Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State (51082 Views)

Recent Journeys Between Lagos And Osogbo, Osun State / Serious Fire Outbreak @ Atakumosa Market In Ilesa Osun State / Oshogbo Is Middle Belt. Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by PaulJohn1: 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
luq4u: In the next few years after the completion of the on going project, ipinleomoluabi ll become new haven
Exactly.
Can't wait for the completion of:
Oshogbo-Kwara road
Trade fare
Dagbolu international market
Rail station
And so on...
Osun A dara cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by TheDefender: 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ilorin Kwara state capital is also clean and comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:01am On Sep 02, 2012
Without sentiments, Osun State of today is not doing badly as people of great hope for development are loving what they are seeing. I was born in Ile-Ife and I enjoyed my stay there before the 1996-2000 crisis. Ilesha is a nice town with some manufacturing companies in the 80's and early 90's. Osogbo of today in particular and Osun in general is better than what it used to be during PDP time. Don't mind the corper who mentioned that the current govt is sacking experienced teachers, though there is mass retirement this 2012 but due to the fact that the retiring workers are trying to avoid the new pension scheme which is to start by Jan, 2013. The former PDP govt was selling civil service slot but that has stopped now. Its true that some teachers can't communicate in good English, but the current teachers were those that bought their ways through. Public pry sch students are now being fed during break time in Osun. Yesn u may find mothers who are under 20, they are not as good in abortion as in ur place

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by porka: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2012
sambos994: This is exactly why PDP must go.

What does this mean?

Regular power supply in Oshogbo dates decades.

Oshogbo has always been peaceful and serene.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by vislabraye(m): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2012
Where are the tourist attraction?
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:14am On Sep 02, 2012
What I notice as a resident of Osogbo is that the current govt started road works later that what people expected but it may not be unconnected with serious planing. But earth wprks on roads have started across the state. Health is wealth they say, Osun may not be as clean as Calabar today but we are getting closer. The state is no more for sharing public funds, even though the current govt may but be saint afterall but u can't compare Walahi with God

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2012
Aregbe is very sensitive to the needs of the public. Thank God for the wisdom of dredging the streams, thank God that he is doing concessionary projects instead of funding them with state money,b which means if the contractor fails to perform there won't be payment afterall, unlike our formal friend who. gave all the job to a single person( I won't mention his name so that pple won't think is bad omen) but one thing is that we will want oir gov to inject more home base into his cabinet

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Dejohnbull: 12:59am On Sep 02, 2012
Fool oshogbo state ko oshokodo dance state nii.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Dejohnbull: 1:09am On Sep 02, 2012
(Phcn & turbine) only work in Afam, Omoku, & kainji dam, new bassa, is barht nnaji frm Osun state?.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by fulfillment2020(m): 2:19am On Sep 02, 2012
This OP must be jokin, where are the brown-zinc houses? I can't see anytin beautiful n attractive here abeg, the OP kept on taking shot of one particular spot from different angle. Most building in the pics are govt erected structures, OP we need to see streets, market places, motor parks, posh places and ghettos. OP go back and view what spyder88 posted on Enugu thread.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by dasparrow: 4:22am On Sep 02, 2012
@Post

Nice thread! I miss Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by IleIfe2(m): 5:42am On Sep 02, 2012
Thumbs Up.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by kaze4blues(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2012
lightheart: Osogbo,
D land I served my fadaland,
D land of 'koropes'
D land where I got a taste
of constant electricity in 9ja
D land of plenty hotels
Cool and fun-loving people....

I really enjoyed my stay there, d hotels and hang-outs try
Ripples, Abegi, Royal Spring, Angle90.... Dem yakpa. I miss dat town
laffin in igbo @ d angle90
part, u b confirm osogbo guy. Osogbo a dara o
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2012
Wow.....wish I could get a job in osogbo..I've never spent more than 3 days in my state yet the few ones I spent were marvellous. Really wish all this aptitude test were held in osogbo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by mbhs139(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2012
Yinkay: Osogbo Oroki Asala....Ilu Aro(Home of dyeing) a city reknown for its dyeing,arts and culture industry. The location where the Yoruba army finally truncated the Fulani expansionist ambition.

My Great-Great-Grand-Father(I don't know how many generations actually) popular known as 'Jinadu Aisado' was the the brave warrior that truncated 'the Fulani expansionist ambistion'. He was a mercinery from Oyo.

He was made to settle in Osogbo for the fear of the return of the Fulanis. And ever since, we have remained an indigene of Osogbo.

A fight occured sometimes ago at our compound and someone called one of my cousins a bastard Osogbo indigene. That was what brought about the story. otherwise we wouldn't have known our origin.

My grand parents (then) treatened to relocate back to our 'ori-run' in Oyo. As a matter of fact, the Alafiin was in wait to receive us. But the then Ataoja (the 3rd) pleaded for us not to leave and compensated us with 24 hectares of land at 'Oke-Bale', which is being presently encroached by unauthorised persons.

THE POWER OF HISTORY

Let children know about your origin because someday, someone will ask them 'ta ni baba e n'le yi' - who are your fathers in this town (litera meaning)

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Tingles(m): 9:38am On Sep 02, 2012
Osogbo isn't that spectacular jor, leave the main roads and take a trip through the streets, you'll see that Osogbo is still a village. Good electricity and serenity is as a result of underdevelopment, that governor of ours needs to shave and fatten up.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by DEngineer(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2012
aww awesome pictures, i miss osogbo the state of my birth, i miss Abegi, not that i go there but its along my house and the primary school that share a fence with Abegi is where i was first known in the state as a talented footballer.

i love this state, the electricity thing is cool no one mention t-fare, sometimes ull imagine if u were given the ride for free so cheap Agunbelewo - Olaiya=Ojuelegba - iyan itire (ilasa junction) , its just 50 naira

plus a lot of freebies that make living in osogbo cool. Babes there are sexy yet dont cost you much and are take to mam kind of girls

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by olabiz2010: 10:09am On Sep 02, 2012
winlvf: Hmnn I can see that the OP forgot to mention the Great City ILE-IFE haba you cant talk about Osun state without referring to Ife now at times i even mistake Ife for the capital of Osun state lol. So far my stay stay as a student has been very wonderful i'l miss Ife so much when i finally leave...For those of you that are yet to visit Osun state i will advice you to check out Erin Ijesa water fall, Osun groove, OAU natural museum, Ile Ife museum etcetra...Osun state is a very peaceful place and the people there are very nice.
I rep Ile-ife THE SOURCE any day anytime. As for the haters, let them keep on hating.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Remii(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2012
deeplow:

Are u sure u are not d remi that I used to flog(as a corper) for coming to school in dirty clothes and aving an empty brain?*just kidding".

did you attend Fakunle too? I was a student not a corper. When did you leave Fakunle? I left 1984.
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Silverstonnes(f): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2012
Olayinkaoj: Without sentiments, Osun State of today is not doing badly as people of great hope for development are loving what they are seeing. I was born in Ile-Ife and I enjoyed my stay there before the 1996-2000 crisis. Ilesha is a nice town with some manufacturing companies in the 80's and early 90's. Osogbo of today in particular and Osun in general is better than what it used to be during PDP time. Don't mind the corper who mentioned that the current govt is sacking experienced teachers, though there is mass retirement this 2012 but due to the fact that the retiring workers are trying to avoid the new pension scheme which is to start by Jan, 2013. The former PDP govt was selling civil service slot but that has stopped now. Its true that some teachers can't communicate in good English, but the current teachers were those that bought their ways through. Public pry sch students are now being fed during break time in Osun. Yesn u may find mothers who are under 20, they are not as good in abortion as in ur place
'The state govt of osun' is neither sacking teachers nor employing new ones. A great number of them is retiring/ av retired dz year and their spaces are yet to be filled. My roommate then told me of a school where she did her Tp that has no physics, chemistry and biology teachers and the students sat for wasce and Neco.
Not all the o'yes teachers are qualified 2 teach and funny enough, most of these so called 'unemployed youths' are not jobless that's why they go to skul whenever they have time to teach what they don't know!
For your info, primary school pupils have always been fed. Oyinlola started it d diff is oyinlola unlike aregbesola is not a propagandist so he didn't shout it. And mind u, those pupils weren't fed for a whole term after oyinlola left for whatever reason i'm not interested in!
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Silverstonnes(f): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
And why is my post hidden?
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by teddies(f): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2012
Hello,nice work u did here abt osogbo,just got admitted into. Lautech for my masters nd I will be receiving lectures at dere satalite campus at osogbo pls is dere any way u cn help me wiv any agent,I nid a sef contain in a neat nd lovly environment preferabily an estate or in d gra,a house wiv water.thanks will be waiting to hear frm u
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Royals1st: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
@ibis if you looking for cheap textiles, adire my advise for you to go to abeokuta that where adire is made and you will get it very cheap and you will as much as you want if you want contact of people making adire contact me i will give u there contact feel free to call ADE on 08060282684
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Wasbayd: 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2012
Osun state is unique in so many ways, but I will give just one: OSUN IS KNOWN FOR EXCELLENT LEVEL OF PEACE. If you need a place you can enjoy your legally earned millions/billions with peace of mind, Osun is the best choice. Osogbo Oroki!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by victorD3: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
RUBBISH!! Is this a state??
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by GNature(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2012
teddies: Hello,nice work u did here abt osogbo,just got admitted into. Lautech for my masters nd I will be receiving lectures at dere satalite campus at osogbo pls is dere any way u cn help me wiv any agent,I nid a sef contain in a neat nd lovly environment preferabily an estate or in d gra,a house wiv water.thanks will be waiting to hear frm u

Congratulations! Where did you obtain your baccalaureate degree ?
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Mikeoyee(m): 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2012
Ipinle Omoluabi, Osun a dara oooooooooo !
Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by Meritbaba(m): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2012
victorD3: RUBBISH!! Is this a state??
dumb only a town made up a state dis is only pics from oshogbo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Oshogbo, Osun State by smithll: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
Wow! That's my state capital. @ OP, Thanks!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.