Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. (825 Views)

Help Needed On Windows 10 Upgrade / Help Needed On How To Install Mtnfastlink On Ubuntu Please / What Is Dr. Watson Debugger ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
I am in serious need of help concerning this 'DrWatson Postmortem Debugger' error report that keeps appearing saying ' DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close' . It just keeps appearing on and on, i cant get rid of it and as a result i cant do anything with my computer. Please anyone that can help me with this will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. by seunex4real: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
1.Click Start>Run>type Regedit and click ok.
2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT
\Current Version
3.Select AeDebug in the right pane ,double
click it and enter value 0.
disable-Dr.watson debugger_regsitry
4.Close registry editor, restart your computer. Hope it works??
Re: Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. by Valiantvaliant(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^
Re: Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. by Valiantvaliant(m): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^I did every step and it still displays the error message. It doznt restart i always have to switch it off through the switch, Guess i have to get a technician. Thanks by the way
Re: Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. by seunex4real: 9:55am On Aug 11, 2012
1. Click Start, click Run, type
regedit.exe in the Open box, and then
click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following
registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT
\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
NOTE : Steps three and four are
optional, However, they are necessary
if you want to restore the default use of
Dr. Watson.
3. Click the AeDebug key, and then click
Export Registry File on the Registry
menu.
4. Type a name and location for the
saved registry file, and then click Save.
5. Delete the AeDebug key.
Registry entries for debugger programs are
located in the AeDebug key in Windows. The
Dr. Watson program is installed by default in
Windows, and is configured to run when an
application error occurs (with a data value of
1 for the Auto value). The default values are
as follows:
Value Name = Auto
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = 1 or 0. (Default is 1)
Value Name = Debugger
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g
NOTE: This data value (drwtsn32 -p %ld -e
%ld -g) is specific to Dr. Watson. Alternative
debuggers will have their own values and
parameters.
Re: Urgent Help Needed On 'drwatson Postmortem Debugger'. by Valiantvaliant(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
^^^Strikingly similar result with earlier recommendation. Thanks all the same.

(1) (Reply)

LG X120 MINI New Working Laptop Keyboard Needed In Benin City. / Mp3 Converter / Gmail Spammer, Help Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.