Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

TWO Journalists Were Beaten Up By Security Guards When Discharging Their Duties - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / TWO Journalists Were Beaten Up By Security Guards When Discharging Their Duties (936 Views)

Top 10 Warlords Of Romanceland That Were Beaten And Injured / Lagos Driver Brutally Beaten By A Policeman For Scratching A Car (photos) / Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TWO Journalists Were Beaten Up By Security Guards When Discharging Their Duties by vicky85(f): 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
Just In: A security outfit belonging to the Lagos State Government, The Neighbourhood Guards, today descended so low to the level of 'Area Boys' by pouncing on photo-journalists covering the release of corpse of Dana crash victims at the Ikeja General Hospital Mortuary, using bottles and sticks to cordon off the media men.
Under the watch of the police, Benedict Iwalaka of Leadership Newspaper was beaten to a pulp by the Neighbourhood Guards for daring to do his job, while the camera belonging to Kola Olasupo of ThisDay was seized and crushed.
Right now, Iwalaka who has just regained consciousness is still drench in the pool of his blood and is receiving treatment at the hospital.
Akinola Ariyo of New Nigeria Newspaper had to run for his dear life to escape the lynch, but was no so lucky as his work-tool still got damaged.
The men of the Neighborhood team claimed that they were being crowded by journalists, hence the attack....Lagos State governor, pls take note!...see how Benedict was badly beaten on my dp!

Re: TWO Journalists Were Beaten Up By Security Guards When Discharging Their Duties by vicky85(f): 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
The time has come to show you how powerful we (journalist) are?

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Check A PM Message Sent To Me On NL / i / HELP; How To Get National Id Card And International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.