Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem (77712 Views)

Troops Recovers Large Cache Of Arms And Ammunitions At Gursum (photos) / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Every State Get Dem Own Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Presius(m): 5:11am On Aug 08, 2012
SlyIg: Long Live d Federal Republic of Bayelsa!!!
Long Live d Federal Republic of Ogoni!!!
Long Live d Federal Republic of Biafra!!!
YES S S O O O O O....
SEE as hungry go take una play* make una go form republic of biafra na* weda una nor go hungry die
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by alaoeri: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2012
People that are criticising Aregbesola when he initiated this idea what 'll they say now?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by rooftech: 5:21am On Aug 08, 2012
It started with cross river,bakkasi,osun,zamfara now ogoni and bayelsa ,bye bye naija
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by rooftech: 5:22am On Aug 08, 2012
It started with cross river,bakkasi,osun,zamfara now ogoni and bayelsa ,bye bye naija.no country survives 2 civil wars
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B: A state flag is different from a National flag dimwits.

All states that make the U.S. have their own flag and crest.

It's similar to Lagos crest and motto.

Even Great Britain which is comprised of several individual Nations (England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland) all have their own emblems and flags

Texas Flag

Great Britain or United Kingdom? just asking.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 5:28am On Aug 08, 2012
Rudebwoy:

are they not the same thing?no London
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 08, 2012
smile4kenn: Is this sign that Nigeria is about to Divide?

Its too late to divide people!

Let us join hands together and uphold [b]this great country [/b]people

http://www.carsdey.com/

Why do people keep refering to Nigeria as a great country? Please tell me just ONE thing great about Nigeria. The way to build a great nation is not to fool one's self but to acknowlegde the facts and go all out to really build one.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ajadosu: 5:31am On Aug 08, 2012
i must confess that each time i read my people's mind on national issues,i forsee doom for this country.every mind is sentimental.while i implore us to be logical on issues of national interest,let's be patriotic in our contribution.And all that think division is the best remedy should also think of how possibleit is without minority languishing therefrom.God bless us.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 5:32am On Aug 08, 2012
Rudebwoy:

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 08, 2012
ajadosu: i must confess that each time i read my people's mind on national issues,i forsee doom for this country.every mind is sentimental.while i implore us to be logical on issues of national interest,let's be patriotic in our contribution.And all that think division is the best remedy should also think of how possibleit is without minority languishing therefrom.God bless us.

You are probably benefitting from the present cesspit. What is there to be proud of about this dung hole ? Just tell me one thing. For this country to make meaning, it's either we go back to the 1960 constitution or we sit to fashion out a whole new rules of engagement.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 6:12am On Aug 08, 2012
It's been years since I last listened to OGBC/Gateway Radio, but in the past, if you listened to the station at resumption in the mornings, you would hear the Ogun State Anthem. It's usually played after the National Anthem and National Pledge.

The anthem was composed by Reverend Ransome-Kuti (Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's father) and was played every morning, even during military rule.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Afam4eva(m): 6:13am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

England is a country, dumbo.. grin
Lol

Even states in the US are run like countries.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by brownlord: 6:13am On Aug 08, 2012
dasparrow:

@Bolded

That will not happen because Abuja is actually part of the north. The natives of Abuja are the GWARI people so I don't know how Abuja will fit into oodua republic. The hausa and fulani people will not sit and watch that happen. Besides, Nigerians from all ethnic groups own land and properties in Abuja. What happens to them?

Are you commenting on his post or you just writing your own? block head where in the post did you see him say Abuja will be part of the Odua, you cant read, yet you can make foolish comment
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by LarryTreash(m): 6:15am On Aug 08, 2012
In my hause every body is a republic of his own, we all hav Flag,Anthem,Coat of arm, even Militery. In my younger sis Army barracks GEJ is in cell.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by brownlord: 6:20am On Aug 08, 2012
LarryTreash: In my hause every body is a republic of his own, we all hav Flag,Anthem,Coat of arm, even Militery. In my younger sis Army barracks GEJ is in cell.

no wonder you people are behind, please wake up, its pass 6 already, you should be back from ur witchcraft republic by now, dumb head
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by otondo55: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2012
Long over due, Nigeria is never one.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by profola2be(m): 7:11am On Aug 08, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: not neccessarily a sign of division. shows we are moving toward true federalism. each state of the US has its own flag, logo, motto and i think even its own anthem

but when Governor Rauf Aregbesola did it in Osun,it wasn't a sign of true federalism, abi?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by luluosas(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2012
Come oh, e no be the same Jonathan way put Aregbesola of Osun State under security, becus, im sing another athem? Why im de do like say im no see im people way wan scatter scatter Nigeria so? Na waoh. https://www.nairaland.com/914217/fg-puts-aregbesola-under-security
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by gp66(m): 7:18am On Aug 08, 2012
some persons arein this room just to ignite fire. Soon after they will say its GEJ plan to create Rep of Niger Delta. But is it wrong to own state flag, and anthem NP? Pls if u have no evidence abt what u post just remain dumb.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 7:24am On Aug 08, 2012
luluosas: Come oh, e no be the same Jonathan way put Aregbesola of Osun State under security, becus, im sing another athem? Why im de do like say im no see im people way wan scatter scatter Nigeria so? Na waoh. https://www.nairaland.com/914217/fg-puts-aregbesola-under-security

f00l, this is what he was accused of : The Federal Government has mobilized virtually all security agencies in the country to put Osun State governor, Engr Rauf Aregbesola on 24-hour surveillance over an intelligence report generated by the Department of State Security (DSS) which accused the governor of creating an army of Islamic jihadists as a prelude to seceding from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Chubhie: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2012
dayokanu: He he he.

I am waiting for people who claimed Aregbesola wanted to secede when he did the same thing in the State of Osun
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2012
Sorry for the delay. More flags coming up, including Ekiti, Bayelsa, Oyo, Cross Rivers, Kaduna, etc.

Below is the Bayelsa State flag.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2012
Ekiti

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2012
Edo

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 08, 2012
@Ekiti , Beautiful. I knew Ekiti would do something different. Not that GWG with different crest stamped in the middle undecided

Just beautiful. . . . I love it!! This should be our flag with the "Gov of Ekiti bla bla" label deleted.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/781190_Ekiti_pngc11e1535a085f3cd2c69860ee4de2970

Glorious!! Incredible! cool
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:35am On Aug 08, 2012
Cross Rivers 1967-1970
Cross Rivers (2005)

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 08, 2012
^^^ someone must have been sleeping while drawing out the CR's flag design.

Prolly Okija after a night out lipsrsealed
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by tpia5: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2012
naptu2: Sorry for the delay. More flags coming up, including Ekiti, Bayelsa, Oyo, Cross Rivers, Kaduna, etc.

Below is the Bayelsa State flag.

well, its not bad [assuming that's it].

looks familiar though.

http://www.photius.com/flags/printable_horizontal_red_white_green_stripes.html
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2012
Delta State

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by naptu2: 7:38am On Aug 08, 2012
Oyo

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 08, 2012
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by tpia5: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2012
i need to find the other thread with the state flags. . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dot In A Circle: Enyinnaya Abaribe Wearing 'The Dot Nation' T-Shirt (Photos) / Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate / Man Sacked For Supporting President Buhari (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.