Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms (3393 Views)

Policemen In Ekiti To Arrest 11 Lawmakers / Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Dear PMB, Please Redeploy Mrs Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by asha80(m): 12:27am On Aug 06, 2012
Ekiti to redeploy LG workers in farms
August 6, 2012 by Femi Makinde Leave a Comment
Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi

Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi
| credits:

Ekiti State Government plans to post “underutilised” local government workers to farms.

Governor Kayode Fayemi said this during the monthly Media Chat on Saturday.

He also said some council workers had been discovered to be drawing salaries from two to three places, adding that biometric registration of staff was aimed at stopping the fraud.

Fayemi said, “We want to nip in the bud things that negatively affect genuine council workers. Some people believe that they just have to collect salaries from the local government without doing anything.

“Yes, we are doing the audit in the interest of Ekiti people. We need to know the legitimate local government staff and if we find you to be fake, we will ask you in your own interest to leave the system.

“I have been to an office in the local government where I found 30 people doing what two people can do. There are other places we can put them because I have asked local government chairmen to cultivate 1,000 hectares of land each.

“It is not about retrenchment, the agenda is not to retrench anybody but to make them more useful and contribute meaningfully to the system.”

On the demand of the state judiciary workers for the implementation of special salary scale, Fayemi pleaded for understanding, saying the state was experiencing shortfall of allocation from the federation account.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-to-redeploy-lg-workers-in-farms/
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by PaulJohn1: 1:36am On Aug 06, 2012
Good move. At least Ekiti is making moves that'll generate internal revenue cool other than waiting for federal allocation @ the end of the month.
Thumb up, my guy Fayemi cool
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by Afam4eva(m): 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
lol grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by Fhemmmy: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is a good development and applauds it . . . instead of getting rid of them, he is making use of them and becoming a win-win for the govt and the employees.
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by klear(f): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
LOlz grin I love dis Gov jare! Sit back & watch as the num of ghost workers plummet. They should enter d farm & be more useful...L.G workers can be very lazy cos most of d time, there is actually nothing for them to do.
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by Fhemmmy: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
klear: LOlz grin I love dis Gov jare! Sit back & watch as the num of ghost workers plummet. They should enter d farm & be more useful...L.G workers can be very lazy cos most of d time, there is actually nothing for them to do.

Cos most of the local govt just sit and wait for allocations from the state
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by skullbaba: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
civil service is a place of ineptness and idleness. I would even support it that he should send everybody to farm including the local government chairman as supervisor. Then employ new bloods as agricultural scientist with thier lecturers as consultant with that their will be food boost. All current worker in all sector are lazy and outdated. Bring in young and energetic student that are hungry for work

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by asha80(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
are the civil servants farmers?what if one has not farmed before?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by damoobaba: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Right step jare,local govt workers are d laziest set of workers i've ever knownn.majority of them jst go to work to sign attendance register while some only go wen its salary time.To b candid I don't think we even nd LGAs in dis country,what do they do apart frm sharing money frm Abuja @d end of evry month.I think they should only exist if they can generate enough money to pay their workers,undertake LG projects &also save.nay to parasitism and irresponsibility.
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
asha 80: are the civil servants farmers?what if one has not farmed before?

No they are not, but there are so much to be done on the farm than just farming . . . what would it take to carry the seed or counts the tuber of yams?
You dont think it is better for them to be redeployed than to get rid of them, cos if they are not useful in the office, they MIGHT have been fired?
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by kingparagon1: 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Paul John: Good move. At least Ekiti is making moves that'll generate internal revenue cool other than waiting for federal allocation @ the end of the month.
Thumb up, my guy Fayemi cool
fayemi is fake! What is federalism if he successfully pocketed d LG. LG is d 3rd tier of govt dat receive allocation direct frm d federation accounts also wit states. Since fayemi came 2 power in 15th oct. 2010, he has diverted d 16LGs allocations 2 pay where he borrowed from during d legal tussles with d PDP. He practically pay LG staffs by himself, as he siezed d allocations from d federal. Dis financial control thing was initiated in2 d contitution by abubakar regime in 1999 2 control corruption in LGs in nigeria bt is now a case of keeping fish with a cat so dat d child will not mess it! In april, 2012, as other states where announcing salary increase 2 meet d needs of her citizery; he, Fayemi, announced #19,300 across board(borrowing his words), till date, LG staffs are paid #13000. We are aware dat LG allocations have increase with d removal of oil subsidy in Jan. Again, he said he is conducting biometic in d 16LGs. Yes, dats good but while is it dat dis screening dat was started since Jan have not be concluded till date. A week was schedule 2 conduct it in each LGs; ie, 16weeks for d whole 16LGs in ekiti state. Hw many years will it take? In as much as i detest laziness and ghost-workers in d LGs, he intentionally stopped d exercise so dat he will not pay d new salary scale. Last week monday, d workers' union gave him 2weeks to commence d payment of d new salary, now, fayemi said he will deploy them to d farm. Remember : 2years you were addressed as mr fayemi but 2day His excellency, after 2years what? Civil service is gabagge in gabagge out! D whole LG service is a failure we know but it should be address from d federal not you, you dont have d power. Soldier go soldier come, barrack remain. Is this d people welfare package you promise in 2007 dat make ekiti people 2 stand by you throughout d trial? You are now power drunk behaving like a MILAD.Farms is good in d LGs and am aware dat all d 16LGs has existing farmlands, so you want to take bsc, masters to d farms? Thank God you are not d president, you would have be worst than GEJ. In past 2 years, your administration have not commission a single project. You are busy fighting either teachers or LG staffs, little wonder, he has not conducted election in d LGs. Fayemi, Behave mature for once and go to REP.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by gbadexy(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Veeerry funny thread.
The governor wan find job giv dem as they seem to be idle.
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
asha 80: are the civil servants farmers?what if one has not farmed before?

They would learn. farming isnt rocket science.

Most people they employ to banks have never been bankers before but they learnt
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by Demrich(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2012
I understand must pple contributn 2 this thread ar nt civil servants neither do they ve families in d LG service. I supposed nobody wil lik bn idle rather it is d govt that has ridiculed the system thru corrupt tendencies. If nt,y cant the local govt b independent 4rm d state. Its because the governor 2 is idle. Local govt fund is in his pocket. There is a system failure hence pple dont reason either.
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by mylunch: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
It should be adopted by all states,if you like to work at the local government,be ready to first report to the farm every morning from 8am to 2pm then go back and finish up at the office,this includes the chairman.This my position.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by Fhemmmy: 2:00am On Aug 07, 2012
mylunch: It should be adopted by all states,if you like to work at the local government,be ready to first report to the farm every morning from 8am to 2pm then go back and finish up at the office,this includes the chairman.This my position.

Why you come wicked so? Lol
Re: Ekiti To Redeploy LG Workers In Farms by NovusHomo(m): 4:46am On Aug 07, 2012
Redploy 'IN' farms or, 'TO' farms? Just wondering.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is A Cia Covertoperation – Wikileaks. Read Patiently / I Changed My Mind- GEJ Till 2019 / Jonathan Campaign To Near Empty Stadium In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.