Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,412 members, 7,800,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Mother Attempted To ‘share’ Son With Dad In Kano - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mother Attempted To ‘share’ Son With Dad In Kano (776 Views)

Man Dies After His Wedding In Kano State / Father Kills Cripple Son With Poison / My Dad's 50th Birthday: , What Gift Can I Buy For Him: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother Attempted To ‘share’ Son With Dad In Kano by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
An 11-old-year boy, Kelvin Thomas, who escaped death two weeks ago in Kano State after his biological mother had attempted to cut him in two, using a knife in order to share the remains with his father, has narrated to Weekly Trust how the incident happened. Thomas’ mother, Miss Joy Akule, 28, was paraded last week by the Kano State police command for ripping her son’s stomach with a knife and exposing his intestines at Sabuwar Abuja in Panshekara area of Kano. The incident was allegedly caused by dispute with the boy’s father over his custody.

The boy, who spoke to our correspondent hours after leaving the hospital, recalled that he was asleep on July 21, 2012, when his mother who had come for a visit attempted to kill him. The young boy, who is primary four, explained that: “I was sleeping when someone held my neck to prevent me from crying and I then stabbed with a sharp knife on my ribs.”

According to the victim, the first attempt to disembowel him did not succeed because the knife hit his bone. “She lifted the knife for the second time and aimed it directly at my stomach, stabbing me seriously,” he said.

Thomas said despite his mother’s effort to stop him from screaming, which gave him scars on the neck, he managed to cry out loudly for help, saying in Hausa, “My mother will kill me, if you didn’t help me.” He further recalled that soon after the second attack, he became weak and his mother fled the room.

The boy’s father, Mr. Thomas Kationa who said he was in a different apartment when the incident occurred, disclosed that Miss Joy escaped the house thinking that she had killed the boy.

“When our neighbours rushed into the room, they asked what happened but the boy could not speak, he only managed to show them the door through which she escaped,” he said. “I later dashed into the room, only to see that his intestines were out,” Mr. Kationa added.
http://www.nigerianewsvilla.com/mother-attempted-to-kill-son-in-kano/
Re: Mother Attempted To ‘share’ Son With Dad In Kano by honeric01(m): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
sad sad saduhmmm insanity oh..

(1) (Reply)

Event Deco, Make-up, Wirework, Ankara Accessories Training For N7,500/ Course / Are You Having An Event Soon, Then This Is For You / Event Management/ Smallchops/cocktail Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.