Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? (8217 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Can One Go To Heaven With Tatoo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
I've been thinking about this story of the Jesus character ascending up 'into heaven' before onlookers.

Think about that carefully. It's the most crazy idea isn't it?

For starters, the implication is that heaven is an actual physical location 'up there', like on some distant planet. But everything we know about the afterlife or spirit world indicates that it's a different spiritual dimension, as opposed to a different physical location. Thus one can only go to heaven by shedding one's physical body via death, and assuming the spiritual or ethereal one that allows one to dwell in heaven. One cannot enter heaven with a physical body. Surely! smiley Thus the idea of 'Jesus' ascending up into heaven before onlookers is most absurd, even by the crazy standards of the Jewish book of fairytales called the bible, isn't it?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by buzugee(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
he ascended to heaven in chariots. UFOs
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Just imagine what you're saying. . .

If ordinary object like plane created by people that cannot manufacture a single human eye, as useless and empty as is it could fly why won't he (the son of God the most high) fly/ascend with whatever body he decide to use?. . .physical body; spirit body or whatever 'atheistic' language you may wish to use.

2 Likes

Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by EvilBrain1(m): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
Rossikk: I've been thinking about this story of Jesus ascending up 'into heaven' before onlookers?

For starters, the implication is that heaven is an actual physical location 'up there', like on some distant planet. But everything we know about the afterlife or spirit world indicates that it's a different spiritual dimension, as opposed to a different physical location. Thus one can only go to heaven by shedding one's physical body via death, and assuming the spiritual or ethereal one that allows one to dwell in heaven. One cannot enter heaven with a physical body. Surely! smiley Thus the idea of 'Jesus' ascending up into heaven before onlookers is most absurd, even by the crazy standards of the Jewish book of fairytales called the bible, isn't it?

Sharrap you bloody edeot. You solar systemists have started again with your lies. Do you really expect any sensible person to believe that the earth is a kind of ball rolling round a giant sun? So which ground is the ball rolling on? Why doesn't it fall down like your so called "law of gravity" says?

Nonsense! All this your scientific theories don't even make sense.

My bible says that JESUS ascended into heaven. That clearly shows that heaven must be up. Therefore, hell must be down. Do you think you know more than bible?

The solar system doesn't exist, evolution is a lie of the devil, and global warming is a myth. You people had better repent before you find hour self going down (to hellfire).

1 Like

Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
Acidosis: Just imagine what you're saying. . .

If ordinary object like plane created by people that cannot manufacture a single human eye, as useless and empty as is it could fly why won't he (the son of God the most high) fly/ascend with whatever body he decide to use?. . .physical body; spirit body or whatever 'atheistic' language you may wish to use.

Your brain is obviously clogged up by so much garbage and fluff. Do you actually know the difference between physical and spiritual dimensions? Why ask? Seeing you have a mental age of 2, it likely never occurred to you in your entire life to ponder the two parallels. ''Physical body, spirit body or whatever''? ''Or whatever''?? The mind of a cretin.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
Any person with an IQ over 2 to respond to this.. query?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
same way elijah ascended but through a different means *ofe/ogbe*
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
ondo_boi: same way elijah ascended but through a different means *ofe/ogbe*

If a person named Elijah went up anywhere, he went up into the sky in a UFO with aliens. It is absurd to think a physical human can ride in a 'chariot' into heaven. Heaven is a spiritual dimension not a physical location up in the sky that physical beings can visit. In order to go to heaven you must either die, OR visit there through an out-of-body experience (OBE) in which your spirit body or soul (invisible to humans) departs your physical body as in a vivid dream or a near-death experience.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by pictures: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
Remember Jesus was now a full spirit with glorified
human body after resurrection but no blood in him because all was basically drained
on the cross. He was entirely in a different state from us.
This is the kind of body Christians are to be given before rapture.
It can travel by itself at the speed of light without any mode of
transportation like UFO or chariot like Elijah's own.
The body doesn't die, get hungry , diseased ,it
is indestructible, cannot sin and has no physical or spiritual limitation.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Delafruita(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
Evil Brain:

Sharrap you bloody edeot. You solar systemists have started again with your lies. Do you really expect any sensible person to believe that the earth is a kind of ball rolling round a giant sun? So which ground is the ball rolling on? Why doesn't it fall down like your so called "law of gravity" says?

My bible says that JESUS ascended into heaven. That clearly shows that heaven must be up. Therefore, hell must be down. Do you think you know more than bible?

The solar system doesn't exist, evolution is a lie of the devil, and global warming is a myth. You people had better repent before you find hour self going down (to hellfire).
with a reasoning like this,its no wonder pastors rides SUVs,give out aston martins and fly in jets all over the world.
perhaps jesus went up with a hot-air balloon.did the "windows of heaven" open for him to enter?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
pictures: Remember Jesus was now a full spirit with glorified
human body after resurrection but no blood in him because all was basically drained
on the cross. He was entirely in a different state from us.
This is the kind of body Christians are to be given before rapture.
It can travel by itself at the speed of light without any mode of
transportation like UFO or chariot like Elijah's own.
The body doesn't die, get hungry , diseased ,it
is indestructible, cannot sin and has no physical or spiritual limitation.

You seem to be describing the ethereal or spirit body, which EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF BELIEF SYSTEM acquires upon exiting this physical reality. Trouble is, this body is ordinarily invisible to physical humans. And even if by some miracle or special exertion of energy, 'Jesus' made his spirit body visible to onlookers, as in the form of a vivid ghost, why would he 'ascend' into heaven rather than simply dematerialize? Surely that would be the honest thing to do since heaven is not a physical location where one rises up into, but merely a different dimension or frequency.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by EvilBrain1(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
Delafruita:
with a reasoning like this,its no wonder pastors rides SUVs,give out aston martins and fly in jets all over the world.
perhaps jesus went up with a hot-air balloon.did the "windows of heaven" open for him to enter?

You need to go and service your sarcasm detector.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Areaboy2(m): 12:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Evil Brain:

lol after reading the original post i knew you were just messing around

but u scared me there for a second. and 1 like too. i wonder if that was an appreciation of sarcasm or he tot u were serious too cheesy grin
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by ijawkid(m): 12:47am On Aug 06, 2012
@poster......

Me sef dey ask that question o......

I for one believe Jesus must have had to be a spirit to get into the heavens........

Because only spirit persons live in the heavens.....
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by wiegraf: 3:34am On Aug 06, 2012
Is this a serious question? It should be marked christian only, or something. Atheistic 'cognitive dissonance detector' could overload and crash. Even if I were religious I'd be pissed at the question. You had no problem with virgin births, water to wine, walking on water etc and now suddenly have an issue with this...

Oh, you're trolling. My bad, nothing to see here. Move along
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:32am On Aug 06, 2012
Rossikk: I've been thinking about this story of the Jesus character ascending up 'into heaven' before onlookers.

i know you already have your opinion on this matter, but im open minded enough to give my input. Imagine beings with spirit and consciousness, well there is the problem we can only imagine the spiritual (at least until we get there) we dont know it, we do know exact physical body cant live in d spiritual but i know a glorified body like that of christ which could transcend space and time can also trancend realms, that is the work of God. You may probably see me as blinded and confused, but give it a thought, so much is posible. And a good scientist would not throw away any posibility when dealing with an unknown, the spiritual realm is largly unknown and our mind cant take us very far. This is my 2 cents and i hope you read with and open mind.
I wish you blessings.

1 Like

Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Delafruita(m): 6:46am On Aug 06, 2012
Evil Brain:

sorry dude.wrong quote

1 Like

Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ubenedictus: i know you already have your opinion on this matter, but im open minded enough to give my input. Imagine beings with spirit and consciousness, well there is the problem we can only imagine the spiritual (at least until we get there) we dont know it, we do know exact physical body cant live in d spiritual but i know a glorified body like that of christ which could transcend space and time can also trancend realms, that is the work of God. You may probably see me as blinded and confused, but give it a thought, so much is posible. And a good scientist would not throw away any posibility when dealing with an unknown, the spiritual realm is largly unknown and our mind cant take us very far. This is my 2 cents and i hope you read with and open mind.
I wish you blessings.

What do you mean by a glorified body?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rossikk:

What do you mean by a glorified body?
after christs resurrection his corruptible body put on incorruptibility, he could do that which we cant do. His body was glorified.

1 Like

Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Rossikk(m): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
^^Can't you see you're just making this up as you go along? Strangely, you seem to be saying that:

1) Jesus was corruptible at first instance.

2) A later adopted incorruptible body made of flesh and blood permitted him to enter heaven as a physical being.

Is this what you're saying, ie that ''incorruptibility'' is all a physical being needs to enter heaven in its physical state?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by abbeywasc(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
Evil Brain:

funny hw pple say they dont belief in scientific laws wch ar pretty axiomatic yet they utilize those laws daily: the internet, ur phone, cars, tv etc. And dnt u see d stars, the moon and d stars or u thing dem be photoshop? Wel i guess if u belief Christ went up in a physical body, he must hav achieved escape velocity and travel at warp speed out of our solar system{cos none of d other planets is befittin of heaven}
y do pple mix d world of gross matter wt d spiritual realm anyway?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
@topic whats your aim? confusion or reason
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by wiegraf: 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
abbeywasc:

funny hw pple say they dont belief in scientific laws wch ar pretty axiomatic yet they utilize those laws daily: the internet, ur phone, cars, tv etc. And dnt u see d stars, the moon and d stars or u thing dem be photoshop? Wel i guess if u belief Christ went up in a physical body, he must hav achieved escape velocity and travel at warp speed out of our solar system{cos none of d other planets is befittin of heaven}
y do pple mix d world of gross matter wt d spiritual realm anyway?

Erm, your sarcasm detector seems to be faulty
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by abbeywasc(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2012
wiegraf:

Erm, your sarcasm detector seems to be faulty
yea. It SEEMS so. People lyk u ar never sure of anything
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by wiegraf: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2012
abbeywasc:
yea. It SEEMS so. People lyk u ar never sure of anything

It seems you landed on a di1do recently. Or maybe you have some reading comprehension problems?
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by kieryn(f): 1:12am On Aug 08, 2012
Flesh and blood cannot inherit Kingdom of God-Jesus therefore was resurrected in a spiritual body
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by abbeywasc(m): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2012
wiegraf:

It seems you landed on a di1do recently. Or maybe you have some reading comprehension problems?

how did u knw? I've never been able to comprehend dumb-ass bullshit.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by wiegraf: 9:43am On Aug 08, 2012
abbeywasc:

how did u knw? I've never been able to comprehend dumb-ass bullshit.

Sooo, you don't know what sarcasm means? You're a regular genius aren't you? You could try suing your former schools, or whoever dropped you on your head. Else get used to doing manual labor and work on your personality.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by Areaboy2(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2012
kieryn: Flesh and blood cannot inherit Kingdom of God-Jesus therefore was resurrected in a spiritual body
lol.. you guys are cherry-picking your own bible

when we atheist do so you will cry foul!
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by wiegraf: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2012
Area_boy:
lol.. you guys are cherry-picking your own bible

when we atheist do so you will cry foul!

We have a bible? If you're a pastafarian that qualifies as religious, regardless of the fact that your god is made of spaghetti and meatballs.
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2012
Evil Brain:

This is some majestic sarcasm.

+1
Re: How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
A valid question with greater implications on the popular perception/assumptions/claims on the existence and substance of Heaven.

Let us dwell on these Bible verses and validate them with Certainty or invalidate them with further counter-verses (and Faith obviously grin)

JESUS Proves you can go to Heaven with your earthly body

John 20:27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!"

John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Enoch was a strange fella, apparently you can go to heaven without dying and without your physical body
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

From the above we can see that it is possible to get into "Heaven" (1st, 2nd, 3rd) without dying and with/without your earthly body, what gives?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Men Of God Above Criticism? / Boko Haram Is Just Doing What The Quran Tells Them To Do / What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.