Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction (4925 Views)

Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / The Martyrdom Of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) In The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Imam Ali In His Own Words - Arabic / English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 6:29am On Aug 09, 2012
One Day a person came to Imam Ali (AS), thinking that since Imam Ali thinks he is too smart, I’ll ask him such a tough question that he won’t be able to answer it and I’ll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs.

He asked “Imam Ali, tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction.”

Imam Ali (AS) looked back at him and said, “Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer.”

This person got astonished but as he was a polytheist (Mushrik), he still didn’t believe Imam Ali (AS). He calculated the answer Imam Ali (AS) gave him.

To his amazement he came across the following results:

The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arab calendar)

The Number of Days in a Week = 7

The product of the two numbers = 2520

Now...

2520 ÷ 1 = 2520

2520 ÷ 2 = 1260

2520 ÷ 3 = 840

2520 ÷ 4 = 630

2520 ÷ 5 = 504

2520 ÷ 6 = 420

2520 ÷ 7 = 360

2520 ÷ 8 = 315

2520 ÷ 9 = 280

2520 ÷ 10= 252

http://www.almujtaba.com/en/index.php/islamic-stories/106-imam-ali/1698-imam-alis-mathematical-brilliance-whole-number-and-not-a-fraction
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia:

The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arab)

Now...

2520 ÷ 1 = 2520

2520 ÷ 2 = 1260

2520 ÷ 3 = 840

2520 ÷ 4 = 630

2520 ÷ 5 = 504

2520 ÷ 6 = 420

2520 ÷ 7 = 360

2520 ÷ 8 = 315

2520 ÷ 9 = 280

2520 ÷ 10= 252

So whatz the the long division got to do with 7*360?

PS: There are 365 days in a yr. Abi se Musulumis get their own calendar?
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 6:39am On Aug 09, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

So whatz the the long division got to do with 7*360?

look at the question directed by the pagan and you'd hopefully understand.give it another try.

PS: There are 365 days in a yr. Abi se Musulumis get their own calendar?

the pagan arabians did have their own calendar based on the year of the elephant.that one is even different from our own Islamic calendar based on lunar calculation starting from counting after the Hijrah.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia:

look at the question directed by the pagan and you'd hopefully understand.give it another try.
Shey na 360 abi 365 days we get in one year?
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 6:43am On Aug 09, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Shey na 360 abi 365 days we get in one year?

i have answered the part you added with your "PS".you should've refresh the thread instead of rushing to reply.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia:

the pagan arabians did have their own calendar based on the year of the elephant.that one is even different from our own Islamic calendar based on lunar calculation starting from counting after the Hijrah.

Since Islam has a different calendar, whose calendar was Imam using? If he had used the Pagan Arabian calendar, then how substantial is the Islamic lesson behind this? There is one behind this, right?

If the point of the thread is to point out how smart Imam Ali was, how and why is that important in the whole Islamic sphere?
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Ileke-Idi no need to indulge is a baseless arguement.He has explained enough.You ll trap him in some other thread.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2012
Reyginus: Ileke-Idi no need to indulge is a baseless arguement[b].He has explained enough[/b].

Your opinion.

Not sure what you understood, but he raised more questions and gave less answers.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by usisky(m): 10:59am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia: One Day a person came to Imam Ali (AS), thinking that since Imam Ali thinks he is too smart, I’ll ask him such a tough question that he won’t be able to answer it and I’ll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs.

He asked “Imam Ali, tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction.”

Imam Ali (AS) looked back at him and said, “Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer.”

usisky:
[2:165] Yet, some people set up idols to rival GOD, and love them as if they are GOD. Those who believe love GOD the most. If only the transgressors could see themselves when they see the retribution! They will realize then that all power belongs to GOD alone, and that GOD's retribution is awesome.
^^^Why? Why? Why? enh?! Imam Ali that, Fatimah this, Imam hussain that, Ahlul Bayt this.........What's all these got to do with promoting the worship and total devotion to the One creator..God Almighty Hun?!

I really feel sorry for You and Your Sunni counterparts. You people substitute pure reason and logic based on clear evidence given in the Quran for stories told by backward-minded folks of ancient times. Trading away the Qruanic wisdom for Ignorance. What! Sad indeed!

LagosShia:
One Day a person came to Imam Ali (AS), thinking that since Imam Ali thinks he is too smart, I’ll ask him such a tough question that he won’t be able to answer it and I’ll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs.

This person got astonished but as he was a polytheist (Mushrik), he still didn’t believe Imam Ali (AS). He calculated the answer Imam Ali (AS) gave him.

To his amazement he came across the following results:

The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arab calendar)

Now...

2520 ÷ 1 = 2520

2520 ÷ 2 = 1260

2520 ÷ 3 = 840

2520 ÷ 4 = 630

2520 ÷ 5 = 504

2520 ÷ 6 = 420

2520 ÷ 7 = 360

2520 ÷ 8 = 315

2520 ÷ 9 = 280

2520 ÷ 10= 252
^^^^Obviously this story is made-up by those who idolize Ali- the Shi'is. Firstly, we really wonder where this calendering system must have emerged from? Secondly, it doesn't take a genius to see how the authors of this lie intend to deceive the ignorant onlooker. Without thinking much, i know no man could've come up such math in that place and time in history.

Observe the Foolishness trickery devised:

When you divide 360 by the numbers 1 to 10, all are divisible by it except 7, which yield a fraction. what then can one do to get a number divisible by all of em and still have the number(360)appear within the background. Well, Using elementary math knowledge, all you got to do is multiply the dividend(i.e 360) by the odd one among them(i.e number 7), the resultant number completes your math "trick". Voila! IMAM ALI must have been a genius! How silly! Remember how Tbaba also brought up somtn' similar only to be debunked by Logicboy using simple linear algebra.......U guys really need to heed the quran before it's late.

usisky:

Quran: No Ambiguity

[39:27] We have cited for the people every kind of example in this Quran, that they may take heed.

[29:49] In fact, these revelations are clear in the chests of those who possess knowledge. Only the wicked will disregard our revelations.

[2:99] We have sent down to you such clear revelations, and only the wicked will reject them.

Disbelievers Refuse to Accept the Completeness of the Quran:

[18:54] We have cited in this Quran every kind of example, but the human being is the most argumentative creature.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by vedaxcool(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2012
usisky:

^^^Why? Why? Why? enh?! Imam Ali that, Fatimah this, Imam hussain that, Ahlul Bayt this.........What's all these got to do with promoting the worship and total devotion to the One creator..God Almighty Hun?!

I really feel sorry for You and Your Sunni counterparts. You people substitute pure reason and logic based on clear evidence given in the Quran for stories told by backward-minded folks of ancient times. Trading away the Qruanic wisdom for Ignorance. What! Sad indeed!

^^^^Obviously this story is made-up by those who idolize Ali- the Shi'is. Firstly, we really wonder where this calendering system must have emerged from? Secondly, it doesn't take a genius to see how the authors of this lie intend to deceive the ignorant onlooker. Without thinking much, i know no man could've come up such math in that place and time in history.

When you divide 360 by the numbers 1 to 10, all are divisible by it except 7, which yield a fraction. what then can one do to get a number divisible by all of em and still have the number(360)appear within the background. Well, Using elementary math knowledge, all you got to do is multiply the dividend(i.e 360) by the odd one among them(i.e number 7), the resultant number completes your math "trick". Voila! IMAM ALI must have been a genius! How silly! Remember how Tbaba also brought up somtn' similar only to be debunked by Logicboy using simple linear algebra.......U guys really need to heed the quran before it's late.

I think I just wasted my time reading the above cant! first and foremost logicboy failed woefully in thabas' challenge, as he couldn't do the original challenge, what he did was when he failed in the challenge, secondly it took two weeks of failure to do the test, third, he had access to modern facilities to do the trick yet he couldn't and only settled for the easier, third maths as a body of knowledge was just in its infancy during the time of Ali, if the account is true, then Ali was a genius because it would have been impossible to just give an answer without even sitting down to calculate and then get the answer, but he gave an answer straight up with beating around the bust or thinking for too long . . . the funny thing is all you wrote is just conjecture and making up stuff . . . if i were you i will follow all of the Qur'an not ignoring the part that says believers should accept what Muhammad give them. Salam
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Since Islam has a different calendar, whose calendar was Imam using?
in essence he did not use any calendar.are you this dumb?it was not a calendar he needed to use.he needed to get a number and he got 360 which was used by the arabians to count a year and then multiply by 7.that is all he did.

If he had used the Pagan Arabian calendar, then how substantial is the Islamic lesson behind this? There is one behind this, right?
you cannot refer to it as a "pagan calendar".it was an arabian calendar.since the pagans were in the majority (and a minority hanif or monotheists),they also used it.the calendar based on the year of the elephant is even islamic because the arabians started using it counting from the year God destroyed the army of Abraha who wanted to destroy the holy Ka'ba.this incident is even mentioned in the Holy Quran in Suratul-Fil.

the more questions you ask,the more dumb,ignorant and silly you appear.

If the point of the thread is to point out how smart Imam Ali was, how and why is that important in the whole Islamic sphere?

we believe Imam Ali (as) inherited the Prophet's (sa) God-given knowledge.Imam Ali (as) is a proof to humanity of Muhammad's (sa) prophethood through his knowledge.i will treat this further in my following posts.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
Reyginus: Ileke-Idi no need to indulge is a baseless arguement.He has explained enough.You ll trap him in some other thread.

a blind christian who believes in blind faith can never (insha'Allah) trap me.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
usisky:

Holy Quran 42:23
"It is that of which Allah gives good tidings to His servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say, [O Muhammad], "I do not ask you for this message any payment [but] only the love for my kinship." And whoever commits a good deed - We will increase for him good therein. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Appreciative".

i am sure since you do not accept any hadith,even authentic ones,you do not know who were the kin of the Prophet (sa).their names are not mentioned in the Quran.they are only referred to in many verse.and here is another verse Allah (swt) is promoting His servants from the Prophet's (sa) close relatives:

Holy Quran 33:33
"Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification".(sahih international)

who are the people of the Household (Ahlul-Bayt)? please tell me who they are and show me where you found out that!

and we are also told in the Quran:

Holy Quran 7:157
“So (as for) those who believe in him (Muhammad) and honour him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.”

Holy Quran 94:4
"We exalted high your (Muhammad) esteem".

in this case,you are the one shown to be trading away the Quranic reasoning and logic of honoring the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) as ordered by the Quran.both Shia and Sunni show respect to early Islamic figures because we believe we are paying honor to the Prophet (sa) himself.and in the case of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) it is an obligation upon every muslim to love them.now how can you love them if you do not know them? their individual names are not mentioned in the Holy Quran.

you are very pathetic and plain stupid obsessed with this your bid'ah called the "submitter sect" or rather the "sumitter fitna".using the word "submitter" here is only meant to deceive and form a clique round a nonsensical bid'ah started few decades ago by Rashad Khalifa,who claimed to be a messenger of God-which is forbidden Islamically because Muhammad (sa) is the last messenger.you can form your clique or cult and please yourself,but dont dare bring your stupidity in a thread that got nothing to do with your idiotic ideas and talking nonsense.

it is obviously paining alot because it is not the name of the CIA agent Rashad Khalifa who was paid to spread fitnah that appear here.if it was Rashad Khalifa and his code of "19" which he used to discredit the Quran and attributed it with Tahreef (distortion),and he dropped 2 verses from Surah Yusuf in his own translation,you do not see that as foolishness and silly.

you are running your mouth here like a panting dog,while you are defiling the ground with your saliva like a panting dog.

the knowledge of Imam Ali (as) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as) is confirmed by both Shia and Sunni scholars of the ages.the Prophet (sa) said:

"I am leaving among you the Two Weighty Things-the Quran and my Ahlul-Bayt,my progeny.if you follow both you will never go astray".

you have left the Ahlul-Bayt (as) and even the sahaba among whom there are many honorable and great men who lived with the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) to follow a nobody,rather a crook of the 20th century.you're sick.that is what the Quran refers to as "Ad-Dhalal al-Mubeen" (going farthest astray).

please tell us who these two verses of the Holy Quran refer to and what is the gist around these verses:

Holy Quran 76:4
"And they give food in spite of love for it to the needy, the orphan, and the captive,"

Holy Quran 3:55
"Your master (wali) is none but Allah and [therefore] His Messenger and those who have believe - those who establish prayer while they give zakat, and they are bowing [in salat]."

if you truly know the Quran,tell me about these two verses.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
vedaxcool:

I think I just wasted my time reading the above cant! first and foremost logicboy failed woefully in thabas' challenge, as he couldn't do the original challenge, what he did was when he failed in the challenge, secondly it took two weeks of failure to do the test, third, he had access to modern facilities to do the trick yet he couldn't and only settled for the easier, third maths as a body of knowledge was just in its infancy during the time of Ali, if the account is true, then Ali was a genius because it would have been impossible to just give an answer without even sitting down to calculate and then get the answer, but he gave an answer straight up with beating around the bust or thinking for too long . . . the funny thing is all you wrote is just conjecture and making up stuff . . . if i were you i will follow all of the Qur'an not ignoring the part that says believers should accept what Muhammad give them. Salam

don't mind the panting dog:

Holy Quran 7:176
"And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought".

regardless of Shia-Sunni differences and the fact that the Shia give Imam Ali (as) much more importance only second to the Prophet (sa),the hadiths supporting Imam Ali's (as) knowledge is unanimously agreed by Shia and Sunni scholars alike.

the hadith of the Prophet (sa):"I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate;whoever requires knowledge should approach the gate"-is more reported in the Sunni books of hadith than the Shia books of hadith (if i am not mistaken).

there is also the hadith in which Umar himself testified to the prophetic knowledge/enlightenment of Imam Ali (as)-which Imam Ali (as) inherited from the Prophet (sa).Umar said:"if not for Ali (i.e. his knowledge),Umar would have perished".there is actually an incident behind this saying.a woman was caught committing adultery and Umar (at the time he was caliph) was to punish her.it was the intervention of Imam Ali (as) that made Umar to spare the woman.the adultress was pregnant.so Imam Ali (as) suggested that the woman cannot be punished for adultery while she is pregnant.if she is punished,then the punishment would also be administered to the child who is innocent and dependent on the mother.thereupon,he suggested the woman should be allowed to give birth and take care of the child to minimum age he no longer depends on his mother.upon that,Umar made the statement:"if not for Ali,Umar would have perished".he "would have perished" meaning he would have punished an innocent soul for no crime the child committed.and in Islam,child does not bear the sin of his parents or vice versa.

there are many examples of unmatched and unprecedented knowledge that the holy Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) demonstrated and is recorded to this day.there are many more examples.the sixth holy imam,Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad,as-Sadeq (as) has his works studied in our own present age by european scientists.and they were greatly suprised.the Ahlul-Bayt (as) reflect the prophethood of Muhammad (sa) and the divine knowledge Allah (swt) has blessed Muhammad (sa) who was unlearned.the Ahlul-Bayt (as) members are proofs by Allah (swt) of the prophethood of Muhammad (sa) so that there would be no one who denies Muhammad (sa) and have any excuse to make.Imam Sadeq (as)-the sixth Imam-is regarded even by Sunnis highly because of how his teachings influenced Abu Hanifa and the four Sunni schools of jurisprudence.the Shia school of jurisprudence is named in Imam Sadeq's (as) honor and is known as "Ja'faria" as the Sunnis have "malikia","hanbalia","shafi'a" and "hanafia".

let the panting dog pant.he is the one missing alot by not reading!
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by usisky(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
@Mr. LagosShia

1) I really wonder why none of these "Ahlul Bayt" were mentioned in the quran not even once. Don't you think if they were of any relevance to the religion of strict devotion to God Alone(Islam); that at some point the quran would've mentioned any of their names...Considering the fact that you even bestow on them divine status? Why did God fail to mention not even one name from the category you're suggesting? Maybe God didn't have to. Or, there was never such thing as people of the household("Ahlul Bayt"wink as you would have us believe!!

Your error as well as your aversion to the quranic principles stems from the years of brainwashing you have experienced through your Shi'ism. You do not know the meaning of "Ahlul Bayt", and if you doubt what i am telling you
then Read Here:

THE SHIAH CONFUSION OVER THE AHLUL BAYThttp://www.e-bacaan.com/artikeli_plagiarized3.htm . Scroll down the page till you get to chapter19, God will make things clearer to you.

2)Did the Qur'an at any point Say Prophet Muhammad was the Last Messenger?
Please Read here: http://www.submission.org/#/d/App2.html

please do comment afterwards.

3)I use the English equivalent of the Word Islam(i.e submission) and Muslim(i.e Submitter) because it conveys a better meaning than the Arabic one to an english speaker. The words Islam and Muslim aren't names, they are description of one's spiritual disposition;hence, it doesn't matter what language you use,what matters is that the meaning is preserved. Jesus, Saleh, Zul-kifl, Moses and all the Prophets and messengers in the quran a termed as Muslims. My question is: were they all Arabs? of course not! the quran used these words cos it(quran) was revealed in the arabic tongue, just in the same manner it uses ALLAH to refer to GOD. Obviously the word Allah existed even before the Quran,that's why you see that the Prophet's father is named Abdullah(Servant of Allah) for instance and the Christian arabs use Allah too cos it's simply refers to the one God we all know.

What does Islam and Muslim mean?: http://www.submission.org/#/d/Home.html

4)where did you get the idea that Rashad Khalifa and the CIA are affiliates?

Rashad Khalifa Introduces himself below:

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVsaSy9HXg[/flash]

5)please Mr. Shia, you really need to tame your usage of harsh language. PEACE!!
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by tbaba1234: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
^ Another ignorant comment, typical of you.... your kind of misguidance is on another level

If you have read the Quran and understand the context of revelation, you will find plenty references to the family of the prophet....

I will only respond to three...

3.) If you know anything about classical arabic, you will know that the english language cannot compare to the Arabic language........ I doubt you know anything about Quranic Arabic otherwise you will not utter that nonsense...

4.) Rashid Khalifa is a fraud, whether he works for the CIA or not.

I really pray you get out of this misguidance because it will destroy you.....
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
usisky: @Mr. LagosShia

1) I really wonder why none of these "Ahlul Bayt" were mentioned in the quran not even once. Don't you think if they were of any relevance to the religion of strict devotion to God Alone(Islam); that at some point the quran would've mentioned any of their names...Considering the fact that you even bestow on them divine status? Why did God fail to mention not even one name from the category you're suggesting? Maybe God didn't have to. Or, there was never such thing as people of the household("Ahlul Bayt"wink as you would have us believe!!

Your error as well as your aversion to the quranic principles stems from the years of brainwashing you have experienced through your Shi'ism. You do not know the meaning of "Ahlul Bayt", and if you doubt what i am telling you
then Read Here:

THE SHIAH CONFUSION OVER THE AHLUL BAYThttp://www.e-bacaan.com/artikeli_plagiarized3.htm . Scroll down the page till you get to chapter19, God will make things clearer to you.

2)Did the Qur'an at any point Say Prophet Muhammad was the Last Messenger?
Please Read here: http://www.submission.org/#/d/App2.html

please do comment afterwards.

3)I use the English equivalent of the Word Islam(i.e submission) and Muslim(i.e Submitter) because it conveys a better meaning than the Arabic one to an english speaker. The words Islam and Muslim aren't names, they are description of one's spiritual disposition;hence, it doesn't matter what language you use,what matters is that the meaning is preserved. Jesus, Saleh, Zul-kifl, Moses and all the Prophets and messengers in the quran a termed as Muslims. My question is: were they all Arabs? of course not! the quran used these words cos it(quran) was revealed in the arabic tongue, just in the same manner it uses ALLAH to refer to GOD. Obviously the word Allah existed even before the Quran,that's why you see that the Prophet's father is named Abdullah(Servant of Allah) for instance and the Christian arabs use Allah too cos it's simply refers to the one God we all know.

What does Islam and Muslim mean?: http://www.submission.org/#/d/Home.html

4)where did you get the idea that Rashad Khalifa and the CIA are affiliates?

Rashad Khalifa Introduces himself below:

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVsaSy9HXg[/flash]

5)please Mr. Shia, you really need to tame your usage of harsh language. PEACE!!

this your above post will serve as evidence of how unintelligent you're.

after quoting Quran Verse 42:23,and reading your first point,i dont see the need to reply to your post point by point.

you are asking me to tame my language after you used words like "foolishness" and more to interfere in a thread that have nothing to do with you.it is not by force to be stupid.why don't you let others be? preach your beliefs and ideas as freely as you have been doing in your threads you create without now resorting to the position of a panting dog.

tbaba1234: ^ Another ignorant comment, typical of you.... your kind of misguidance is on another level

If you have read the Quran and understand the context of revelation, you will find plenty references to the family of the prophet....

I will only respond to three...

3.) If you know anything about classical arabic, you will know that the english language cannot compare to the Arabic language........ I doubt you know anything about Quranic Arabic otherwise you will not utter that nonsense...

4.) Rashid Khalifa is a fraud, whether he works for the CIA or not.

I really pray you get out of this misguidance because it will destroy you.....

thanks.

Jazak Allah Khair.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia:

a blind christian who believes in blind faith can never (insha'Allah) trap me.

Okay, slow your roll tiger, who told you I am a christian?
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
in essence he did not use any calendar.are you this dumb?it was not a calendar he needed to use.he needed to get a number and he got 360 which was used by the arabians to count a year and then multiply by 7.that is all he did.

Who said he needed a calendar?
Point is, he used a calendar date that is irrelevant to his religion.
365. 360 etc etc. . . .

you cannot refer to it as a "pagan calendar".it was an arabian calendar.since the pagans were in the majority (and a minority hanif or monotheists),they also used it.the calendar based on the year of the elephant is even islamic because the arabians started using it counting from the year God destroyed the army of Abraha who wanted to destroy the holy Ka'ba.this incident is even mentioned in the Holy Quran in Suratul-Fil.

Ok so really, there is neither a point or lesson behind this whole irrelevant year in the whole Islamic sphere?

we believe Imam Ali (as) inherited the Prophet's (sa) God-given knowledge.Imam Ali (as) is a proof to humanity of Muhammad's (sa) prophethood through his knowledge

Ahh I see. So picking a number, dividing it by 1, 2, 3. . . .10 meant he inherited the Pro-phet's God-given knowledge. I see.
Was Iman a scholar before he was hit with this God-given knowledge shooting star?
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Who said he needed a calendar?
Point is, he used a calendar date that is irrelevant to his religion.
365. 360 etc etc. . . .

Ok so really, there is neither a point or lesson behind this whole irrelevant year in the whole Islamic sphere?

Ahh I see. So picking a number, dividing it by 1, 2, 3. . . .10 meant he inherited the Pro-phet's God-given knowledge. I see.
Was Iman a scholar before he was hit with this God-given knowledge shooting star?

please if you have nothing relevant and serious to contribute,please play elsewhere.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 12:38am On Aug 10, 2012
"Imam Ja'far As-Sadeq (as) And The Rotation Of The Earth Around The Sun"

https://www.nairaland.com/1014367/imam-jafar-as-sadeq-rotation-earth#11750384
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by MacDaddy01: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
Isnt the muslim calendar 355 days?

Another LagosShia
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 12:01am On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01: Isnt the muslim calendar 355 days?

Another LagosShia

the Islamic calendar also know as the hijrah calendar which is based on lunar calculations and not solar calculation such as the gregorian calendar,is made up of 354 or 355 days.

note that the pre-islamic calendar(s) is not the same being referred to as the Islamic or hijri calendar.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 12, 2012
LOL @ this pointless thread tongue

MacDaddy01: Isnt the muslim calendar 355 days?

Another LagosShia

The thing just dey make me laugh o.

Na which calendar him dey use?
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 12:11am On Aug 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL @ this pointless thread tongue

The thing just dey make me laugh o.

Na which calendar him dey use?

read about the "Year of the Elephant" described din Suratil Fil in the Holy Quran:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Elephant

http://www.al-islam.org/lifeprophet/4.htm

also about the Islamic and pre-Islamic calendars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_calendar#Pre-Islamic_calendar
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by MacDaddy01: 1:14am On Aug 12, 2012
LagosShia:

read about the "Year of the Elephant" described din Suratil Fil in the Holy Quran:

Caught lying again?

Havent you learnt from Tbaba's numerology claims? I debunk such claims for a living!

The Islamic calendar is 355 or 354 days. Please, show me how you got the figure of 360 days.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 12, 2012
LagosShia:

Ima ali or wateva his name was never specified which calendar he used ("TAKE THE NUMBER OF DAYS IN A YEAR). His sheeps, later on, chose the one calendar (Pagan Arabian or wateva) that would make his "mistake" brilliant.

Arabian calendar --> 360 days/yr

Islamic calendar --> 355 days/yr

General Global calendar --> 365days/yr
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 1:54am On Aug 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ima ali or wateva his name was never specified which calendar he used ("TAKE THE NUMBER OF DAYS IN A YEAR). His sheeps, later on, chose the one calendar (Pagan Arabian or wateva) that would make his "mistake" brilliant.

Arabian calendar --> 360 days/yr

Islamic calendar --> 355 days/yr

General Global calendar --> 365days/yr

are you trying to be funny?

let us assume that he just said take the number of days in the calendar and multiply and then divide,dont you see that to answer the question posed at him,he knew exactly what he was talking about? he had the right equation in mind to solve the problem.

besides,it can only be the arabian calendar because then,the Islamic calendar was not established.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 12, 2012
LagosShia:

are you trying to be funny?

let us assume that he just said take the number of days in the calendar and multiply and then divide,dont you see that to answer the question posed at him,he knew exactly what he was talking about? he had the right equation in mind to solve the problem.

besides,it can only be the arabian calendar because then,the Islamic calendar was not established.

Stop being difficult jare. My muslim brother, you must practice with me the peace your religion begs you to practice o.

Point of the thread is to show how intelligent Ali was, by answering Pagan's question with a number that when divided by 1-10, it yields non-fractional answers. Ali picked the number of days in a year, while never specifying which calendar he used. Point is, there were several calendars with different number of days/year that would have yielded fractional answers. Point is, Ali never specified which one he used. At that time, the world did not run on just one [Arabian] calendar o, ayam just saying.
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by LagosShia: 6:19am On Aug 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Stop being difficult jare. My muslim brother, you must practice with me the peace your religion begs you to practice o.

Point of the thread is to show how intelligent Ali was, by answering Pagan's question with a number that when divided by 1-10, it yields non-fractional answers. Ali picked the number of days in a year, while never specifying which calendar he used. Point is, there were several calendars with different number of days/year that would have yielded fractional answers. Point is, Ali never specified which one he used. At that time, the world did not run on just one [Arabian] calendar o, ayam just saying.

So you used all the time in the world to compose your reply but you couldn't use 2 seconds to think that anyone would use the calendar being used in his town and time?

Do you want me to declare you 'the winner'? grin
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 12, 2012
LagosShia:

So you used all the time in the world to compose your reply but you couldn't use 2 seconds to think that anyone would use the calendar being used in his town and time?

Do you want me to declare you 'the winner'? grin

Never said they couldn't. At the beginning, I asked you which one, even you couldn't give a str8 answer. He never specified which calendar he used; the calendar is a very sensitive issue na.

As for "the winner", the crown was customized for you jere grin grin
Re: Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction by doublej1(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2012
The calendar he will most definitely be using would be the calendar that was in use by them at that point in time

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan / The Shocking Video Shias Don't Want You To See / Tell us Tafseer Sessions Available In Your Area During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.