Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ (33229 Views)

Teams Trace Their Histories To These Rival / Evander Holyfield Visits Badagry To Trace His Roots / How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 08, 2012

Senegambian.

1 Like

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by tpia5: 6:39am On Aug 08, 2012
she looks mixed in that picture.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by BlackKenichi(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2012
~Royal~:
Michelle Carter

Royals Opinion: Another Ghana Queen!!...The Forehead, The Body 5'9" 225(255 offseason)
tongue

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Michelle+Carter+Olympics+Day+10+Athletics+xjbxjZiowGnl.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAtFocK8PXQ

More like the Congo and Togo. Not Ghana!
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by BlackKenichi(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
Spragga Benz
[img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/33623223/Spragga+Benz.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_eiMJOumQ7a8/SMbs8DTtUgI/AAAAAAAAALE/FTgc0Ieclao/s400/large_6.jpg[/img]
At first I was thinking Igbo/Biafran. Now I'm thinking Senegambian, Akan and Biafran/Igbo

Luciano

I think Yoruba! His face screams Yoruba to me!
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by PhysicsQED(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
I like how everybody is being claimed to be either Senegambian, Akan, Yoruba, or Igbo. grin

1 Like

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by kandiikane(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
PhysicsQED: I like how everybody is being claimed to be either Senegambian, Akan, Yoruba, or Igbo. grin

Lol that's all they know

1 Like

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by kandiikane(m): 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
I don't think big eyes is a dominant gene in west Africans.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by ezeagu(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
PhysicsQED: I like how everybody is being claimed to be either Senegambian, Akan, Yoruba, or Igbo. grin

Those are the most common results nau.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
lol
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2012

This Man, Ghana/Togo Lookin Mouthafoukah

1 Like

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wyclef Jean: Africans i need your help.....Someone Claim this Ugly Mouthafoukahh..What Tribe He from?

I should have named this whole thread something really ignorant like..

"What tribe He From?"

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Wyclef+Jean+2011+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+5+w3I4VUmQ-QBl.jpg[/img]
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Somebody is gonna walk in here and say something stoopid like.."yo he from Haiti, he not from Africa"...

1 Like

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
~Royal~:
Curious to know, what do people think or see when certain Blacks Images are shown.

What is the first Ethnic group or Region that Comes to Mind when analyzing their Features.

So I will Post Various Images of Blacks in the New World.....And Give my opinion on where their blood could possibly be from.

Obviously this is just a random guessing game, no one can be right or wrong..But i just want to see if people see what i see.

First Up... Michael Jordan and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

Royal's Opinion : Michael Jordan Definitely Looks like he's some mixture of Wolof and Mandinka, SeneGambian Region.

Shelly Ann Looks like she has some Akan Blood in her, Facial Features and Body Type are Very Ghana Like.(Maybe an Ashanti Queen?)

this shelly pryce looks like one my neighbor in my my country
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
Yo wyclef is from Haiti, he's not from Africa grin

~Royal~:

This Man, Ghana/Togo Lookin Mouthafoukah

Thank you!

He has that Igbo look to him tho
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sybellah: Spike Lee, well he could be anything
50 make me think of Chamillionaire for some reason, so I think Nigeria
Flava-Southwest Ghana
Snoop: Fula/Akan mix
Kevin Garnett need to take a trip to Senegambia grin
Denzel: Akan/european, cant see anything else
Eddie Murphy make me think coastal CIV but can be any west from the coast
Whitaker: Igbo?
omar epps: very very yoruba like, could pass ghana tho
Will smith: yoruba/fula/niger republic
Mo'Nique: Liberia straight up
Lebron, who the hell knows lool, maybe Angola-Congo
Wayan Brothers-Nigeria
And yes, MJ looks definitely Akan
eddy murphy is Cameroonian lmao like spike lee, west underwoon(something like that) i forgot the others numerous celebreties in the usa are from Cameroon(actual)
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by ezeagu(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Those test only show a small part of ancestry though. Like Forrest Whittaker, although he does look like where he comes from.

It's the same for those of African descent whose ancestry comes out as Irish.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
[quote author=ezeagu]Those test only show a small part of ancestry though. Like Forrest Whittaker, although he does look like where he comes from.

It's the same for those of African descent whose ancestry comes out as Irish.[/quot] yup it's just a way to steal money from those insecure people who really want to know thir roots but its just impossible and most of them are now too mixed ........so the results can't be accurate ....
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: yup it's just a way to steal money from those insecure people who really want to know thir roots but its just impossible and most of them are now too mixed ........so the results can't be accurate ....

grin grin
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
Shelly Ann can Get it, I am so into that Jamo Mami. tongue
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
That nasty Niqqah wyclef and that hairline, nobody wants to claim him i see.

Well he has elongated head...i suspect some Sahel Region Blood

I am glad others saw Floyd Senior as Some Congolese creation.

That man father straight up outa the Congo.

Congo Makes Good Looking People

People in the west always have this stereotype that the Congo makes Ugly People..

Congo makes some of the most Beautiful People in the World

Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by BlackKenichi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
~Royal~:
That nasty Niqqah wyclef and that hairline, nobody wants to claim him i see.

Well he has elongated head...i suspect some Sahel Region Blood

I am glad others saw Floyd Senior as Some Congolese creation.

That man father straight up outa the Congo.

Congo Makes Good Looking People

People in the west always have this stereotype that the Congo makes Ugly People..

Congo makes some of the most Beautiful People in the World

I wouldn't say ugly. The problem is that the Congo is quite extreme in terms of looks. They tend to be either really good looking or really ugly. Very rarely are they average looking. Btw Floyd Mayweather jr looks Angolan.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by BlackKenichi(m): 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
~Royal~:
Wyclef Jean: Africans i need your help.....Someone Claim this Ugly Mouthafoukahh..What Tribe He from?

I should have named this whole thread something really ignorant like..

"What tribe He From?"

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Wyclef+Jean+2011+Winter+TCA+Tour+Day+5+w3I4VUmQ-QBl.jpg[/img]
Also elongated heads are quite common among West Africans! It's not just a West African Sahelian thing, it's also West Sudanian Savvanah phenotype.
I'll say Wyclef looks like he comes from the Whirlwind Coast and Yoruba.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 09, 2012
Black Kenichi: I wouldn't say ugly. The problem is that the Congo is quite extreme in terms of looks. They tend to be either really good looking or really ugly. Very rarely are they average looking. Btw Floyd Mayweather jr looks Angolan.

lol
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 09, 2012
lol@wyclef Yoruba...

Yoruba women are gonna resent that. lol

If they ain't want to claim the gorgeous Remy Ma, they definitly will hate claiming rights to that ugly az dude
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by ezeagu(m): 12:16am On Aug 09, 2012
Black Kenichi:
Also elongated heads are quite common among West Africans! It's not just a West African Sahelian thing, it's also West Sudanian Savvanah phenotype.

I thought it was 'Windward'. Anyway, yeah, he looks Fon (Benin) which is the most common ancestry of Haitians.
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 09, 2012
Wyclef has windward and gold coast look. Elongated skull is everywhere in africa, even with congolese and angolan. I don't know where the stereotype of round face congolese comes from, but many congolese don't fit in this. See the likes of Koffi Olomide, Sassou Nguesso, Fally Ipupa......
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by kandiikane(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2012
Black Kenichi:

I agree elongated heads are common in CERTAIN west africans. Almost all the men in my family have that type of head. But not the upward elongated heads, like wyclef's that's common in eastern africans. I'm talking about the elongated heads from back to front. Wyclefs head is more common in east africans/certain southerners
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by kandiikane(m): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2012
Bot8: GH

*dies*

Lmaooooooooooooooooo!!!

WTF! Is that creature? Half gay? Lmaoooo!
Re: ~~~~Blacks Of The New World~Trace Their Blood~~~~ by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics / White Woman Speaks Urhobo Language Fluently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.