Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals (20001 Views)

Blessing Okagbare's White Wedding Photos With Hubby, Igho Otegheri / US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon / Ajoke Odumosu Places Last In Women's 400M Hurdles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by maximum007(m): 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Acidosis(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
Great loss. .
Thank God PHCN interrupted the power some few minutes to the finals.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by maximum007(m): 10:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
Acidosis: Great loss. .
Thank God PHCN interrupted the power some few minutes to the finals.
Lol. It seems PHCN dey vex for Team Nigeria
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Wisdytech(m): 1:24am On Aug 05, 2012
Hmmmm! MORE EFFORT GIRL! PLS
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Builder: 1:29am On Aug 05, 2012
NO!!! she is the 7th fastest woman in the world... Congrats to her

17 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by hydiciousb: 1:33am On Aug 05, 2012
grin grin[b][/b]I GUESS CORRUPTION RACE SHOULD ALSO BE INTRODUCED, THERE WE CAN ALWAYS EXPECT A MEDAL! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by linearity: 1:34am On Aug 05, 2012
Builder: NO!!! she is the 7th fastest woman in the world... Congrats to her

I think, we all know that, she did not get to run in the Olympic finals by been a mediocre...we are just lamenting that, our best hope of getting a medal have been lost...and for us to have placed our hopes on her in the first place, tells you that, we did not think she is a pushover...

4 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by pinozino: 1:38am On Aug 05, 2012
The holy book says,when d righteous rules d nation rejoices,GEJ should re-examine himself.may be dis poor turnout 4 naija should hv been averted.its a pity.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by kerijay(m): 1:44am On Aug 05, 2012
Well She tried........no Medal For Team Naija,boko haram sports shuld be included at least we can take the bronze medal behind iran and co

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by nijanigga: 1:51am On Aug 05, 2012
hydiciousb: grin grin[b][/b]I GUESS CORRUPTION RACE SHOULD ALSO BE INTRODUCED, THERE WE CAN ALWAYS EXPECT A MEDAL! grin grin grin grin
You got this right,ignorant nijas go wan condemn you,no mind them,many of them are scammers.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 05, 2012
The Jamaican chic has a big batty!! grin

Hey, don't write her off - she should be able to do well in 200m and long jump...

And we've got a good chance in the relays...
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by EzeUche(m): 1:54am On Aug 05, 2012
Freewilly: Is she igbo?

I thought a Yoruba would know an Edo name?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Litmus: 1:56am On Aug 05, 2012
Pressure got to her, it was a predictable end.

Okabare could be exceptional as a heptathlete.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Afam4eva(m): 1:59am On Aug 05, 2012
This is really disapointring. So, where are the medals going to come from again?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by nijanigga: 1:59am On Aug 05, 2012
maximum007: Nigeria's medal hopeful, Blessing Okagbare couldn't make it to the medal podium as she finished 8th (Last) in the 100m finals with a time of 11.01

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777646_olympic_-_Blessing_comes_last_-_sums_up_Nigeria_-_jidesaluDiary-jsalublogspot1_jpg3a1d5936c9962d1c40ce0881e29a4f8b[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777647_Olympic_-_may_your_blessing_not_be_last_-_jidesaluDiary-jsalublogspot1_jpgcdb0163150e789929cb3bd4f886bcf1f[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777648_Olympic_-_blessing_looks_at_the_screen__-_jidesaluDiary-jsalublogspot1_jpg52a38a690877bf9858f011970656b8b8[/img]
When I said Nigeria may not win any medal,many were cursing and saying rubbish.Nigeria is a failed state, you can't give what you don't have.We exported what we have to London olympics;Failure.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by mruknaijaboy(m): 2:04am On Aug 05, 2012
Why are our athletes always sub par? Im sick of this crap now
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Dvampire(m): 2:08am On Aug 05, 2012
The Olympic games have shown that truly, sports is definitely dead in Nigeria. Even charcoal medal, we cannot win. Just busy raking in defeats and losses left, right and centre. It's a shame that we have hit rock bottom yet we claim to be the giant of Africa. I wonder the kind giant wey we be o. Imagine South Africa presenting a man without complete legs (Oscar Pistorious- the blade runner), in the relay races! This goes to show that when a government is performing well for its people, there will be dedication, patriotism and hope. I weep for this country

6 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 05, 2012
Omfg Shelly beat Carm?.....damn i recorded the shid, Didn't even watch it yet...I can't believe that shid.

Shelly accent fineee asssssss hellllllll
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by nijanigga: 2:11am On Aug 05, 2012
mruknaijaboy: Why are our athletes always sub par? Im sick of this crap now
It's not our athlete,it's our system;corruption is killing everything we do.Only in Nigeria $250,000 meant for footballer's allowance got missing in hotel,till date nobody is held to account for it.Look the politicians,contractors and co,looting unchecked.EFCC is useless now.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by nijanigga: 2:13am On Aug 05, 2012
Dvampire: The Olympic games have shown that truly, sports is definitely dead in Nigeria. Even charcoal medal, we cannot win. Just busy raking in defeats and losses left, right and centre. It's a shame that we have hit rock bottom yet we claim to be the giant of Africa. I wonder the kind giant wey we be o. Imagine South Africa presenting a man without complete legs (Oscar Pistorious- the blade runner), in the relay races! This goes to show that when a government is performing well for its people, there will be dedication, patriotism and hope. I weep for this country
Oscar Pistorious has qualified for the semi-final individual 400 M dash race, the relay is an addition.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by nijanigga: 2:14am On Aug 05, 2012
afam4eva: This is really disapointring. So, where are the medals going to come from again?
scamming and fraud.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 05, 2012
You guys are being to hard on the nigerian woman, the women who finished in front of her are juiced up new world ped laced lab rats.

Even with that said...she still did really well!

1 [Jamaica] Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce 0.153 ~10.75
2 [United States] Carmelita Jeter 0.153 ~10.78
3 [Jamaica] Veronica Campbell-Brown 0.143 ~10.81
4 [United States] Tianna Madison 0.171 ~10.85
5 [United States] Allyson Felix 0.176 ~10.89
6 [Trinidad and Tobago] Kelly-Ann Baptist0.128 ~10.94
7 [Côte d’Ivoire] Murielle Ahoure 0.156 ~11.00
8 [Nigeria] Blessing Okagbare 0.165 ~11.01

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Litmus: 2:20am On Aug 05, 2012
nijanigga:
When I said Nigeria may not win any medal,many were cursing and saying rubbish.Nigeria is a failed state, you can't give what you don't have.We exported what we have to London olympics;Failure.

I don't get it, what dose failing to win medals in the Olympics and statehood status have in common?

I'm sure Mexico is going to win medals, Khazakstan has five gold medals while Switzerland has only one. And many African nations, including the land of the short, black, jealous men, won't win any - electricity or no electricity.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 05, 2012
Litmus:

I don't get it, what dose failing to win medals in the Olympics and statehood status have in common?

I'm sure Mexico is going to win medals, Khazakstan has five gold medals while Switzerland has only one. And many African nations, including the land of the short, black, jealous men, won't win any, electricity or no electricity.

...lol the land of the short black jealous men? grin
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by CyberG: 2:25am On Aug 05, 2012
EzeUche:

I thought a Yoruba would know an Edo name?

No wonder no medal because the only one useless tribalist people win in a shameless country like Nigeria is gold medal in tribalism, seccession gold medal, corruption, kidnapping, drug courier, BH suicide bombing, 40 lapdogging! Anuofia country!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by CyberG: 2:26am On Aug 05, 2012
mruknaijaboy: Why are our athletes always sub par? Im sick of this crap now

What did Nigeria invest in this people or the country for Olympics specifically or in sports generally? Reply with figures and sources only!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Afam4eva(m): 2:28am On Aug 05, 2012
Litmus:

I'm sure Mexico is going to win medals, Khazakstan has five gold medals while Switzerland has only one. And many African nations, including the land of the short, black, jealous men, won't win any - electricity or no electricity.
So, you don't think Nigeria's failure to win any medals have anything to do with it's failure as a state considering the fact that our performance has been reducing in every olympics.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by member479760: 2:29am On Aug 05, 2012
Ochallo look before you fly!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by CyberG: 2:29am On Aug 05, 2012
afam4eva: This is really disapointring. So, where are the medals going to come from again?

What did Nigeria invest in this people or the country for Olympics specifically or in sports generally? Reply with figures and sources only!

Your medals will come from secession, corruption , suicide bombing, empty chest beating, thiefry, tribalism, and 40 lapdogging.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:33am On Aug 05, 2012

^^^You were actually expecting us to win a couple of medals shocked? I admire your optimism.....nice going wink.

Other countries that prepared well in advance went for olumpics.....countries that actually spent 'good' money on their preparations and training, and then along comes Nigeria, wanting to join the party after only a few weeks of fire-brigade training and inadequate funding undecided? We just went there to make up the numbers.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by member479760: 2:35am On Aug 05, 2012
100 M race na black people sport, 6 from N. America + 2 from their fathers land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty To Tax Fraud- Suspended Two-year Prison Sentence / Leo Messi: Real Madrid Weaker Without Cristiano Ronaldo / Yakubu Adesokan Shines At The African Games in Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.