Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Witchcraft/witches/sorcery - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Witchcraft/witches/sorcery (2107 Views)

No More Witches In Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 10, 2012
as Africans(i don't care about what the others will say) we have all heard about witches/super natural power/etc ...my question is how can we use such knowledge to defeat the western and make our continent shine.....why do we only use those spiritual power to kill our neighbors/to steal ...why Africans do not launch invisible missile or do not haunt those obama/sarkozy/cameron etc...are we condemned to stay at the bottom of the world? so what do you think about it? an pharmaceutic industry only based on our medicinal plants ? modern/spiritual to kill those who keep invading our land.....
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
Witchcraft has its origins in Europe, not Africa.
When the slave dominated Africa, a way to remove African traditions and impose their own, was to demonize every element of African culture. The big mistake was that Satan does not exist in traditional African culture, Satan is an element of Jewish-Christian culture.
Dear friend ... traditional African religions are not launching missiles witchcraft ... not invisible, nor eradicate the world of tyrants like Obama.
To overcome certain problems, the best thing is the culture, and a form of culture is to recognize African identity; banish all the lies of the colonizers, and to rediscover the profound cultural and traditional richness of Africa.
Then, if you want to embrace some traditional religion, do it, but knowing you it's not witchcraft, but due to deep ethical roots, roots that unknown West.
My respects.
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ptolomeus: Witchcraft has its origins in Europe, not Africa.
When the slave dominated Africa, a way to remove African traditions and impose their own, was to demonize every element of African culture. The big mistake was that Satan does not exist in traditional African culture, Satan is an element of Jewish-Christian culture.
Dear friend ... traditional African religions are not launching missiles witchcraft ... not invisible, nor eradicate the world of tyrants like Obama.
To overcome certain problems, the best thing is the culture, and a form of culture is to recognize African identity; banish all the lies of the colonizers, and to rediscover the profound cultural and traditional richness of Africa.
Then, if you want to embrace some traditional religion, do it, but knowing you it's not witchcraft, but due to deep ethical roots, roots that unknown West.
My respects.
thanks..my brother it makes sense ..
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: thanks..my brother it makes sense ..

I that I have to thank his kindness, and friendliness of all the brothers on the forum.
A big hug, dear brother!
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ptolomeus:

I that I have to thank his kindness, and friendliness of all the brothers on the forum.
A big hug, dear brother!
who?
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
this thread is reeking with high levels of ignorance! angry angry

how many times do i have to tell that the SPirtiual forces are NOT your slaves whom you can just command to pelt someone with air-bombs! angry they only influence the course of events and for that we humans must sacrifice. be it in the form of possesions or hard-work or anything for that matter. we cant command and control them. the Gods hardly care for good vs evil.

the Gods only help those who help themselves. .
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
this thread is reeking with high levels of ignorance! angry angry

how many times do i have to tell that the SPirtiual forces are NOT your slaves whom you can just command to pelt someone with air-bombs! angry they only influence the course of events and for that we humans must sacrifice. be it in the form of possesions or hard-work or anything for that matter. we cant command and control them. the Gods hardly care for good vs evil.

the Gods only help those who help themselves. .
i'm sorry ...i didn't want to vex someone....just looking for an opportunity to make our knowledge rentable and useful for us
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i'm sorry ...i didn't want to vex someone....just looking for an opportunity to make our knowledge rentable and useful for us

you dont have to be sorry brother. i can sometimes be rude because ive explained this point before loads of times. it is obvious that you havent come across those posts. it is sortof in my nature. i should be sorry. i can understand what you mean. you see, many of us Africans even sided with europeans and fought amonst ourselves. we were never truly united you see. so not much effort was put in. yes the knowledge can be made useful in other ways. .
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by ifyalways(f): 8:46am On Aug 12, 2012
Who uses witchcraft to steal?
@OP, you think say na so e easy?mothers for don dey give dem pikins witch chop so they can use spiritual eyes, nose and bag magnet money from bank vaults.
Btw, are we talking of real witchcraft Abi na nollywood own?lol
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
ifyalways: Who uses witchcraft to steal?
@OP, you think say na so e easy?mothers for don dey give dem pikins witch chop so they can use spiritual eyes, nose and bag magnet money from bank vaults.
people use ritual to kill or travel in the night ....why they do not use the same things to immigrate in western country take money and come back with it...or they can launch mystic missiles on obama angry angryinstead of killing their brothers in the village... Nollywood can teach us lmao
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
ifyalways: Who uses witchcraft to steal?
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you dont have to be sorry brother. i can sometimes be rude because ive explained this point before loads of times. it is obvious that you havent come across those posts. it is sortof in my nature. i should be sorry. i can understand what you mean. you see, many of us Africans even sided with europeans and fought amonst ourselves. we were never truly united you see. so not much effort was put in. yes the knowledge can be made useful in other ways. .
so when do we start the union......? and it's okay
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: who?

Only sincerely grateful to you and other colleagues in the forum.
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: so when do we start the union......? and it's okay

without Spiritual progress, there cant be material progress. also it must be noted that christians and muslims can never live within one roof and both are a hindrance to progress and development. first we must start with grasroots level. btw what tribe are you from you can start at home. convince fellow tribe members to adopt traditional faith. once it spreads other tribes will also understand. no more tithes, no more useless man-worship and lack of identity and goals.

when we are all united under the banner of Traditional Paganism, the union will come.
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Only sincerely grateful to you and other colleagues in the forum.
thank u on the behalf of my colleagues we are happy to be among our NIGERIAN brother .....thanks again
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

without Spiritual progress, there cant be material progress. also it must be noted that christians and muslims can never live within one roof and both are a hindrance to progress and development. first we must start with grasroots level. btw what tribe are you from you can start at home. convince fellow [b]tribe [/b]members to adopt traditional faith. once it spreads other tribes will also understand. no more tithes, no more useless man-worship and lack of identity and goals.

when we are all united under the banner of Traditional Paganism, the union will come.
ETHNICITY... AND I"M EWONDO
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: people use ritual to kill or travel in the night ....why they do not use the same things to immigrate in western country take money and come back with it...or they can launch mystic missiles on obama angry angryinstead of killing their brothers in the village... Nollywood can teach us lmao

Dear friend.
You say that "people use the ritual of killing or driving at night" ....
It is at that point where you start from a wrong premise.
Do not link African traditional religions, with witchcraft, because that is a mistake.
I have already explained elsewhere interveci, which have been the slave who introduced the concept of witchcraft in African religions ... they were biased, with the purpose of cultural dominance.
If we do not understand that, if we believe that the pincar segumos a doll with a needle are killing people ... or that there are people flying on a broom ... the ignorant are we!
My greatest respect.

Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ETHNICITY... AND I"M EWONDO

ah i see. you are another one of them who consider the word "tribe" insulting. personally, i dont mind it. it is useful because it is easier to call ourselves tribal people rathar than ethnic people.

so you are from the Beti-Pahuin. good. you can then practice Bwiti religion. i had even posted an entire thread on it. you can search through my archives.

[img]http://program.unblog.fr/files/2008/11/bwitiweb.jpg[/img]

here: https://www.nairaland.com/818663/bwiti-religion-gabons-return-paganism

Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: thank u on the behalf of my colleagues we are happy to be among our NIGERIAN brother .....thanks again

1. Dear brother. I am a foreigner, and I feel I should be grateful for the respect and affection they give me the vast majority of you.

2. Your last comment has been excellent. I fully share. I understand the difficulty of union, which exists in Africa ... favored by so many historical facts, and for so many centuries ...
As a foreigner who loves African history and its people realize that there's a big problem of identity. This has been facilitated by the colonists, and also, the situation becomes more difficult to understand ...
But I have greater confidence that little by little, they will become aware, the lies that dominated for centuries foreign fall, and the traditions, culture and the historical truths of Africa will again be the fate of all beloved children of Africa .
As my friend said PAGAN 9JA, the gods help, but let us help us!
Warm regards!
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
I understand that we are all talking about peace, and unity.
We also agree to claim the ancient traditions ...
Everyone is talking about union ...
We will then begin.
Is that the big problem in Africa? The problem is that even in the moment when two people agree to begin discussions minor issues?
It's so hard to unite? add?.
To become a crowd, it is first necessary that at least two people to agree with an idea ...
It is so difficult that?
What is the problem?
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend.
You say that "people use the ritual of killing or driving at night" ....
It is at that point where you start from a wrong premise.
Do not link African traditional religions, with witchcraft, because that is a mistake.
I have already explained elsewhere interveci, which have been the slave who introduced the concept of witchcraft in African religions ... they were biased, with the purpose of cultural dominance.
If we do not understand that, if we believe that the pincar segumos a doll with a needle are killing people ... or that there are people flying on a broom ... the ignorant are we!
My greatest respect.
i'm sorry you know my mind is still full of european crap and conception .is full of our they described us..but anyway i'm trying to get rid of those craps but it's not easy ..i remember 4 years ago in my country there was a meeting about African languages ...the purpose was to chose an African language as official language ..people clearly refused to do so saying that they prefer to talk french or english instead of talking Ewondo/bamileke etc/.....at my level i decided that my children won't bear western first name....
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ah i see. you are another one of them who consider the word "tribe" insulting. personally, i dont mind it. it is useful because it is easier to call ourselves tribal people rathar than ethnic people.

so you are from the Beti-Pahuin. good. you can then practice Bwiti religion. i had even posted an entire thread on it. you can search through my archives.

[img]http://program.unblog.fr/files/2008/11/bwitiweb.jpg[/img]

here: https://www.nairaland.com/818663/bwiti-religion-gabons-return-paganism
the word tribe is insulting/pejorative...i dislike it you can call a tribe someone/something which existed european didn't even know how to write and didn't have a language a why we didn't say the say the corse tribe or the basque tribe........by the way i'm BETI not pahouin ....we conquered them and assimilated them (long story)
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: the word tribe is insulting/pejorative...i dislike it you can call a tribe someone/something which existed european didn't even know how to write and didn't have a language a why we didn't say the say the corse tribe or the basque tribe........by the way i'm BETI not pahouin ....we conquered them and assimilated them (long story)

because Basque and corse are not the same tribes as 2000 years ago. it isn now only a linguistic based group.

and finally, europe has lost all her tribes (except the Sami) after the advent of christianity by 800 A.D. and so today have lost their original cultures and religions. europeans still refer to their ancestral ethnic groups as tribes. Examples are the Saxons, visigoths, Franks,, Germanic tribe (Angles, Jutes, etc.), Norse, Celts, Gauls, Britons, Pictish tribes, etc. (all nowextinct but referred to in history books as tribes).

same case with countries such as North America (Sioux, Cormanche tribes, etc), South America (Aymara, Quechua, etc), India, China, SOuth East Asia, etc (Dayaks, Gonds, Bhils, Maoris, etc.)

ah i see about Beti-Pauhin. but they all share common ancestry it seems, along with Fangs , Bulas , etc.
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by Ptolomeus(m): 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

because Basque and corse are not the same tribes as 2000 years ago. it isn now only a linguistic based group.

and finally, europe has lost all her tribes (except the Sami) after the advent of christianity by 800 A.D. and so today have lost their original cultures and religions. europeans still refer to their ancestral ethnic groups as tribes. Examples are the Saxons, visigoths, Franks,, Germanic tribe (Angles, Jutes, etc.), Norse, Celts, Gauls, Britons, Pictish tribes, etc. (all nowextinct but referred to in history books as tribes).

same case with countries such as North America (Sioux, Cormanche tribes, etc), South America (Aymara, Quechua, etc), India, China, SOuth East Asia, etc (Dayaks, Gonds, Bhils, Maoris, etc.)

ah i see about Beti-Pauhin. but they all share common ancestry it seems, along with Fangs , Bulas , etc.

Exactly the same happens in South America.
Except to the Mayans, the Incas and Aztecs, to all other American ethnic groups are called "tribe."
I do not know if the word "tribe" is derogatory or not ... but you observe that a great match between America and Africa ....
All indigenous traditions were considered barbaric, uncivilized, and beliefs considered "witchcraft", their languages ​​have almost disappeared.
Coincidence?
Or modus operandi of the conquerors?

Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by ezeagu(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
Tribe is defined by groups linked together by blood, like an extended family. Many groups in Africa are not tribes, but are composed of tribes, and sometimes kingdoms, empires and states.
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:52am On Aug 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Exactly the same happens in South America.
Except to the Mayans, the Incas and Aztecs, to all other American ethnic groups are called "tribe."
I do not know if the word "tribe" is derogatory or not ... but you observe that a great match between America and Africa ....
All indigenous traditions were considered barbaric, uncivilized, and beliefs considered "witchcraft", their languages ​​have almost disappeared.
Coincidence?
Or modus operandi of the conquerors?

yes!
Re: Witchcraft/witches/sorcery by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:54am On Aug 14, 2012
ezeagu: Tribe is defined by groups linked together by blood, like an extended family. Many groups in Africa are not tribes, but are composed of tribes, and sometimes kingdoms, empires and states.

kingdoms, empires and states are political levels of administration and have nothing to do with tribe. a tribe is an entity (you were right on this), linked together by common blood, culture, religion, way of life, and identity. similar to a sub-species. grin

The Mona Lisa Potrait / Another Bobrisky But More Sexier / Do Africans Owe African Americans Reparations?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62