Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri (9395 Views)

PHOTO: Patience Jonathan Now An Evangelist / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Arrowman(m): 12:27am On Aug 08, 2012
Gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect on Monday evening killed an evangelist with a Pentecostal church in Maiduguri, Ali Samari.

Evangelist Samari, 57, was with the Good News Church (GNC) Maiduguri and was reportedly killed at his Mafoni residence at exactly 6.30pm.

An eyewitness said the evangelist, who equally repairs wrist watches at the Post Office Area of the town was trailed to his house by two gunmen, after closing from work.

The witness also said the evangelist had sometimes this year received a stern warning from men suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect, asking him to vacate his residence.

He said though the evangelist discussed the threat to few people that were close to him, but he however dismissed it, saying “it is the Almighty God that protects. I leave everything in the hands of God.”

Confirming the incident, the Borno State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Gideon Jibrin, said the reports of the killing in Mafoni ward was received on Tuesday morning.

He said Mafoni is one of the black spots identified by the joint task force and police.

“It is a place where some members of the Boko Haram sect use as a hideout and from where they launch attacks on other parts of Maiduguri metropolis, “Jubrin stated.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/gunmen-kill-evangelist-maiduguri-nation
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ifihearam: 10:01am On Aug 08, 2012
Na wa ooo
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Lordave: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2012
This is wat prophet muhammad (pbuh) calls true jihad

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by gegee(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2012
so the security operatives know the black spots yet attacks still happen everyday...... whether we live or die we are the lords

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by sylve11: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2012
So many things r happening, the ones we knw and the ones we do not know. Where are we heading to as a nation? I think only God knows. cool

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Lordave: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2012
For those of you that always post 'God help us, I'm sure you have known how God helped the evangelist'. God helps those that help themselves. RIP sir. But you should have vacated that hell fire called Maidugri

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by gramci: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2012
Handiwork of virgin seekers
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2012
I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE STILL ASK WHERE WE R HEADING TO AS A NATION. CANT U SEE IT. WE ARE HEADING FOR A VERY BLOODY END. CANNIBALISM SHALL BE THE ORDER OF THE DAY.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by chillaz(f): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2012
Sad...R.I.p
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by aryzgreat: 10:09am On Aug 08, 2012
They killed u bc of ur faith but they could not kill ur soul, RIP! The jihadists must surely answer for their deeds.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ANYPEN(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2012
He was given a warning to leave before taking him-out but he said God protects still he failed to realize that the warning was part of God's protection. He should have been killed without warning nah!

He clearly acted without wisdom!
May his soul rest in Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Detongue: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Those saying bh is not religious should tell christains one iman dat hv been killed

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ifihearam: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2012
chillaz: Jesus couldn't save him this Time.... Poor man, R.I.P

You are a fool...so u prefer muhaMAD's theory(shit be on him)abi?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by greall1: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2012
war Zone
Well R.I.P
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ifihearam: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2012
ANY-PEN :
He was given a warning to leave before taking him-out but he said God protects still he failed to realize that the warning was part of God's protection. He should have been killed without warning nah!

He clearly acted without wisdom!
May his soul rest in Peace!

Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ANYPEN(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2012
chillaz: Sad...R.I.p

Jesus saves all the time!
It is one thing to kill the spirit, it is another to kill the body.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by mallorca(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2012
Detongue: Those saying bh is not religious should tell christains one iman dat hv been killed
cry cry cry cry Boko haram is simple winning
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Goldenheart(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2012
Lordave: For those of you that always post 'God help us, I'm sure you have known how God helped the evangelist'. God helps those that help themselves. RIP sir. But you should have vacated that hell fire called Maidugri
u are so lost dude.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Libkid(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2012
I think its high time govt see to d fact that another census is conducted in nigeria to enable us knw hw many souls dis virgin seekers don waste

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Excelboi(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2012
[Quote]How sad, Jesus couldn't save him this time around...[/quote]
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ifyalways(f): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2012
Na wao.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Detongue: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2012
mallorca:
cry cry cry cry Boko haram is simple winning

Time will tell
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Libkid(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2012
Excelboi: [Quote]How sad, Jesus couldn't save him this time around...
wat do u mean by dat anti-christ.JESUS DOES EVERYtin 4 a reason
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by alaoeri: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2012
Keep sayings this what happening in nigeria is high level of conspiracy to distabilised the country, the name BH have been hijacked by some set of ppl suspecting outsider's hands in this or why 'll sokoto, maiduguri, bauchi, yobe, kano, kaduna & kogi 'll be attacked simultaneously & ωε 'll be thinking its the same BH created by yussuf. Trying to distabilized the country through the opium of ppl which is religion, the earlier ωε realised & rise to the challenges the better to avoid another syria in making. May God saves 9ja.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by honiye(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2012
This is so sad, is it a crime to be a christian? I actually cried this morning reading the story of the Deeper life church attack in okene. We now in live in a country where people are killed for serving God and believing in what they believe. This is sad and the so called CAN are not doing anything, they keep calling on the government that has failed to help them. I think at this point, they should go for plan B, the church should defend themselves, this govt has failed them, the church has the duty of protecting lives of worshippers. Christians should come together and defend themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ANYPEN(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2012
Lordave: This is wat prophet muhammad (pbuh) calls true jihad

I don't understand. killing chritians in Muslims territory? Is that what he calls Jihad?

For supporting this act, you're no any better than the killer & I think security operatives should be able able to locate people like you for more information!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by go4value(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2012
my people perish for lack of......

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by killuminati(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2012
ifihearam:

You are a fool...so u prefer muhaMAD's theory(shit be on him)abi?
may Allah forgives you!
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2012
Gunmen This Gunmen that ,,,Bokoharam Gej Very soon we shall be hearing stickmen kills switching over to Plan B
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 08, 2012
Detongue: Those saying bh is not religious should tell christains one iman dat hv been killed

Boko Haram has killed several Islamic clerics who condemned their attacks. They simply don't tolerate opposition or criticism.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by Ejovwoke(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2012
Where are we heading,God help us.
Re: Gunmen Kill Evangelist In Maiduguri by ebamma(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2012
may the end of osama bin laden befall all bokoharam members in jesus name

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Crazy Routines Nigerian Soldiers Go Through To Be Recruited In The Army(pics / Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor / Court Orders National Assembly To Halt Edo Assembly Takeover Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.