Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (29895 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
salsera:

yep, Thats pretty much what I got from that thread I told you about. Start applying for the grad positions now, this quarter is employment season.
By the way, I saw one internship for your course, will send it to you.

Ok. Send it.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 13, 2012
I just receive my admission letter for January section for university of Wolverhampton
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by richeyy(m): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2012
fados4sure: I just receive my admission letter for January section for university of Wolverhampton

Congratulations! The thing now is getting the required funds into your account and the funds should be in by end of October if you really want your visa in December
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 13, 2012
richeyy:

Congratulations! The thing now is getting the required funds into your account and the funds should be in by end of October if you really want your visa in December
if they can send my CAS next week i will apply for visa next week because all the money is in my account already.
They said i should make a payment of £5000 why the balance and £7200 will be in my account. The money has been in my account since July..
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
fados4sure: I just receive my admission letter for January section for university of Wolverhampton

ur welcome we dey w'hampton dey wait u, all d best...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
omopapa:

ur welcome we dey w'hampton dey wait u, all d best...
Are you in Wolverhampton? How is life, cost of living in Wolverhampton? Are there jobs there? A friend of mine said i should stay in either Coventry or Birmingham.. Where will you advise me to stay?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
fados4sure:
Are you in Wolverhampton? How is life, cost of living in Wolverhampton? Are there jobs there? A friend of mine said i should stay in either Coventry or Birmingham.. Where will you advise me to stay?

Yea I'm in wolves, lyf here is cool, nice people vry hospitable. Cost of living is as normal 4 oda outside london cities. Couple of jobs around depends on Ʊ, care jobs, cleaning, delivery (personal car with Uk driving experinece mayb required) W'hampton to birmingham is bou 1:25mins by train bt 35mins with ur personal car. Its cheaper n easier 2 stay in Wolves... Hope dah helps? Cheers
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
omopapa:

Yea I'm in wolves, lyf here is cool, nice people vry hospitable. Cost of living is as normal 4 oda outside london cities. Couple of jobs around depends on Ʊ, care jobs, cleaning, delivery (personal car with Uk driving experinece mayb required) W'hampton to birmingham is bou 1:25mins by train bt 35mins with ur personal car. Its cheaper n easier 2 stay in Wolves... Hope dah helps? Cheers
Thanks...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by uulove(f): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
@omopapa,I am looking for cheap accommodation close to city campus for 200pounds per month bills inclusive.Any suggestions?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 18, 2012
omopapa:

Another friend of mine told me that i should forget about Wolves that in his class, there are only two white students why the other students are all black and some of their lecturals are not happy. Na truth?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
uulove: @omopapa,I am looking for cheap accommodation close to city campus for 200pounds per month bills inclusive.Any suggestions?

I doubt if Ʊ will get such, bt with 250 Ʊ will b fine. Are Ʊ in wolves already or nt. If Ʊ are I may talk 2my landlady she has couple of houses she manage here.

1 Like

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
fados4sure:
Another friend of mine told me that i should forget about Wolves that in his class, there are only two white students why the other students are all black and some of their lecturals are not happy. Na truth?

I wuldnt knw bou dat cus I'm nt in his class bt with my own experience here, dey dnt discriminate, even if dey do dey dnt show it. They even respect Ʊ 4 paying such huge amt 4 tuition. Infact as part of our registration dia was an online equality n diveristy test Ʊ must pass 4full enrolment. Ʊ continue doin d test until Ʊ pass it. They are vry friendlly n I could rmba my course leader emphasising dah if Ʊ dnt understand any lecturer's accent or anytin in class feel free 2 say it n ask questions. Ʊ shldnt feel intimidated...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by uulove(f): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
@Omopapa I will be in town by tues d 23rd.will your landlady allow 2 people to share?If she will,pls let me know so I can give you my friend's contact so that she can check up the accommodation.I will be sharing with her.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 11:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
uulove:
@Omopapa I will be in town by tues d 23rd.will your landlady allow 2 people to share?If she will,pls let me know so I can give you my friend's contact so that she can check up the accommodation.I will be sharing with her.

Will make enquiries 4u, av sent my email 2ur inbox add me on fb or send me a mail 4easy communication...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by uulove(f): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2012
@Omopapa ok I have done that
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
I got admission for my top up program from Coventry University and University of Wolverhampton Mechanical engineering and i want to make my tuition deposit to enable me process the visa. Please which of the above university will i choose and why?
2ndly, consider the following;
where there are more jobs,
highly rank university among the two,
more of White than Black people
cost of living...
Your humble opinion will be highly appreciated.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 11:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
@Fados4sure....am currently in coventry,i jst came here abt 3weeks ago now, life here is cool, lots of naija here, although have not gotten a job yet cos of the NI thing. i got a house 4days i entered here for 260pm bills inclusive, sum ppl get lesser rent and sum 300-400pounds, its all depends. i can assure you , u'll get all u need here..but note; coventry uni is cool, but sometimes it all abt individual interest..coventry is jst abt 15-20mins to b/harm by train nd it cost 3-4pounds.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 23, 2012
albertseun: @Fados4sure....am currently in coventry,i jst came here abt 3weeks ago now, life here is cool, lots of naija here, although have not gotten a job yet cos of the NI thing. i got a house 4days i entered here for 260pm bills inclusive, sum ppl get lesser rent and sum 300-400pounds, its all depends. i can assure you , u'll get all u need here..but note; coventry uni is cool, but sometimes it all abt individual interest..coventry is jst abt 15-20mins to b/harm by train nd it cost 3-4pounds.
thks
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by dexter101: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2012
Anyone in Warwick?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by switima: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Anyone in University of Greenwich
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by phlamy(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2013
'
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 5:32am On Jan 17, 2013
phlamy: I guess it has been an eventful 1st semester. Happy New year to everyone. How is the system compared to your first degree

Happy New Year, Phlamy! I literally am still trying to catch my breath after first semester; engineering no be beans for UK o...lol. Good to see old timers coming on here. I checked the main visa page and the only recognizable name is still the one JUSTWISE.... Where are them Donxavier, Salsera, FutureDon, Penfold, Darkchild, Atlantis85, omopapa, charles.E, Honey86, Steph7, holloziggi(dat 1 dey my school, lol)...too many to mention!! May God bless and crown all our efforts in Jesus' name. I hail o
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by peteafrik88(m): 5:06am On Jan 18, 2013
University of Portsmouth... Business Enterprise Development (Undergraduate)
Still waiting for my visa though, applied on the 28th of December... Any1 in the house

1 Like

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
kunlewoye:

Happy New Year, Phlamy! I literally am still trying to catch my breath after first semester; engineering no be beans for UK o...lol. Good to see old timers coming on here. I checked the main visa page and the only recognizable name is still the one JUSTWISE.... Where are them Donxavier, Salsera, FutureDon, Penfold, Darkchild, Atlantis85, omopapa, charles.E, Honey86, Steph7, holloziggi(dat 1 dey my school, lol)...too many to mention!! May God bless and crown all our efforts in Jesus' name. I hail o

Bro i guess everyone is busy with studies and hustling though most people disappear after they get wah dey want. May God rant our hrt desires n dnt make our coming 2d UK vanity. Hope ur good brov
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by phlamy(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wow, good to know and you can imagine,in few months time everything would be over.And everyman is back home for those are are coming back though.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 1:08am On Jan 19, 2013
kunlewoye:

Hey Boss, you alright? I've not been to this part of nairaland in a long time. I must confess, Naija system of education is totally different from what they have here. It took me a few weeks to adapt to their teaching style.

In conclusion, education is fun here smiley!!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 10:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
omopapa:

Bro i guess everyone is busy with studies and hustling though most people disappear after they get wah dey want. May God rant our hrt desires n dnt make our coming 2d UK vanity. Hope ur good brov

Amen o! I'm very well, bruh....

phlamy: Wow, good to know and you can imagine,in few months time everything would be over.And everyman is back home for those are are coming back though.
Yes o, in no time, mate.

FutureDon:

Hey Boss, you alright? I've not been to this part of nairaland in a long time. I must confess, Naija system of education is totally different from what they have here. It took me a few weeks to adapt to their teaching style.

In conclusion, education is fun here smiley!!
I dey o, my chief.... of course, it would be different! Did you expect the same thing? LoL. Omo, I no gree with that fun bit o.... Engineering for Salford no be fun at all!! Humongous workload: Countless assignments, Labs, presentations, discussion classes.... I didn't know what to expect but now I know. Well primed for 2nd sem.

Good to read comments from you guyz.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by abba22s(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
peteafrik88: University of Portsmouth... Business Enterprise Development (Undergraduate)
Still waiting for my visa though, applied on the 28th of December... Any1 in the house
Sir did u pay d deposit or full tuition?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Alberta12(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by peteafrik88(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
abba22s:
Sir did u pay d deposit or full tuition?

I didnt pay d full deposit but paid above the given deposit.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ukay2: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=RipPer99]Coventry University..MSC petroleum and Enviromental technonolgy...plz holla at me if U're going to Coventry...Suzie Somers[/quot

thanks dear, am coming to coventry university for Msc international business january 2014. Pls how is part time work and accommodation like. Am self sponsored. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 / Speeding Car Rams Into Billboard In Lagos, Catches Fire (photos) / How Garrison Flyover Solved Perennial Traffic Logjam In Port Harcourt (Pix Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.