Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

The Gift Of A Good Man - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Gift Of A Good Man (15262 Views)

The Gift Of Crabs: A Very Short Story / The Gift Of A Name / The Gift Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Acidosis(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Gift of a Good man ==> Great s[i]e[/i]x.

you be sex addict?
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Faithlovewinner: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
Tank God i have a good man
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by elampiro(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good to be good. But good people are easily taken for granted and most times lose out.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
nice 1
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2012
stint:
are you married to him and are you sure he does all this things op pointed . maybe you should read it again.
if u're not married to him , come back when you are to tell us again after some wonderful marriage years .
I think its BS
the fact u don't believe doesn't mean it doesn't exist! don't worry, i know by God's grace my marriage ll be wonderful! i believe it, pray towards it and work towards it. my guy is not perfect but he is the perfect one for me! cheers!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
omosexy1:

Aint we all happy for you. I am sure you didn't finish or understand the write up. Madam we all now know your husband is a good man with little flaws (abi?). Are you a good wife to him and will you still remain a good wife to him? Be honest with yourself!!!
my dear,
1. i'm not yet married.
2. i read and understood d post
3. i pray and strive to be the best i can be and he also does dat
4. our best is yet to come
5. lol @ madam! make dat small gal!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
omosexy1:

I guess she is just newly married or at the early stage of marriage. You know sey new car dey shack.
u guessed wrong, guess again! i wonder y u guys are reactin to my post, is d quality of men in nigeria so low
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by snipesdam(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is wonderful! Good man are out there, the ladies should stepup and look out for them, but dont expect too much but a good heart (honesty). Just that u ladies are getting too materialistic. My guy most read this @ Mosco gee
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by omosexy1: 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
bukatyne: u guessed wrong, guess again! i wonder y u guys are reactin to my post, is d quality of men in nigeria so low

Nope just that the expectations of Nigerian women have gone beyond the roof. They expect paradise when they are only coming with kitchen utensils. They expect bliss when they actually bring little or nothing to the table. They expect made-men, when their fathers ain't millionaires.

Now to your other posts. Since you aint married you won't understand. I pray your man (sowie boy-friend) marries you first, and be the dream husband you want. Please be good to that man and know that there would be trying times in your marriage.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by kwenu: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
@Poster , i like ur courage and hardwork but these post of yours who can bear,
these GoALS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO Achieve, it takes only a superman or woman to be such
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
Oooooooooo
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by GreenJ(m): 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
@OP: Great, many that feels its impossible ask how they chose their partners!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stolenstone: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
....a good man is hard to find!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
[size=16pt]Balrogs[/size] are fictional demonic beings .........www.wikipedia.org

so READERS BEWARE OF ALIEN ATTACK AND MIND CONTROL ON nairaland...in the NAME OF GOOD MEN.... grin grin grin

[size=16pt]"CAVEAT EMPTOR"[/size]....(Readers(buyers) beware))

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by donjunu24: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good piece
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Okukk(m): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
What a wonderful 'silver coated' words for the "Good man". I slept off while I was reading it and I woke up immediately I was through. I saw the good man in my dream! My twin sis will be please to meet this good man. Op any hint?

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by commited(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
wow. This is 1derful n gr8t 2 know n inprove on my flaws.
But, how do a guy knows a truely luvly, sensitive positively n non pretentious about how she feels about u.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by amijid2012(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2012
Love dis write up., i hope our grls r reading dis.......!!!!!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is wonderful
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by shilling(f): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good stuff!!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by crislyn(f): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=TemiBalrog]This is an Ode to a good man and the woman perceptive enough to discern him, for though he is about the best thing that might happen to you after salvation, sometimes, he is a subtle miracle…. One that could be missed!

I don’t know where you are in your journey of love, but babe, am dropping by to tell you not to give up on a good man, if you’ve found one. If you are not in a relationship, hang in there, your man is right on the way. If you are in one or even married, and you know God’s given you a truly good man, regardless of the broken places of his life, please choose to love him and stick with him… It would matter more as life comes along!
May your heart be full of light to tell when a gift has landed in your life and never to walk away from a sheer miracle!

My eyes are misty right now *sigh*… A good man is a gift only a good God can bring!

A good man is a shelter from the storm. He will shield you from the hard things of life. He will stand with you when ro. This is so touching! I actualy have tears in my eyes
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by akin101: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
definition of a good man......
tall dark and handsome
12 inch...long
rich......

must be mr cork.....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by cdamsel(f): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
smiliz: I have a good man!
dat makes us both grin
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by chuksnwite(m): 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
Wow....am hoping it never have an end,alas it did.at that point it strick me,this is who l wanna be at end of all things.pls l would love to get this in my e-mail (chuksnwite@yahoo.com)thanks dear.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
omosexy1:

Nope just that the expectations of Nigerian women have gone beyond the roof. They expect paradise when they are only coming with kitchen utensils. They expect bliss when they actually bring little or nothing to the table. They expect made-men, when their fathers ain't millionaires.

Now to your other posts. Since you aint married you won't understand. I pray your man (sowie boy-friend) marries you first, and be the dream husband you want. Please be good to that man and know that there would be trying times in your marriage.
there are good gals out there and it's left for d guys wit God's grace to spot them b'cos not all that glitters is gold and some people are rough diamond.

@2nd part of ur post, i'm not yet married but i know ow it would be like by God's grace. i cherish wat i ve and try to improve daily. i know that marriage is not all rosy/perfect cos even relationship is out but it depends on love, d fear of God, puttin urself in d shoes of ur partner, adding value to their lives, been their best fan, believing in their judgements, holding them up when they fail/fall, being ready to put them back in line when they mess up, been able to share/support their dreams/aspirations and fears, having empathy and so many other things. we can all be d best thing that happened to our better half if we are determined to work at our relationships and ourselves. wat's so hard in loving someone and investing in their lives?
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2012
commited: wow. This is 1derful n gr8t 2 know n inprove on my flaws.
But, how do a guy knows a truely luvly, sensitive positively n non pretentious about how she feels about u.
and God would help u as u make a conscious effort to be the best He wants u to be.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by DukeNija(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2012
Who is this babe? My goodness shocked kiss
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by mrperfect(m): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is informative.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by oyin01(m): 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ds is good sha. But Man!!! Know thyself, for this is how they take our money(with sweet words), all na wash. Na job.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
Faithlovewinner: Tank God i have a good man

please ask him "how many of US are u currently dating?" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Keemy88(m): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2012
TemiBalrog: This is an Ode to a good man and the woman perceptive enough to discern him, for though he is about the best thing that might happen to you after salvation, sometimes, he is a subtle miracle…. One that could be missed!

I don’t know where you are in your journey of love, but babe, am dropping by to tell you not to give up on a good man, if you’ve found one. If you are not in a relationship, hang in there, your man is right on the way. If you are in one or even married, and you know God’s given you a truly good man, regardless of the broken places of his life, please choose to love him and stick with him… It would matter more as life comes along!
May your heart be full of light to tell when a gift has landed in your life and never to walk away from a sheer miracle!

My eyes are misty right now *sigh*… A good man is a gift only a good God can bring!

A good man is a shelter from the storm. He will shield you from the hard things of life. He will stand with you when rough times show up, he will work hard to see that he takes the blows and keeps you untouched or relatively so, when the midnight moment knocks on your door. You will need him so bad, you will be glad you said yes to him when these times show up, because they will, sweetheart, they will. He won’t turn to the other side of the bed, when he hears your gentle sob at past one a.m.

A good man is a knight in the night. On the day when the world looks bleak and despair grips your heart, he will be your answer, lift your burden and show you a better day. He might not have all you want, but he would be who you need. He will brighten your face with his smile, lighten your soul’s candle, and bring some sunshine to your darkest moments. He will make you laugh through your tears, because he is your friend!

A good man is the applause at your orchestra. When your dreams begin to take shape, small yet real, he would be beside you, believing in the unseen. He will stay awake with you, in the quiet of the night, planning and praying about that big move. He is the wind under your wings, a pat on your back and a push from behind. He won’t compete with you, or shrink in the face of your success, because you are his baby and he stands tall in his own calling.

A good man is fire in your bed. He will love you and love your body, because there is only you. He won’t ravage your womanhood like a predator, squandering your soul with selfish sex that leaves you worse than the last time. He will gather you gently into his arms and reach for your being, together into realms of intimacy where words lose their voice. He will delight in you and find your rhythm, you’d be happy it’s him you married. Every moment would be memorable….thirty years on!

A good man is a stream in a dry place. He will supply your needs and meet your desires. He will cater for you and do you good. He will lavish you with his substance, for he knows you’ll be his reflection. He will surprise you with the fine things, saving the best spoils for you his woman and draping you in his affluence… you’d be the envy of many! You would be untouched by the economy, for he will gush forth provisions season after season.

A good man is oil on your head. He will be the head of your home, a priest at your altar and prophet over your future. He is God’s son, so he will hear His Father’s voice and lead you along the best pathways for your lives. When he puts his hands over you, strength and grace will rest in your spirit. He will make your dwelling, the home of God’s presence, and he will teach you and his children the precepts of the Ancient. He will be your covering, God’s earthly minister to you!

A good man is a legacy for your offspring. He will give your children good living, show them the best of the world and be their hero through life’s audacious voyage. He will play football with his sons, go to piano classes with his daughters and they’ll never miss vacation! When the curtain closes long after, he will bequeath to them memories of his love, ideas, wealth in many currencies, great values, but most importantly a good name. He will be GOLD in their eyes.

A good man is a tickle for your dimple. He will make your days beautiful! He will make you laugh, sing your favourite songs, forgive your failures and take you just as you are. He will hold you by the waist to dinner and drive you to church on Sunday. He will be your buddy, winking at you in a crowded room. Even when things get real busy, be sure you are in his heart, and when the contract is signed, you’d play hide and seek in the bedroom!

A good man is a gift from God, if He’s brought you some guy who doesn’t seem to have it all together, yet you find he’s got a good heart…one that truly loves God and is willing to learn how to make you happy, might be nice to stick with him. Hugo Boss, Salvatore Ferragamo and Pierre Cardin…Honda Accords, Range Rovers, Prados and LR3s….fitted tee shirts, Bespoke blazers and Timberland boots…Boardroom Meetings, Presentations and Sales Target….at the end of the day, what we really want is a good man!

To every good man, with true goodness in his soul, who loves the Lord and deeply loves his woman like a covenant, my thumbs are up for you! Your babes might not get it right all the time, yet make sure you keep this love groove going… It’s the highest realm of living!
If you are a good man, from whom a woman walked away… May your loss give way to the triumph of a better and sweeter love that lasts a lifetime!

With warm smiles, plantain chips, and crazy deadlines…
Oluwadamilola.. kiss
I AM THAT GOOD MAN.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Immortal1(m): 2:37am On Aug 12, 2012
It is easy 2 find a gud Man, BUT WHO CAN FIND A VIRTUOUS WOMAN?(Prov 31:10-31). Nice post@OP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke / 5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling / How To Pass A Failed Test- A Short Comedy Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.