Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. (4985 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Movies Promote Babalawos? / ~'Christians' Who Attend Church And Consult Babalawos At The Same Time. . .~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Where are most of this people? How do you find them? And how do you know which one is legit?
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
rolaake: Where are most of this people? How do you find them? And how do you know which one is legit?
i know one but he gets paid before consultation. he is very good. can i send you my bank account number ? when i recieve payment i will give to him and have him consult with you. smiley
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
Buzugee, you don't really believe I will fall for this do you? I mean there so many things wrong with your statement that I won't even bother listing it because I am sure you too know what they are.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:27am On Aug 05, 2012
rolaake: Buzugee, you don't really believe I will fall for this do you? I mean there so many things wrong with your statement that I won't even bother listing it because I am sure you too know what they are.

he is a xtian who is trying to defame the true religions as they do usually, with cheap tricks. dont worry i will send you names or contacts. to be honest with you, i dont know much about Yoruba Religion because i am Hausa but i will try.

1 Like

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2012
btw just for your information, this is one of the best Yoruba Babalawos in the world.just saying. he was even present at the international religious conference.

here: https://www.nairaland.com/896837/babalawo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:37am On Aug 05, 2012
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by Gloriagee(f): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
None are legit, dear

Only the blessings of the Lord maketh rich...You'd most likely strengthen ur bondage goin to these peeps. Try prayin by urself...it works

BTW, r there also mamalawos tongue, nid to add this to my dictionary o
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
Gloriagee: None are legit, dear

Only the blessings of the Lord maketh rich...You'd most likely strengthen ur bondage goin to these peeps. Try prayin by urself...it works

BTW, r there also mamalawos tongue, nid to add this to my dictionary o

he is not talking about money making schemes so stop advertising your failed religion. angry

and there is no such thing as "Mamalawos". Ifa priestesses are called Iyanifa.

2 Likes

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

he is not talking about money making schemes so stop advertising your failed religion. angry

and there is no such thing as "Mamalawos". Ifa priestesses are called Iyanifa.
DIDNT YOU GET BORN AGAIN RECENTLY ? WHAT ARE YA, INDECISIVE ? LOL
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
rolaake: Buzugee, you don't really believe I will fall for this do you? I mean there so many things wrong with your statement that I won't even bother listing it because I am sure you too know what they are.
AM FOR REAL. DO YOU WANT THE ACCOUNT NUMBER HUNNY ?
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by Gloriagee(f): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Eyah Pele Pagan, Y the aggression

My religion is not failed and does not work for money making schemes. Prosperity in the Bible is all round - soul, health, financial etc IIIJohn:2 - I wish above all things that thou mightest prosper n be in health even as thy soul prospereth .

As per the Mamalawo, I'd urge yu to read the thread title again, it reads - Babalawos n Mamalawos in Lag. Wrt the correct name, trust me, I'm really not interested.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
Thanks Gloriagee but you are obviously a Christinan and missinformed.

I am not and will NEVER EVER again[/i] be a christian. Research the bases of you faith, one that came many thousands years before that which of your fore father's. The in brought to Africa by those who took your forefathers slavery.... you believe in their[i] god. I believe in what as proven to work and manifest and was around at thee inception of earth not come white man's faith to indoctrinate and emasculate their people, victims and followers. A faith with a 'men-made' manuscript / book of 'doctrines' aka 'The Holy Bible', that empowers men but deameans and constrain women. I can say much more but that is up to you to discover on your own.

My advise to you, don't waste your life living and waiting on EMPTY PROMISES.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by Gloriagee(f): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
rolaake: Thanks Gloriagee but you are obviously a Christinan and miss[/b]informed.

I am not and will NEVER EVER [b]again
[/i] be a christian. Research the bases of you faith, one that came many thousands years before that which of your fore father's. The in brought to Africa by those who took your forefathers slavery.... you believe in their[i] god. I believe in what as proven to work and manifest and was around at thee inception of earth not come white man's faith to indoctrinate and emasculate their people, victims and followers. A faith with a 'men-made' manuscript / book of 'doctrines' aka 'The Holy Bible', that empowers men but deameans and constrain women. I can say much more but that is up to you to discover on your own.

[s]My advise to you, don't waste your life living and waiting on EMPTY PROMISES[/s].

Thanks Rolaake, whatever rocks your boat. I also disagree that the Holy Bible demeans and constrains women. But, you're entitled to ur opinion
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
Thanks Gloriagee but you are obviously a Christinan and missinformed.

I am not and will NEVER EVER again[/i] be a christian. Research the baises of you faith, one that came many thousands years [i]AFTER that which of our fore father's. This faith/religion in brought to Africa by those who took our[/i] forefathers slavery.... you believe in their[i] god. I believe in what as proven to work and manifest and was around at thee inception of earth not come white man's faith to indoctrinate and emasculate their people, victims and followers. A faith with a 'men-made' manuscript / book of 'doctrines' aka 'The Holy Bible', that empowers men but deameans and constrain women. I can say much more but that is up to you to discover on your own.

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
rolaake: Thanks Gloriagee but you are obviously a Christinan and missinformed.

I am not and will NEVER EVER again[/i] be a christian. Research the bases of you faith, one that came many thousands years before that which of your fore father's. The in brought to Africa by those who took your forefathers slavery.... you believe in their[i] god. I believe in what as proven to work and manifest and was around at thee inception of earth not come white man's faith to indoctrinate and emasculate their people, victims and followers. A faith with a 'men-made' manuscript / book of 'doctrines' aka 'The Holy Bible', that empowers men but deameans and constrain women. I can say much more but that is up to you to discover on your own.

SAYS THE WOMAN WHO IS WAITING ON THE EMPTY PROMISE OF A BABALAWO AND MAMALAWO
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
buzugee: SAYS THE WOMAN WHO IS WAITING ON THE EMPTY PROMISE OF A BABALAWO AND MAMALAWO

The Babalawo has not made any promise like your lieing bible. The Babalawo only dispatches spiritual guidance and prayers.

1 Like

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

The Babalawo has not made any promise like your lieing bible. The Babalawo only dispatches spiritual guidance and prayers.
The babalawo dispatches guidance and prayers ? really ? this is his job description ?
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Buzugee, no one here is "WAITING ON THE EMPTY PROMISE OF A BABALAWO AND MAMALAWO". Like Pagan said "The Babalawo has not made any promise like your lieing bible. The Babalawo only dispatches spiritual guidance and prayers."

ENOUGH! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM FREAKING BIBLE THOMPERS. KEEP YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT YOUR CHRISTIAN FAITH TO YOURSELF. YOU WILL NOT CONVERT WITH WITH YOUR, EVIDENTLY, SHALLOW KNOWKEDGE OF YOUR OWN FAITH OR RELIOGION.
I KNOW more about your faith/religion than you do. I dedicated decades of my life study in it. It roots and origin and it's fondamentals. I have studied other religions and faiths swell including Islam'Taosm' Buddhism etc. YOU....YOU on the other hand are probably just a christian just because that is how you were raised and if you were born into a Muslim home, that that is what you will 'thomp' as well.

The subject of my most is rather clear. If you are not going to contribute like Pagan has, I respectfully ask, PLEASE, KEEP YOU DAMN OPINION TO YOURSELF.

Thank youth and most especially, THANK YOU PAGAN.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
rolaake: Buzugee, no one here is "WAITING ON THE EMPTY PROMISE OF A BABALAWO AND MAMALAWO". Like Pagan said "The Babalawo has not made any promise like your lieing bible. The Babalawo only dispatches spiritual guidance and prayers."

ENOUGH! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM FREAKING BIBLE THOMPERS. KEEP YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT YOUR CHRISTIAN FAITH TO YOURSELF. YOU WILL NOT CONVERT WITH WITH YOUR, EVIDENTLY, SHALLOW KNOWKEDGE OF YOUR OWN FAITH OR[b] RELIOGION[/b].
I KNOW more about your faith/religion than you do. I dedicated decades of my life study in it. It roots and origin and it's fondamentals. I have studied other religions and faiths swell including Islam'Taosm' Buddhism etc. YOU....YOU on the other hand are probably just a christian just because that is how you were raised and if you were born into a Muslim home, that that is what you will 'thomp' as well.

The subject of my most is rather clear. If you are not going to contribute like Pagan has, I respectfully ask, PLEASE, KEEP YOU DAMN OPINION TO YOURSELF.

Thank youth and most especially, THANK YOU PAGAN.
i do not know what a relogion is. i cant have shallow knowledge of what i have never heard of. relogion, that is.

and i aint a 'thomper'. what the heck is a thomper ? woman i see you have been drinkin that cheap shekpe again.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Buzugee, I'm am sure you can "see" me "drinking the cheap shekpe" because the "holy ghost" has given you divine spirit of fore-sight to see that. As for "Thomper"...., thought perhaps that would be "Lehman's term" it for you". Let's return to proper vocabulary. Bible 'fanatic'.

My disposition is clear. I do not want to hear not need any 'sermons' of the bible or christinaty in whole.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
rolaake: Buzugee, I'm am sure you can "see" me "drinking the cheap shekpe" because the "holy ghost" has given you divine spirit of fore-sight to see that. As for "Thomper"...., thought perhaps that would be "Lehman's term" it for you". Let's return to proper vocabulary. Bible 'fanatic'.

My disposition is clear. I do not want to hear not need any 'sermons' of the bible or christinaty in whole.
and when exactly did i quote you biblical sermons ? or talk about christianity ? all i asked is for you to pay some money into my account. whats biblical about that ? leave that shekpe alone Rolaake. speaking of Rolaake, is that ya real name ? i mean i have heard about Folake but never Rolaake.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
buzugee .. .. , bushy. .., .bullsh!T
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by buzugee(m): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
buzugee .. .. , bushy. .., .bullsh!T
grin grin grin says the pagan.

2 Likes

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by Ptolomeus(m): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
@rolaake; @PAGAN
Mo juba!
Dear brethren.
Believe me, that to me is not easy to write this post ...
You know well my position on religion ...
But in honor of ethics, I must state the following:
1. In Yoruba tradition, the degree of Babalawo is exclusively male. That's not a matter of discrimination but a woman can not look directly into eyes lso Odu.
2. The role of women in the cult of IFA, is to Iyapetebí, whose function is essential, but it can not perform divination.
3. There Mamalawó term. and has never existed.
4. And the '80s, some Babalawos tried to institutionalize babalawo Iyaonifá degree (for women), with the sole purpose of financial compensation.
5. Initial statements by Professor Wande Abimbola, were to the contrary, disavowing the actions of the babalawo, and declaring the pollock of Iyaonifa nonexistent.
6. Due to pressure from UNESCO, on alleged discrimination against women in Africa, Professor Wande Abimbola change your mind, and officially accepted the position of Iyaonifá, wiping his assh, ancient traditions and foundations of the Yoruba religion.
Wande Abimbola was (and I suppose still is) the representative of the Yoruba religion abroad (Diaspora) and opinion (unfortunately) it's official.
This is the official reality. Even if it hurts.
That sir, is responsible for this mess in history.
The head is him, and gave inept that office, and seconded those decisions, serving exclusively the economic (profit) to the detriment of the traditions and foundations.
I hope nobody is offended, and I hope you understand that it is not easy for me to have made this exhibition.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ptolomeus: @rolaake; @PAGAN
Mo juba!
Dear brethren.
Believe me, that to me is not easy to write this post ...
You know well my position on religion ...
But in honor of ethics, I must state the following:
1. In Yoruba tradition, the degree of Babalawo is exclusively male. That's not a matter of discrimination but a woman can not look directly into eyes lso Odu.
2. The role of women in the cult of IFA, is to Iyapetebí, whose function is essential, but it can not perform divination.
3. There Mamalawó term. and has never existed.
4. And the '80s, some Babalawos tried to institutionalize babalawo Iyaonifá degree (for women), with the sole purpose of financial compensation.
5. Initial statements by Professor Wande Abimbola, were to the contrary, disavowing the actions of the babalawo, and declaring the pollock of Iyaonifa nonexistent.
6. Due to pressure from UNESCO, on alleged discrimination against women in Africa, Professor Wande Abimbola change your mind, and officially accepted the position of Iyaonifá, wiping his assh, ancient traditions and foundations of the Yoruba religion.
Wande Abimbola was (and I suppose still is) the representative of the Yoruba religion abroad (Diaspora) and opinion (unfortunately) it's official.
This is the official reality. Even if it hurts.
That sir, is responsible for this mess in history.
The head is him, and gave inept that office, and seconded those decisions, serving exclusively the economic (profit) to the detriment of the traditions and foundations.
I hope nobody is offended, and I hope you understand that it is not easy for me to have made this exhibition.

ah i see. because i see lots of Ifa Priestesses these days. sometimes even outnumbering the men.

in our Hausa Religion, in Yam Bori practices, it s always done by females.

Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by Ptolomeus(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ah i see. because i see lots of Ifa Priestesses these days. sometimes even outnumbering the men.

in our Hausa Religion, in Yam Bori practices, it s always done by females.

http://www.suppressedhistories.net/articles/borimagadja.jpg

Dear friend:
I could write several books on this subject.
In South America, the first to win laliberad were women.
That was because in us free time, they sold their meals, their suburbs .. and managed to buy with that money or free, and then of their husbands.
For this reason, it is not surprising that the first priestesses of the cult in South America, have been women .. but not in the cult of IFA! ...
I have not much information on the Hausa cult, but it is very logical that onsome cases are exclusively women who perform it.
The priestesses of the cult of Iya mi Osorongá , are also exclusively women. You and I understand, which do not fit about discrimination, but of different energies ...
The picture you posted is beautiful ... touching!

Always a pleasure to talk to you, dear friend!

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iy%C3%A1_Nass%C3%B4

(Excuse me, that the article is in Portuguese)
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend:
I could write several books on this subject.
In South America, the first to win laliberad were women.
That was because in us free time, they sold their meals, their suburbs .. and managed to buy with that money or free, and then of their husbands.
For this reason, it is not surprising that the first priestesses of the cult in South America, have been women .. but not in the cult of IFA! ...
I have not much information on the Hausa cult, but it is very logical that onsome cases are exclusively women who perform it.
The priestesses of the cult of Iya mi Osorongá , are also exclusively women. You and I understand, which do not fit about discrimination, but of different energies ...
The picture you posted is beautiful ... touching!

Always a pleasure to talk to you, dear friend!

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iy%C3%A1_Nass%C3%B4

(Excuse me, that the article is in Portuguese)

oh yes i definitely agree with you. it is not discriminatory, it is the different attributes and roles of each sex.

thnx abt the pic. grin
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Buzugee 'Rolaake' is Rolanke Solake combined in 'Rola-ake' .....FYI.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Pagan, this was hikarious!
buzugee: grin grin grin says the pagan.
. - Even Buzugee knows it is fitting for him.
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PastorAIO: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
rolaake: @Buzugee 'Rolaake' is Rolanke Solake combined in 'Rola-ake' .....FYI.

Solake! Since you are taking care of witchcraft in your family why don't you go and enquire from your grandmother which direction you should go? Try asking her which of your ancestors was called Solake and why he was called so.

Explore the ties of your family with Osoronga. That is the Iyami. Study Odu Osa meji. All the Osa odu as well as Oyeku.

Are you from Abeokuta? Egba or Ijebu, or around those parts?
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
rolaake: @Pagan, this was hikarious! . - Even Buzugee knows it is fitting for him.

hahaha it was actually an inside joke from a previous thread! grin
Re: Babalawos And Mamalawos In Lagos. by rolaake: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2012
@Pagan - Recycled humor can still be funny. and it was!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Great Scandal: Christianity's Role In The Rise Of The Nazi. / Read Daily RCCG Iopen Heavens And Inspirational Word On Faithdrivetoeternityblog / Hot Prophecies About The United States Of America US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.