Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) (52367 Views)

How To Get Jobs In Canada / Student Jobs In Norway! / 38 Highly Demanded Jobs In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

Blue print : Top secret. Classified.

Meanwhile, i will do you a favour. But first you will have to drop deposit : A rented accent and a goat head you folks like to share .

JustDumb!!

Another angry deportee grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by werepeLeri: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
OP. Say the truth. Of the millions of Nigerians in the UK- whats the percentage of people doing professional job? I understand what you are saying though. Having graduated from Nigeria with a First Class degree and wining a Shell Chevening Scholarship to study for an MSC degree in Information systems, I fell into the category of menial job worker after the 1 year Msc, reason because, it was hard getting a job with the Msc degree, while my White friends got jobs just immediately after graduation. For over a year - I worked all over the place - John Lewis, Safeway (then), Pizza Hut, to keep body and soul together - but then when the pro jobs came - it was high flying - earning top 300 pounds per day.

But, dont let us confuse people. The statistics can make the pictures clearer. The number of qualified Nigerians doing menial jobs far outweigh the one doing pro jobs. Please, noone is saying menial jobs are bad, but to paint the picture like the UK is heavenly and use it to confuse folks back home is a serious disservice to them. With menial jobs - how much can you save at 5pounds per hour? Having to make ends meet by doing extra hours and working 24/7. That is what I term slavery- disagree with me - its allowed. But dont confuse people back home and letting them think once you get to the UK with your visiting visa- the jobs are all out there for them to chose from.

And it is sad to believe that anyone in Nigeria who tells the truth about how life in the UK or diaspora is, then that person must hate diasporians or is sad because he was deported or denied visa. Almost every household in Nigeria has someone in the diaspora - so, why will Nigerians at home hate those abroad?

The issue is when people twist the truth and make it seem like people or others havent been and seen what is available, some people trip like if you havent been abroad, then, you havent seen life. Haba? It shouldnt be.

And whoever says suffer no dey abroad, that person needs his or her head examined.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
Forget UK jor!

Show me that Nigerian for my set wey remain for UK wey no dey clean person yansh as we speak...or even kak for door as bouncer...

Abeg as U gradj...return home

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Bright4(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
pls.niaralander,am a Bsc holder in public adm.tryin to further more at uk.but i dont knw kind of prof.course dt can go for aside p.a. also with my discipline,whre can i work while at diaspora?thax.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Ninilowo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Who is Oluomo? Oh Mc oluomo!
No, I don't, I am here to learn. Educate me!
Oluomo is the chief tout in oshodi............period wink
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein: Holy crap ! Familiar stories of "oil and gas industry".

Now this reminds me of a honest guy in NNPC , Abuja who said that our diaporans are consciously and unconsciously being used as mecenaries in our oil and gas industry.

Now MOD's, are you guys gonna hide or ban my post from saying it as it is ?

Laugh wan kill me... this nigga is repping his name nicely "Olodostein"... Dumbass and dumber... LOL... sufferhead for naija!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise:

Another angry deportee grin grin grin

Taaaaaa. Go eat BNP sh.it.

Wetin i want come do 4 Uk ?

I can only go for tourism to see how JUSTDUMB is doing his job pretty well : cleaning old white asses from 6am - 12am; working as a security door man at MacDonalds from 12:30pm to 7:30pm and working as a bouncer in one of the Indian clubs from 8pm to 5:30am, all for 5pounds per hour.

No wonder you think with your ass.es.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
eezeebone:

Laugh wan kill me... this nigga is repping his name nicely "Olodostein"... Dumbass and dumber... LOL... sufferhead for naija!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

I can only go for tourism to see how JUSTDUMB is doing his job pretty well : cleaning old white asses from 6am - 12am; working as a security door man at MacDonalds from 12:30pm to 7:30pm and working as a bouncer in one of the Indian clubs from 8pm to 5:30am, all for 5pounds per hour.

Olodo does Indians operate clubs in the UK? Have you ever seen a security door man in MacDonalds? Olodoooo... hey!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodo never enter jand before ohhhhh!!!!! He dey take Iyana ipaja eye describe Mac Donald's. Badt guy!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise: [/b] grin grin grin grin

You are hiding posts because they say the truth you can't stand.

You use your priviledged position to spread propaganda and hide facts.

BNP ought to teach you a damned lesson pr.ick.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by denzel2009: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

lmao dancing to punjabi whilst eating garlic and indian rum.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by revomind(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Hehe. Much ado over nothing.
Big ups to those making ends meet in Nigeria, Big ups to those doing same in the diaspora. If you don't fall into any of these groups, stop hating and get on your grind.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

You are hiding posts because they say the truth you can't stand.

You use your priviledged position to spread propaganda and hide facts.

BNP ought to teach you a damned lesson pr.ick.

I did not hide any of your post, where in the UK did you see Indian club?
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by sisieko2001: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

it is obvious you have never set a foot before in the UK undecided

to add to that, most club bouncers earn minimum £10 per hour wink, and based on the illustration you've given that 100 quid per shift grin. the dude will most likely have a day job as well. no wonder, so many nigerian men are driving range rover in the UK tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
eezeebone: Olodo never enter jand before ohhhhh!!!!! He dey take Iyana ipaja eye describe Mac Donald's. Badt guy!!!

O boy wetin be your own na. I no say you dey feel me as this Real Niaja dey wipe Justdumb as.s, lolz.

Photoshop me more guy, i don be ur celebrity. Very soon you go post front page topic with the title "OlodoEinstein documenting ass cleaners in the Uk".

Imao
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Claus(m): 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
4llerbuntu: Quite clearly you are missing the point @op.

The MAJORITY of people who leave this shores like u do not have sponsors, do not have placement in the upscale schools and have no werewithal to live well.

The point pple try to make is YOU & VERY SMALL GROUP OF COLLEAGUES are a distinct minority. I daresay even if you stayed in nigeria, u would have a massive advantage.

Do u have any idea the number of pple who emigrate yearly to that same uk, scotland etc? Do a head count of the "successful“ and do a ratio to the "unsuccessful“ ! Take a conservative estimate of 2 thousand a year.

Dude 95% of y'all shld not be there! Like someone said, keep encouraging/consoling yourself!

And thank your stars you are lucky

Like someone once said, over 99.9% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I believe the poster has raised a valid post. The post is not about claiming that all or even a majority of Nigerians in the U.K. are doing well. Ultimately, when people come to a forum like this, they should relay their personal experiences or those of their friends and acquaintances.

It is then up to the readers on nairaland to weigh the number of positive and negative stories, compare it to their own personal circumstance and determine what the likely prospects are for themselves. Let both the positive and negative stories of Nigerians in diaspora flow freely, readers who bother to read comprehensively can then make an informed decision.

From my own personal experience over the past 15 years, those Nigerians I know who obtained a good education from reputable institutions and who entered the country legally have tended to do well. That has reduced somewhat due to the economic downturn, but the prospects are still there. Those that entered illegally or overstayed and/or obtained poorly rated courses from poorly rated universities have not done so well and might as well have gone back to Naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
eezeebone:

Una no go kill person with laugh 4 this forum.
But Olodostein see wetin ur name don cause. why U no see better nickname dash ya sef nah? even if name hard U at least U 4 use d one when Ur papa give U nah.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olodostein:

O boy wetin be your own na. I no say you dey feel me as this Real Niaja dey wipe Justdumb as.s, lolz.

Photoshop me more guy, i don be ur celebrity. Very soon you go post front page topic with the title "OlodoEinstein documenting ass cleaners in the Uk".

Imao

Truth be told u just dey make me laugh.... it's all fun from me oh!!! lol.

But its not Photoshop sha... it's kind of called a meme. LOL
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
As long as you are fulfilled in whatever you do, wherever you do it, that's all that matters.
If you wash "deadi bodi", work as a guard, or work at micki dees, it doesn't change anything as long as you like the life you live.

As an example, i met a chap like 10 years ago in Houston. He told me somebody was laughing at him because he was working as a guard at an apartment complex. He said the guy told him to go to school and stop suffering. Well, the security guy said and i quote

"going to school is obviously good and will definitely help me in the future but check this out..prior to coming to houston, i had never been outside kwara state. I used to work on the farm for my parents. To me Lagos was like london because all i used to hear was that Lagos was the place where people made it. The first time i stepped out of illorin was on my way to the us embassy and to do my medical examination because i had just won the lottery. A distant relative in the US registered for me without my knowledge and i won. I only went to lagos, a maximum of 4 times. The fifth time was on my to the airport. Here i am in the US, working security and sending 80,000 naira (this was back in 2002) to my parents every month and someone is laughing at me. My entire household lived on less than 20,000 naira when i was in illorin and now i'm priveleged to send them 80,000 for upkeeps. I know i can do better than where i am right now but i THANK GOD AND I AM CONTEMPT. Laugh at me all you want but i am satisfied. From working on a farm to being able to send money home to my folks is something i am proud of. One step at a time. For now i am satisfied."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by 190theclown: 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
saxywale:

If it was Nigeria. There would be 10,000 applications for 4 vacant positions.

Hahahhahahahaa
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
Babzilla:
Una no go kill person with laugh 4 this forum.
But Olodostein see wetin ur name don cause. why U no see better nickname dash ya sef nah? even if name hard U at least U 4 use d one when Ur papa give U nah.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by r231(m): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
justwise:

Olodo does Indians operate clubs in the UK? Have you ever seen a security door man in MacDonalds? Olodoooo... hey!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indian clubs ke grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001:

to add to that, most club bouncers earn minimum £10 per hour wink, and based on the illustration you've given that 100 quid per shift grin. the dude will most likely have a day job as well. no wonder, so many nigerian men are driving range rover in the UK tongue

He is a waste of space, like you pointed out...bouncers earn good money and work less hrs, Olodo has to represent his name grin grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
r231:

Olodo might have worked there b4 grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by mane4(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
Reading all these comments kinda entertains (with d Olodo & Co head to heads) but what really gets me is: were dis to be a thread on how UK/naija peeps successfully share goats and MANAGE TO SURVIVE in d uk it wud'v had @least 19pages by now. Meanwhile its about success stories and we'v got only 2pages with more than half of d comments not being abt successes @all. So go figure. Still coming for my masters prog tho.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
sisieko2001:

There are gazillions of Indian owned clubs in the UK.
Step out of ur old shack in London,
and move around more, newbie.
£100 per shift for 5hrs club security shift?
shut up there anuofia and learn maths.

Keep quiet there, otondo.
How many Nigerian men drive range in the UK?
1 out of 10,000, oloshi.
Stop lying, onye ara.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
r231:

Hahahaha. Justwise knows the secret to this great job opportunities and must be hiding it from you guys.

Justwise please do them a favour and tell them of this Gold mine........
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
A lot the clubs in mama charlie's country are owned by Indians.
Heck, most of the security firms that supply bouncer jobs,
are Indian owned.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by mane4(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
@A-town. Abeg did u cram all these while he was saying dis to his adviser or did d door guy have a published biography already? cus u said "and I quote" or abi... (Anyway sha all join my broda) its still an inspiring and real 'gist'.
Re: Nigerians have good jobs in UK (enough Of Sad Stories) by HiiiPower(m): 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
E get as e be for the topic self.
The Op's story is like a feel good/consolation story.
I'm not too sure if he's lying or telling the truth.
But I know there are loads of temp jobs this summer,
but we all know what temp jobs are lol.

if temp job is what's making him go gaga,
I feel sorry for the OP lol.

#EnoughSaid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah / Before You Come To Ireland!!! / Nigerian Man Refuses To Enter "Driverless" Bus In Netherland (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.