Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? (6994 Views)

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? / Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by skysunny(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2007
Does love and money work hand in hand because ma girl told me that she can't be with me if i've got no money. Please I really need your replies to know what to do with her.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Sirop(f): 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2007
The thing with money is that your less stressful and able to show love if all the bills in the home are paid for and there is food in my tummy all the time. But if I'm hungry the kids are crying cause they are hungry, i the wife have to hear them cry all day that they are hungry while your at some low paying job coming home with nothing. How can you seriously think I will be happy. So, in some way the money does work hand in hand with love.

1 Like

Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by moondust(m): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2007
go get urself a job, bro, cos, no finance no romance
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Busta(f): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ topic,

yes it does.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by AKMoor(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2007
moondust:

go get yourself a job, bro, because, no finance no romance
[/qu e] That was an apt reply to the thread.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by odiaseo(m): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2007
What makes a man a man? Before you consider marrying you should be able to provide and cater for the woman. No woman wants to suffer and should be allowed to suffer. A woman can marry a man who at present isn't wealthy but the man must have potentials and concrete plans for the future. Only an unwise woman would marry by faith alone and solely because of love.

You can find out 7 things I understood better 12 months into marriage here
http://www.peleodiase.com/blog/7-things-i-understood-better-12-months-into-marriage
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by yimiton(f): 10:58am On Dec 18, 2007
Love is sweet but money makes it sweeter.

It helps you show to each other that you really care by getting little presents now and again and going to the coolest places together.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by koolsasy(f): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2007
my dear,money and love dont necesarily hv to go together,but wen marriage con join d love,then love and money do go toghether,

moondust:

go get yourself a job, bro, because, no finance no romance

@moondust, lol, so true grin grin
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by efuah(f): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2007
hmm yimi, sweet sweeter sweetest tongue. . . so what makes it sweetest tongue jst kidding

@topic, kind of.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by saucekid(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2007
efuah:

hmm yimi, sweet sweeter sweetest tongue. . . so what makes it sweetest tongue jst kidding

@topic, kind of.

*a fat bank account,posh collection of cars,nice houses and landed properties should i continue the list?? grin grin grin*
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by zignor(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2007
Dude, Get real . . . can you hear all the ladies here? grin
Anyway,there is nothing you can do except get loaded with CASH . . .I mean, RAW CASH grin

No money . . .No Darling, . .No honey tongue tongue tongue

lmao grin grin grin

zignor is cool cool cool cool
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by saucekid(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2007
zignorr my man. . . . . .

no one couldnt have said it better. . . . .RAW COLD SMAKAROO is the answer
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2007
pepper no rest, babe no rest grin
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by kaymode(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2007
Bobs,
It shouldn't be all bout money.But which Guy won't wanna give his babe d finest things.
An old woman once told me "Money is the Oil(not fuel) for the engine of love"
without money the love go knock.
Gba!
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by eudio(f): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2007
A man should be able to provide the basic things like food, shelter and clothing for his family.

if a man cannot provide these things, then he is not ready.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by wedeoh(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2007
she grind for the bill kill for the bill ,where my money at?
some how i agree with the ladies in this forum (love is sweet but sweeter when there's money,no finance no romance ) but my guy think am self though love no go too make sense when u cant fund most of ur bills, plz see reason with us and also work and pray hard to have a financial brake-through b4 the end of the year be blessed.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by oziomatv(m): 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2007
Men should stop deceiving themselves,
if she said no money no love or marriage, go hustle get yourself settled then you can add marriage problem to it in which you can solve it with money. ROMEO & JULIET IS ALL STORY NEVER HAPPENS.
 LOVE DOES NOT EXIST it's the truth no one likes to tell.
    marriage is a problem one add to life, so when you add marriage to a low income house devil will be your neighbour your bedroom will be hell fire then tombo joint will be your heaven.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by blueband(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2007
If she has no intention of contributing to the cash pot and she is waiting for you to foot all the bills,I can assure you even when you become a billionaire she will still be saying the same thing.Leave her for a career oriented woman.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by 2old4that(m): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
@topic
Yeah right! It does indeed!
Hence why those in position to steal money will certainly steal just to have a successful love life. hmm

Suffice to say that love shouldnt be seen as a give and take thing; it suppose to be give-give situation when both partners contribute than always expecting from one side.

Money shouldnt be used as a yardstick to success in marriages/relationships but rather, if one has a promising future ahead, it could also count. That is why it is very good to know one intoto before jumping into relationships or marriage cuz the majority dont bother what the other does to get money.  There's more to love than money.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Tawak: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2007
go mak money if dat's d only way u can v her
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by software(m): 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2007
normally, it shouldnt, but wit the present situations it DOES.

infact, some girls would tell u that, when there is MONEY, LOVE WOULD GROW.

MONEY now drives LOVE
God help us.

Choose wisely wink
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by oziomatv(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2007
I hate men crying because of love, women and relationship.
what should have being bordering you is HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF RICH not LOVE and PASSION in WOMEN.
In europe women dump men because of their low financial income not only naija babes, whitegirls are easy if your financialy ok without that you will masturbate till you die.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by zignor(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2007
whitegirls are easy if your financialy ok without that you will masturbate till you die.

Really? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by pmdaboh(f): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2007
@odiaseo

Well said! Why would any woman marry a man that does not have a good job and does not have potential for earning a good living. What woman wants to suffer. Money is very important to any relationship, for you cannot pay the rent or mortgage on "love"--it takes physical "cash" to do that.

Men look for certain qualities when he is seeking a wife. Does he look for a street woman, one who has been with every man on the block (of course not)! Do women look for every broke man, one who has no potential of earning one Naira (of course not)!
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by saucekid(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2007
from the way it is love and money now walk leg in leg and car is also in the picture grin grin grin
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by adeboo(f): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2007
Love and money does obviously go hand in hand.
Love is the ultimate but having money just allows it flow better.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by bigboy2006: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2007
bros cool down no ruch ur self at all even if u get money if God say she go love u she go love u but say no money no love that one na lie becos in the holy quran and bible even the osho and iya aje said if men want to marry they should look 4 pretty lady that have money.so bros just pray that God should provide ur own wife 4 u ok.so bros ma gedi lo ko si whahala.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by uche7869: 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2007
[b]I don't often contirbute to this kind of posts but I am moved to do so because this has happened to me too, I am a realist and I agree that money makes the world go round, I for one would love to spend xmas at obudu,or at silverbird with my wife or girl, But I do not suscribe to a girl basing everyhting on money, If a girl cannot love u for who u are when you don't have money,No matter how much money you make later,she will never really love you, Yes money is important fine, ,but it should not be the primary considertaion unless the girl is materialistic, Any coorect sharp guy these days knows that money makes things happen and any such guy willa always do his best to make enof bread to do the things money should do, ,but a girl that marries you because u have doh, will not stand by you when the storms of life begin to billow,

For example,I graduate from the university, and finish my NYSC and then between my post NYSC and getting a Job,My girl tells me that she can't be with me any more because i trek round the streets of lagos trying to hook myself up with a job, ,there is no reason on earth for my own future good why i should have anything to do with such a girl, Cos she shuld have stood by me and known that as a guy that has a future and serious minded the job must come, Then when the job comes she wants to come back, ?

come on ladies give us a break, all the men with d doh now .most of them had their moments of passing through d fire, if u can't be with a man that does not have money, or be with ur man when he is still struggling,well good for you but bear in mind say levels must one day change for that guy,unless he does not have God's favour and is not hard working,  don't come back to him then,
[/b]
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
all this goes to show is that at the end of the day, feminism is so much bullshit.

'modern' women yak all day about equality and taking no ish, etc, but in the end, it seems they all want the same things theyir mothers did - a man who is the sole provider( so they can use their money to buy . . .women's stuff)
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by realcele: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2007
I like your girl bo, she is fighting for her right, help yourself, she is said her mind.
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by okdaniel(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2007
Interesting;

Are there girls who want to be hand picked like some sort of material in the show glass by someone who is willing to pay for it .

Love the four letter word , that affects the entire world?
Is Love really a gift?Do the guys wants to give love as a gift even if it is not earned ?

Then, is there really a price for mutual deep seated love.

Really, have you wondered that we are to love everyone , yet not everyone deserves this deep love required in marriage , then how truely do we seperate, and pick out this wonderful lady that will earn this love because she deserves it.

I think life does justice to that, just simply be attentive to lifes instruction no matter how dear this lady is to you.The truth is life will test if she deserves you.

Look you ladies lets come to think of it , what does it mean to have money?

Check the money with the attitude.

If someone possess alot of money but have an attitude you can not cope with or even an attitude that will lead to penury , then what is the use of the money.
A persons attitude does alot to money.
One with a wealthy attitude can make alot of value, impact given just few thousands of naira, while one with a very poor attitude can easily crumble an estate worth Millions of naira.

Advise to the ladies :

1.Take time with your guy and study his attitude then paint out a future, if u can live fine with that picture then go ahead with him. If not back out.

2. Why would ladies complain about their husbands beating them , even husbands who never beat their younger ones, if u meet the guy without any true test of love and you gte married, he can easily assume alot of things after marriage. Marriage will not always be roses, he can assume u married him for his wealth, if you can bear it to have him say to his friends in your presence that you married him for wealth, then you can keep the attitude of money before love.

3.I want you to ask yourself, what is your role to finding true , trust worthy love. Remember, there is no trust without test.

4. Do you have sisters in their 40's who have issues with marriage; have kids for more than one man, married to a poor man yet withou love.Married the least person they would ever consider when the were 25yrs old.What attitude do they have years back, similar? (-Money before love) Note: Life will not always give you what you wish, be wise and fight your course.

You guys have a wonderful time searching out your princess, in my opinion African ladies this have alot to learn from their grand mothers, even mothers today are not helping the matter. My friend once asked, if he could find the kind of love that binds his parents together. He said todays ladies are not patient.

She leave a guy who is poor today and would be rich later, to one who is rich today and might be poor later.

Guys you can find some useful tips in the link below " Ten Top Tips To Keep your Lady"

http://wisdomseries.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0
Re: Does Love And Money Work Hand In Hand? by denony(m): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2007
Yes money is good in every relationship, But it can be a distraction also, some babes if there is money they will pretend to luv you but when you are out of cash they behave stupidly.

Money is good, your babe need to be having a taste of it, but girl when you realise at a moment that there is no money you try and understand that everyday is not BAZAAR grin

Theere are babes who are money mongers, no money, no honey i love youuuuuuuuuuu lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trending ..#teamopenletter. Name Just One Person U Have A Deep Crush On..or Love / A Night Of Attempt-lust,seduction. / Checkout Unclad/nude Photos From Tonto Dikeh's Plastic Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.