Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour (16430 Views)

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. / What Is The Prevention, Cure And Cause Of Mouth Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2007
Hi all,
I need to reveal this to the the entire Nairalaners.

I'm the kind of person that had detected that I have Mouth Odour. And I detected this as far back as say 10 years ago (around 1997) when I was having a discussion with my class mate in the school. Everybody was talking, and when it came to my turn to contibute to the discussion, one of us just said to me that what could be smelling like this (that was immediately I started talking), I was very embarrassed and said to this person that I was the one that belch. And since this day, I have been cautioning myself to always stay a little bit far away from anybody i'm talking with because I myself alway discovered that the odour that alway come out of my mouth whenever i'm talking is not pleasant at all.

It will even better for me to say that I had detected this before the embarrassement I received in the group discussion. Because I was leaving with somebody who happen to be a friend to my grandmother during my early secondary school years. Then, there was one aunty that will never allow me to drink with her cup, which I don't know the reason for this.

To cut the story short, I don't move too closer to people when having a discussion with them because I myself know that the gas that always come out of my mouth when i'm talking is not pleasant at all. And because of this, I always found it difficult to ask a girl out.

So, I just woke up this morning and decided to find a lasting solution to my problem through this forum because I don't know when I'm going to stop being afraid to move closer and talk to people. Though, I always lick TOM TOM and BABA BLUE before talking to people but I know quite well that this always salve my problem for few minutes or hours. So Nairalanders, help me out of this problem because I know that one day, I must get married to someone and I dont want to do that with this my current problem. My God help you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by ifyalways(f): 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
go see a dentist to detect what is really wrong first.
brush well,not zig zag BUT up and down
floss after meals.
take lots of water.
minimize your sugary intake.
change your toothbrush at least every 3 months and use a good one too.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2007
Thank you. But I do make sure that I brush my teeth at least twice a day ( since I have detected this). Even most of my neighbours always asked me if I have just kiss a lady (any time they see me brushing my teeth in the afternoon or evening) that make me to be brushing my teeth at that time. Because if I don't brush my teeth regularly, I tell you, I can't tell the way my mouth will be to me that time.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by ifyalways(f): 12:11am On Dec 21, 2007
not just brushing dear but brushing well too.
i still would suggest you go see a dentist and there too you would be given tips on good brushing.
take lots of water after each meal and floss .
don't forget the tongue,it too needs to be cleaned.
all these and more would be taken care of when you see a dentist.
all the best.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by herbsman(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2007
If its not congenital, then try out these steps:

1. scub ur tongue n d upper wall of ur mouth well well until all the sediments comot patapata.

2.Buy listerine mouth wash n goggle morning n Night

3.Dont forget rules 1 n 2. or else na back to square 1.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 4:17am On Dec 23, 2007
Thanks guys.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 24, 2007
After doing all the aforementioned, also drink medicines that cleanse the insides like swedish bitters, living bitters.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2007
stillwater, I will try to quickly raise money and get, at least, one of those two medicine you mentioned. Can I get it in chemist shop, and can you please give me idea of the price of each?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by wendymanda: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2007
Like mentioned before water is critical. Also too much toothpaste and math wash is not good becuase it has soap and drying agents that dry your mouth thus causing bad breath. Sometimes use salt to brush, don't drink orange juice becuase of acid. Try eating mushrooms apples, fruits in general. Things with acid causes the pungent odor. If you have vegetable leaves that smell good, keep it in a small bad and chew on it when you feel like you breath smells. Like thyme and the sorts, make sure they are fresh, remember water is very important as it washes down the bacteria that causes bad breth. Also make sure to seek a dentist as you may have halitosis or something else, if not then try the afforementioned remedies.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2007
koseepaaro:

stillwater, I will try to quickly raise money and get, at least, one of those two medicine you mentioned. Can I get it in chemist shop, and can you please give me idea of the price of each?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a lot.

I'm not sure of the price but it could range from one thousand to two thousand naira. I don't think you can buy it in the chemist, because it is mostly sold by the dealers, but still try the chemists. There's one swedish bitters store along Western Avenue leading towards Alaka estate. If they are too expensive try drinking Agbo always. The purpose of all this is to clean your insides. smiley
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by cuteNhot(f): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2007
herbsman my ass
bet you neva tasted the good
sensimilla
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2007
Stiiwater, can you please give me their address in Alaka so that I can check it out there?

And as per the agbo you suggest, can you please, give the list of those leaves or root herbs I can buy from Elewe Omo and cook them in combination?

May all your wishes for this coming new year (2008) come to pass as you take your time to help your fellow nairalander out of ridiculous experience (Amen)

1 Like

Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by medicgold: 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2007
Mouth odour otherwiswe known as halithosis can be terribly embarrassing

it limits your social interactions and if you are in a profession that requires

communication the worse for you. TAKE THE FOLLOWING ADVICE

1- Watch the kind of food you eat; foods like beans ,meat, locus beans ,palm oil and other sugary foods

should be avoided.

2- Brush your teeth at least twice a day or after every meal

3- brush properly, brush the teeth with the gums and the tongue gently preferrably with a soft brush.

4- Do not eat late into the night.

5-Avoid smoking and alcohol intake

6- gurggle your mouth with water 3 times a day

7-Drink a lot of water

8-use mouth wash like listerine or fresh

9-  if there is no improvement see your dentist and your ENT SURGEON to rule out other medical causes.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2007
I don't have an address but the store is before those churches along western avenue before you reach Ebute metta. As for the Agbo I don't know the leaves, my mother buys  and cooks them but I'm not with her at this moment. What I know is that the water used in boiling the herbs with is"omi dun" which is ogi (pap) water. You can get it from people that sell ogi.  The people that sell the herbs can help with the exact leaves and herbs and how to cook them. Just tell them you want the type that helps clean the body system because there are different kinds for different ailments.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by almondjoy(f): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2007
@Topic

Try and see a good dentist. You may have some decaying teeth or some form of gum disease or gingivitis that keeps dead red blood cells floating around your mouth.

Goodluck! kiss
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by mecussey(m): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2007
is simple, brush ur tongue very well atleast twice a day, avoid anything like onions, and gallic, chew chewing gum always
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by omena555(f): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2007
@topic, everyone here has given u very good and useful advice. they have all spoken correctly and whatever i wld have suggested has already been treated by one or two persons out here. but i just want to add that u must not overlook the point of seeing a good dentist. PLS & PLS, GO SEE A DENTIST. afterwards u can add whatever advice u have gotten here (which i believe the dentist will also talk abt) to whatever u get from the hospital. pls see a dentist as soon as possible. dont be scared abt the financial implications (it may not even cost u much). since u have made up ur mind to get a solution to ur problem, pls go to see a dentist. cheers! smiley
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by MCLOVIN: 2:04am On Jan 02, 2008
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2008
Thank you all in the house.
I have bought LIVING BITTER last week. It was writen on the body of the container that it should be taken for 3 week and today will be the 4th day that I have been using it.
So, i pray for positive change before three weeks time.

I am also planing to buy SWEDISH BITTER after the completing of this (for 3 weeks)

Thank you all onece again, and I will be feediny you on the latest development later.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by ifyalways(f): 12:57am On Jan 04, 2008
koseepaaro:

Thank you all in the house.
I have bought LIVING BITTER last week. It was writen on the body of the container that it should be taken for 3 week and today will be the 4th day that I have been using it.
So, i pray for positive change before three weeks time.

I am also planing to buy SWEDISH BITTER after the completing of this (for 3 weeks)

Thank you all onece again, and I will be feediny you on the latest development later.
still go see a dentist
that is your best bet.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 04, 2008
almondjoy:

@Topic

Try and see a good dentist. You may have some decaying teeth or some form of gum disease or gingivitis that keeps dead red blood cells floating around your mouth.

haba, gingivitis for 10yrs straight? grin

Learn to brush your teeth. A lot of your problems wont be solved by brushing every 10 minutes if you dont understand the rudiments of brushing well. It is not about the amount of toothpaste or how new your brush is. Brush up and down at least for 1-2 mins with a brush with good but not to hard bristles. It removes a lot of the plaque stuck between ur teeth.

Wash your tongue well everyday . . . highly critical for those complaining of bad breath. Use salt and warm water to brush your mouth and get a good mouth wash to gargle on after every meal. Good luck.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by sexytitan(f): 1:26am On Jan 04, 2008
There's a disease called Sinusitis which infects the sinuses at the upper part of the nose.
The symptoms are Bad breath, continuous catarrh, and other minor things.

So if u have had catarrh and bad breath for years, i'm guessing it's sinusitis
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by sexytitan(f): 1:28am On Jan 04, 2008
If it's Sinusitis then u have to treat the sinusitis and not the mouth odour. Dont worry, it dosen't kill grin
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by kendokorea: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2008
The only way u can be free from mouth odor use (ORAMD)or ( STARTER KIT)and( NASAL SPRAY) Just 4 weeks u will be free, thats the medicine for bad breath or halitosis. it kills the bacteria in tongue. tongue is the only problem for your mouth odor. brushing your ur 1000 times cant cure it.

Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by kendokorea: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2008
oramd

Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2008
sexytitan, can you please tell us how one can treat the[b] sinusitis[/b] you talked about?
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by kendokorea: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2008
Comprehensive Treatment kit with 220 volt sinuPulse sinus irrigator.use these to cure ur mouth odor

Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by kendokorea: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2008
Comprehensive Treatment kit with 220 volt sinuPulse sinus irrigator.use these to cure ur mouth odor

Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by titilaelae(f): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2008
@Kendokorea, are all those stuff obtainable in Nigeria. If so, where? I have a couple of friends/colleagues I'd have to stylishly  ;Drecommend them to. I await your reply.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hi all in the house, I'm still using the LIVING BITTERS because it was printed in its body that it should be taken for 3 weeks.

My aim for now is to finish the LIVIG BITTERS and stop for, say, three day. Then, buy the SWEDISH BITTERS and start using that too.

Anyway, I will be feeding you on the improvement whenever I discover that.

Thank you all.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by titilaelae(f): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2008
@Kosepaaro, I beg take it easy o. Swedish Bitters, Living Bitters, Yoyo Bitters & Whatever(?) Bitters ALL do the same work. There's no point buying one and the other. Just stick to the one you have bought, shikena. Goodluck.
Re: Need Solution To Many Years Of Mouth Odour by koseepaaro(m): 11:28pm On Jan 12, 2008
The reason while I said that I will buy SWEDISH BITTERS after I finsh with this LIVING BITTERS (3 weeks usage, as written on its body label) was that it was the one I intended to buy in the first place, but because I am unable to get the SWEDISH BITTERS in every pharmacy I entered, that was why I got the LIVING BITTERS . But now, I have seen a pharmacy that sells SWEDISH BITTERS. So, that was why I thing it will be better for me to buy that too, after I might have finish with this LIVING BITTERS I'm using right now.

But according to what you people are saying, I guess the problem is from inside of me not really from mouth or teeth.

Moreover, the kind of dirty I see anytime I devicate is unexpainable.

Weeeeeeel, let's still wait and see the result I'm going to get after I finish with all these BITTERS of a thing I'm talking about, before knowning the next thing to do from lots of advices you have all given to me.

I pray for speedy improvement (Amen)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yellow/muddy Brown Eyes And Brown Spots In The Whites Of The Eyes / Doctors Invade UBTH Accounts Department To Enforce Their Salary Payment - Pics / Anambra Hospital Performs 5 Open Heart Surgeries (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.