Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (10085 Views)

Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.

Someone obviously has an inferiority complex problem as a result of his color.
There are churches here in the US and Europe with very large white christian populations so sorry... churches are not the preserve of blacks only.
To claim that developed countries prefer libraries is just stupid honestly... most of the libraries here are used by low income folks who cant afford a computer. I'm sure there are now millions of blacks who own computers as well... including many of us who attend church.

Militant atheism - a new safe haven for deluded blacks whose only understanding of science = what whites think.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ZUBY77(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Someone obviously has an inferiority complex problem as a result of his color.
There are churches here in the US and Europe with very large white christian populations so sorry... churches are not the preserve of blacks only.
To claim that developed countries prefer libraries is just stupid honestly... most of the libraries here are used by low income folks who cant afford a computer. I'm sure there are now millions of blacks who own computers as well... including many of us who attend church.

Militant atheism - a new safe haven for deluded blacks whose only understanding of science = what whites think.

You can form definitions of whatever word you chose but hey... We go to school 5 days a week and go to Church 1 day in a week. That tells me somethng.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by MrAnony1(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:
So loving this comment. You've made my morning
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mazaje(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

This deluded goon places his entire existence on the lies, myths and superstitions of the ancient jews and greek but still has the mouth to call others deluded?. . .By the way everything you KNOW and will EVER KNOW about science has been and will be ONLY as a result of what the white man has discovered and thought you either directly or indirectly FACT. . .Your entire scientific knowledge depends only on the white man and his knowledge and what he has discovered. . .So that makes you a militant atheist I guess going by your own definition. . .
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by MrAnony1(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

This deluded goon places his entire existence on the lies, myths and superstitions of the ancient jews and greek but still has the mouth to call others deluded?. . .By the way everything you KNOW and will EVER KNOW about science has been and will be ONLY as a result of what the white man has discovered and thought you either directly or indirectly FACT. . .Your entire scientific knowledge depends[b] only [/b]on the white man and his knowledge and what he has discovered. . .So that makes you a militant atheist I guess going by your own definition. . .

You have just made his point for him grin
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ZUBY77(m): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You have just made his point for him grin

Yep, the truth remains that white men are far ahead of you black a.r.se
The God you claim to know that lives somewhere in the sky is also part of what the white men thought you.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by MrAnony1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
ZUBY77:

The God you claim to know that lives somewhere in the sky is also part of what the white men thought you.
Hahahahaha...............Davidlyan has really exposed you. You truly have an inferiority complex.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
ZUBY77:

You can form definitions of whatever word you chose but hey... We go to school 5 days a week and go to Church 1 day in a week. That tells me somethng.

Makes zero sense. I dont require church attendance or religious knowledge to obtain technical skills that will provide a living for me in future. That does not invalidate retaining a personal choice to be a christian.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

This deluded goon places his entire existence on the lies, myths and superstitions of the ancient jews and greek but still has the mouth to call others deluded?. . .By the way everything you KNOW and will EVER KNOW about science has been and will be ONLY as a result of what the white man has discovered and thought you either directly or indirectly FACT. . .Your entire scientific knowledge depends only on the white man and his knowledge and what he has discovered. . .So that makes you a militant atheist I guess going by your own definition. . .

For starters, the jews arent even considered to be technically caucasian white.

Secondly, its entirely st[i]u[/i]pid for someone to whine about how black christians are mules merely following a white religion while sitting pretty with a warped scientific explanation that he copies verbatim from whites. If Zuby77 based his opinions on traditional african beliefs then he might have had a point.

We can debate the merits or demerits of religion vs science but to somehow drag skin color into the issue is absurd.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
ZUBY77:

So why do you have a problem with us copying his religious beliefs just as you copy his pseudo-science? undecided
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

For starters, the jews arent even considered to be technically caucasian white.

Secondly, its entirely st[i]u[/i]pid for someone to whine about how black christians are mules merely following a white religion while sitting pretty with a warped scientific explanation that he copies verbatim from whites. If Zuby77 based his opinions on traditional african beliefs then he might have had a point.

We can debate the merits or demerits of religion vs science but to somehow drag skin color into the issue is absurd.

The truth remains, davidylan, that today, blacks, whether in the third world, or in the diaspora, are more drawn to religion than non-blacks, especially second hand religions, because:
(a) we are economically disadvantaged and feel less in control of our lives,
(b) We come from superstitious cultures and easily migrate from 0ld superstions to new ones,
(c) We are least educated, have an aversion for rigors of scientific experimentation and analysis,therefore we have the least understanding of how the universe works.
And (d) [/b]the purveyors of religion( those who materialy benefit from religion) employ all the tricks of psychology and marketing to specifically target the often fragmented lives and minds of blacks to their benefit.

Blacks suffer from fragmented history, fragmented cultures, fragmented family setups, fragmented educational priorities [b]and therefore fragmented Realities.

It is these fragmented realities that religious fraudsters see as an inexhaustible resource to capitalise on and exploit.

This is why we have more than 10,000 churches in Lagos and also why no library had been built in Anambara since 1966.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

The truth remains, davidylan, that today, blacks, whether in the third world, or in the diaspora, are more drawn to religion than non-blacks, especially second hand religions, because:
(a) we are economically disadvantaged and feel less in control of our lives,
(b) We come from superstitious cultures and easily migrate from 0ld superstions to new ones,
(c) We are least educated, have an aversion for rigors of scientific experimentation and analysis,therefore we have the least understanding of how the universe works.
And (d) [/b]the purveyors of religion( those who materialy benefit from religion) employ all the tricks of psychology and marketing to specifically target the often fragmented lives and minds of blacks to their benefit.

Blacks suffer from fragmented history, fragmented cultures, fragmented family setups, fragmented educational priorities [b]and therefore fragmented Realities.

It is these fragmented realities that religious fraudsters see as an inexhaustible resource to capitalise on and exploit.

This is why we have more than 10,000 churches in Lagos and also why no library had been built in Anambara since 1966.

I am not disagreeing with your point. Infact i have used the same arguments to express skepticism to those who claim that somehow blacks are better "christians".

My issue with Zuby77 is simple - blacks are just as intellectually bankrupt when it comes to science. I am yet to see any atheist here defend his position on the basis of scientific facts proposed by fellow blacks. What we see here are folks who just regurgitate white textbooks and opinions as holy grail.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
I remember an incident when I was walking on a street and a white man came up to me and said " hi, you look like you have a lot things bothering you, here, take this pamphlet and read, god is here to solve all your problems and worries"
I was surprised and visibly annoyed that of all the throngs of people walking on the street, it was the black man that he thought had problems that only god could solve. I felt greatly insulted and I told him so.
It was so condenscending.
Same thing happens on subways trains. I have often found myself insulting people for this same reason. Inside a subway train, I once loudly asked an elderly lady why she thought that blacks needed god more than whites, after she came to preach to me.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

I am not disagreeing with your point. Infact i have used the same arguments to express skepticism to those who claim that somehow blacks are better "christians".

My issue with Zuby77 is simple - blacks are just as intellectually bankrupt when it comes to science. I am yet to see any atheist here defend his position on the basis of scientific facts proposed by fellow blacks. What we see here are folks who just regurgitate white textbooks and opinions as holy grail.

When it comes to science, whites are far ahead in the lead.
We do not need to re-invent the wheel.
And the reason why whites are in the scientific lead is simply because they jettisoned religious superstitions long ago.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

When it comes to science, whites are far ahead in the lead.
We do not need to re-invent the wheel.
And the reason why whites are in the scientific lead is simply because they jettisoned religious superstitions long ago.

that's a senseless and factless statement. Infact much of the scientific principles we depend on today for our scientific inventions were discovered by men who were just as steeped into religion as you accuse blacks today.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

that's a senseless and factless statement. Infact much of the scientific principles we depend on today for our scientific inventions were discovered by men who were just as steeped into religion as you accuse blacks today.

Ofcourse, the societies were deeply steeped in religion, therefore the men could not deny their background. The men were not steeped in religion, only their environments were.
The men of science were the heretics, the breakaway factions, the rebels who risked their lives and limbs to contradict the religiously inspired worldview of their eras.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Let me repeat once again:

Whites are far in scientific achievements simply because they jettisoned religious superstitions long ago.
That is a fact, does anyone wish to dispute this fact?

Jettisoned means casting off something you had.

They had it,they just simply started casting it off and their world took a completely different turn.
Not so?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton: Let me repeat once again:

Whites are far in scientific achievements simply because they jettisoned religious superstitions long ago.
That is a fact, does anyone wish to dispute this fact?

Jettisoned means casting off something you had.

They had it,they just simply started casting it off and their world took a completely different turn.
Not so?

again a factless statement. Any proof that western countries only started developing after jettisoning christianity? last i checked they were light yrs ahead of us 500 yrs ago.

Also i note you did not comment on the fact that a lot of the scientific theories on which most of our inventions today are based where developed at a time scientists were clearly religious individuals.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

again a factless statement. Any proof that western countries only started developing after jettisoning christianity? last i checked they were light yrs ahead of us 500 yrs ago.

Also i note you did not comment on the fact that a lot of the scientific theories on which most of our inventions today are based where developed at a time scientists were clearly religious individuals.

I always laugh when you guys demand proof of this and proof of that.
I am definitely not going to wastse time here to argue with you Davidylan, that scienctific discovery and achievements, freedom, etc etc, all started with the gradual immasculation of the church and churchmen and their worldviews.
There are somethings that are just not worth debating in this era.

The first page of my class three intergrated science textbook told me so long time ago.
If you dont know that fact, i can't help you and I wont argue with you.

Because an individual hails from a religious background does not grant credit for his scientific achievements to his religion.
The early scientists were people who rebelled against long held religious worldviews.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

I always laugh when you guys demand proof of this and proof of that.
I am definitely not going to wastse time here to argue with you Davidylan, that scienctific discovery and achievements, freedom, etc etc, all started with the gradual immasculation of the church and churchmen and their worldviews.
There are somethings that are just not worth debating in this era.

The first page of my class three intergrated science textbook told me so long time ago.
If you dont know that fact, i can't help you and I wont argue with you.

Because an individual hails from a religious background does not grant credit for his scientific achievements to his religion.
The early scientists were people who rebelled against long held religious worldviews.

Isnt it funny then how you goons are too busy to provide proof from your empty claims while bleating loudly for proof from the religious?
Dont be ridiculous, the idea that somehow the emasculation of religion was what prompted technological advancement is downright st[i]up[/i]id because the facts to the contrary are before us.

Oh the early scientists were only folks who rebelled against the church? Daft.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Isnt it funny then how you goons are too busy to provide proof from your empty claims while bleating loudly for proof from the religious?
Dont be ridiculous, the idea that somehow the emasculation of religion was what prompted technological advancement is downright st[i]up[/i]id because the facts to the contrary are before us.

Oh the early scientists were only folks who rebelled against the church? Daft.

Davidylan, The bolded was not necessary.
I was just about getting used to the new you which I like better.
hhmmm.

Once the debate takes on this sour flavour,I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mukoloAndy(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
[/quote][quote author=wesley80]Proverbs 4:7-9 Wisdom is the principal thing therefor get wisdom and in all thine getting, get understanding 8 Exalt Her and She shall promote thee, she shall bring thee to honour when thou embrace her 9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of Grace; A crown of Glory shall she deliver thee.

1 Corinthians 1:25 The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of the world is foolishness unto God.

If there be a house that teaches "wisdom" aside the church, show it to me and therein shall I abide for surely there lies the Spirit of God!

Well said!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by omoba4real: 2:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Universal Decimal Classification (UDC): A Most For All Libraries.

What is UDC?
The UDC is the world's foremost multilingual classification scheme for all fields of knowledge and a sophisticated indexing and retrieval tool. It is a highly flexible classification system for all kinds of information in any medium. UDC provides a systematic arrangement of all branches of human knowledge organized as a coherent system in which knowledge fields are related and inter-linked.

Originally based on the Dewey Decimal Classification, the UDC was developed as a new analytico-synthetic classification system with a significantly larger vocabulary and syntax that enables very detailed content indexing and information retrieval in large collections.

Because of its logical hierarchical arrangement and analytico-synthetic nature, it is suitable for physical organization of collections as well as document browsing and searching. The UDC is structured in such a way that new developments and new fields of knowledge can be readily incorporated. The code itself is independent of any particular language or script (consisting of arabic numerals and common punctuation marks), and the accompanying class descriptions have appeared in many translated versions.
Who is using UDC?
The scheme is in worldwide use, and has been published in whole or in part in over 40 different languages (see bibliography of UDC editions). UDC is used in around 150,000 libraries in 130 countries and in many bibliographical services which require detailed content indexing. In a number of countries it is the main classification system for information exchange and is used in all type of libraries: public, school, academic and special libraries.

Read More: http://blog.goodbooksafrica.com/2014/08/universal-decimal-classification-udc.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? / Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ / Daddy Hezekiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.