Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,654 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon (12513 Views)

TEEN PATTI - Indian Poker / Teen Dies After 40-hour Diablo III Marathon PC Game..warn Your Kids!! / Taiwanese Teen Dies After Playing Diablo III For 40-hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
emmysenior: Wow! It seems that someone's yet to break my record of 10days on gaming. Well thank God 4 the boy.
Straight? how long did your breaks last?
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ACM10: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
emmysenior: Wow! It seems that someone's yet to break my record of 10days on gaming. Well thank God 4 the boy.

How old are u when u did 10days gaming? undecided

If u are old, then u are irresponsible

If u are young, then your parents are irresponsible
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by kingsilly(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
ACM10:

must u be STEWPEED...if u hawd a borin youth tym am sorry...mshewww
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ACM10: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingsilly:

must u be STEWPEED...if u hawd a borin youth tym am sorry...mshewww

How does your brainless comment contribute to the discussion? undecided
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Yeah..i tell ya.maybe someday i go do 3 days straight for Guiness World Record
lol. . .Are you suicidal?
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
jereal:

...and is that supposed to be a good thing...?undecided

...games are getting better by the day, I don't wanna ever be like you...!grin
lol. . .I still game. I'm just not hardcore anymore. I'm into RTS games now.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
lol. . .Are you suicidal?
no im daring
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
i wonder what goes through these parents mind when they dont see their kids for 4 straight days, and yet dont bat an eyelid?
so he doesnt eat, he doesnt go to the toilet, he doesnt make any noise in that room?!
i would have broken that Xbox after the 12th hour.........NONSENSE!
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
mkmyers45: no im daring
Don't forget your will, ok?
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Ufeolorun(m): 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
jereal:

lol...kinda reminds me of retro gaming (NES, SNES, Mega Drive...), when you always had to play from the 1st level,
the difference is that those games weren't as lengthy as ps2 games...guy you really try O...lol
Seriously,it was the first ratchet and clank game and I found it difficult saving the bolts i earned,there was this weapon I wanted badly in the market and i needed 150,000 bolts to buy it, every time i switched the game off my bolt went down it happened 4 times then i decided its game on until the next day,you need to see me bouncing on the bed when i hit 150k cheesy cheesy grin grin

I WILL BE A GAMER FOR LIFE

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Ufeolorun(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
There is something about games,it makes your mind go blank(you become a kid,all your worries take the back-seat) and that is good for relaxation.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by avalontony(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
na wa o!!!!! me n my guy don play pro evolution soccer for 24hrs. games are very addictive, thank God for NEPA o!!! we for play for weeks o!!!!!
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Onyenna(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
Thank God he survived.... Football manager is one of the games that can actually kill someone!!!! My friend can play football manager for two days without eating!!!! I once played the game from morning till night without eating...
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Don't forget your will, ok?
i wont grin
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by omenziate(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
Thank God for interrupted power supply back then, SNES and Sega would have killed somborry.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Youngzedd(m): 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
chaircover: Very bad parenting

Come oooooo!!!!! - Does that mean that the 15 year old had no house chores to do for 4 days? Send that kid to my house please

Some sense is here.

Some parents are not worthy to be called parents, how can a mother allow her son to play Xbox for 4 good days. Does that show any sign of responsible wife?
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
Onyenna: Thank God he survived.... Football manager is one of the games that can actually kill someone!!!! My friend can play football manager for two days without eating!!!! I once played the game from morning till night without eating...
I Played it for 30 hours straight..do you know that FM has been involved in 50 divorce in the past 5 years
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 10, 2012
CeaserB: Gaming is fun if you plan your time wisely. I'm in my 20s and I still love video games. From Sega Genesis to Mega Drive 2 to Nintendo 64 to Playstation 1, 2 and now I'm on 3. I don't like X-box. The longest stretch I've gone is 13 hours of gaming even as a kid. My eyes went red and I couldn't feel my hands it was dry like a stick.
I still play a lot of games when I want to at least 4 hours a day and at most 8 hours. I just can't stop it. It's an addiction even my girlfriend complains about it.

So your girlfriend watches you sit like a Zombie for 8 hours moving only your hands

What a nice girl.

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 10, 2012
mkmyers45: Yeah..i tell ya.maybe someday i go do 3 days straight for Guiness World Record

And you will leave silently ever after.

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 10, 2012
ebamma: na over feeding cause am,the time were i dey small the only game were
i been dey play na hide and seek

Typical KpaKo... tongue
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Kolade9(m): 12:38am On Aug 10, 2012
4 days non stop,shit no catch am ni?
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Decryptor(m): 1:03am On Aug 10, 2012
mkmyers45: Played Football Manager for 32 hours some years ago..then i had momentum.
What the hell do people see in that "dry" game? angry
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by kid7soccer(m): 1:28am On Aug 10, 2012
SimonAndal: Dude's an amateur! His mates played and died. Lol.
On a more serious note, which mum will let her kid stay in his room for a four-day stretch? Definitely not mine.
my brother, which kind mama b dis self, my mama go hand u for stock fish iron then give u a good trashing. Hmm dis her pinkin na by force de force u make u play game, u wan, nawaoooshocked
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ceaser: 2:13am On Aug 10, 2012
SimonAndal: Dude's an amateur! His mates played and died. Lol.
On a more serious note, which mum will let
her kid stay in his room for a four-day stretch?
Definitely not mine.

fellis: The boy didn't follow the required procedures. If you want to play a game for 4 days straight, you get supplies (food and drink ) around you before you begin. You don't just start without planning first.
My brother Please don't as it's dangerous to health. Playing games for even 24 hours with supplies all around you means that the only actively moving parts of your body at best will be your fingers, your elbow joints and occasionally your trunk when you try to pick of the supplies you have around you. Know what dangers are in staying inactive for so long? There's no significant muscle pumping activity going on all those periods and at any one time you pool at at least 2 litres of your blood volume in the thigh and pelvis regions (which is why traumas in those areas May result in significant blood loss) and so your heart only does the job. When moving, your leg muscles contribute to aiding veinous return to the heart. So in short sitting that inactive for 48hours means blood pooling in these areas. Now next thing is that pooled or slow moving blood has propensity to easily form clots. So you have one or two clots getting formed therein. By the time you eventually stand up to move, after your 48hours, your leg muscles get to dislodge these clots which go straight to your heart and then to the lung circulation. There's nothing as dangerous as circulating a clot in the bloodstream, in fact it's incompatible with life. What results is pulmonary embolism or at least a coronary - death just as SimonAndal said above (bold)

You are responsible for your health.

2 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 10, 2012
His mother is very lenient... my own mom could never allow me play game for more than 6 hours!
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by olu4life(m): 2:39am On Aug 10, 2012
I can remember when Metal Gear Solid came out,was a game freak den. Took me one week to get to the new snake and almost finishing it. But thanks to nepa. Loved adventure games.No longer a game freak,cant even remember d last time i played my PS 2. Just lyin in the livin room doing nothing. Lol
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Dhelake: 2:53am On Aug 10, 2012
mkmyers45: Played Football Manager for 32 hours some years ago..then i had momentum.
avent played a game datz as addictive as FM
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by eragoggle(m): 2:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Dude was probably trying to prestige 100 times.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Afam4eva(m): 5:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Gaming is very addictive. I used to go 24 hours non-stop. I even don't eat most times.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by oluwacjay: 6:02am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: same here, gaming is irresistible and addictive.
Same here dude, esp dat modern warfare(call of duty) its a mad game, d baddest game ever produced in recent times. Best tin if u wana stay at home all weekend. But NEPA must Bleep u up
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by oluwacjay: 6:14am On Aug 10, 2012
ACM10:

Dude u can't do 10 straite days of gaming, IMPOSSIBLE, LIAR.... Am sure dis dude been dey go game centre cme dey lie 4 here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange But True / Biggest Video Gaming Markets In Africa In 2017, By Revenue / Millionaires Club Football Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.