Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? (23205 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Pictures of Jonathan's Transformation Rails. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by ajbabs(m): 1:42am On Aug 08, 2012
Power generation hit a peak capacity of 4,237 megawatts on Monday, excluding spinning reserves. Minister of Power, Prof. Bart Nnaji, described the figure as the highest power output ever generated and supplied in Nigeria to date.

Nnaji, according to a statement issued by the Ministry of Power, announced the development to his ministry’s directors on Tuesday. He attributed the sharp increase to gas availability and praised the Nigeria Gas Company and the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, for delivering on the promise to supply gas to the thermal plants. “Gas is coming up gradually and when fully stabilised, we can easily hit 5,000MW,” he said.

Nnaji also said that although water levels had also improved at the dams, hydro power plant managers at Kainji, Jebba and Shiroro were operating a management system designed to ensure that there is water for power all year round. “We can have more (power) if we decide to use what is available at Shiroro, for example, but we do not want to do that,” he said.

The minister said he was also pleased that the transmission backbone had been able to wheel the power produced effortlessly.

When President Goodluck Jonathan assumed office in May, 2010, the quantum of power generated in Nigeria was about 2,800MW. The figure spiked by 1,000MW within one year, mostly through recoveries from existing plant capacities. By January 2012, the generation capacity peaked to about 4,100MW.

The minister had in April promised that there would be considerable improvement in power supply from the end of July 2012 because of the scheduled increase in natural gas supply from the Nigerian Gas Company, a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, and in the volume of water at the lakes in the nation’s three hydro power stations at Kainji, Shiroro and Jebba.

www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-hit-4237mw-on-monday-nnaji/

We are not yet serious about power issue despite billions of dollar that has been wasted on this project .
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 1:57am On Aug 08, 2012
God Bless GEJ!
God Bless Barth Nnaji!
Fresh Air! cool

31 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by GreenJ(m): 2:20am On Aug 08, 2012
Only hear of it on news!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by iykak47: 2:22am On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf: God Bless GEJ!
God Bless Barth Nnaji!
Fresh Air! cool
Bros you can say that again, cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Johndoe100(m): 2:28am On Aug 08, 2012
[size=16pt]Where is KOBOJUNKIE? the silly girl should bring her under utilized kitty (I hope she has one[/size] shocked[size=16pt]) and read this.[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by KayDee4: 2:48am On Aug 08, 2012
[size=13pt]Impressive !!!! cool cool cool . I hope they keep it up and it actually translates to lit-up towns and cities. [/size]
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 08, 2012
Yeah, like I've always said, he will give you electricity, then he will bless you with life Presidency too.

Electricity is your right. Use the light to fire up your computers and read your constitution and fight against corruption. Thats what you need to be doing instead of thanking Government for doing their job as if they are doing you favors.

34 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 3:33am On Aug 08, 2012
Johndoe100: [size=16pt]Where is KOBOJUNKIE? the silly girl should bring her under utilized kitty (I hope she has one[/size] shocked[size=16pt]) and read this.[/size]

Look I am not your mother. I have told you that several times so go find your mother, and her kitty somewhere else, imbe-cile!

imbe-cile: a person who goes around refering to his mother's kitty and issues pertaining to it.

10 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On Aug 08, 2012
“Gas is coming up gradually and when fully stabilised, we can easily hit 5,000MW,” he said.

If true, then it means our billions of dollars in investments are finally paying some dividends.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by uncleu(m): 4:01am On Aug 08, 2012
Johndoe100: [size=16pt]Where is KOBOJUNKIE? the silly girl should bring her under utilized kitty (I hope she has one[/size] shocked[size=16pt]) and read this.[/size]
You took words out of my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by GAR3TH(m): 4:14am On Aug 08, 2012
Do get your hopes up just yet, the article stated that Electrical generation Spiked to 4237MW. It didnt say electric generation is stabilized at 4237MW. For those of you who dont know electricity generation fluctuates based on a number of factors. A better number to go by is the Average MW of electricity generated, which they did not announce.

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by onatisi(m): 4:28am On Aug 08, 2012
why are ppl jubilating ,the guy said power GENERATION THAT DOESNT MEAN IT IS BEEN DISTRIBUTED EFFECTIVELY,what about effective power distribution wht is the purpose of having 50000mgw and yet not been able to distribute it to ppl,nd for those jubilting do you know the power genertion of ghana for just 26million ppl ?or that of sa?we should be ashamed nigeria should have passed the stage of jubliating of 6kmw when smaller countries are already on 16 to 20kmw and yet not satisfied and they re not jubilating

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by emiye(m): 5:01am On Aug 08, 2012
i think the 40 laptops are conducting jubilation simulation test.......

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Beaf: 6:42am On Aug 08, 2012
emiye: i think the 40 laptops are conducting jubilation simulation test.......

Fresh Air wan kill winsh!!
Next winsh please! grin

Kpuho! Kpuho!! Kpuho!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2012
FRESH AIR, FRESHER AIR, FRESHEST OXYGEN - GOODLUCK NIGERIA
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Euroclydon(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2012
Very good development!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Lisa1: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2012
It is amazing!
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by abouzaid: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2012
Cyber space propaganda. Since i was born, i have been hearing that nigeria electricity generation is increasing and black outs will soon be a thing of the past. The truth is that electricity generation improves during the rainy reason and falls during the dry season. The small improvement noticed now is because the lakes at the hydropower stations contain more water now and once we enter the dry season, we will loose all that extra output. They is no cause for celebration. Besides poorly administrated distribution networks mean that it's not all nigerians that gain from the momentary increase.

13 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by maclatunji: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf: God Bless GEJ!
God Bless Barth Nnaji!
Fresh Air! cool

Figures do not mean anything when your electricity is still unstable and unreliable. The solution is to dispose of PHCN and its successor companies to competent private companies in a properly regulated market as soon as possible. You guys keep coming-up with these threads but I still had to use my generator last night. So what on earth are your yapping about?

Figures were also bandied-about by Yar'adua, Obasanjo and those before them. I can almost guarantee you that 2015 will come and there will not be any remarkable change in electricity supply. You guys will still be asking for "more time" to "complete work" on this "never-ending project".

#Utterrubbish.

12 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by maclatunji: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2012
abouzaid: Cyber space propaganda. Since i was born, i have been hearing that nigeria electricity generation is increasing and black outs will soon be a thing of the past. The truth is that electricity generation improves during the rainy reason and falls during the dry season. The small improvement noticed now is because the lakes at the hydropower stations contain more water now and once we enter the dry season, we will loose all that extra output. They is no cause for celebration. Besides poorly administrated distribution networks mean that it's not all nigerians that gain from the momentary increase.

I tire my brother O.
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by MurphyT1: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2012
this a good one, but de shud try to make it circulate to all nooks and crany of the country, though d r alots of improvment where i stay..kudos GEJ, i pray u hav the wisdom t tackle the challenges b4 u
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by hillsate: 11:00am On Aug 08, 2012
Nigerians very gullible. How many times are we going to celebrate so called "peaking" of electricity generation only to crash back to 827MW with very lame excuses.
What is the celebration about when it does not get to the end user. You generate a momentarily 4200MW and less than 30% is what gets to the end user. Is that not wastage. We have more problems in transmission than generation. GEJ only wants to justify the increase in electricity tariff with this propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Korrection(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2012
in as much as GEJ is messing up big time...i have experienced this power of a thing being constant...my generating set has never been put on for weeks now...i think i want to have malaria on this cos it has never happen in this country...well lets pray it stays...

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by warrior01: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2012
Let the haters keep hating; who send bad belle people

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2012
Almost 4days of uninterrupted light in my area and still counting........

My generator has been on vacation for weeks

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
GAR3TH: Do get your hopes up just yet, the article stated that Electrical generation Spiked to 4237MW. It didnt say electric generation is stabilized at 4237MW. For those of you who dont know electricity generation fluctuates based on a number of factors. A better number to go by is the Average MW of electricity generated, which they did not announce.

I agree. Question for you, what agency does one contact for that number? I am tired of waiting for @Netotse to show up to give us updates .
Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Kobojunkie: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
uncle u: You took words out of my mouth.

Well, like I told him, Look I am not your mother. I have told you that several times so go find your mother, and her kitty somewhere else, imbe-cile!

imbe-cile: a person who goes around refering to his mother's kitty and issues pertaining to it.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Super1759: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
GreenJ: Only hear of it on news!
its not just on news.I was suprise then I visited my parents. They normally have power supply maybe 2hours daily but.right now the power is constant and its outtage dosent last long. A good thing shaaa

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by uzomagic(m): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
onatisi: why are ppl jubilating ,the guy said power GENERATION THAT DOESNT MEAN IT IS BEEN DISTRIBUTED EFFECTIVELY,what about effective power distribution wht is the purpose of having 50000mgw and yet not been able to distribute it to ppl,nd for those jubilting do you know the power genertion of ghana for just 26million ppl ?or that of sa?we should be ashamed nigeria should have passed the stage of jubliating of 6kmw when smaller countries are already on 16 to 20kmw and yet not satisfied and they re not jubilating
This is not just about figures. We are witnessing actual improvement in power supply and we are sure it is not happening by chance. Somebody is behind it and credit must be given when due. The power reform programme is ongoing and I believe Barth Nnaji can see it thru.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by uzomagic(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
maclatunji:

Figures do not mean anything when your electricity is still unstable and unreliable. The solution is to dispose of PHCN and its successor companies to competent private companies in a properly regulated market as soon as possible. You guys keep coming-up with these threads but I still had to use my generator last night. So what on earth are your yapping about?

Figures were also bandied-about by Yar'adua, Obasanjo and those before them. I can almost guarantee you that 2015 will come and there will not be any remarkable change in electricity supply. You guys will still be asking for "more time" to "complete work" on this "never-ending project".

#Utterrubbish.
Dear Hater, we are witnessing remarkable improvement in power supply and testimonies are coming in from all over the Country. The issue is to sustain the reforms. Barth Nnaji and this administration are doing well with power and with the unbundling of the distribution process, things are set to improve.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Rossikk(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
uzomagic: This is not just about figures. We are witnessing actual improvement in power supply and we are sure it is not happening by chance. Somebody is behind it and credit must be given when due. The power reform programme is ongoing and I believe Barth Nnaji can see it thru.

ABSOLUTELY.

The figures given tally with the actual experience of Nigerians on ground.

Congrats to all involved in these improvements and more grease to their elbows.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th: Jonathan Transformation? by Ufeolorun(m): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
What a psychiatric game,you came in,depleted power level and now that your incapacitated sense is fixing what you destroyed we now have to rejoice and appreciate you for fixing what you broke.

Well adupe o. at least awa laptops batteries wont run out soon grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria In Deep Economic Trouble: “FG, States, LGs Share N518.5bn For June” / Court Remands Babangida Aliyu In Prison Custody / Kankara School Register Shows 668 Schoolboys Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.