Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave (2454 Views)

Proposal To The Moderator Of This Section / When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave / Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tidytim: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Just curious.

This was supposed to be a healthy topic for discussion, but the moderator has already banned over 5 people and hidden over a dozen posts.

What could be the reason ?

I wonder !!!
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by manmustwac(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
All nairaland mods have received new instructions from Seun Osewa the site owner how to deal with trolls. Please read the following.

Dear Valued Moderators, this to inform you that we're implementing a no-troll-tolerance policy with immediate effect.

A troll is a persistent trouble-maker who keeps disrupting the forum in one way or the other: e.g. consistently posting irritating offtopic comments on other peoples' threads, insulting people for no reason whatsoever, posting satellite pictures or other images that have nothing to do with anything, etc. People who make the forum unpleasant for everyone else. Some of them are spammers as well, posting adverts in non-ad sections deliberately.

I've decided that we must not permit them to troll our forum any longer. We must not tolerate them any longer.

I need you to help me implement this decision. Here's how: when a troll persistently disrupts your section, you should ban him/her from your section for 48 hours. If he repeats the offence after coming back, ban him for 96 hours. Keep doubling the ban time until he/she gets the message. If he/she registers a new ID, ban the new ID for 1 year. Don't develop the attitude that "there's nothing I can do", because it's not true: you can JUST BAN THEM from your section.

If moderators can't deal decisively with the trolls in their sections, what's the point of having moderators?

The goal is to make Nairaland a more pleasant place, so people won't be afraid to participate. People often say it takes a thick skin to post Nairaland because you will end up getting insulted and having to deal with tribal arguments and other irritations. So they post on Facebook instead. I want us to eliminate the troll problem so thoroughly that people will start to prefer posting on Nairaland to posting on Facebook.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
Fear of Fatwa (FOF).
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
If moderators can't deal decisively with the trolls in their sections, what's the point of having moderators?

The goal is to make Nairaland a more pleasant place, so people won't be afraid to participate. People often say it takes a thick skin to post Nairaland because you will end up getting insulted and having to deal with tribal arguments and other irritations. So they post on Facebook instead. I want us to eliminate the troll problem so thoroughly that people will start to prefer posting on Nairaland to posting on Facebook.

Indeed, then you need to look no further than the bandwagon of juvenile delinquent atheist trolls who have turned this forum into an utter nonsense.

However, comments in the Islam section which address the topic with factual truthfulness, void of insults and abuse , are also candidates for a ban or hiding from the general forum. Surely this is a misuse of power !!

Nairaland is fast becoming a bore for me anyway, without freedom of speech there is no point engaging in debates.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel:

Nairaland is fast becoming a bore for me anyway, without freedom of speech there is no point engaging in debates.
then vamooze, adios.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by God2man(m): 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
manmustwac: All nairaland mods have received new instructions from Seun Osewa the site owner how to deal with trolls. Please read the following.

Dear Valued Moderators, this to inform you that we're implementing a no-troll-tolerance policy with immediate effect.

A troll is a persistent trouble-maker who keeps disrupting the forum in one way or the other: e.g. consistently posting irritating offtopic comments on other peoples' threads, insulting people for no reason whatsoever, posting satellite pictures or other images that have nothing to do with anything, etc. People who make the forum unpleasant for everyone else. Some of them are spammers as well, posting adverts in non-ad sections deliberately.

I've decided that we must not permit them to troll our forum any longer. We must not tolerate them any longer.

I need you to help me implement this decision. Here's how: when a troll persistently disrupts your section, you should ban him/her from your section for 48 hours. If he repeats the offence after coming back, ban him for 96 hours. Keep doubling the ban time until he/she gets the message. If he/she registers a new ID, ban the new ID for 1 year. Don't develop the attitude that "there's nothing I can do", because it's not true: you can JUST BAN THEM from your section.

Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
diluminati:
then vamooze, adios.
lol
tidytim: Just curious.

This was supposed to be a healthy topic for discussion, but the moderator has already banned over 5 people and hidden over a dozen posts.

What could be the reason ?

I wonder !!!
People never get tired of posting inciting comments on Muslim threads that are put on the front page. A large number of hidden posts on the thread you speak of should not be surprising.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by manmustwac(m): 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
God2man what is the point in you quoting my post since u don't have any point to make?
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
manmustwac: All nairaland mods have received new instructions from Seun Osewa the site owner how to deal with trolls. Please read the following.

does this apply to the likes of logicboy and co on the religion threads? I guess not. Apparently our mods here have gone to sleep.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by DeepSight(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

does this apply to the likes of logicboy and co on the religion threads? I guess not. Apparently our mods here have gone to sleep.

Addittionally, there is a much stricter standard applied to any comment that criticizes Islam.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by truthislight: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Deep Sight:

Addittionally, there is a much stricter standard applied to any comment that criticizes Islam.

hmmmm!
Is it so!
Quite unfortunate.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by bright007(f): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Well there is no smoke without fire.I tried accessing one of d religious thread today and tried to no avail.
It only shows how intolerant the adherents of islam can be.First it was å push for å separate section and now they are restricting forumites from visiting the threads in d isolated section.
If people can hide behind computers and still portray their hatred for others by the actions above,u can imagine what they will do if u are with them physically.
Lesson of the Day:Tolerance is å Virtue.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Sweetnecta: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Bright007:
by bright007(f): 9:15pm
Well there is no smoke without fire.[b]I tried accessing one of d religious thread today and tried to no avail.
It only shows how intolerant the adherents of islam can be.[/b]First it was å push for å separate section and now they are restricting forumites from visiting the threads in d isolated section.
If people can hide behind computers and still portray their hatred for others by the actions above,u can imagine what they will do if u are with them physically.
Lesson of the Day:Tolerance is å Virtue.
maybe you should try to log in, again to be sure the inaccessibility was not because you made a mistake but the moderator representing the truest nature of Islam about non muslims, blocked you. be sure before you broad stroke paint islam the way you did. the moderator does not know if a 'new poster/respondent' is a muslim or not without posting. in your case without accessing the thread.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

Logicboy here.

Instead of you to focus on the bigotry that is coming from the islam section, you are here attacking me. At the end of the day, no atheist or christian will ban free speech on nairaland. Cant say the same for the islam section
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bright007: maybe you should try to log in, again to be sure the inaccessibility was not because you made a mistake but the moderator representing the truest nature of Islam about non muslims, blocked you. be sure before you broad stroke paint islam the way you did. the moderator does not know if a 'new poster/respondent' is a muslim or not without posting. in your case without accessing the thread.

Abeg, I'm happy that this thread is here. I'm happy that people can see the intolerance coming from that section. wink
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Logicboy here.

Instead of you to focus on the bigotry that is coming from the islam section, you are here attacking me. At the end of the day, no atheist or christian will ban free speech on nairaland. Cant say the same for the islam section

If the mod there hadnt permanently banned me perhaps i could have done so. In the interim, i focus on hypocritical trolls like you who cry about how much they love freedom of speech (their own only) while making every effort to trample on the rights of others to free speech.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

If the mod there hadnt permanently banned me perhaps i could have done so. In the interim, i focus on hypocritical trolls like you who cry about how much they love freedom of speech (their own only) while making every effort to trample on the rights of others to free speech.

What? Permanent ban? Wow, the Islam section is really something these days.

Can you explain how I have tried to trample on your free speech?
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What? Permanent ban? Wow, the Islam section is really something these days.

Can you explain how I have tried to trample on your free speech?

you havent trampled on mine because i dont really care what you say anyway. Perhaps if you care so much about free speech you might try not to deliberately, maliciously and irritatingly derail threads where others gather to exercise their freedom to speak about their faith no? You are free to set up your own thread...
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bright007: maybe you should try to log in, again to be sure the inaccessibility was not because you made a mistake but the moderator representing the truest nature of Islam about non muslims, blocked you. be sure before you broad stroke paint islam the way you did. the moderator does not know if a 'new poster/respondent' is a muslim or not without posting. in your case without accessing the thread.

Nonsense !!

What do you call this :

This post has been hidden

Intolerant religion for sure .
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

you havent trampled on mine because i dont really care what you say anyway. Perhaps if you care so much about free speech you might try not to deliberately, maliciously and irritatingly derail threads where others gather to exercise their freedom to speak about their faith no? You are free to set up your own thread...

lolololol.

I dont derail, I debunk. I dont have the power to silence anybody. So you are wrong to call me a hypocrite on free speech.

Focus on the islamic bigotry. Atheists dont threaten website owners with death fatwas and ban other members for mere criticism
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel:

Nonsense !!

What do you call this :

Intolerant religion for sure .

Frosbel, more grease to your elbow. Muslims like Sweetnecta like to ignore blatant intolerance from their endz
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

If the mod there hadnt permanently banned me perhaps

Not a surprise.

I was banned this afternoon without uttering a word of abuse or using insulting language.

My offence was simply stating facts !!!

Seun has miscalculated by giving unlimited powers to a certain group of moderators !!
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lolololol.

I dont derail, I debunk. I dont have the power to silence anybody. So you are wrong to call me a hypocrite on free speech.

you wish.

MacDaddy01:
Focus on the islamic bigotry. Atheists dont threaten website owners with death fatwas and ban other members for mere criticism

Of course, they just threaten them with low IQs, slam them as dumb, intolerant bigots for daring to exercise their rights to free speech, denigrate their intellect on a constant basis... sure atheists are just good misunderstood folks.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel:

Not a surprise.

I was banned this afternoon without uttering a word of abuse or using insulting language.

My offence was simply stating facts !!!

Seun has miscalculated by giving unlimited powers to a certain group of moderators !!

Same here. I was banned for merely existing on a thread in the islamic section. If the islamic mod had a choice, he would completely ban me from Nairaland for daring to expose his limited intellect and obsequious nature on the family section of NL.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

Of course, they just threaten them with low IQs, slam them as dumb, intolerant bigots for daring to exercise their rights to free speech, denigrate their intellect on a constant basis... sure atheists are just good misunderstood folks.

LMAO....even I had to laugh at that one. While not true, it is a great caricature of atheists.

"atheists are fools" Psalm 14;1

"atheists will burn in hell"

"atheists come into Nairaland section and abuse our religion, Seun should ban them or we should have our christian section"

Havent you heard these comments?

I do not insult christians unless they insult first. All christians are not foolish. It is the bible literalists that are foolish
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

Same here. I was banned for merely existing on a thread in the islamic section. If the islamic mod had a choice, he would completely ban me from Nairaland for daring to expose his limited intellect and obsequious nature on the family section of NL.

lol......The best part is yet to come. Fellis, Vedaxcool, Sweetnecta and other muslims will come here and claim that the non-muslims were banned for serious offences and reasons, and that Maclatunji is just.

I dont know if it is purposeful lying (Taquiyyah) or ignorance or hypocrisy sad
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
MacDaddy01:

LMAO....even I had to laugh at that one. While not true, it is a great caricature of atheists.

"atheists are fools" Psalm 14;1

"atheists will burn in hell"

"atheists come into Nairaland section and abuse our religion, Seun should ban them or we should have our christian section"

Havent you heard these comments?

I do not insult christians unless they insult first. All christians are not foolish. It is the bible literalists that are foolish

Most these comments come from forum members tired of having to wade through a minefield of irrelevant atheist commentary on threads opened specifically for theological discussions. Left on their own... most wont even remember you exist.

Out of boredom, let me take on your 3 claims...

1. If atheists dont believe in God then why are they bothered about Ps 14:1?

2. See point 1. What is scary about a hell you dont believe in?

3. That is clearly a true statement.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tpia5: 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
can someone explain to me why atheists who say they dont believe in hell (or heaven), constantly shake in fear whenever that word is mentioned?

if you dont believe in it then it shouldnt bother you, but what do I know. undecided
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
bright007: [color=blue].First it was å push for å separate section
Muslims didn't advocate for a seperate section, Seun gave it to us without our asking.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
fellis:
Muslims didn't advocate for a seperate section, Seun gave it to us without our asking.

Oh really? undecided Astounding lying right there.
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
tpia@:
can someone explain to me why atheists who say they dont believe in hell (or heaven), constantly shake in fear whenever that word is mentioned?

if you dont believe in it then it shouldnt bother you, but what do I know. undecided

If somebody repeatedly told yu hat Santa Clause is com ing to kill you, would you not be irritated? We are tired of being told to be afraid of your fairytale hell. Is the devil going to stick a fork up my azz grin grin grin
Re: Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

Oh really? undecided Astounding lying right there.

What did I tell you? Fellis the denier has come!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid Ul Adha 1444AH: Etiquettes Of Eid / Tarawee/night Prayers / Rashad Khalifa Was A Coptic Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.