Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers (12381 Views)

Beats By Dr. Dre Monster Headphones For Music Professionals And Music Lovers / Pastor E.a Adeboye Classical Messages / Classical Music Is Better Than Rap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
ayox2003:

No. Download 'em at 4shared.com

Hell no. My BB is still recovering from the virus it contracted from that website!
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lyth:

And yup, her blood sis ...u knw clannad (grp Enya broke frm)is made up of her family mostly n they r almost all musical artistes.
Aren't Clannad the group that did the sound track of the 1980s "Robinhood' series on BBC?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ishilove:
Aren't Clannad the group that did the sound track of the 1980s "Robinhood' series on BBC?

Yep they r but mostly wit Enya at d fore, so sm folks tend 2 credit it 2 Enya solely....but its Clannad alryt.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
Lyth:

Yep they r but mostly wit Enya at d fore, so sm folks tend 2 credit it 2 Enya solely....but its Clannad alryt.
Wow... I have always felt Enya's style is vaguely familiar. I was only able to link them to Enya when you mentioned it.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ishilove:
aarrrghh! That ST was...spiritual! Taaaan..tarararara ra ran, tan tan, ta ra raan!..rooobinnn...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
is it just me? But Enya's music seems sorta satanic grin like she wants to possess your soul or something.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
BoboYekini: is it just me? But Enya's music seems sorta satanic grin like she wants to possess your soul or something.
bros thats what ENCHANTING means. . . I think.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
BoboYekini: is it just me? But Enya's music seems sorta satanic grin like she wants to possess your soul or something.
As in ehn... No be small thing. That soundtrack is a timeless classic. smiley

I won't say her songs are satanic; I'll say they have this ethereal quality about them. Almost otherworldly. I can't put my finger on it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
brokoto: bros thats what ENCHANTING means. . . I think.
Enchanting is another word. And speaking of enchantment, I had her sister Moya's 'Perfect Time' on repeat for close to seven hours today. I had to force myself to stop the track because the only addiction I permit in my life is addiction to my creator. And besides, I was tired of the goosebumps the song was giving me.

Alas,however, I can't get the song out of my head now sad sad

'Perfect time' is the quintessence of ENCHANTING.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2012
BoboYekini: aarrrghh! That ST was...spiritual! Taaaan..tarararara ra ran, tan tan, ta ra raan!..rooobinnn...
Di di di dummm!! Domdommm!!! grin grin

Brings back memories smiley. Every thursday by 5.30pm to 6pm, NTA channel 10. Before that, 'Rent-a-ghost', 5pm to 5.30pm, channel 10. Double whammer every thursday smiley.
Those BBC series were the best!! cheesy
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2012
Ishi dear, any other site I can dl the music at? I'm particularly interested in Enya and her sis.

About the "satanic" thing, back in the uni, some guys were going on about stuff like that, you know, "sold her soul", "bride of Satan" bla bla bla like that. I know that it's just the Gaelic quality of her music. The Gaelic peoples are very soulful, very melancholy peoples. Their music is very emotionally stirring.

It's why I used to watch Braveheart and Lord of the Rings with tears in my eyes. "Enchanting" is probably the word for it, but I think I prefer "brooding".
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
^ very true. They are so pagan,
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by sigmundfreud(m): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2012
i so love enya! My best is 'only time'...its as if shez trying to tell me something. i tend to listen to her more when my mood is low or when i want to write.
Yet to get Moya though...just heard bout her here and checked her out on google.
Yanni..thats another day!
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
Enya/Moya? Aren't they Irish folk singers as opposed to classical/opera artistes?

BTW, Moya's my preference of the sisters sha.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by AjanleKoko: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2012
naijababe: Enya/Moya? Aren't they Irish folk singers as opposed to classical/opera artistes?

BTW, Moya's my preference of the sisters sha.

Correct. The sisters, as well as the band Clannad, play Irish folk music. Not classical music.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Correct. The sisters, as well as the band Clannad, play Irish folk music. Not classical music.

Perhaps so. But they kinda come to mind when you're thinking orchestral music.

@BoboYekini

Pagan?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Perhaps so. But they kinda come to mind when you're thinking orchestral music.

@BoboYekini

Pagan?

Hmmm, I don't think so. If your ears are familiar to music of celtic roots you can always distinguish them. Orchestras have rich melody of string instruments while celt music heavy on pipes. I am not expert though.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ishilove:
As in ehn... No be small thing. That soundtrack is a timeless classic. smiley

I won't say her songs are satanic; I'll say they have this ethereal quality about them. Almost otherworldly. I can't put my finger on it

U so nailed it ....ethereal jst hacks it!
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ishilove:
Di di di dummm!! Domdommm!!! grin grin

Brings back memories smiley. Every thursday by 5.30pm to 6pm, NTA channel 10. Before that, 'Rent-a-ghost', 5pm to 5.30pm, channel 10. Double whammer every thursday smiley.
Those BBC series were the best!! cheesy

Those were d good ol days Ishi ....as in Robbin of loxley n d craziness of mr.Claypole ....memories memories memories!!!
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
sigmundfreud: i so love enya! My best is 'only time'...its as if shez trying to tell me something. i tend to listen to her more when my mood is low or when i want to write.
Yet to get Moya though...just heard bout her here and checked her out on google.
Yanni..thats another day!

U wld be so glad wen u get ahold of moya/maire brennan ....she wld so blow u away!
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ihedinobi: Ishi dear, any other site I can dl the music at? I'm particularly interested in Enya and her sis.

The Gaelic peoples are very soulful, very melancholy peoples. Their music is very emotionally stirring.

Well u cld giv mp3skull.com a try ....on point on d gaelic music.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Lyth: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ishilove:
Enchanting is another word. And speaking of enchantment, I had her sister Moya's 'Perfect Time' on repeat for close to seven hours today. I had to force myself to stop the track because the only addiction I permit in my life is addiction to my creator. And besides, I was tired of the goosebumps the song was giving me.

Alas,however, I can't get the song out of my head now sad sad

'Perfect time' is the quintessence of ENCHANTING.

Its a killer track ...but d track "perfect time" is totally a christian song so why d goosebumps? *lol* Infact d cd "Perfect Time" is wholly a christian worship n soul-searching cd. Listen 2 her "heal this land", light on d hill and "the big rock" n tell me wat u fink.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
I'm not so much of an Enya fan. I tried listening to her around 2007/08 but i later stopped because it just wasn't cutting it with me. I'm a fan and performer of opera. Has anyone listened to Paul Potts? What do you guys think?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
brokoto: I'm not so much of an Enya fan. I tried listening to her around 2007/08 but i later stopped because it just wasn't cutting it with me. I'm a fan and performer of opera. Has anyone listened to Paul Potts? What do you guys think?
For real shocked

You can like to call me and serenade with your voice!! cheesy. Pweety pweeeeez?? sad
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ishilove:
For real shocked

You can like to call me and serenade with your voice!! cheesy. Pweety pweeeeez?? sad
lol. you have to pay na. but if you are serious just say so. though i'm based in PH and you are a Lasgidi right?
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Lyth:

Its a killer track ...but d track "perfect time" is totally a christian song so why d goosebumps? *lol* Infact d cd "Perfect Time" is wholly a christian worship n soul-searching cd. Listen 2 her "heal this land", light on d hill and "the big rock" n tell me wat u fink.
Actually what happened was this: I downloaded the song from tubidy and decided to play it while I attended to some chores. Initially when the track started playing I wasn't listening to it, I just unconsciously pushed it to the background so that it was merely among the many background sounds, i.e, ceiling fan banging, cars passing by, my brain waves etc. However after about a minute and a half, my skin started breaking out in goose pimples. I was like what tha...? I was so totally engrossed in my chores that it took me sometime to connect the goosebumps to the song. I find it hard to believe that I wasn't even consciously listening to the song yet my body still reacted to it. Beautiful track smiley

I don't have the other ones you mentioned but I will search for them online.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
brokoto: lol. you have to pay na. but if you are serious just say so. though i'm based in PH and you are a Lasgidi right?
Yep, I'm in The Gidi,but you can send me a voice recording via email na. Pweety pweeeeeze?? sad
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
brokoto: lol. you have to pay na. but if you are serious just say so.
I am very serious o. And as for the payment part, well, thy reward is in heaven. grin
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by ayox2003: 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
brokoto: I'm not so much of an Enya fan. I tried listening to her around 2007/08 but i later stopped because it just wasn't cutting it with me. I'm a fan and performer of opera. Has anyone listened to Paul Potts? What do you guys think?

Ermm...Enya should have her own thread. She's just like Era. Celtic, Gaelic, Irish, New-age, film scores...from May It Be to Amarantine to Adiemus.

Yea, Paul Potts is a great guy. Excellent tenor. Used to listen to his Amapola and Time To Say Goodbye. He needs to get on stage more often.

Like I said earlier, Vivaldi still remains my one and only. His Four seasons: Summer takes me back to those Broadman Hymnal days. Anyone heard his Spring?

Frawzey
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
naijababe:

Hmmm, I don't think so. If your ears are familiar to music of celtic roots you can always distinguish them. Orchestras have rich melody of string instruments while celt music heavy on pipes. I am not expert though.

No need to split hairs on it, dear. I used to not be sure whether Enya was opera or not, but I got cleared on that here. Still, I associate her type of music and Yanni's too with opera. Not because they both are but because they involve a vast array of music. You get it, right?

Ishi darling, I de feels you. The goosebump ish is normal to Celtic music. I was practically wailing when I watched movies featuring her music as soundtrack.

Lyth, thanks, man. I'll try it out.

Brokoto, is it actually possible to train or retrain one's voice here in Naija? Abeg, tell me how o.
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Ishilove: 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Brokoto, is it actually possible to train or retrain one's voice here in Naija? Abeg, tell me how o.
Yes Bros brokoto, we want to know grin
Re: Thread For Opera/classical Music Lovers by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ishilove:
Yes Bros brokoto, we want to know grin
yea. of course. there are numerous techniques depending on your voice type, if you are a newbie or a backslided singer, or if you generally want to improve. also, there are also personal/customised training for the individual depending on the individual's tone of voice, promise and seriousness. i'll say get a voice trainer but if you cant get ahold of any, there are some fantastic videos on youtube. if any of you is interested just holla here. tell me how far you've actually gone in singing and your voice type. we could start from there. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Naija Mix 2008 (CLOSED) | http://wetin-dey.com / Mixtape: Best Of R. Kelly DJ Mixtape (all R Kelly Songs) / Video: Flavour – Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.