Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign (22544 Views)

I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff / Tukur Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman / 'Jonathan Should Not Resign' - OPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by omicron(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
I will not resign, Jonathan tells Boko Haram.

President Goodluck Jonathan said the purported condition given by theBoko Haram Sect that he should to convert to Islam and resign from thepresidency as a pre-condition for peace as a blackmail that he is not ready to succumb to.
Special Adviser to the President on Media, Reuben Abati while reacting to the condition given by Boko Haram noted that the president will not resign because he is the custodian of a mandate given to him by christians and muslims alike.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/i-will-not-resign-jonathan-tells-boko-haram/

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by omicron(m): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
Now, I think the dialogue has begun.......discussion continues smiley

5 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
He shouldn't have replied.

55 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Sunofgod(m): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
He shouldn't have even responded to thier cra.p . . .

GEJ - if you have any balls you need to come down hard on these people.

Nigerians wont even mind a little collateral damage (a few dead innocent herdsmen/Fulani's) if you put an end to this sh.it quickly.

No more Mr Retardeen Nice Guy!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Sunofgod(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
omicron: Now, I think the dialougue has begun.......discussion continues smiley

Your spelling leaves a lot to be desired - please spell check the threads title and the post above.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Gboliwe: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
Yes. He should have just ignored them

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by alaoeri: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
With this BH 'll think GEJ gives a damn about them of which he shouldn't have reply making them less irrelevant.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by omicron(m): 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sun of god:

Your spelling leaves a lot to be desired - please spell check the threads title and the post above.

Cheers,
Yea....Thanks!
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Acidosis(m): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
you get time ooo, mr president

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Cat and Mouse

?
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by lanetrips: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
He shd not av suggested a dialogue wit dis islamic sect in d first place.now dey take him for a joke.next thing dey wld say is dey want him to leave d country
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by SisiKill1: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
When they bomb people to bits, he is slow to respond.

When they tell him to resign, he wastes no time replying.

I think it is to safe to say we know whose back the president's "got"

Hint: It ain't you!! lipsrsealed

25 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Pukkah: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
With this ill-advised response, the President has dignified and recognized the leadership and mode of communication of this sinister group called Boko Haram. He can no longer claim not to see their subsequent videos or letters or other forms of communication.

Of course many people were not expecting that Jonathan would resign over the content of that video. It was just a bluff on the part of Boko Haram and the President buckled. A better way to respond to it would have been to locate the source of the video or the location of the group through superior Intelligence and come down very hard on the perpetrators and their backers.

Mr President should expect many more videos, or other forms of Boko Haram communication, in the days ahead.

10 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by koruji(m): 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
Thank you.

ArQueBusieR: He shouldn't have replied.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
IMO, GEJ should not have dignified them with a response.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by SkyBlue1: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
So terribly unfortunate. But this dispensation already seems to be shaping up to be the biggest disappointment of this fourth republic. Riding in on so much good will, with the democratic mandate of the people to effect change, but seemingly incapable of delivering on it. The verdict can only be based on concrete achievements and nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by inspirenet: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
omicron: Now, I think the dialogue has begun.......discussion continues smiley

smiley
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by floriana(m): 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
I think Reuben is on overdrive with the advent of bulldog Doyin Okupe. Did you ever read about Obama replying Bin Laden before taking him out?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by omicron(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
floriana: I think Reuben is on overdrive with the advent of bulldog Doyin Okupe. Did you ever read about Obama replying Bin Laden before taking him out?
point!

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by domiron: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
hahahahaha!!!!!. Resign my foot. Why did they not tell Yar adua to resign. Make we hia word boh!!!!
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Responding is necessary, let me explain. Not long ago, the 19 Governors from the North held a meeting at Abuja, and declared that the North is prepared to take over power come 2015. There was no condemnation of Boko Haram! Then all of a sudden, Boko Haram has changed demand from Islamization of Nigeria to Resignation of President. Is it surprising that the demand of Boko Haram, is now similar to the demand of the 19 Northern Governors ? Your guess is as good as mine.

13 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by PointB: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
Na wa o.
This kind of response I expected is for Mr. President to grab at least 3 boko haram commanders or sponsors under watch, to let the boko bastards know where power lies.

GEJ no fall my hand o

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by adamabdul: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
Why didn't the fg reply does ogoni fooollssss?I think they should have been replied instead of boko rams
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by DICKtator: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
omicron:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/i-will-not-resign-jonathan-tells-boko-haram/

ohhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can this two "love-birds" get a room and stop boring us with their "love-letters"

3 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
Bwahahaha

This shows your President knows who 'speaketh' through BH's mouth - he knows what you sheeple don't know..

Responding to them only shows it's all a chess game - chess not checkers... cool
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by superior1: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Why does he even bother replying Must the FG reply every mundane comments from CPC, ACN, ACF and now BH.
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by SisiKill1: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Responding is necessary, let me explain. Not long ago, the 19 Governors from the North held a meeting at Abuja, and declared that the North is prepared to take over power come 2015. There was no condemnation of Boko Haram! Then all of a sudden, Boko Haram has changed demand from Islamization of Nigeria to Resignation of President. Is it surprising that the demand of Boko Haram, is now similar to the demand of the 19 Northern Governors ? Your guess is as good as mine.

So the Presidency now responds to suppositions instead of facts eh?

Lovely. . .someone shoulda told us we have psychics running the FG.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
Billyonaire: Responding is necessary, let me explain. Not long ago, the 19 Governors from the North held a meeting at Abuja, and declared that the North is prepared to take over power come 2015. There was no condemnation of Boko Haram! Then all of a sudden, Boko Haram has changed demand from Islamization of Nigeria to Resignation of President. Is it surprising that the demand of Boko Haram, is now similar to the demand of the 19 Northern Governors ? Your guess is as good as mine.

^^^^^^^ kai see reason shocked or maybe the dundee paying you needs new distraction, i wonder why BH always appear when der is heat on this govt, now its budget implementation and impeachment and boom! boko haram's got new video out like at the time of subsidy removal and subsidy probe report,SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Biggyd2: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
Now the government can never claim that they are "faceless". They couldn't have responded to a ghost, abi? undecided

3 Likes

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by ifihearam: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
Who is boko haram to tell the president to resign??there is only one indication that these idiots are politically motivated obviously for an hausa man to become a president. Why didn't they ask both GEJ and sambo??
Anyways they have failed and it is a red signal for the the president to act swiftly which I am confident he would before buhari's boys usurp his government.

But oga why you respond na??

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So the Presidency now responds to suppositions instead of facts eh?

Lovely. . .someone shoulda told us we have psychics running the FG.
You call it suppositions, I know different. What is psychic about 2+2 being 4 ?
Re: GEJ To Boko Haram - I Will Not Resign by omowolewa: 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
Tom V. Jerry

Gbam! The battle line is drawn!!

Fastest AK47 will win.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Politicians Buy AK47, Weapons For Herdsmen" - Miyetti Allah / President Buhari To Head Ministry Of Petroleum For 18 Months: Punch / Ken Saro Wiwa Vs Nnamdi Kanu: Sarowiwa Was Intelligent - Gen. Akinrinade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.