Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite (27423 Views)

Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 Plane Wreckage Found Off The Coast Of Africa? / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister / 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
dammytosh: [size=13pt]Hmm, Is anybody seeing what i am seeing ?

There is no NIGERIA on the map.

I guess this 2015 disintegration is real after all going by different flags and threats coming every where.

[/size]

there is no super-imposed GIS info, dummy
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by wandeay: 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
this shows GEJ is incompetent
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by freecocoa(f): 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
Where are the houses na?I'm not seeing any house. undecided
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
took an extensive course in SATELLITE meteorology for my DSC

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by phreakabit(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
ANY-PEN :
Why is it looking very fragile to me? Like it can move, break or sink!!!

Stay off the kpoli for a while mate. . .
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by phreakabit(m): 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
wandeay: this shows GEJ is incompetent

Na lie! It is Fulani that cause it.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
martin92: how does dat change the price of fuel in nigeria. Mtcheew
I certainly don't know the span of your comprehension on the subject at hand but I will recommend still that you stretch your horizon with the term Environmental sustainability. To your question, YES it can change the price of fuel even in Nigeria. When you look at the photo you may see just the 'usual' Africa but as someone has briefed on the imagery in respect to water, rich vegetation and deserts, someone also highlighted (which is evidently true) the need to halt increasing desertification on the continent. Do you know the implication of desertification? It means deforestation and reduction of valuable water. Do you know how many people rely on the woods from forests for livelihood especially a developing continent as an alternative source of energy? Or the need to harness water for power generation as done in various parts of the continent? Now take out the forests and water as natural alternative source of energy and sincerely tell that what you see in that photo does not ring a possible cause for concern in affecting the price of fuel in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Wallie(m): 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
Onyenna:

lagerwhenindoubt, if u are standing behind me and I take a picture facing front, will u appear in that picture?......

Especially when you consider the fact that you're 4 times bigger than he his!

The Moon is 1/4 of Earth's diameter and is an Earth satellite. Meaning that the Moon orbits around the Earth synchronously. There's nothing to see from the Moon's surface that faces the Earth but Earth. If you want to see something different like other planetary bodies, then you would have to go to the opposite surface from the surface facing Earth.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by phreakabit(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
Wallie:

The Moon is 1/4 of Earth's diameter and is an Earth satellite. Meaning that the Moon orbits around the Earth synchronously. There's nothing to see from the Moon's surface that faces the Earth but Earth. If you want to see something different like other planetary bodies, then you would have to go to the opposite surface from the surface facing Earth.

The emboldened sounds so wrong. . . So wrong !

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
Wallie:

If you want to see something different like other planetary bodies, then you would have to go to the opposite surface from the surface facing Earth.

You won't be able to see anything other than stars, meteo showers (a lot) and the sun. The earth will appear on the moon's horizon just like the way we see the moon from earth. Although the heavens will definitely be more clear and you won't be able to see the twinkle in the stars (our atmosphere causes the twinkle effect) since there is no atmosphere on the moon owing to it's low gravitational pull.
And finally you are most likely to be hit by a meteo, thats the moon's job, to catch stray asteriods and meteors the reason for all those craters.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
QUIZ TIME:

The martian atmosphere can generate surface winds exceeding hurricane force here on earth (greater than 100miles per hour) but it will feel on you like a gentle breeze, why?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by KayDee4: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
O_D_B: [b]QUIZ TIME:[/b]The martian atmosphere can generate surface winds exceeding hurricane force here on earth (greater than 100miles per hour) but it will feel on you like a gentle breeze, why?
[size=15pt] The pressure on mars is a lot lower than what we have on earth[/size]

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by 2bey(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
Dear Nairalanders, you guys sure do have a way of displaying your ostentaciousness, how can sm1 see a map and instead of commenting like a creature with a head, goes ahead to ask how the image displayed affects the price of petrol. It never was a crime to not spout nonsense about stuff you aren't knowledgeable about.
It's desert encroahment that is being refered to . . . C'd some persons like (refuses to name names) stop disgracing their Alma-maters. . . Isn't it enough that you are just online must you go ahead to display your heightened level of ignorance and lack of valuable things to say.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=14pt] The pressure on mars is a lot lower than what we have on earth[/size]

well pressure isn't the answer am looking for, more like air density as a result of the lower gravitational force which can only bind light gasses close to the surface. But you still get a cookie grin
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
This is a sad picture. It shows Africa at night. It really is dark

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by johnshagb(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
martin92: how does dat change the price of fuel in nigeria. Mtcheew

Am tired of comments like this jor. >:.
Guy abeg grow up
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Ramcie(f): 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
Wow! So breathtaking . God is indeed wonderful. kiss

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by bambuzz88: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
Atlantic lookin mighty just like pacific
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Ramcie(f): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
O_D_B: This is a sad picture. It shows Africa at night. It really is dark
Africa is not so dark jor, at least from the location of Nigeria in this map, light dey for Aso rock alone grin ( Nigeria s a bit illuminated on the map)
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ariy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
Abujafood: Wonderful pix! The shape of Africa looking like a horse's head!
i like the way you see it
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ramcie: Africa is not so dark jor, at least from the location of Nigeria in this map, light dey for Aso rock alone grin ( Nigeria s a bit illuminated on the map)

I was referring to Africa as a whole especially central Africa
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by topsy1971: 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
Just take a look at the west Africa belt. Lush green vegetation! A natural agricultural blessing. We have all it takes to feed the entire continent and beyond. However bad leadership has crippled this endowment. I really pity my people.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by manosteel(m): 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
What is the new thing here, it's something we have known before right from elementary geography.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by killuminati(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Football field (light green)
Swimming pool (light blue)
small white dots inside the deep Blue (Sea) - Ice fish.
Light brown - Egbo plantation.
Black Spot near Nigeria - Ghana.

are you a geographist?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Aksally(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Laugh want make me run pass Usaain Bolt. I beg which side of the blue sea I fit see point and kill?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by chucky234(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nice shot, another move by oyibo to enslave Africa,imagine those oyibos will be watching us from their backyard.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by purpinkx(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

lwkm ..@Black spot near Nigeria = Ghana
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by purpinkx(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
Abujafood: Wonderful pix! The shape of Africa looking like a horse's head!
put your goggles on :-/
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by jude33084(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
Rossikk: More than half the continent is just pure desert.

Ɣ☺Ʊ said Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† is not true ƌ̲̣̣̣̥n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊
Ɣ☺Ʊ got two likes? Na wah oh!

wink

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nchuanwu: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
The six blind men of Hindustine who went to see the elephant ...
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
oooo0 its pretty??
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by skydeexie(m): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
I thought prophet Mohammed (SAW) said the world was flat and the Sun sets in the west in a muddy pond I am really confused angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research / Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.