Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State (51095 Views)

Recent Journeys Between Lagos And Osogbo, Osun State / Serious Fire Outbreak @ Atakumosa Market In Ilesa Osun State / Oshogbo Is Middle Belt. Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
Their major business is hotel services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Elnuk34(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
Dejohnbull: Guy take a visit to (chrisdera hotel Omoku), Obrikom gas turbine, Ebocha Agipgasplant, Uguta oil lake, sabmiller brew Onitsha, & see the value of tour.
Can anybody be of help, i intend to go and spend one weekend in Onitsha, any hotel you can recommend? Please it should be free of kidnappers and armed robbers.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by lekzy01(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
WebSurfer™:
Doesn't look like the Osun state I was 4 days ago, went on a Tour, Was in Ondo,(Idanre Hill, In ekiti and Lastly Osun, went to the waterfalls, Climbed the Hill, went as far as the Third stage, and further) got pictures of all

Angle 90?...u mean that ashewo for igbono?u are moving out of ur boundary.. grin
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by lekzy01(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2012
WebSurfer™:
Doesn't look like the Osun state I was 4 days ago, went on a Tour, Was in Ondo,(Idanre Hill, In ekiti and Lastly Osun, went to the waterfalls, Climbed the Hill, went as far as the Third stage, and further) got pictures of all

Angle 90?...u mean that ashewo place for igbono?u are moving out of ur boundary.. grin
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by sdbaba: 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2012
cool cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Akanbiedu(m): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2012
Elnuk34:
Can anybody be of help, i intend to go and spend one weekend in Onitsha, any hotel you can recommend? Please it should be free of kidnappers and armed robbers.

This thread is about Osun state. Kindly open another thread if you need to ask about any other thing. If you do this again, you will be banned.

Thanks for your cooperation.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2012
alaoeri: And they say osogbo is creek, so fine place even they there.

Don't be fooled by Nairalanders comments, and don't believe everything they say wink

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by samfibby(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2012
Been to this city twice, quite clean and peaceful. And the people are just 2 friendly and welcoming, a prefrence to ibadan in so many ways. Pls, keep it up.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

This thread is about Osun state. Kindly open another thread if you need to ask about any other thing. If you do this again, you will be banned.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Abi now undecided
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by mkoabiola: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osun state,alwys proud of d beautiful state.
Dere is regular power supply,no dou bt
Iwo omo olodo oba ,omo ateni gba ola,omo ateni gbore
OSUN a gbe wa oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
Go to: www.osundefender.org for news/events happening in Osun state. My 2cents grin
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Isusman: 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Seriously am thrilled by this pics, i served in Community high school Otaefun, Osogbo but never heard the opportunity to take any picture of the City. I missed my house at Kolabalogun, Olorunda.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Isusman: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osun Omoluabi

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Havilah93(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Paul John: Their major business is hotel services
yes....hotels dem yapa here o.
Leisure springs, royalsprings holiday inn, hotel de charity, hotel de celebrity, hotel de comfort, hotel de royality, sazo, mankuns hotel, brymor hotel, ripples hotel.......and countless motels, and as already mentioned, the electricity situation here is okay

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2012
The city is notorious with selling plaintain chips, bush meat, pure water, fruits and ewedu soup. Their gals are not usually clean, I mean dirty bras-s. No five star hotels.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by graluxxy054(f): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
Wats special about these pictures? I thought I'd see beautifull houses and hotels. All I can see is roads that's just the same as the one that's in front of our house.
Pls u guyz should show me somthing that wud make me wanna com visit
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by kuntama: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
I agree. This place is a dung heap. Lol
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by tubolancer(m): 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osun state is very calm and peaceful and the crime level is very low, the people are humble and friendly and they value their culture. I am not from there but l know the place.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
samfibby: Been to this city twice, quite clean and peaceful. And the people are just 2 friendly and welcoming, a prefrence to ibadan in so many ways. Pls, keep it up.

Please don't compare Oshogbo to Ibadan any time. Ibadan might be bigger and more industrious, but she's too dirty and rough. I'm always discouraged anytime I'm going to Oshogbo from Lagos
But I think this their present governor is doing better, let's wait and see how it's going to be in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by wengerjay(m): 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2012
The hand of Esau,the voice of Jacob!I hp this is not a paid advert.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by SamAfrik(m): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osun wey no dey pay student bursary wo ni, I quickly run go Ogun back then.
Anyway I'm stil proud of d state, filled with intelligent pple, highly cultural & humble.
Stil remains d most priced Int'l tourist state Nigeria has got (if d govt is serious)

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
graluxxy054: Wats special about these pictures? I thought I'd see beautifull houses and hotels. All I can see is roads that's just the same as the one that's in front of our house.
Pls u guyz should show me somthing that wud make me wanna com visit

I'll try better next time. Most of them were taken from inside a vehicle. wink

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nairastake: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
THE GOOD
Yea. Osogbo is a peaceful city, no doubt.
The improvement in the power sector had little or no impact here cuz there has always been upto 18hrs a day power supply. Infact, people dnt shout UP NEPA! here unlike other places I've been to. They're use to short period light out.
The roads are good even inside remote villages.
The transportation fare here is very cheap. Imagine bike will take u same place a bus will take u wit 50bucks for the same price. If its in Enugu, for same distance, bus will be 70/80bucks while the bike price won't be less than 150bucks
THE BAD AND THE UGLY
If you want to make real cash as a graduate, 4get Osogbo unless u go for bank job.
In housing, My village has more beautiful structures than Osogbo. Yes! We have mud houses here in the capital city with loads of ancient buildings.
Even in the capital city, most of'em dnt understand English, even teachers. Imagine a yoruba corper in my school was asked to teach the students English language with yoruba. Too bad.
The road needs expansion. Esp Kola balogun, Igbono, Oja oba, Isare aro, Station road and their likes.
When people talk abt hotel in Osogbo it amazes me. Go to Enugu state or Imo state then u will knw what it means with a state having big and numerous hotels.
Some peopke are talkin abt ACN, what has Aregbe done? Is it the O'yes that he pays 10k every mnth for sweeping the roads, teaching, and other things? He killed the Education sector with his no money to school order. No PTA, No WAEC fees, no extra moral lessons. Thus the teachers leaves teaching for o'yes and corpers. The students are so dumb! Imagine 38 students failed out of 85, with 22 promoted on trial.
Osogbo or Osun is really far beyound development, imagine almighty DIAMOND & GTBANK has only but one one branch in gbongan road here in Osogbo.
Though peaceful, but am always prayin while in bank cuz bank robbery is a norm here with sporadic shooting.
I can go on and on but let me stop here.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by shadrach77: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
this is part of the reason why Nigeria will never progress. We celebrate mediocrity. Someone has taken pictures of average areas in the state which he feels are good enough for the camera and then post them and here you are hailing. The choice of places to photograph was obviously selective. Even at that the pictures do not show that Oshogbo is developed enough, contrary to what he is trying to portray smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
Osun for life! Carry go!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by deols(f): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nairastake: THE GOOD
Yea. Osogbo is a peaceful city, no doubt.
The improvement in the power sector had little or no impact here cuz there has always been upto 18hrs a day power supply. Infact, people dnt shout UP NEPA! here unlike other places I've been to. They're use to short period light out.
The roads are good even inside remote villages.
The transportation fare here is very cheap. Imagine bike will take u same place a bus will take u wit 50bucks for the same price. If its in Enugu, for same distance, bus will be 70/80bucks while the bike price won't be less than 150bucks
THE BAD AND THE UGLY
If you want to make real cash as a graduate, 4get Osogbo unless u go for bank job.
In housing, My village has more beautiful structures than Osogbo. Yes! We have mud houses here in the capital city with loads of ancient buildings.
Even in the capital city, most of'em dnt understand English, even teachers. Imagine a yoruba corper in my school was asked to teach the students English language with yoruba. Too bad.
The road needs expansion. Esp Kola balogun, Igbono, Oja oba, Isare aro, Station road and their likes.
When people talk abt hotel in Osogbo it amazes me. Go to Enugu state or Imo state then u will knw what it means with a state having big and numerous hotels.
Some peopke are talkin abt ACN, what has Aregbe done? Is it the O'yes that he pays 10k every mnth for sweeping the roads, teaching, and other things? He killed the Education sector with his no money to school order. No PTA, No WAEC fees, no extra moral lessons. Thus the teachers leaves teaching for o'yes and corpers. The students are so dumb! Imagine 38 students failed out of 85, with 22 promoted on trial.
Osogbo or Osun is really far beyound development, imagine almighty DIAMOND & GTBANK has only but one one branch in gbongan road here in Osogbo.
Though peaceful, but am always prayin while in bank cuz bank robbery is a norm here with sporadic shooting.
I can go on and on but let me stop here.

Is the bold an ACN thing? I heard Ajimobi was doing the same in Ibadan. They find reasons(maybe genuine) to sack existing and therefore more experienced teachers and then replace them with the O'yes people. the effect of that is baffling.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
@Nairastake
You're correct about some of the things you highlighted.
You're comparing Oshogbo to some other cities in Nigeria, isn't that unfair? The state was cropped out of Oyo 1991. And I'll tell you that states created that same year or after are not many that beat Osun, not talking of oil producing states. So please spare the state.

I know most of you guys that blame Aregbe and criticizes most of his moves, isn't it because he didn't give people space to chop money any how? cheesy my bro get used to him. I'm sure you're one of those peeps who praises the former guy(Oyinlola), because he spends lavishly grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by manchy7531: 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
Paul John: Moving closer to Oshogbo, all the way from LAG undecided

The first and second pictures is a federal road and the main enterance to oshogbo from ibadan

the third and fourth pictures are the state secretariat
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by olabiz2010: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
Anytime am in Osogbo, i always find it very difficult to leave on time, i'm proud to be an indigene of Osun State. We used to go four days without power failure. I so much love my state

Osun a gbe wa º°˚

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Remii(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
you no see my secondary school to take pictures? Fakunle Comprehensive High School, Osogbo
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by biolabee(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
nice one .. websurfer put a thread with ur itinerary and pixes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / UK Home Office Responds To IELTS Removal Petition, See! / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.