Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! (39970 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ACM10: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
swaggerific:

Now how do I establish the direct and indirect links with no information? I have to personally go ask him..."Please Sir, how did you make your money?"...thats B.S, its not that serious.

. . .and you think that u can get the info here on NL? That's silly!
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by duroladapo(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
The guy is rich before the goverment thing, but i heard that he make his fortune during gulf war in early 90s.HOW ? i dont know. MOST RICH MEN IN NIGERIA MAKE THEIR MONEY THROUGH GOVERMENT CONNECTION MEANING (CORRUPTION)
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by webmanlag: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
I think the question arises because we all know how hard it is to be completely clean in Nigeria. People who moonlight as Pastors will probably disagree. However, there is a tried and tested formula which the likes of Rochas subscribe to: steal money by way of Govt. contracts and then 'contest' for public office, where the jamboree goes into a frenzy.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ceaser: 7:00am On Aug 08, 2012
lestat: my brother it is really pathetic and
silly that in this day and age some
really really mentaly handicapped
cretins believe in ritual money?!!!!!!
wadafaq?!!!!!!1
please ebere start athread on this topic namely "the falsehood of rital
money" please there is nothing lik ritual
money!!! those people organs are
sold on the black market for
hardcurrency

bukatyne: and pray tell me, wat do they use the bought organs for?

Lemme help him out: The parts are used in organ transplant surgeries. So he can always get the convicts contact or forwarding addresses just in case himself or someone he knows needs a head transplantation or bre.ast tissue or even pen.ile transplantation. cheesy grin
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ektbear: 7:47am On Aug 08, 2012
Stolen government money, no?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by odumchi: 7:58am On Aug 08, 2012
Ara nwanyi Asaba.

He sucked the breasts of an Asaba woman. Simple.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by webmanlag: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
odumchi: Ara nwanyi Asaba.

He sucked the breasts of an Asaba woman. Simple.

cheesy grin
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by StanleyDivine(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2012
lanre_front:

My guy, what is your problem? Rochas is a public figure; a governor for that matter. Why can't some ask "Where or how did this guy make his money". Or are you his son?

The question might even possibly be borne of admiration and desire to imitate his strategy and not necessarily to castigate him.

Wakey,wakey! Bro stop living in an utopic world. Some dump questions need snappy answers.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Pain(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2012
I remember how a now rich uncle of mine used to hustle and trade in secondhand wears with Rochas years back. I was still very young but I remember Rochas was kind. He even sent me pocket money once when I was still in a "School Called Hell" . It's a fact. I cannot fault his generosity. I still owe him on that gesture.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by badesco(m): 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
i dont care how the guy became rich,but what i care is that the Guy, Rochas Okorocha has distinguished himself by touching so many lives. He is a great man.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by nairamaniac: 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
swaggerific:

My brother, its not laziness that's doing me, its just curiosity. Im sure other people want to know too. People know how most politicians made their money but his case is different. If he invested in the stock market and hit millions or billions of dollars then thats great.
bros, u asked a very good question. Infact iv always also wondered since 2003, when he contested for primaries(presidency). I heard he ws so rich and has been a great giver (philanthropist). But no one around me from dat day till date seems to know the source of such wealth.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Psychedelia(m): 7:34am On Nov 19, 2013
This post was made just a year ago...

Eko Ile: He stole money 1million from the airport when he was the director and he was fired by obj.

But fast forward to the present day, this poster I just quoted, along with his pack of dunces, is the same one drumming support for the same Rochas Okorocha as a Progressive.

To keep shhitt simple, APC, in its entirety, is a party built on hypocrisy, sttupiidity and desperation.

These animals have absolutely no set ideologies, even though they continue to delude themselves. Ever ready to rush after PDP's used and dumped politicians, but still fool themselves with their 'progressives' tag.

Never have I seen a more vile, disgusting, vomit-inducing CIRCLE JERK of political harlottss and revolting vagabonds.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Abagworo(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2015
owobokiri:

Yours make good sense. Why? A lot of people have always said that the ALGON jeep contracts in the early 90s made him, but i know for sure that he was relatively rich before that contract. That means he was into other stuffs earlier.
People also forget that he is a real estate mogul. Rochas has a habit of buying up the choicest plots in places like Abuja, Owerri and Jos. He bought the plot opposite the governors lodge in Owerri before he became the governor. He invested heavily in Abuja when folks were still afraid to leave Lagos. Imagine buying off lands in Asoknro for peanuts and making a killing several years later as the place turns into a highbrow area. He started off as a business man, then did some good contracts for government, then reinvested wisely in real estate and mining and was set for life.
For those saying that Rochas is corrupt, that is FALSE. Talk to his worst critics from his state, they will tell you that though they have issues with his style, dude is not a theif. I dont even want to dignify that nonsense about rituals with a comment. You always hear that from lazy people. . The OPs question is reasonable in as much as it was made with clear intentions.

This about gives out the true source of his wealth. You seem to know the man well.

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2019
Nigerians need to hold their leaders accountable. The reason why you ask questions about your leaders source of wealth is to ascertain if that person is trust worthy enough to be in charge of public funds. If they have a history of looting with no repercussions, they'll likely do it again if given another chance (A lot of people ignore this).

I'ld like to believe Rochas is different and he's a good man but if he is not, I hope EFCC and ICPC does the needful.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2019
I'm not surprised

Psychedelia:
This post was made just a year ago...

But fast forward to the present day, this poster I just quoted, along with his pack of dunces, is the same one drumming support for the same Rochas Okorocha as a Progressive.

To keep shhitt simple, APC, in its entirety, is a party built on hypocrisy, sttupiidity and desperation.

These animals have absolutely no set ideologies, even though they continue to delude themselves. Ever ready to rush after PDP's used and dumped politicians, but still fool themselves with their 'progressives' tag.

Never have I seen a more vile, disgusting, vomit-inducing CIRCLE JERK of political harlottss and revolting vagabonds.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2019
Why should you care?!

badesco:
i dont care how the guy became rich,but what i care is that the Guy, Rochas Okorocha has distinguished himself by touching so many lives. He is a great man.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 10:47am On Jun 23, 2019
Good for you

Pain:
I remember how a now rich uncle of mine used to hustle and trade in secondhand wears with Rochas years back. I was still very young but I remember Rochas was kind. He even sent me pocket money once when I was still in a "School Called Hell" . It's a fact. I cannot fault his generosity. I still owe him on that gesture.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by kingzizzy: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2019
Rochas stated in an interview he granted years ago that he was already into education. I think he was running a small school in Jos when he heard that a major international construction company that had completed a project in Platue state was selling off its assets and relocating abroad. Rochas managed to become the middle man who brokered the deal to between the construction company and local contractors. He bought the assets for peanuts and sold it to local contractors, making a killing.

But where Rochas Made his billions was in real estate. With the money Rochas made from the initial deal, Rochas started buying up lands in choice places in Abuja in.the 1990's when they were cheap. He not only bought lands, he started building quality buildings on them. By the time Abuja came on board, Rochas investments in Abuja was worth billions

Rochas once boasted that he is amongst the 5 biggest owners of property in Abuja and he has lost count how many buildings he owns in Nigeria as a whole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison / Halti Ali-Modu Sheriff's 52nd Birthday Celebration With Her Hubby And Children / Buhari Out To Truncate Democracy - Governor Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.