Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? (9453 Views)

Do Prenuptial Agreements Work In Nigeria? / Guys, 'prenuptial Agreement' To Avoid Alimony, Palimony And D Monies? / Prenuptial Agreements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2012
A Gold Digger is a Gold Digger With or Without A Prenup

My dear NL in family section I greet,this is my first post I think.

I have a question which was inspired after watching a South African movie and this is it; what is the use of making ur partner (wife) sign a pre-nup when at the end if its your property she's after and she will still get it.

The scenario am about to paint is a black woman who got married to a white south African, his family says she's after his money so she must sign a pre-nup for them to be sure she was not interested in their sons wealth, which she did.

After the wedding, because of the love the husband had for her, he sponsored her on various trips abroad, mostly over budgeted. Any gift the husband gave her was and must always be in her name, from building house for her family to buying a shop, cars and boutiques in her name and all. She made him move outside the area his family was living to another state so they won't have control or say, they were not bothered cos according to them, she signed a prenup.

After running down his company to open hers which were in her name and family members name, she divorced her husband. They could not do anything when they found out cos according to the lawyer, what she now has were gifts given to her by her husband. He was heartbroken and ended up in the psychiatric ward.

So my point is, a gold digger is a gold digger with or with a prenup. Most of them don't need half of your wealth in d case of a divorce, but a means to open their own coy thru ur company.

So from the above case scenario, is prenup really necessary to a gold digger? cos if she wants gold she can stil get it with or without a prenup.

Second question: if its the woman that is rich do men sign prenup? cos I have never heard or seen a man sign prenup b4 marriage, anticipating your constructive comments.

Thanks.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
Interesting! The babe na sharp babe. She knew what she wanted in the union and went for it despite the conditions. grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by ifihearam: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Well the babe did not do well because the guy in question loved her unconditionally,well i do not see anything smart about her though because he did what he thought was right but the babe obviously had a different agenda. You see why it is sometimes necessary to listen to your family.

5 Likes

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by dare2think: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
sally bonne:

So my point is, a gold digger is a gold digger with or with a prenup.

Only if a foolish man allows such. The man you described in your post falls into that category, the category of utmost foolishness.

A grown man that needed his family to convince him to sign a pre-nupt is not a man in control, hence he is susceptible to a gold digger anyway, with or without a pre-nupt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by yuzedo: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
Was she a Yoruba babe? (No Offence) undecided

grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by LongOne1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
The moral of the story, in my opinion is not to give gifts to your wife in her name if there is a pre-nuptial agreement.
In this case, the pre-nup will still be necessary, as she won’t be able to keep your gold even if she has access to it.

As for your second question, yes I guess.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sunkoye: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
real guyz are smarter than those ones in the movies these dayz.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by BlackBaron: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
Prenups are meant to protect from those using the guise of marriages as an institutionalised form of golddigging.

That fictional dude in the OP was just as silly and useful as a door mat to that lady.

Adding to that...a post I lifted off the internet just exactly sums up my feeling on gold diggers.

"...The worst part of it all is there's an entire generation of women out there and an even more numerous younger generation of girls coming up behind them who are of the mentality that the only way to do things is to land a well off/outright rich man, and make him pay for every last little thing they desire, pop a few kids out and wait for the divorce to eventually manifest itself and then cha-ching! And what's worse is there's an entire echelon of feminist "intellectuals" out there who'll defend said strumpets every step of the way and use a defence barely any more opaque than 'Tough, the man-bastard had it coming for being a man! Go sisterhood!..."

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by SisiKill1: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
Lmao @ Tgirl cheesy cheesy

@ OP
Google Maddonna and Guy Richie and read all about their divorce wahala! She didn't make him sign a prenup, after the divorce he got a huge payout. Same deal with Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe. Then there is also Roseanne (From the Roseanne show) she went as far as firing her lawyers for even suggesting her gold digging husband Arnold sigh a prenup (I'm telling you, this guy might as well have had GOLD DIGGERY IS MY SPECIALTY tattoted in GOLD on his forehead, that's how obvious he was. When they divorced a couple or so years later, Dude walked away with a cool $90 million. Did I mention he was a lowly writer for some 3rd rate sitcoms when they got married? lipsrsealed

From my observation, women who are considerable wealthier than their spouse don't shove the prenup thingy down the men's throat (they are always like I love him, I trust him, whatever I have is his blah blah blah). It's the men who make a big brouhaha about the whole thing. . . "oh my money, money, She wonno take my hard earned money ooooh! Egba mi!!" Gimme a break!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sunkoye: 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
angry
yuzedo: Was she a Yoruba babe? (No Offence) undecided

more like ur sista though!

2 Likes

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by acidtalk: 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
This is what some nairalanders had to say on this same issue-

https://www.nairaland.com/971197/parting-half-wealth-during-divorce
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by ronkebp(f): 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
The guy should be loving her from the psychiatric ward he is now!!! A foolish man will still remain a foolish man whether they sign a prenup or not. If he was my son (Godforbid), i would have disowned him and adopted that his wife as my daughter.

1 Like

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by IleIfe2(m): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2012

LMAO see this guy o. a Yoruba girl has showed you pepper abi. nice
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sammirano: 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
it's girls that pushes for prenup because it is a win win thing for them
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by IleIfe2(m): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
ronkebp: The guy should be loving her from the psychiatric ward he is now!!! A foolish man will still remain a foolish man whether they sign a prenup or not. If he was my son (Godforbid), i would disowned him and [b]adopted [/b]that his wife as my daughter.

[size=17pt]Yaaaaaayyyyy Oro ooooooooooooooooooooo!!![/size] lmao
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by Claus(m): 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Lmao @ Tgirl cheesy cheesy

@ OP
Google Maddonna and Guy Richie and read all about their divorce wahala! She didn't make him sign a prenup, after the divorce he got a huge payout. Same deal with Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe. Then there is also Roseanne (From the Roseanne show) she went as far as firing her lawyers for even suggesting her gold digging husband Arnold sigh a prenup (I'm telling you, this guy might as well have had GOLD DIGGERY IS MY SPECIALTY tattoted in GOLD on his forehead, that's how obvious he was. When they divorced a couple or so years later, Dude walked away with a cool $90 million. Did I mention he was a lowly writer for some 3rd rate sitcoms when they got married? lipsrsealed

From my observation, women who are considerable wealthier than their spouse don't shove the prenup thingy down the men's throat (they are always like I love him, I trust him, whatever I have is his blah blah blah). It's the men who make a big brouhaha about the whole thing. . . "oh my money, money, She wonno take my hard earned money ooooh! Egba mi!!" Gimme a break!!! cheesy

From your 3 sample observation??
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by IleIfe2(m): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
sammirano: it's girls that pushes for prenup because it is a win win thing for them

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
First of all guys tanks 4 d comments but before I comment I want to thank Tgirl4real I got your email and am grateful, tanks 4 the moddification though
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
Tgirl4real: Interesting! The babe na sharp babe. She knew what she wanted in the union and went for it despite the conditions. grin

Yeah that means pre-nup is not necessary these days cos the aim can still be achieved . Nice one
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by SisiKill1: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
Claus:

From your 3 sample observation??
Didn't know you wanted a book full

. . .Be Right Back with that. Don't go away oh.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by IleIfe2(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
sally bonne: First of all guys tanks 4 d comments but before I comment I want to thank Tgirl4real I got your email and am grateful, tanks 4 the moddification though

That guy who's about to marry you is finished. Sorry for him. SMH grin grin grin

What's the title of the South African movie? LMAO
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2012

If u read my post I said a southafrican movie, abeg this is not a tribal issue
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
Long One: The moral of the story, in my opinion is not to give gifts to your wife in her name if there is a pre-nuptial agreement.
In this case, the pre-nup will still be necessary, as she won’t be able to keep your gold even if she has access to it.

As for your second question, yes I guess.

Haba now, so if u nuy gifts for ur wife let's say a car it must be in ur name or mr and mrs funny but nice comment tho!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by dayokanu(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
When dealing with gold digging women you have to be sharp all the way
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
dare2think:

Only if a foolish man allows such. The man you described in your post falls into that category, the category of utmost foolishness.

A grown man that needed his family to convince him to sign a pre-nupt is not a man in control, hence he is susceptible to a gold digger anyway, with or without a pre-nupt.

=))º°˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚°º‎​=)). But my post is jst an example it can happen to anybody, whether foolish or unfoolish
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by jcross19: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=Sisi_Kill]Lmao @ Tgirl cheesy cheesy

@ OP

From my observation, women who are considerable wealthier than their spouse don't shove the prenup thingy down the men's throat (they are always like I love him, I trust him, whatever I have is his blah blah blah). It's the men who make a big brouhaha about the whole thing. . . "oh my money, money, She wonno take my hard earned money ooooh! Egba mi!!" Gimme a break!!! cheesy[/quote/ in the first place why did they get marry , why pre-nup thing came into their mind at the first place ? white man culture or lifestyle is rubbish and unGodly. you marry someone you love and that love you back and the marriage will last than suggesting pre-nup signing that show dishonesty to each other.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by SisiKill1: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Lmao @ Tgirl cheesy cheesy

@ OP

I like ur comment and yep I googled it o, it seems dis prenup thing is more with the women signing it than the men and maybe younger generations(up coming golddiggers as some people will call them) watching have decided to manoevre a way to go around d obstacle( prenup)
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
ronkebp: The guy should be loving her from the psychiatric ward he is now!!! A foolish man will still remain a foolish man whether they sign a prenup or not. If he was my son (Godforbid), i would have disowned him and adopted that his wife as my daughter.

LMAO, I like ur comment but funny tho! seriously u are
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by SisiKill1: 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
jcross19: in the first place why did they get marry , why pre-nup thing came into their mind at the first place ? white man culture or lifestyle is rubbish and unGodly. you marry someone you love and that love you back and the marriage will last than suggesting pre-nup signing that show dishonesty to each other.

I don't see you giving your "Love Conquers All" lecture to men. . .Or are you syaing it is okay for for men to ask women to sign prenup but the women should trust LOVE??
Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by ronkebp(f): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
sally bonne:

LMAO, I like ur comment but funny tho! seriously u are

Seriously though!!!! it is really annoying, the parents knew how so many babes will find it very easy to profess love to millionnaires, am i surprised? No!!! women love Money....(including me) but we have different ambitious spirits, some are really ambitious and can eliminate any obstacle, for them to reach their goals.

Now, the parents had the lady sign a prenup...and you decided to waste your money on her buying gifts, lands, and so on...because she has given you a piece of ...... and empty words of love. i do not like cheating anyone and defintely hate to be cheated.

Now, the deed has been done, the guy will die a pauper or he can put himself together and get his properties back.

2 Likes

Re: Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? by sallybonne(f): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ile-Ife:

That guy who's about to marry you is finished. Sorry for him. SMH grin grin grin

What's the title of the South African movie? LMAO

Which one is the guy who is about to marry me is finish , mtcheew jst comment already and stop trying to find Wetin no dey, as 4 d name of the movie dts ur assignment look 4 it,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Trust Issues Unresolved For 10years Managable? / Do You Inherit Your Partner’s Beef / Do Parents Have A Say In Our Financial Matters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.