Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria. (2485 Views)

University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment / Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! / You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria. by davidif: 4:58am On Dec 19, 2007
The solution to unemployment in Nigeria is EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION.
Singapore has the best students in the world because it hires the best college students to be primary school teachers.

http://www.economist.com/world/international/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9989914

So in order to reduce unemployment of student graduates, the nigerian govts should employ them as teachers and pay them very handsomely (they say everybody has a price).
Each primary school teacher must have a masters degree and must go to teaching school on a state scholarship.
The Nigerian public school system has enough pathetic teachers, some of whom can't even speak good english and for some reason they are teaching our kids english.
No teacher should have anything less than a two one classification and they should be top of their classes.
The teachers should also sign contracts (10 years) with the state to avoid early departures so they don't flee after a couple of months on the job.
The teachers too should be very highly paid, i am not saying like millionaires but enough to get married have a car and build a comfortable house. Also, teachers who teach in rural areas should be paid more and they should be given extra benefits.
All teachers should also be paid based on there performances and effort and should be paid on an hourly basis, the more they work, the more they get paid.

Nigerians unfortunately think that the erection of big infrastructure and glossy buildings is called "development". Development is when the standard of living of its citizens is very high and when there is an equal income distribution amongst the populace.
So instead of the govt spending money on building unnecessary infrastructure like 4bn naira skscrapers and stadiums in abuja thinking that it would make them developed, they should focus on developing human talent which would advertently lead to industrialization and the creation of high-tech industries in the country.
Nigeria has a hugely unnecessary bureaucracy; we have 19 ministries most of which are useless like ministry of women affairs and the ministry of youth affairs, most of this ministries should be scrapped, there should only be 7 ministries, and 30% of nigeria's GNP should be spent on education as supposed to just 0.6% (yes, even Somalia spends more on education). Only then would Nigeria ease its way into the most developed countries not spending money on projects left and right.
Re: Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria. by Johnchelse(m): 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2007
Well said man.
But, the utmost question we need to ask ourselves is "who", i mean who is the right person that is capable of handling Nigerian problems without nigerian criticising him/her?
"Every country has it own constitution; ours is absolution moderated by assassination"
I believe in this country and i am very confident anywhere in the world to defend this great nation with my optimum ability. Though, the present government is assiduously trying her possible best to bring out the best potentials. But, are we not the people that we disrupt the process?
I think it is high time we stopped terrorising the glory of my father's land (Nigeria). Let's start building this country for the beauty of ourselves.
It is a very sad news to hear that, the present Minister of Education cannot present ordinary keynote address correctly.
It is through that people say "Every nigerian is potentially corrupt but their are exception". Why can't u reading this reply be an exception?

(1) (Reply)

Unn Info On Ds Year(2010 Post- Ume.unn Stdnts In D House:let's Talk: / River State Polytechnic HND Form 2012/2013 Academy Session / Some Collective Pics Of Schools Renovated And Built By Gov.rochas Of Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.