Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Federal Govt. Should Release David Ugolor.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt. Should Release David Ugolor.. (964 Views)

Buhari Should Release Nnamdi Kanu Immediately Or Face The Wrath Of Heaven - Nwok / Buhari Should Release Nnamdi Kanu Now / Int Law: the Army should release the 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death-Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Federal Govt. Should Release David Ugolor.. by geeluck: 8:49am On Aug 07, 2012
OPERATION STOP INJUSTICE, OPPRESSION AND INTIMIDATION

Why is Comrade David Ugolor being framed up in the murder of Comrade Olaitan Oyerinde? This has been the question on the minds of many people in and outside Nigeria. Why is comrade David Ugolor still being detained despite clear evidence from the SSS that Comrade Olaitan Oyerinde was murdered by armed robbers? How did police come up with the evidence which is different from SSS evidence? From police report, it said that comrade olaitan oyerinde was killed by a man who claimed that comrade David Ugolor promised to give him 20million. The suspect alleged that he was given N200,000 as an advance payment for the job. To me, this is laughable and unexplainable. Why is this man’S statement different from late olaitan wife’s statement? I believe that AIT,CHANNELS,ITV BENIN,EBS BENIN,THE NATION NEWSPAPER,VANGUARD AND NATIONAL MIRROR should as a matter of importance release Comrade Olaitan’s wife statement on how her husband was killed and the statement of the gateman.

It is on record that Comrade Olaitan was killed in his house by a group of four to five persons who are now in SSS custody? We attest to the fact that comrade David Ugolor is a man of integrity and unquestionable character who has always advocated a non-violent approach to societal development. He has engaged government across board both locally and internationally with this approach which has yielded positive results for the nation and globalized world. His activism spans over two decades of coordinated, well-articulated and result oriented activities acknowledged internationally. As a founder of ANEEJ and its executive Director, Comrade David Ugolor entrenched a non-violent approach to development in their policy document and naturally and practically abhors violence in any form and shape. It is also important to inform Nigerians that Comrade David Ugolor is a life saver, not a taker as his natural penchant for poverty eradication, enlarging the voice of the voiceless, assisting the poor and needy is unparalled in his twenty – five years of effective and result oriented activism.

The answer to the above mentioned questions is very simple, comrade David Ugolor was being held in detention because of his position in the PIB, that is PETROLEUM INDUSTRY BILL, that was sent to the senate. He had led protest in the past, recently last year in Abuja when the government wanted to introduce the bill in the first place. He was still held in detention by the orders of the IG because of the role he played during the subsidy protest. Comrade David Ugolor refused to compromise his stand. He stood with Nigerian masses. How they want to deal with him because there was an order from above even there is evidence not linking him to the actual killers of Comrade Olaitan.

I am aware that the State Security Service on Wednesday morning August 1, 2012 paraded six men in Abuja, who confessed to killing of Comrade Olaitan Oyerinde. Their names are Mohammed Abdullahi, Raymond onigbo, Chikezie Edeh, Saidi Yakubu, Sani Abubakar and Hassan Bashiru. Items stolen from Olaitan’s house have been recovered from the suspects. The suspects led by Mohammed confessed that they decided to rob Olaitan based on his gateman’s big mouth of boasting his boss influence in comrade oshiomhole’s government. The gang leader confessed to attending the same town hall meeting with Olaitan gateman. Another question is why Nigerian police refused to question the gateman to know whether he actually know the gang leader? Why has Nigerian police refused to ask the gateman whether they tied his eyes before they started robbing the house as they alleged?

This revelation of the suspects completely exonorates ANEEJ Executive Director, Comrade David Ugolor from the wicked plot been perpetrated by some faceless persons. Just to let Nigerians know that comrade david Ugolor is a human rights and environmental activist acknowledged internationally.

I have examined the situation and reached the conclusion that some faceless persons who feel threatened by the lawful activities of comrade Ugolor and his organization have planned to dent his image and rob him with the murder of Comrade Olaitan. Such persons should know that today that such action will raise the profile and David Ugolor can never be intimidated as against their selfish desires and wicked plot. I want Nigerians to know that he has been extensively involved in promoting good governance in the country and in the fight against corruption in Nigeria’s oil sector, where he has led series of protest to the National Assembly to press for the Petroleum Industry Bill.

ANEEJ BENIN.

Re: Federal Govt. Should Release David Ugolor.. by Biggyd2: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2012
I hope that this man has a good lawyer.
Re: Federal Govt. Should Release David Ugolor.. by geeluck: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Biggyd2: I hope that this man has a good lawyer.

Guess he has one..

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Zenith Bank Marina Gutted By Fire / I Appeal To Eze Ndigbo Of Nairaland To Award Musiwa A Chieftancy Title. / Is Nigeria Becoming A Failed State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.