Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. (1210 Views)

Trailer Of "Awakening": A Nigerian Dark Thriller / Knight Rider: Kitt Spec Breakdown! / The Dark Knight Rises Better Than The Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by ezicat: 3:44am On Aug 08, 2012
Rant time: I expected so much more from the second installment of the series. The story was good, but, BUT

1) Don't planes have radars to sense the approach of other planes? You know, to prevent to-close-for-comfort air collisions (a simple radar jamming dialogue would have cleared that up!)
2) At cruising altitudes, when you shoot out the windows...shouldn't it depressurize? Maybe they weren't at cruising altitude yet because the air ninjas certainly weren't dressed accordingly (again, quick dialogue required).
And that was at the BEGINNING of the movie.
3) She breaking out of a women's jail is NOT enough justification to put her into a male prison (rights anyone?) Okay, it was a special jail; again, brief dialogue to indicate that it was co-ed.
4) Oh, and the women's depiction in the movie? Actually, what women? Cat woman and the betrayer you saw coming a mile away (no, I wasn't surprised at that plot twist) were pretty much the only women around? Virtually the entire police force is underground and none appear to be women. Right. Sure thing.
5) An atomic bomb goes off a few miles off-shore without the shock wave reaching the city; it goes out over water with no tsunamis. Or, ad there is no sign of radiation poisoning. I'm not a nuclear physicist, but you'd think something capable of taking out an entire city would pack a bit more mph!

And those just scratch the surface.

You know, hollywood, sometimes. I might expect this from the B-listers, but seriously, do your fracking research so it doesn't ruin a good story!
Re: Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by VillageBoi(m): 6:21am On Aug 08, 2012
I here ya, I also felt the film was bland but not on any of the points you mentioned. Your point 1, 2 & 3 suggested fixes are exactly what's wrong with 'our' films - dialogue, dialogue, dialogue, dialogue, dialogue & more dialogue (talking bodies & heads & nothing else). Film is about showing not telling. Our Naija film makers dey explain tire because they assume the audience is dumb or maybe they are just not good enough! My own small rant.
Re: Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by yoji: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2012
@ poster: I can c dat even though u knew d logical answers to d questions u were askin, u problem is dat there was no dialogue to explain. That's lame in my opinion since u were not watchin a cartoon. Next thin u'l say is dat u didn't batman buyin fuel and dat a little dialogue on his power source shud hv xplained it. Listen, its ok if u don't like d movie, jus say so, stop attributin silly reasons for them. For movie that movie was a classic and brings to conclusion an epic trilogy. U conviniently ignored the clever plot twists, u ignored the depth given to the alfred and bruce wayne relationship, u ignored how batmans lack of fear which shud b a good thin for a superhero bcame detrimental, etc my guy if u give me even titanic or avatar I can pick a million holes in them so stop fussing
Re: Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by ezicat: 1:33am On Aug 14, 2012
You lot are funny. Ever heard that people are entitled to their opinions? Including you, unfortunately. "Silly", "lame" etc are all relative. I also won't be drawn into a slippery slope argument, or concede that it's okay for one not to like something but not okay for the same said individual to the give the reasons why. Now, that seems silly to me.

I'm of the opinion that a good movie should neither be overwhelmed or underwhelmed by the excess or lack of details, respectively. The Dark Knight, in my opinion, lacked a few things that would have made it a good movie. As my topic said, it was tepid; some things were done well (and you've outlined a few of them), and some things weren't (and I've outlined a few of those).

I'm out.
Re: Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by Bawss1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
The OP obviously isn't a batman fan. Despite the flaws that the Dark Knight Rises contained it didn't make the movie any less interesting.

There isn't any hit movie that doesn't have flaws, heck there are sites devoted to spotting movie mistakes(i.e http://www.moviemistakes.com/)and I dare say all the great movies of recent times are listed on those sites. Saving Private Ryan, Titanic, The Matrix, Inception. . . all those great movies contained some mistake in one detail or the other yet they were still critically acclaimed. This latest batman offering is a great movie despite any mistakes in details; it is anything but tepid.

P.S Dark Knight Rises is the third installment of the series not the second.
Re: Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by leixinai: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2012
Film is about showing not telling. Our Naija film makers dey explain tire because they assume the audience is dumb or maybe they are just not good enough! My own small rant.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Dark Knight? More Like Tepid Knight. by Enoquin(f): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
I agree with the OP that it was tepid even though our reasons are not quite the same...that's my opinion. The end though at the cafe was nice but the story was just there...and no, I wouldn't like to watch it again...

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Plays A Young School Girl In New Nollywood Comedy / A Thread For Viewers Of How I Met Your Mother / This Zee World And Telemundo Must Be REMOVED!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.