Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

What Software Have You Created? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Software Have You Created? (11316 Views)

What Software/applications Sells In Nigeria Nowadays / What Software Have You Created [remix] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Software Have You Created? by tomX1(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2007
I've built a couple of desktop based multi-level marketing system softwares complete with network facilities and internet update system to update their websites. All are selfe contained database softwares with password controlled user interfaces with different user priviledges and with complete user tracking system so that everything a logged-in user does with the software is tracked and recorded. Network subscibers hierarchy can also be view via a tree view interface.

I've also built a sort of script generating software ( for myself) that basicaly reads input from a database and creates an interactive multimedia package with the input (sort of flash application), complete with a search engine and stuff.

I hope to achieve better and greater things next year.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by Psymatix(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2007
Magic Lantern v1.0 - using javascript and html
its free for download from http://www.urbannetfibre.com/magiclantern
Re: What Software Have You Created? by amor4ce(m): 4:54am On Dec 26, 2007
I'm really impressed and encouraged. I want to work as a systems biologist - learn how to develop models of biological systems for predictive purposes. This requires that I learn what I can and is necessary about software engineering and calculus/maths. I would really appreciate your advice as I want to know where and how to start.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by sexytitan(f): 12:04am On Dec 27, 2007
I havent created any softwares just yet but i'm on a verge to. grin
I jst got an admission to study computer science and i dont think the real programming is taught in universities in Nigeria so i just want to know if i should do any additional training in school.
Besides i want to make a record coz i'm 32 years younger than my 4 decade + 0.6x10 year old mother or is/was there any Nigerian programmer younger than that? smiley
Re: What Software Have You Created? by juintade(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ ahuramazda

ahuramazda:

Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo Typeface (Fonts) is the little I can contribute.

Windows version (All Platform) and Apple Macintosh version is available since 1990.

Use for Igbo Oxford Dictionary in 1990 by a topmost Publishing House in the country on Apple Macintosh (Check this out in any Bookstore) Likewise all their Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa publications. Also, many of the leading Publishing House, Christain organization and Business Center enjoy this little contribution.

Direct typing that give you "o" "e" "s" with their dot underneath in True Type. Likewise Naira sign and many other Nigeria special characters available from your keyboard in any of this three language.

The fonts and their User Guide is available. Contact ahura027mazda@yahoo.com to place your request.

Have you ever implemented your typeface into any website before. I am currently looking for a feature that allows users of a website I would be implementing in 2008 to select a Nigerian laguage to display the whole website content in.
How much do u sell the typeface or is it free(me being cheeky)
Re: What Software Have You Created? by SayoMarvel(m): 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2007
Back in the days when i was writting Q-Basic, I wrote a Calculator. But it was not so presentable because QBasic lacks GUI and your source code is displayed b4 the program runs. But Now I'm Into Java and I've writtern my own version of calculator. I call it CALCULATOR+ Ver 1.0. Its better than the one from microsoft company. It has a greater accesibility and appearance. JDK 1.5 is cool, wink
Re: What Software Have You Created? by stone4rock(m): 12:24am On Dec 28, 2007
Men gr8 to hear dis frm naija guys, though am still working on my project.

@jayvin01 which cumstomized MT4 indicators have u created and wats d effectiveness like?
1luv
Re: What Software Have You Created? by xheggs(m): 12:26am On Dec 29, 2007
i've developed a few but mostly web based and it works on an intranet.
>>> 1. <<< An online book store. __php __Mysql __Adobe Dreamweaver(html)
>>> 2. <<< A Scheduler. __Java __MS sql 2000
>>> 3. <<< An appiontment reservation for doctors. __php __Mysql __Adobe Dreamweaver(html)
>>> 4. <<< etc,

I work with some of my friends. The most recent is an ecommerce site for one of my friends,
Its strictly for buying stuffs online in Nigeria and please note that it works.
u could check it out http://www..com/
Re: What Software Have You Created? by c0dec(m): 2:07am On Dec 31, 2007
http://www.supahvillain.co.uk/coding.html

and more,

sexytitan:

I havent created any softwares just yet but i'm on a verge to. grin
I jst got an admission to study computer science and i don't think the real programming is taught in universities in Nigeria so i just want to know if i should do any additional training in school.
Besides i want to make a record because i'm 32 years younger than my 4 decade + 0.6x10 year old mother or is/was there any Nigerian programmer younger than that? smiley

judging from my uni experience, you'll learn nothing in nigerian schools. so you'll have to teach yourself dear. i started programming at your age and i didn't have it easy then - no internet!
Re: What Software Have You Created? by naijafan(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2007
Q-BASIC
- Processor clock speed calculator. (Accurate on Intel P1, PII, and PIII processors, AMD K5, K6.)

Visual Basic
- Calculator (silly!)
- System Monitor (Prevents system from hanging by proactively dectecting non-responding processes and stoping them. Uses WMI)
- Secure Instant Messenger application (dual encryption using AES. client A -> server -> client B. Transparent server detection - as long as its the same network. Multiple server support - with failover.)
- Who wants a million naira (Funny game. Nigerian questions. . . Same generic concept.)
- es-Spy. (Remote monitoring - without the remote desktop feel sha  embarassed )
- File Archiver (Create secure file archives with AES. Smart compression achieved by using optimized algorithms for specific file-content types. Abandoned)

ColdFusion
- Web application for consulting firm to determine monthly payouts of sales executives (outsourced to Ecobank and FirstBank) based on individual performance.
- Cars-ng.com (Kinda like a motors.ebay.com for naija)
- Reloadng.com (Simplifies recharge voucher purchases both online and offline - via sms or flash)

more to come  grin
Re: What Software Have You Created? by abacus(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2008
qBasic and QuickBasic 4.5
A ludo game simulation, i downloaded a checker game from one qbasic forum, and i tried to change the rules and interface to LUDO. I lost the Harddisk then back way in school.

VB 6
My School project: Speech Technology - Telephony. I used Dialgic Ocx Control to build Phone in Application with voice mail functionality.

VB.net
Web based Inhouse Logistics Application for operation dept (Office). I started it using Coldfusion, PHP then later VB.NET.

C#
Also inhouse Warehouse Manager for warehouse (Office). Windows Based using sql server 2005 as bakend.

C#
Another Warehouse thing, basically Inventory Manager, this is web based with some AJAX flavour.

Others are majorly for educational purpose.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by Bangetsu: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2008
Ahhh, dem coders

@princejay, wat app? am interested.

My codes

1. Stock market prediction solution based on artificial intelligent learning from previous stock details
2. complete text to speech and speech to text app
3. complete university web portal
4. e-commerce web application
5. hospital insurance management app
6. payroll, inventory and fixed assets app
7. a coupla viruses in assembly language and c++ grin grin
8. intrusion detection solutions
9. .net decompiler using reflection (open source codes of dll's and exe's)
10. .class decompilers for java classes (view source codes of java classes!)

dats all i can remember for now, grin grin grin
Re: What Software Have You Created? by ThePhantom(m): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2008
@Bangetsu

viruses are Malware not software that doesn't count.

Just Kidding, but why a virus?
Re: What Software Have You Created? by ThePhantom(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2008
@naijafan

Nice apps. I am actually interested in your es-spy(remote monitoring).

email me at _guyman at excite dot com
Re: What Software Have You Created? by Bangetsu: 9:47am On Jan 07, 2008
LOLz,

Yeah, viruses r malware alright. but they're malicious Software. They're a work of art, however u wanna look at em.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by SayoMarvel(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2008
Please I need that decompiler. Is it JCavaj docompiler for Java? my e-mail address is marvelindaclub@yahoo.com
Re: What Software Have You Created? by emmydee(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
may b we will start talking 2 some of u guys. we shall soon need programmers wit fine skills in VB.NET, PHP, etc.
photodigit@whitecoalmedia.com
Re: What Software Have You Created? by wallas: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
I've also written a pro gramme for water gauge as a project n it's working perfectly grin
Re: What Software Have You Created? by tome1: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2008
this is challengin shocked shocked shocked. just planning to study software programmin
Re: What Software Have You Created? by tboy1(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
wallas:

I've also written a pro gramme for water gauge as a project n it's working perfectly grin

I did something like that in my second yr in university using VB
Re: What Software Have You Created? by bioye(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2008
@dearstan,

I wrote the library application 6 years ago so I don't know if the quality would suffice for your needs. If you need more details, kindly send me an email (It's in my profile) or hit me on chat if I'm online. Cheers.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by bankyiie(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2008
Have an HR application written with VB.NET and can connect to Oracle and SQL server Databases.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by princetaab: 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2008
Re: What Software Have You Created? by lordbenax(m): 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2008
I am a one of the youngest programmers in nigeria and i av just made one program using the .net framework. I can assure you that more of my other programs are in construction and the whole world would soon hear about me. Peace.
Here is the program. Feel free to download

Re: What Software Have You Created? by ayobase(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2008
u guys are
blowing my head here.
its tight really!!
Re: What Software Have You Created? by SayoMarvel(m): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2008
I like how you people are working hard to write meaningful programs. Its really encouraging and challenging.

My latest work now is FotoKingdom ver.1.0, it's a picture viewer. It opens with two frames (1)FotoKingdom Image Loader, (2)FotoKingdom Image display.
I incorporated an appearance similar to WinVista's appearance. Thats one of the little works I java to offer for now. Keep on writting programs, I know Nigerian programmers are good, its only PHCN thats fucking our abbilitied up! wink wink wink
Re: What Software Have You Created? by shaDough(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2008
shoulda been a java king by now but with lack of personal inspiration and the PHCN factor sad but its nice to see you folks, right now I'm just on some simple c++ apps, but with what I've seen here, guess things are about to change, watch out for this kid, thanks for the inspiriation wink
Re: What Software Have You Created? by dukefama: 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
Mine, is here, www.schoolsbox.com, Powered By Borland Delphi , MYSQL, Adobe Flex and PHP
I have 2 other sites coming up soon in the next 30days smiley
Re: What Software Have You Created? by princeuk(m): 12:04am On Mar 22, 2008
Program1: pay roll Vb6.0
Program2:Student & Staff Record Set Vb6.0
Program3: Stock Taker
Lots more forgotten.
Cheers To u all,Despite the hard ship,i believe we will make it.
Re: What Software Have You Created? by raffite: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2008
I also develop an MLM management softwares which are currently running

I need an MLM software. Can you develop one 4 me? sheraffite@yahoo.com
Re: What Software Have You Created? by FMK(m): 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2008
Hey

I have one Apliction that I created for small Business, that contains Three Parts

Material Management (procurement, Inventory Management, Materials audit Report, etc, )
Finance Management ( Balance,Payroll, Cash control, etc, )
Equipment Maintenace (work order, etc, )

Named as BMP ( Business Management and Production )

the Aplication has more than 50 fonctions this better for your small business
do you need it ? contact me

they are available to more than 10 business station
Re: What Software Have You Created? by lojik(m): 2:23am On Apr 22, 2008
var lojik = new Array();

lojik[1] = "The Republican"; /*a no installation required cd based game 4 chicken republic's childrens' day promo in 2006*/
lojik[2] = "Inventory Software 4 interwireless 2006";
lojik[3] = "Scriptura 2007"; // Nigeria's 1st comprehensive & commercial bible software
lojik[4] = "Biblica"; //Interactive Bible Software with 2008 Open Heaven daily devotional 4 RCCG
lojik[5] = "I-Path 2008"; //Interactive Pathology Atlas and Examiner (commercial)
lojik[6] = "Mice-Maze 2007"; //Mobile phone game
lojik[7] = "Biblica Mobile phone bible and Nairawords mobile phone dictionary";
lojik[8] = "Royal Funville 2007-2008"; //Interactive educational software 4 kids
lojik[9] = "text Out"; //free commandline text to speech software/utility for programmers
lojik[10] = "Inventory and asset manament php application";
lojik[11] = "English Dictionary";
lojik[12] = "Desktop calculator, Mobile phone calculator";
lojik[13] = "Tax computation software";
lojik[14] = "Paint estimation software for architects";
lojik[15] = "Lots of elearning CBT";
lojik[16] = "2-way sms server software for windows mobile";
lojik[17] = "PHPLOCKER: for obfuscating php source codes";
lojik[18] = "Lots of web portals";

wanna see my softwares? mail me & i'll tell u stores where u can get d commercial ones.

I code actionscript vb.NET, php, javascript and some smaller languages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magento Theme Tutorial: Find Out How To Switch To Different Theme / Guys Upwork Has Not Been On Side. No Job Since.... / Nigerian Made Android Apps for Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.