Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? (18556 Views)

UBA Security Collects Bribe At The ATM From Customer, Fight Ensues (Video) / How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / Do You Help Strangers To Withdraw At The ATM? Read What Happened To A Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by DJNANCY: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific: Sometimes some of the money gets stuck in the "dispenser"...as in the money will come out but a piece of it will be in the atm. And you can easily forget grabbing it. For me, I count my money ohhh...dont want to hear stories about my money after hustling all day and all night for

I don laff sote I broke my fasting mistakenly with bread and groundnut.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by adefash(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
I was called from a bank recently that my atm short paid a guy who came to complain.thank god i was around the banking premises and they just loaded cash.i breezed in to defend my machine.
when i checked the journal,it recorded 4k against 3k that was dispensed.we counted the money left in the cassete.it was one bill more that what the machine said was left.if the guy hadnt reported,the bank will have an unclaimed overage.this is a machine.unexplainable situations can occure.i'm an atm engineer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by adefash(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is not an issue that occurs often,yet u cant rule out its possibility.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by Dstar1(f): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
I think is important u count cos most banks(uba) request u that b4 leaving the Atm point.
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by sashaa(f): 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
pafestula:
look at this irrelivant comment...So ATM machine still looked for d fake note itself and paid u? That is GIGO in GIGO out, now I see Nig re very far way back from technology and innovations...am out of this debate
ur point being?
Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by sashaa(f): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

If at all you have banker brothers, then they must have gone through school, but the school never went through them.

If the circuit board is faulty, the calculator's power won't come on

@all
NL members are mostly cave-men. If there's a problem with the ATM dispensing incorrect cash (higher or lower), it's not from the physical machine.
The physical ATM works flawlessly. Tell ur presido, Goodluck, to improve your network performance. Most problems arises when the messages are being trasnmitted.
Most of the ppl blabbing dont even know how it works.
There's a super computer located in the machine that does send the atm number, and encrypted pin, to the relay server.
The relay server is located at the ATM'S provider building. If the atm is located inside a bank, then the relay server is located right there in the bank
that's why most people prefer to use atms inside the bank's building at their particular branch.
If it's a roadside ATM, then the relay server is probably located at INTERSWITCH office (or the manufacturer of VERVE cards) depends on the type of ATM card you're using.
From there, the message is transmitted to your banking for confirmation of account details and balance.
Then it goes back to the server (INTERSWITCH OR VERVE head office) and back to the CPU . . the machine inside the ATM compartment.
once there's a glitch in network along these path, en error often occurs, e.g. debit without pay, more cash, less cash etc.

I bet your brothers at the bank do not know this, rubbish.
mr.learned guy, d thread is about whether it is possible to be shortpaid/overpaid by an ATM simple

1 Like

Re: Counting Your Money At The ATM: Why? by walex1991(m): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2014
Basic:

Let's continue to hold ATM machines as being 100% perfect as regards money counting so far nobody, even here in Naija, has ever claimed incompleteness of the money dispensed by an ATM. If anybody has ever experienced such, let us know. Until then, we hold on to the view that ATMs are perfect money counters.

Thats bull crap...av been shortpaid by an fcmb ATM before but I wasn't the only one.. We had to go and complain uniformly to the bank representatives...computers are bound to make errors biko count ur money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest Igbo Men In 2019 / CBN limits Dollar Purchase From BDCs: $10000 For School Fees, $5000 For Medicals / 3000 Dock Workers Retrenched As 20 Shipping Companies Shut Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.