Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,860 members, 7,798,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Help Needed With Fresh Windows Installation - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Needed With Fresh Windows Installation (707 Views)

Help Me!! This Windows Installation Don Tire Me. / How To Remove Previous Windows Installation Files After Installing Windows 10 / Help Needed With Handycafe Software! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed With Fresh Windows Installation by mrjonz(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2007
Am no good at posting but please i really need your help in solving this particular problem:
I performed a clean installation of Win XP Pro and after going through the necessary processes and copying the necessary files after formatting, the setup stops responding. It hangs when its performing the remaining tasks like 'loading ""HIVE.SYS"" before the redline appears for rebooting and continuing the setup with the GUI interface. i have purchased and tried different installation cd's but to no avail. Any suggestions would be most welcome on how i will resolve this issue @ urchmanjones@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed With Fresh Windows Installation by Ivvie: 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2007
Re do your installation. Your copy of Windows might be corrupt or sectors of your CD might not be readable that's why it can't copy. Clean the disc or use a scratch removal hardware.
Re: Help Needed With Fresh Windows Installation by koseepaaro(m): 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2007
Guy, I personally didn't get you. Did you experience the problem when the system is loading files (immediately you see "press any key to boot from CD" and you press any key of your choice and the system started loading files) or after setup formatted your system and started copying windows files from xp cd you inserted into the cd- rom drive into your hard drive automatically?

So, let that be clear so as not to be saying nonsense.
Re: Help Needed With Fresh Windows Installation by skipo87(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2007
whatever u mean what i'll advice is, go purchase a pirated edition of windows xp from computer village, format ur hard disc and reinstall windows xp

(1) (Reply)

Mac Os / Tweak Tips In Windows / The Arrival Of Revolutionary It Magazine In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.