Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat (6405 Views)

Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / Police Foil Attempt To Kidnap Allison-madueke’s Brother / Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by supereagle(m): 5:18am On Aug 09, 2012
POLICE, on Wednesday, foiled the attempt to bomb the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) secretariat in Sokoto with improvised explosive device (IED).

Informed police sources told the Nigerian Tribune that at 11.00 a.m on Wednesday, the state police command got a report that an unknown person riding unregistered motorcycle dropped a black cellophane bag near the PDP secretariat.

It was reported that the suspect, while trying to hand over the cellophane bag to the policeman guarding the secretariat, was heard saying in Hausa Ga kayan gwari nan, meaning “here are perishables.”

The policeman, the Nigerian Tribune learnt, became suspicious and alerted the state police command to the development.

According to the sources, a combined team of detectives from Zone 10 headquarters and the state command moved to the scene to avert disaster.

Also, a combined team of bomb experts from the zonal headquarters and the state command joined the team on the orders of Assistant Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Muktar.

The police found out that a high calibre IED was inside the cellophane bag, while the anti-bomb unit carried out a controlled detonation of the explosive.

The source further told the Nigerian Tribune that no casualty was recorded.

The Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, confirmed the development and lauded the partnership between the police and the public.

Also reacting, the state deputy chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Ibrahim Balarabe, thanked God that the anti-bomb disposal squad was able to defuse the IED successfully.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/45593-police-foil-attempt-to-bomb-pdp-secretariat
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 09, 2012
Perishables indeed. shocked shocked
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2012
Good move by the police smiley

But why PDP secretariat? If they really want to help nigeria, they should target the corrupt politicians that have gotten away with our public funds through embezzlement and bribery.
angry
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 09, 2012
teminoni: Good move by the police smiley

But why PDP secretariat? If they really want to help nigeria, they should target the corrupt politicians that have gotten away with our public funds through embezzlement and bribery.
angry

why not? undecided
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Javanian: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2012
Ok...The police are working hard..

NEEEXXXTTTT!!!
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2012
The Bombers are not ready.
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Dawdy(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Alhamdulillah for this! I dont support PDP, bu I'm against any attemp to bomb anywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by ANYPEN(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2012
Why! why!! Why!!!
Why are these police wasting their energy stopping this
PDP secretariat shouldn't be stoped from exploding nah, it is churches that should not explode.
We need to start taking those thieves (PDP) responsible for all they've turn this country to & if it is by bombing them, am in.

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Mrhod: 9:59am On Aug 09, 2012
I tink say d new NSA say him don get BH number, y him norvar cal dem, y are our govt pretendin, if a govt cannot garanttee d security of d people, i wonda what 2 say 2 dat govt, it is more better dey channal der resouces 2 polical party dan killin innocent worshipers. God help us
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Dawdy(m): 9:59am On Aug 09, 2012
Dawdy: Alhamdulillah for this! I dont support PDP, bu I'm against any attempt to bomb anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Eazeee(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2012
am disapointed in dis development cos d house of corruption shud hav been levelled 2 d ground n not those places of worship. calculated! really calculated

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by dedeike: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2012
Like I have said before, home grown terrorism requires communal policing to combat. Without this useful information, it would have been very difficult to discover that explosives were deposited in a black cellophane bag. It would have gone off unnoticed and Kobojunkie and co will besiege this forum to lambasts GEJ for not fighting security.

This thread is deserted at the moment because the bomb attempt was foiled. What sells like hot cake is the actual bombing itself. Gradually, we are loosing our consciences and behaving like village "winches" desperate to have doom befall the nation so that we will have an opportunity to blasts this govt. it's so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by ebamma(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2012
i wish the were successful
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by ebamma(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2012
for the first time bokoharam is bombing the right people,i wish them success next time
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by ebamma(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2012
dedeike: Like I have said before, home grown terrorism requires communal policing to combat. Without this useful information, it would have been very difficult to discover that explosives were deposited in a black cellophane bag. It would have gone off unnoticed and Kobojunkie and co will besiege this forum to lambasts GEJ for not fighting security.

This thread is deserted at the moment because the bomb attempt was foiled. What sells like hot cake is the actual bombing itself. Gradually, we are loosing our consciences and behaving like village "winches" desperate to have doom befall the nation so that we will have an opportunity to blasts this govt. it's so unfortunate.

the attack dog in action
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by excondido(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2012
lmao@ perishables grin grin grin
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by xpensivethony: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2012
i wonder when this northerners will realyz that they are driving there states backward with all this bombing......
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by strangest(m): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2012
It doesn't make sense, bring that building down and more fund will be embezzled to bring it up again
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by crackhouse(m): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2012
Super story. It was just a Cellophane bag containing aboki's shyte.
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by donmexy1: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2012
Mrhod: I tink say d new NSA say him don get BH number, y him norvar cal dem, y are our govt pretendin, if a govt cannot garanttee d security of d people, i wonda what 2 say 2 dat govt, it is more better dey channal der resouces 2 polical party dan killin innocent worshipers. God help us
The guy never get credit yet abi u go send me mtn 1500 make i forward am 2 d nsa?I dnt think pdp sec shld b d target cos all d thieves hv moved from the sec. To the houses of assemblies n govt houses.if u bomb pdp sec na only ordinary peeps go die
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by InHim4Him(m): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Fee Dee Fee, Fower. Should we congratulate the police? They foil attempts on mosques and PDP offices but not on churches. PDP still has an explanation to give Nigerians.
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by BlackMamba2: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2012
ok...so you are waking up NPF...Keep it up.
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 09, 2012
Sheet mehn.... angry
Dis would have made my day!
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 09, 2012
strangest: It doesn't make sense, bring that building down and more fund will be embezzled to bring it up again

Whether Ȋ̝̊̅† goes down or remains erect... More money will still be embezzled.
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by livethinme: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2012
Eazee-e:
am disapointed in dis development cos d house of corruption shud hav been levelled 2 d ground n not those places of worship. calculated! really calculated

See Christian calling for destruction..
Im sure its very Christ-like eh

[i]any[/i]bombing/killing of innocent is wrong
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
livethinme:

Hmm. Are u confirming that it's very muhamed-like to destroy? Off course you guyz wil be bastards if you dnt resemble your blood thirsty,war monging leader. @op. Why is it that police had never foiled an attempted bombing of churches? Not a single 1. Whereas these same police foil attempted bombing on mosques and pdp buildings? A guy concealed EID in a polythene bag to where? How could a bh be so daft and stupid to bring an unregistered cycle in govt house with bomb concealed in a bag? Have they arrested the man in question? PDP and their cover up strategy. I refuse to be fooled. The title should be PDP ARRANGED BOMBING ATTEMPT FOILED
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Eazeee(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
livethinme:

dude just trace d life n history of JESUS & MOHAMMED den com back n tel me who was a TERRORIST n fits ur statement above. while 1 terrorist n destroy people dat oppose him, d oda even allowed himsef 2 b humiliated n crUcified even thou he has d power 2 do n undo. decide 4 ursef bros
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Elueme: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
Shoo! Why una no they comment for this thread now or na because say the winche BH dem no succeed.. Na aw o I for stil expect commendation for the informants and the police o because if to say Dat bomb blow eh! dis thread for don enter like page 6 since... Winche people, God pass una o
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
If these ppl are not playing nigerians for, why is it that it is only attark against churches and innocent by standers that succeed and not attark against PDP and emirs
Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by uncleb(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
They have never foiled an attack on places of worship, UN buidling and other places where innocent lives were wasted.

They attempted PDP secretariat and they were prevented.

Does this justify Azazi statement that PDP is BH, and BH is PDP.

Truly, a government that is divided against itself cannot stand.

God have mercy on innocent Nigeriansa

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Attempt To Bomb PDP Secretariat by oke225: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
The hole bomb should be chanel to All PDP, ACN, CPC headquaters only then will the bombing of innocent people in the Churches and mosque will stop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-Rufai Debunks Plans Of Contesting In 2015 General Elections (Pix) / Dispelling AIT Documentary and PDP Propaganda On Muhammed Buhari / Dr Yemi Kale Flees Nigeria Before Buhari Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.