Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,478 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Relocating To Texas - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Texas (17515 Views)

Sam Mbonu Survives Accident In Texas (Photos) / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Cheapest Flights To Texas From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Relocating To Texas by Justinah4real(f): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
@mikkyangel;ojdollars;simorin1. Iv been following your contributions in Nairaland for years. Great job. Im planing on relocating to US and need any asisstance possible.

Please your contributions will be highly appreciated!
Re: Relocating To Texas by Ndipe(m): 3:55am On Feb 17, 2016
pDude:

So dude you are repping California buy you never told is the pros and cons. Now let me state them from my experience.

Pros: A highly diversified state with a Nigerian community which you can relate to.
-low food costs
-friendly people and neighbours.

Cons: highly aggressive law enforcement officers
-horribly hot weather (it doesn't rain or snow on California)
-high crime rate and gangstarism (forgive my English)
-high cost of living
-the state of California is broke and the economy is terrible.
-transport system here isn't too good.
-racism
Etc

Dude, I'm leaving this California and moving to Texas. It's better down south.

No, it does rain in California, fortunately it doesnt snow.
Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Good day friends I need some adv
Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Good day house pls I need adv am a single lady living in lagos Nigeria am a business lady going to dubai to buy my goods but for sometime now business is not moving again the money I use for business is finish I go to bank now to collect money to do business by the time I pay bank they money with intre I will not hv anything with me again am thinking of relocate to US if I can get a job, I don't need to mk too much money just need a good life for myself if after everything I can sev even 50k after paying all my bill is OK by me I need adv if US is OK for me to relocate to? I hv hand work I can mk hair
Re: Relocating To Texas by shamecurls(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
http:
grin

Thanks for your post, am actually into Telecomm, do i have some offers but not a permanent type, but as i know that industry, you can make do with what you have and look for better pay and job security, am just looking at Austin and Houston in particular bur Dallas is not out of my radar too....

Weather wise i don't like Ohio cos of the snow wahala and like every 3 months, weather changes.... and am a Tropical being...
Really appreciate all comments, please keep it coming..

Boss, Please can u enlighten me about how dominant ericsson bts re in the US
Re: Relocating To Texas by Anyiogwu: 12:34am On Mar 16, 2016
Hi people, Please btw New york and South Carolina,
Which is the best place for me to settle down in the states ?
Re: Relocating To Texas by Vyntra(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Anyiogwu:

Hello, are you on WhatsApp?
Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
Good day house pls I need adv am a single lady living in lagos Nigeria am a business lady going to dubai to buy my goods but for sometime now business is not moving again the money I use for business is finish I go to bank now to collect money to do business by the time I pay bank they money with intre I will not hv anything with me again am thinking of relocate to US if I can get a job, I don't need to mk too much money just need a good life for myself if after everything I can sev even 50k after paying all my bill is OK by me I need adv if US is OK for me to relocate to? I hv hand work I can mk hair
undecided pls someone pls help to ans my qus plssss
Re: Relocating To Texas by Anyiogwu: 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
Vyntra:

Hello, are you on WhatsApp?
No whatsapp but I got bbm,

58C24628
Re: Relocating To Texas by Marriott1980(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
jossymama:

undecided pls someone pls help to ans my qus plssss

Ok let me answer your question the way I can. I totally understand where you are coming from and its unfortunate your business is not moving as it used to. Relocating to the US however is not as easy as it looks. Getting settled here doesn't come easy because everything revolve around you having a green card. You cant even get a job or get an apartment if you don't have it but oh well some people who don't have it work under the table.

You have a very good skill which makes lots of money here because to make just a braid here in Dallas is $200 or more but these days even braiding centers don't want to help people anymore because as soon as you start knowing customers, you boycott who put you in the shop and start taking their business to your house or the customers houses.

Madam, let me cut the long story short, settling down in USA is not very easy but its worth giving a try, nothing tried nothing done. I wish I can help you further.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Oh thank u very much for taking ur time to write back to me yes I no will just even try to get the visa first when I get that will come and see myself fist stay like 3month look around do some home work myself if I can't stand it I go back to where am coming from and start all over again just that this bank thing is giving me too much problem am just working for bank no sev for my self all the name of doing business can even eat good food but ppl see me doing business, am 36 year old lady no husband, no money, even the business am using to keep life moving is no more so that is why am thinking of going there just to hv good life, make small money and be happy that all, and maybe self I con get husband self there lol thank so much dear

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 09, 2016
Marriott1980:

Ok let me answer your question the way I can. I totally understand where you are coming from and its unfortunate your business is not moving as it used to. Relocating to the US however is not as easy as it looks. Getting settled here doesn't come easy because everything revolve around you having a green card. You cant even get a job or get an apartment if you don't have it but oh well some people who don't have it work under the table.

You have a very good skill which makes lots of money here because to make just a braid here in Dallas is $200 or more but these days even braiding centers don't want to help people anymore because as soon as you start knowing customers, you boycott who put you in the shop and start taking their business to your house or the customers houses.

Madam, let me cut the long story short, settling down in USA is not very easy but its worth giving a try, nothing tried nothing done. I wish I can help you further.
thx so much for the adv God bless u
Re: Relocating To Texas by mikkyangel(m): 7:32am On Apr 09, 2016
jossymama:
Oh thank u very much for taking ur time to write back to me yes I no will just even try to get the visa first when I get that will come and see myself fist stay like 3month look around do some home work myself if I can't stand it I go back to where am coming from and start all over again just that this bank thing is giving me too much problem am just working for bank no sev for my self all the name of doing business can even eat good food but ppl see me doing business, am 36 year old lady no husband, no money, even the business am using to keep life moving is no more so that is why am thinking of going there just to hv good life, make small money and be happy that all, and maybe self I con get husband self there lol thank so much dear

E no easy to just come look around ,if things no work out,u go come go back to where ur coming from
...hell NO! Flight ticket alone will cost u abt 400k,besides dis,waitin u go tell people if u decided to go back? Dem go laugh u die!,my dear,dis na yanky....ur chances of living an average to a good life here(and canada) are far much better than most countries that will come into mind...but all depends on proper planning,cash for Pocket and having somebody (trusted person ),in what ever state u choose to land urself.

One thing u have going for u is dt u are bizness oriented, fortunately, yanky is d very place,unfortunately dollar rate is not helping matters. ..but in all,we still survive.

So my dear,ur 1st step is to get the visa ,after this....we go see how we can help!

I currently have 2 jobs here (day and night jobs....na hustle to d finish line oh)plus my online (importaton bizness....pls check my profile),my dear,no b say na correct white color jobs I get ohhb,but atall atall I dey see some correct change take home week in week out..All boils down to how u arrange urself...mind u,yanky nor b like uk way dem won use tax finish dem for there....

I pray things work out for u,cos from ur write up,u seem like a person way really won get heafway....more blessings

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Texas by kleenmum(f): 7:54am On Apr 09, 2016
@mikkyangel always so encouraging God bless your hustle, do you remember me...spoke to you 1n 2013

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 09, 2016
mikkyangel:

E no easy to just come look around ,if things no work out,u go come go back to where ur coming from
...hell NO! Flight ticket alone will cost u abt 400k,besides dis,waitin u go tell people if u decided to go back? Dem go laugh u die!,my dear,dis na yanky....ur chances of living an average to a good life here(and canada) are far much better than most countries that will come into mind...but all depends on proper planning,cash for Pocket and having somebody (trusted person ),in what ever state u choose to land urself.

One thing u have going for u is dt u are bizness oriented, fortunately, yanky is d very place,unfortunately dollar rate is not helping matters. ..but in all,we still survive.

So my dear,ur 1st step is to get the visa ,after this....we go see how we can help!

I currently have 2 jobs here (day and night jobs....na hustle to d finish line oh)plus my online (importaton bizness....pls check my profile),my dear,no b say na correct white color jobs I get ohhb,but atall atall I dey see some correct change take home week in week out..All boils down to how u arrange urself...mind u,yanky nor b like uk way dem won use tax finish dem for there....

I pray things work out for u,cos from ur write up,u seem like a person way really won get heafway....more blessings
thx once again I told u before I can mk hair and I think no work that come my way that I can't do so will try apply soon
Re: Relocating To Texas by mikkyangel(m): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
jossymama:
thx once again I told u before I can mk hair and I think no work that come my way that I can't do so will try apply soon

Nothing do u my dear,like I have told u,u have d hustling spirit in u,people like can hardly fail when u enter yanky..."dis ground has so so many opportunities ",and it's not just making of hair...
*u can get an under d table job which can earn u aprxmlty 300k or more monthly (so as to raise more capital)
*in addition to Mking of hair,who says u cannot buy these hair online from china ,brazil or peru and have them shipped to u in yanky (den u can decide sell in yanky or ship to n9ja for further sales )
×then there is d makeup bizness....I have a particular lady ,she buys to d tune of 2 million naira from me (she has other suppliers for newyork and Zara in Spain ohh);*

Well, from now on na dry fasting and prayers ohhh...(Infact carry ya passport go meet ur pastor mk him bless am b4 u begin)
Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
mikkyangel:

Nothing do u my dear,like I have told u,u have d hustling spirit in u,people like can hardly fail when u enter yanky..."dis ground has so so many opportunities ",and it's not just making of hair...
*u can get an under d table job which can earn u aprxmlty 300k or more monthly (so as to raise more capital)
*in addition to Mking of hair,who says u cannot buy these hair online from china ,brazil or peru and have them shipped to u in yanky (den u can decide sell in yanky or ship to n9ja for further sales )
×then there is d makeup bizness....I have a particular lady ,she buys to d tune of 2 million naira from me (she has other suppliers for newyork and Zara in Spain ohh);*

Well, from now on na dry fasting and prayers ohhh...(Infact carry ya passport go meet ur pastor mk him bless am b4 u begin)

thx so much will just do as u say
Re: Relocating To Texas by mikkyangel(m): 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
kleenmum:
@mikkyangel always so encouraging God bless your hustle, do you remember me...spoke to you 1n 2013

Thanks my dear...

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Texas by abduldope(m): 12:32am On Apr 10, 2016
am following this thread jst to learn frm jossymama jrny.. b4 i decide if i go fit survive. tho mine is nt skilled job bt qualification unda Bsc. hope u dont mind lol @jossymama
Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
abduldope:
am following this thread jst to learn frm jossymama jrny.. b4 i decide if i go fit survive. tho mine is nt skilled job bt qualification unda Bsc. hope u dont mind lol @jossymama
Yea I hv Bsc in marketing too but I before skill job too is good before I believe u can survive with it anywhere in the world
Re: Relocating To Texas by abduldope(m): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
jossymama:
Yea I hv Bsc in marketing too but I before skill job too is good before I believe u can survive with it anywhere in the world
no wahala ma wishing u d best
Re: Relocating To Texas by ladoshady: 7:03am On Oct 28, 2017
[

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Texas by erictus: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2017
jossymama:

Happy to see ur profile pics. it's glaring u make it to us. Love ur hustling spirit. Thumbs up madam
Re: Relocating To Texas by pretty16(f): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
erictus:

Happy to see ur profile pics. it's glaring u make it to us. Love ur hustling spirit. Thumbs up madam

Thats not the U.S. The plate number on that car, does not look like a U.S plate number.
Re: Relocating To Texas by erictus: 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
pretty16:

Thats not the U.S. The plate number on that car, does not look like a U.S plate number.

okay. thanks
Re: Relocating To Texas by ojdollars(m): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Justinah4real:
@mikkyangel;ojdollars;simorin1. Iv been following your contributions in Nairaland for years. Great job. Im planing on relocating to US and need any asisstance possible.

Please your contributions will be highly appreciated!

@Justinah4real. Did you finally make the move to the U.S?
Re: Relocating To Texas by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 30, 2017
Anyiogwu:
Depends on your plans in each city.
Re: Relocating To Texas by olumig(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2017

Sorry I'm not dude, my name is Somorin.

OP asked about Texas so I gave him/her MY opinion.

I'm not bored enough to get into a wed debate on the pros and cons between Texas (I've lived there, have you?)and California (where I've probably lived in longer than you).

In any case I prefer to live in Oluyole any day but na condition make Crayfish bend.
I live in Oluyole, home is home any day, but for the bad roads, power issue, insecurity though better than some areas......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here / 4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay / Driving From Ibadan To Abuja. How Long Does It Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.