Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. (3145 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. / Drop Your Fascinating Bible Verses Here------ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2007
Go speak, and Go prophecy"'
Body: Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones,
and say to them,
==‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to speak what
the lord has said unto me"
Many of us know this story.
Its a true story and its
the time when Ezekiel the prophet of God was
led by the hand of God into the midst of valley
and in spirit of the lord: and it was full of bones.

Then He caused him to pass by them all around,
and behold, there were very many in the open valley;
and indeed they were very dry.

And He said to him , “Son of man, can these bones live?”

Then he Ezekiel then answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.

Now look at the beginning of this bulletin what he said to him:
Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones,
and say to them,
==‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!
Halleluah somebody reading this"
THE LORD TODAY IS TELLING US, TO GO PROPHECY
TO ALL DRY BONES.

What does the lord wants us to prophecy;
Go speak that===Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.

I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you,
cover you with skin and put breath in you;
and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.
”’”

Now go just speak to those dry bones as the word says.

But above all in this message, its all about God's WORD:
The lord said to Ezekiel that Speak and say that.

"O DRY BONES, HEAR THE WORD OF GOD"

This means its only God's word, which can bring life
to those dry bones.

Its God' s word we need to speak upon any dry bones
be4 us:
There is much power in the word.

We all know that its the word that we live:
And my bible tells me that:=
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things were made through Him,
and without Him nothing was made that was made.
"
{John 1-1-5}
So the moment u begin to speak a word of God UPON
those dry bones, it means u're talking about God.

Speaking God's word upon dry bones, know and understand
that u're telling them how Big your God is"
And nothing can fight against his word.

Then today i don't know what your dry bones may look like,
I don't even know what u're going through / where u're now.

But one thing i believe is that when u apply Faith and Trust
in God, plus Prophecying his word , Dry bones will live again
in jesus mighty name.

And this is what the man of God says when he did so.

=So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied,
there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling;
and the bones came together, bone to bone.
"

Do we see?? He believed in what the lord spoke to him.

He then did as it said.

But do u know that so many times we are only hearlers of
the word not doers.
And the bible refuse us to only hear!!
Even Right now, many of us, we have heard this message
and we are not going to do as it has said" !!
BUT IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, THE LIVING GOD WE SERVE,
LETS US ARISE AND PROPHECY UPON THOSE DRY BONES
AROUND US"
They might be Dry bones in your Bussiness, In your Family,
They might be dry bones in your ministry, In your Studies,
In your Friends, they might be Financially dry bones:
Call it whatever you want, But today lets us join together in
one spirit of God and with Faith, and prophecy upon them"
Its God's word that will cause a change.

The lord is Faithful and he is able. His word is a Real Fire.

His word like a hummmer which breaks Rocks.

His word is a real Fire.

Go, Go, Go, now and prophecy against your problems.

Go prophecy against your challenges.

Go prophecy against your debts.

Go speak upon that sickness.

Go speak upon that Mountain be4 you in jesus mighty name.

Go say to your situation, that my God is able and he is a
consuming Fire.

Go tell your enemies, that all things are possible.

Go tell your haters, that with God, iam safe.

SPeak in jesus name.

Prophecy and you will see what next"
Say AMEN"

Ezekiel tells us that=So I prophesied as He commanded me,
and breath came into them, and they lived,
and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

O' MY GOD" Do u really see the power of the lord??
As the lord has commanded you and me today, if we
do all what he has said, soon testimonies are on the way
coming.

AMEN.

I Love you and praying 4 u daily in jesus mighty name.

Happy new year and God bless u.

{Ambassador 4 christ} Tony

sharing the word people, someone sent this stuff to me on MYSPACE!!!,

if u guys (christians), have any other inspirational bible verses feel free
to post here on this thread,  grin grin
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by NextProdigy(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2007
1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of GOD overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our FAITH.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2007
True True, Got this bible verse from facebook.

December 19, 2007

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person -- such a man is an idolater -- has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Ephesians 5:3-5

(i think) this verse is basically saying we should try our very best not to use swear words i.e f***, b***h, (i am not one to jugde yeah, but i have seen lots of swear words on this nairaland, please people i know its hard, especially when you get angry, but just try. I fall a victim a times. Sometimes when i listen to rap music, i personally love Kanye west, at times i just cencore the swear words.) most times we say God d**m, its calling his name in vain, so guys (myself inclusive), lets try okSatan is a love-vendor, do not be his Ho', k.

speaking of sexual immorality; hmm, ok, i accuse myself of this also, there are most things we do, or say that just describe this (don't ask me, you know what this means). It also has to do with the way we dress, speak, dance etc,  Me saying i accuse myself dozn't mean i'm proud of sinning u know, its just that most times we tend to forget that we are actually sinning, so we need to snap back to what the scriptures say, and pray that God would help us resist unGodly things yeah, and also ask for his forgiveness,
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by NextProdigy(m): 10:46am On Dec 20, 2007
You're d bomb grl. Word! Let's dwell on the positive cos the problem of sin has been dealt with when Christ died on the cross. Sin has no hold over the new man anymore but the problem now is Sin consciousness which prevents man from acting his faith. Sin is darkness and Righteousness is light. The light shines brightest in the darkness and u know John1:5 the darkness can't comprehend it. Let's forge ahead and have a righteousness consciousness and this will determine the way we think, speak and act.
Your thoughts control your words; your words control your actions and your actons control your destiny. Let's think right, speak right and Live right. Love y'all. cheesy
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2007
NextProdigy:

You're d bomb girl. Word! Let's dwell on the positive because the problem of sin has been dealt with when Christ died on the cross. Sin has no hold over the new man anymore but the problem now is Sin consciousness which prevents man from acting his faith. Sin is darkness and Righteousness is light. The light shines brightest in the darkness and u know John1:5 the darkness can't comprehend it. Let's forge ahead and have a righteousness consciousness and this will determine the way we think, speak and act.
Your thoughts control your words; your words control your actions and your actons control your destiny. Let's think right, speak right and Live right. Love y'all. cheesy

You explain it well, rai' on!! grin
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 21, 2007
1 Pe1:13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon
the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1Pe 1:14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance;

1Pe 1:15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,

1Pe 1:16 because it is written, "Be holy, for I am holy."
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by NextProdigy(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2007
Came across this piece on a website and thought to share it.

* First attach ourselves to Scripture. God said it, that settles it!
* Second, attach yourself to spiritual growth. Do something today to increase your spiritual muscle – pray, praise God, speak His Word, give something away.
* Third, attach yourself to correction. We all need to change. Do not misinterpret correction as rejection. We all need to make adjustments that will lead to greater progress in our lives with God.
* Fourth, attach yourself to the presence of God. We come into His presence by the blood of Jesus, not because we feel we’ve earned that right. Worship Him, speak to Him, listen to Him, and great joy will fill your life.
* Finally, attach yourself to the Body of Christ. This is how the anointing flows from the head down as David speaks of in Psalm 133. As you attach yourself to the anointing, it will remove burdens and destroy yokes in your life. How do you do that? By attaching yourself to a healthy church and a teaching ministry.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2007
December 21, 2007

Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law.

Psalm 94:12

This one is kinda confusing, it could mean different things at the same time, lemme give my own explanation, using an example;
Ok my example; a righteous person yeah, once was really successful and comfortable with life, then slowly he started turning
away from God
, (Now God's love for us is so much that he can do anything to bring us back to him, even if it means us suffering,
or being sorrowful, back to the story)
, now, this man got divorced, was ill, and then things wern't goin well for him in his job, now dis was wen he remebered hu gave him the Job, wife and Good health, It was God, he asked God for forgiveness, gave what he could spare
to the needy, God being the wonderful, merciful, loving and only living God that he is, Forgave this man and blessed him again, this time
even more than he had before,
(I hope y'all understand what i am driving at),

Bless you All!!!!!!!!!,
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2007
December 22, 2007
"You, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."
Micah 5:2

Y'all already know what this ones about rite?, well for those who don't know, its the proclamation
of the coming of our saviour Jesus Christ, (nuff sed),

christmas is rite around the corner, can't wait, aaagh i can already smell my sugar cookies,
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2007
December 24, 2007
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" -- which means, "God with us."
Matthew 1:23
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2007
December 26, 2007
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
John 1:12-13

This has to do with being born again, when som1 says u shuld be born again, dey dont mean u shud go bak to ur mom's
belly for 9 months agen, no, the person is saying u shuld turn a new leave, start a new life with Christ,,

Merry Christmas, !!!!!!!!!
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
December 27, 2007
Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest -- and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.Proverbs 6:6-11

I would totally refer this to beggars on the streets, especially ones that still have all the parts of thier bodies intact, but still, they are, too
lazy too work, ("A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest -- and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man"wink, literally saying, IF YOU DON'T WORK, YOU DON'T EAT,

seasons greetings
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2007
December 28, 2007
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
James 4:1-3

Ok, when i read this bible verse the first thing that came to my mind was selfishness (eg, praying for others not to succeed, praying for someone
to love/like you), Greed (eg, love of money, praying to get twice of what you have, when you haven't even worked hard enough). Imagine
praying to God for summin lyk dat? undecided
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2007
IF IT HADN'T BEEN GOD, 
Body:  If the LORD had not been on our side—
let Israel say-
if the LORD had not been on our side
when men attacked us,
when their anger flared against us,
they would have swallowed us alive
the flood would have engulfed us,

the torrent would have swept over us,
the raging waters
would have swept us away.
Praise be to the LORD,
who has not let us be torn by their teeth.

We have escaped like a bird
out of the fowler's snare;
the snare has been broken,
and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
{PSALMS 124}

Somebody pliz, praise GOD"
He has been on our side,
our enemies would have defeated us,
but because of his love and grace towards his
children, we escaped;
Halleluah"

Think about all the battles he has fought for u and I.
He is a mighty GOD and saviour.
The lord has been good to us since we were born;
He has not left us alone.
We wouldn't have been alive right now"

Praise the lord all you his saints,
Let him alone be above everything.
ABOVE WHAT WE SEE,
ABOVE ALL WE HAVE,
LET HIM BE ABOVE YOUR DAD
AND MUM.
HE MUST BE PUT FIRST BE4 ALL THINGZ.
AMEN.

Praise the living GOD for all he has done in for u.
He has done great things, works 4 us.
DO WE PAY FOR THE BREATH WE TAKE IN AND OUT?
WHAT CAN YOU GIVE TO GOD FOR THAT LIFE?
CAN You GIVE HIM YO CAR,
YO HOUSE,
YO MONEY?

"No, we can't give him any of that"
We only need to praise him and worship
his name;
He alone is GOD of all creations.
He has been mindful of us at all times.
Think about all the challenges, problems,
he has fought for you and me"
366 DAIZ!!!!!!! NOT EASY!!!, but we made it,
by his Grace.
HALLELUAH,
AMEN?

"SOMEBODY THANK GOD FOR THE BREATH You TAKE IN AND OUT"
SAY TO HIM, THANK You JESUS;
LIFT HIM HIGHER, AND WORSHIP HIM.
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME,
AND ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD.
HE WAS, HE IS AND HE WILL;
THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR HIM.
HE ALONE IS OUR HELP.

BLESSED BE THE NAME OF OUR LORD AND ROCK.
DURING THE END OF THIS YEAR, GO BE4 HIM
AND THANK HIM FOR ALL HE HAS DONE 4 You.
HE HAS BEEN ON OUR SIDE DEAR BRETHEN"

" I WILL BLESS HIS NAME AS LONG AS I STILL HAVE
BREATH"
DISCOVER THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW:
someone posted this on myspace, SHARING THE WORD
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2007
December 30, 2007
"But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Matthew 9:13

Jesus was tryna say he dint come for just the righteous but sinners too, lemme use an example. A doctor obviousli knows he isn't
goin to be treating healthy peolple when on his job. He knows he'll attend to ill/sick or sick ones.
. Another example; the good Sheperd and the
lost sheep, the good sheperd would obviously leave the others to go and look for the lost sheep. This is exactly what Jesus was driving at. . . . . .
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2007
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (NIV

Verse 11 is a powerful promise to claim when you are "in exile." God thinks about you personally and is planning for you. His plans are for peace, not war, so you need not fear the future. His plans are purposeful, so let Him work out His will. No matter how difficult your situation may be, do not waste your suffering by resisting God.

Jer-emiah was speaking to the people of Judah in a time of national disaster. The Babylonians were about to take Jerusalem and destroy the holy city. The people who heard Jeremiah's words would soon be carried from their homeland and resettled in pagan Babylon. Yet through Jeremiah, God promised that one day the Jews would return to their homeland. The national disaster was not a sign that God had abandoned them, nor should His present discipline make them give up hope. Instead, the people of Judah could take comfort in the fact that God planned to do them good. In spite of the present distress, in God they had hope and a future.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2008
4GET THE PAST===dis is 2008.
Body: "This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
who drew out the chariots and horses,

the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick: "

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
{Isaiah 43-16-19--}

Brethen, forget the failures of 2007;
This is 2008, and GOD is saying today
that he is DOING SOMETHING NEW:
DON'T YOU PERCIEVE IT?
HE IS A MIGHTY GOD AND A MIRACLE WORKER.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH HIM.

2008 is year of begining agian.
forget not the former failures,
forget the tears you cried in 2007.
forget and forgive all who wronged u back ago,
he the lord has spoken and he is not a son of
man to lie.
He is doing something new in our lives.
we are alive for a purpose.
Its not by mistake for us to be in 2008.
The devil tried but GOD had good plans for us.

"Do not dwell on the past, let nothing
make you think like u have been in 2007.
This is a new year of begining again.
Begin again all what you tried last yr.
Begin again to minister like u have never.
Bring the devil to bow down ,
Let your enemies be put to silence;
They must know who u're in the kingdom
of heaven.
We are GOD's childrens, and not of the devil.
The world must see who we serve;

Forget the past dear beloved,
don't be affraid because you failed
last year.
This is 2008, rejoice like u have never be4;
Ask GOD's hand to be upon you this year.
Be strong and of Good courage.
Seek the lord with all your soul, mind
and the body;

He will do it,because he is able.
He has promised and he will accomplish it;
YOUR'E ALIVE 4 A PURPOSE ;
ITS NOT THAT, WE KNOW HOW TO ESCAPE DEATH;
BUT ITS BY HIS GRACE AND PLANS TO US"
PRAISE HIM FOR THE BREATH U HAVE.

I love u brethen,friends and wish u a HAPPY NEW YEAR'
LET IT BE FULL OF JOY, PEACE AND LOVE 2WARDS ALL
PEOPLE;
4GET THE PAST.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by pilgrim1(f): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2008
Great job @Betty605! smiley Be encouraged and keep up the endeavour.

Happy New Year.

Proverbs 11:25

The liberal soul shall be made fat:
and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2008
Thanx!!

January 02, 2008
Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.
Proverbs 10:14
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2008
January 03, 2008
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.
James 2:8
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2008
January 04, 2008
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:4-7

Basically telling us that through the death of our lord Jesus Christ we are free from sin (but we hav to admit/confess our sins to God first, then he would forgive us. . . . . that is admitting we hav sinned coz if we don't, its lyk knowing you are sick but you don't want to tell your doctor, so tell me how he(the doctor) would give you treatment). . . .
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by pilgrim1(f): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2008
Ephesians 6:10-11

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against
the wiles of the devil.

Spiritual warfare is a reality and part of the Christian experience. It is not an option for any Christian, because the enemy does not wait for any invitation before seeking to launch his missiles against those who have embraced the love of God in Jesus Christ.

Our weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds (2 Cor. 10:4). When the Bible asks us to put on "the whole armour of God", two things come to mind:

~ God has indeed provided more than enough for us

~ It is our responsibility to claim the victory that Christ won for us.

Whatever form the enemy presents his wiles, we are made more than conquerors through Him that loved us (Romans 8:37).
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2008
1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
For John, love is not a feeling or attitude toward others. God is love (1 John 4:8, 16), and He acts in love on our behalf (1 John 4:9-10). Love, therefore, is something one does, by keeping God's commandments (1 John 2:2-5; 5:3), "in deed and in truth" (1 John 3:18), and, above all, by loving others (1 John 2:9-11; 3:10). the bible has done enuf explanation 4 dis one
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2008
Psalm 90:4
For a thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night. (NIV)
this is exactly what a thousand years in the eyes of God, this is
becoz of his eternal existence.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2008
Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (NIV)

In the light of eternity (vv. 1-4), life is brief-no matter how long you live. You need God's help to use your days wisely (v. 12) and joyfully (vv. 14-15). There is real satisfaction in doing God's will (v. 14; 1 John 2:17), revealing God's glory (v. 16) and growing in God's beauty (v. 17). In spite of the burdens of life and the brevity of life, life is worth living when you trust the Lord.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2008
January 07, 2008
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things -- and the things that are not -- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.
1 Corinthians 1:27-29

i need help with this one, coz i hav different meanings for this one.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
WHY DO WE LOVE GOD/CHRIST??
Body: "I love those who love me,
and those who seek me find me"
{prov- 8-17}

Do you love GOD because of the job
u have?
Do you love JESUS because of your wealth?
or U love him because you ate yesturday?

Do love him because of a miracle happened to yo life?
May be he gave u a handsome husband / a
beautiful lady few days back?
Do you love christ because of the annointing you
have?
I don't know why you love GOD"

BUT ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT;
" HE LOVED US BEFORE WE WERE IN OUR
MOTHERS WOMBS,
HE LOVED US AND GAVE HIS LIFE ON
THE CROSS,
DIED, BURIED,
BUT ON THE THIRD DAY HE ROSE FROM
THE DEAD"

HE LOVES YOU AND ME,ITS WHY WE ARE
STILL ALIVE.
ITS NOT THAT WE KNOW HOW 2 ESCAPE DEATH,
BUT HE LOVES US.
LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, SOUL,MIND
AND THE BODY.
FOLLOW HIS WAYS AND LOVE HIM MORE AND MORE;

HE LOVES THOSE WHO LOVE HIM AND WHOEVER
SEEKs HIM, FINDs HIM"

Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway. V-35.

35 For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the LORD.

But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
all who hate me love death."
SAYS THE LORD OUR GOD AND REDEEMER"

sharing the word, som1 sent this to me on myspace.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2008
Mark 2:27-28
Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

2:27 The Sabbath was made for man. God instituted the Sabbath to benefit man by giving him a day to rest from his labors and to be a blessing to him. The Pharisees turned it into a burden and made man a slave to their myriad of man-made regulations.
2:28 also Lord of the Sabbath. Jesus claimed He was greater than the Sabbath, and thus was God. Based on that authority, Jesus could in fact reject the Pharisaic regulations concerning the Sabbath and restore God's original intention for Sabbath observance to be a blessing not a burden.

Word meaning
Sabbath (shabbâth, "a day of rest," from shâbath, "to cease to do," "to rest"wink.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2008
Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. (NIV)

Physical exercise is important, but spiritual exercise is even more essential. Both discipline and devotion are needed to make a winning athlete and an effective Christian.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2008
January 08, 2008
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."
Psalm 91:14

This verse is from one of my favorite psalm verses in the bible.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
proverbs 3:7-8
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones. (NIV)

Solomon again turned to the need for the young man to learn from his instruction (3:1; see 2:1). Strict adherence to biblical truth will lead to a long, peaceful life (3:2), and a commitment to its principles (3:3; see Deut. 6:8; 11:18) will cause one to enjoy favor with both God and man (Prov. 3:4).

"wise in your own eyes" The phrase summarizes the idea that the human mind with its intellect and reason is independently capable of reaching a true understanding of reality, without any dependence upon God's revelation.
Re: POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. by Betty605: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2008
January 09, 2008
Every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.
Hebrews 3:4

this verse just made my day!!!!, lord i love you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi / Help!!!what Is The Best Way To Stop Your Child From Becoming An Atheist? / The Gulf(Middle-East) Has Taken In 0 Refugees- Migrant Crisis! ✘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.