Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge (10753 Views)

MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hahaha. Abeg let them tell me the location of the bridge so that my family won't near that trap. Bridge ko bamboo bridge ni.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by edicolove: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
This thread is a proof beyond doubt that most GEJ critics on NL only read the headlines. They don't read the articles before they start posting their hate posts. If they are not blind haters, they will surely read the full articles.

This thread should be bookmarked!
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
There is no way that the final contractor will build a bridge without doing their own survey study etc which will be included in the cost of the contract.To bind them to another survey/study will give them a ready excuse should the bridge collapse.What is required is a single contract to one entity to build the bridge.There are numerous surveys of that location done by the British and even the Nigerian Army why are they not transferable? That same reason will apply again here.
Why then will this new survey be transferable and what if the contractors turn around and say the design is not viable.What should happen is an open bidding/tender process that will include design so the contractors produce designs of their own and the goverment chooses one and runs with it.
The annoying thing is the bridge should not cost more than 30 billion Naira which will take less than 10 years to recover based on a toll 10 million naira daily that is 5 million naira in each direction with the greatest charges placed on commercial vehicles.
A 30 year concession should convince any concessionaire to do it(although foreign investors would require insurance against Boko Haran activities grin) and I believe Delta and Anambra should just do it because the FG are not serious
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by ZUBY77(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
N325M... About 2million Dollars. Thats what Buggati veryon costs. A car worth bridge.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by dedeike: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove: This thread is a proof beyond doubt that most GEJ critics on NL only read the headlines. They don't read the articles before they start posting their hate posts. If they are not blind haters, they will surely read the full articles.

Bookmarked really as a case study for hasty criticisms without the luxury of proper digest. That is what desperation can lead to
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Malawian(m): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
pls, no where did i say the cost of designinig this bridge was exhorbitant. I am a civil engineer myself. I dont think i spent 5 grureling years in the university to earn chicken change. The set of engineers capable of designing such bridge are even consulting engineers. Such must even be PHD holders to start with. Secondly, i am igbo myself so dont read any ethnic things into it. All i am saying is they could even have saved money instead by using a tender system rather than a contract award system. Once again, i am an engineer myself so i know what i am talking! [quote author=dedeike]
Mr Ignorant, I want you to contact an Architect to design a 5 bedroom duplex for you on the sand filled marshy lands on lekki and see how much he will charge.
Look at how you carefully dodged all the numerous contracts awarded by this govt at FEC meeting yesterday and decided to make a mockery of the cost of designing such a bridge as the second Niger Bridge.
By your post, you displayed crass ignorance of the workings of govt procurement processes. For your information, the pub
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Onyenna(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
Malawian: the N328m is not for the construction proper but for the engineering design. After an architect has drafted a plan, a structural engineer will still analyse and design the structure to withstand everything like wind load, dead and imposed load, amongst others. I am a structural engineer, and one of the ways to save money is by calling for bids and even charging for such bids. That is where the FG got it wrong. Rather than spend money to design, they could have made money by just looking at other bidder's designs and charging them to do so. Usually, the best and cost effective designs wins the construction job, and that is how the bidders make their own money. It also prevents them from overcharging for the project.

On point!..... Chukwu gozie gi!!!....
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by cdamsel(f): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Malawian: @ Deshclones, i dey vex with you so. Na you and who be Yoruba? I am an igbo from oraukwu anambra state! Both my parent are from the same town, so i am not even half igbo! Abeg o. You can tell a Yoruba from afar, all you need do is follow their cowardly stench. Kpachalu anya o. Achikwa mu ogu.
u 4m my mum's villa ohhhh grin
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
GEJ MAKE OUR LIFE EASY BY DELIVERING THE BRIDGE AND RIVERPORT PLUS AIRPORT AT ENUGU AND WATCH US DELIVER THE VOTE FOR 2015.

That is all. cool

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Obiagu1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
So which bridge did Obasanjo award a contract for? Where's the money?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by AZeD1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove: This thread is a proof beyond doubt that most GEJ critics on NL only read the headlines. They don't read the articles before they start posting their hate posts. If they are not blind haters, they will surely read the full articles.

Dude for once quit licking GEJ's ass and be reasonable. Billyonaire is not a GEJ critc but he also "complained" about the said amount.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by AZeD1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike:
Mr Ignorant, I want you to contact an Architect to design a 5 bedroom duplex for you on the sand filled marshy lands on lekki and see how much he will charge.
Look at how you carefully dodged all the numerous contracts awarded by this govt at FEC meeting yesterday and decided to make a mockery of the cost of designing such a bridge as the second Niger Bridge.
By your post, you displayed crass ignorance of the workings of govt procurement processes. For your information, the public procurement Act 2007 precludes anybody from advertising and awarding any contract without making funds available. No govt relies on tendering fees to fund projects. Get your facts right
Oga do you know what/how a tender system works?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
Gentle men, the information in that article is not complete. Somethings are not being said.
The FG is not actually building any bridge, rather a consortium of some major Civil contractors in the country will build the bridge and toll it! Hence, that bridge will essentially be built by the local users in Onitsha and Asaba, plus other travelers, plus Igbos who use it massively during the Xmas season.
You can see the cunny brainwork of our works minister.
That N 325 million is not even for the design, rather consultancy for the contractor that will facilitate the design process, at least that's what the article says

This is no Kudos to any one, as far as am concerned. The is just an extension of the OBJs bridge politics. Why can' the FG build the bridge and get it over with. my people do not be deceived, the is just another fashola/Tinubu styled lekki toll being exported to Us in the east, by non- other than the FG. If it is being done by the state govt., it might be tolerable.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by chidexy(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
Obiagu1: So which bridge did Obasanjo award a contract for? Where's the money?

OBJ awarded his own contract on the pages of Newspaper, in the twilight of his administration. The 350 Million Naira is for Design of the Bridge. Contractors cannot submit bids unless there's already a design in place
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by makaveli16(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
Biggyd2: What then will be the final cost for the bridge? undecided undecided undecided
The contract is worth around 35 billion Naira. The N325M is for EIA, Planning and design. JB should be handling the construction.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
how do you know this?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
They still talking. Until i see cranes,heavy vehicles,steel,cement at d river niger. Then i wil beliv second niger bridge is bn constructed. Ppl inform me wen all these r in place...thank u
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2012

very gud observation
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: WOW . . . a $2 million dollar Bridge? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I wonder how much the bridge will cost in the end.

You wanna add two zeros at the end?

Na Naija now....
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: GEJ MAKE OUR LIFE EASY BY DELIVERING THE BRIDGE AND RIVERPORT PLUS AIRPORT AT ENUGU AND WATCH US DELIVER THE VOTE FOR 2015.

That is all. cool

So ignore the massacres in the north and that we are close to 1000 people(if not over) dead at the hands of boko haram so far? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
sheyguy: N328m? Is it going be a wooden brigde?

LMAO

Thats the cost of the design not the building of the bridge itself
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

You wanna add two zeros at the end?

Na Naija now....

If legit, I fit charge the same if the contract went to me oo. Depends anyway on how much the country is willing to invest in the building of the bridge.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So ignore the massacres in the north and that we are close to 1000 people(if not over) dead at the hands of boko haram so far? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Well, that was the calculation of the Northern culprits behind the Murders. Can't blame Jonathan for applying wisdom. The man is not a Murderer.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Well, that was the calculation of the Northern culprits behind the Murders. Can't blame Jonathan for applying wisdom. The man is not a Murderer.

You don't blame Jonathan for applying wisdom? Those who are getting killed left and right are not all northerners and if you have not read yet, it is slowly moving southwards. . . as opposed to this time last year when it remained in the north proper.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You don't blame Jonathan for applying wisdom? Those who are getting killed left and right are not all northerners and if you have not read yet, it is slowly moving southwards. . . as opposed to this time last year when it remained in the north proper.

Kogi is not new to terror attack likewise benue. These are middle belt territories like Kwara and Niger and Plateau or Abuja. The Aboki believes rightly or wrongly that they are Northerners and should be muslims, hence the attacks. Igbos on the other hand have made it clear that they rather all perish than join islam, so we are enemies.This is the situation in Nigeria.

Jonathan could make the content in the pot of Nigeria boil by turning up the heat, but he has choosen not to do so, but to let peace reign and manage the conflict. Now that is leadership. No sentiment.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Thats not what Henry Okah and Gen.Azazi said o!
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
kingoflag:

Thats not what Henry Okah and Gen.Azazi said o!

Very Funny! Like are u serious with those Criminals? Those are not credible witness of Character but Inglourious Basterds that can not be associated with Mr President.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Very Funny! Like are u serious with those Criminals? Those are not credible witness of Character but Inglourious Basterds that can not be associated with Mr President.

I'll take their word over that of a President who refuses to declare his assets but admits that he's a Billionaire even though he was just a college Prof. just a few years ago.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by GAR3TH(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
edicolove:

Hahahaha! Onitsha-Owerri road done over five years ago? Now you are surely in lalaland. Did kobojunkie mosquito bite you? Lol

The contract for the road was awarded in 2002 and construction started afterward.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200207250081.html
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Kogi is not new to terror attack likewise benue. These are middle belt territories like Kwara and Niger and Plateau or Abuja. The Aboki believes rightly or wrongly that they are Northerners and should be muslims, hence the attacks. Igbos on the other hand have made it clear that they rather all perish than join islam, so we are enemies.This is the situation in Nigeria.

WOW . . . Have you ever really met anyone from Benue? Cause I have a friend who is from Benue and She will tell you that they are also Ibos. Why you would consider those from Benue and Kogi to be Hausas eludes me. Also, I school in Kwara, and can tell you that Kwara people, even @Jarus on Nairaland, are not all really Hausas. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Bliss4Lyfe: Jonathan could make the content in the pot of Nigeria boil by turning up the heat, but he has choosen not to do so, but to let peace reign and manage the conflict. Now that is leadership. No sentiment.
What peace is reigning? What peace do you speak of?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
It is not who awards contract onn Newpaper pages but who executes the projects that count. GEJ will take all the credit for projects executed on his watch on all newspapers and in person when he goes to commission them.If i hear OBJ again... angry

@Junkie, any type of peace Aboki want, even sef, it can be pieces.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by GAR3TH(m): 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: It is not who awards contract onn Newpaper pages but who executes the projects that count. GEJ will take all the credit for projects executed on his watch on all newspapers and in person when he goes to commission them.If i hear OBJ again... angry

Then in that case, according to your way of thinking, obasanjo, yar'adua and GEJ get credit for the road since it took place under their watch as well. I dont hate GEJ, I actually like they guy, but what I really hate are these GEJ brainwashed drones who continue to type rubbish. If anything these clueless drones are just ruining GEJ's image on the internet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff / MASSOB Will Enforce Sit-at-home Directive / 'South-East Governors Never Against Peter Obi’s Candidacy' – Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.