Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? (7161 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Crumbled Relationship: Should I Stay And Fight Or Just Walk? / Confusion About What To Do In A Relationship. Should I Propose Or End It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by delirius(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2007
hi all,

Last night I was fortunate to have had a very pulsating discussion with a friend's kid brother and i discovered that the young man is somewhat confused with his relationship. He's kind of young though, but I think he's a bit matured for his age.

Rhe topic; TRUST was the topic and this guy told me outrightly that no man should trust his girl 100%, please i don't know what could have happened to him as his girl friend just got back from England. so the question is should any man trust his girlfriend 100%?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by walbii: 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2007
U know what,i don't think u should have 100% trust for ur girlfriend or even ur boyfriend as the case may be,because we are all human and subject to change,with this i believe u will have peace of mind and be able to address issues wisely.As for me i only have 100% trust for GOD ALMIGHTY he is the one that never disappoints.CHEERS.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by burgy(m): 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2007
personally i dont think its possible/advisable to trust your bof or girlfriend 100%, else you will just end up hurting yourself. Trust is important in every relationship, but giving it 100% to your partner exposes 100% to the possibility of hurt, So in my opinion trust but with reservations
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by lakeside00(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2007
yes i think one shouldn't have 20% trust in any relationshionship not to talk of 100%, expecially for some girls for they are full of lier and deceiver, But rather put your trust in God alone cos he can never let you down

cheer smiley cool
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by oyeleyegb: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
am married with a son, in this life the joy of reletionships are children they are interesting , because of the love we have for them tthey extent to our women too, for relationships u should not have trust on yur woman but that dosnt mean that you should always look on her as not trusthworthy because they can be very trusthworthy and they can be very disappointing but whatever the case always put your trust on God cheers
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by ndubest(m): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
100% trust?

thats for God alone
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by TL(f): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2007
my dad always tells me "don't trust anybody, even yourself" trust only God.
trust 100% nada.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by uspry1(f): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2007
Oh really I disagree with that. 100% trust alone is BE WITH GOD, not just anybody, not even your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse, and not even yourself.

For strong relationship between two people connect that is based on:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li]
[/list]
[/list]
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by pmdaboh(f): 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2007
I do not think it is wise to put 100% trust in anybody.  Now I am not saying you should enter into relationships with all kinds of suspicions either, but to trust someone that much is UNWISE.  Let us think about our own failures, faults, weaknesses, and sometimes not even knowing who we are OURSELVES at various times in our lives.  The person who was in a relationship or marriage with us during that time, should they have put 100% trust in US when we were confused and fighting to just stay in control of ourselves.  Sometimes we go through things, which make us doubt even our own selves and evaluate our morals, ethics, and conscious, and should someone put 100% trust in someone during those times--even if it is just a phase that person is passing through.

None of us is 100% PERFECT at all times in our ENTIRE LIFE.  So why would you put 100% Trust in anyone?  That is not wise.  If you want to put 100% trust in something, PUT IT IN GOD WHO CHANGES NOT!

Patricia
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by adeboo(f): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2007
I dont think there is nyone we could trust 100%.
I dont even trust ma mother 100%.
There are people that will come into ur life and deserve that element of trust because they have proved their trust - personally from what i have been through - i couldnt truust anybody 100%. But as we get to know each other more, the trust will improve.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Busta(f): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2007
100%?

That a whole lotta trust.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by efuah(f): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2007
trust? abi na relying on somebody or depending or na real trust u mean

For trust make i dash am 0.5% Give him/her 20% u will forever live in fool's paradise, 50%, u will hurt forever and if u make a mistake n dash the whole 100%. . . trust me, u will die without knowing, infact u will deliver ur own execution letter/Death warrant grin
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by realcele: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2007
No good, 100% is too much but enough trust to keep the relationship going. Enough will depends on the individual likes and dislikes.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by saucekid(m): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2007
*trusting her is ok but 100% is overdoing it*
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by eudio(f): 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2007
I learnt something early in life, that is do not put ur trust in anybody.

u can only put ur trust in God. he is the only one that can never let u down.

trust in humans, is like digging one's own grave.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by moondust(m): 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2007
100% trust? . . .is that even possible?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by yimiton(f): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2007
100% trust?
That is totally unadviceable.
When things crash, you'll find yourself so wounded, you may never be able to get out of it.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by Nautillus(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2007
No human can truely claim to trust ANYTHING/ANYONE 100%
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by ifyalways(f): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2007
100% trust ke  shocked shocked shocked no way.even d pant wey dey my waist i never trust am like that .
abeg i might have confidence in you,know your limits and capabilities BUT trust,hmmmmn 70%  at most for any being. kiss

100% trust is for my maker and him alone.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by lordmassac(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
100%? no way. you might get killed shocked shocked undecided
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by ammamat(f): 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2007
what is trust if i may ask, Have been there once I mean giving him 80 Lol, Na for road the carry me when the guy show me pepper , is good and is dangerous too is noooo,
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by uchetobi(f): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
am amazed at the level of cynicism embedded in the responses so far
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by BMD(m): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2007
giving 100% trust is ideal for me coz without it i  think it (relationship) would be so prosaic (especially marriage), PLS BE TRU 2 UR MAN/WOMAN (100%)

- start a trip 2day
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by lilvonz(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2007
well, i think the only time i can trust my girlfriend wife 100% is when she is God which is nt possible.
TRUST - A VERY HARD WORD
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by NextProdigy(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2007
If you want full intimacy with your spouse, you've got to go all the way with the trust. God trusted man with this world, man messed up but God didn't stop trusting man. If we are created in the image and likeness of God, then we should trust like there was no reason not to. I think it's possible for two people to trust each other 100% with all their insecurities and even vulnerabilities.  Feel u BMD.
Just thoughts in my head.  smiley
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by adeboo(f): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2007
Uchetobi its not our fault o - its what we have been through.
Even God is still having trouble making me trust Him 100%.
Talkless a man.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by 2old4that(m): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
100%? That is dangerous dont try it at home. grin

Its way too much to trust someone with 100%
How many will God get?
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by odiaseo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
Trust is the foundation for any good relationship. You'll always attract what you are. If you are trust worthy you'll attract trustworthy friends. There can be the odd person here and there but the de facto is always true. It up to you to choose your friends wisely and not commit to a relationship until trust has been established.

More here: http://www.peleodiase.com/blog/integrity-relationships
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by jkpretty(f): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2007
Sure Even God said don't put ur trust in man.

But stil we've got to give a little trust, if not we will be doubting every man.

Some people's behavior will just earn ur trust

Whatever trust u give whether 100% or 5%, it hurts when we are betrayed.
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by denony(m): 7:11pm On Dec 18, 2007
Not possible at at,
Give your God 100%
yourself 85-90%
male frends should give their female friends 50-60%
then female friends should give their male freinds 70-80 %

Because girls are the most disappointing in every relationship.

I trust my God 100%

as for my girl, i really trust her so much up to 65% lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by blackgucci(m): 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2007
even when we try, we cant because it is inconsistent with our existence,

saying we can would be an obvious expression of either self or directed deception
Re: Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? by tommyex(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2007
If there is love then 100%

If not,it could vary on suspicions-from 0% to 50% not more grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right 2 Have Sex With A Married Woman?? / Where To Bleep Olosho/okpo In Lagos / This Lady Did Surgery To Reduce Her Massive Breasts (SEE Photos Before & After)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.