Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Why People Dont Get Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why People Dont Get Jobs (36036 Views)

I Want To Help Five Nairalander Get Jobs Before May 10 (closed) / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. / Reasons New Graduates Cant Get Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Cosmopolice: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
The person that wrote this article is a big fool
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
Cosmopolice: The person that wrote this article is a big fool

And you that have taken time to read it is the biggest fool. So out of all the meaniful ideal and suggestions people on this topic have shared... Your summary contibrution is to called the writer a fool. Mind you you are the biggest fool because you didn't contribute anything rather you resulted to abuse.
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by DonaldGenes(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by chiboy11(m): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2012
Interviewer: What are your expectations from our company?
WHY DO YOU CHOSE OR WANT TO WORK WITH US

plss can any of u tell me wat answer s best for a quest like this wen u go 4 an interview. tanks
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by datum2012: 11:21am On Nov 19, 2012
We agree. As an African Recruitment Agency, we see several applications in a day and sometimes the candidates have no clue if they fit in the job or not. how will they work at the position if they dont know whether they fit or can fit in!

1 Like

Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by chiboy11(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
chiboy11: Interviewer: What are your expectations from our company?
WHY DO YOU CHOSE OR WANT TO WORK WITH US

plss can any of u tell me wat answer s best for a quest like this wen u go 4 an interview. tanks

plss i ned dis answer
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Emmaxx: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
Freiburger:
5likes.
G
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Emmaxx: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
pembisco: Why we dnt get jobs is because there are no jobs...simple
Good point bro. Though there're are some available jobs but the numbers are too small compared to d teeming job seekers.
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Jobexpert(m): 12:27pm On May 28, 2013
Quite a lot of people have asked for my contacts.

Here they are - 08033120866, 08127745740
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Polchiz(m): 2:21am On Jun 24, 2013
Thank you for your efforts @ OP.
It should have been better if you have shown us a world-class CV sample so that we can see our mistakes.
I am of the opinion that once someone secures a job, he sees himself as an invincible person and considers others who are unemployed as empty brains.
I just can't see the difficult task in writing a good CV. Moreover, CV will not do the job. If I may ask, will you throw away the CV of an expert in clinical nutrition who applied for a position in a beverage producing company simply because he/she could not write a good CV? The fact still remains that we place much emphasis on unnecessary issues.
An array of good CVs carefully filed in an office contributes nothing to the profit making of the organization. Competent workers do.
Between 1999-2008, most banks usually come to ABU, Zaria to recruit her graduates with minimum of 2-1 who are willing to build a career in the banking industry. NB Plc used to do the same for microbiology, biochemistry and chemical engineering graduates.
Today, nobody cares because we produce much more graduates than employers need.
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by spikesC(m): 2:36am On Jun 24, 2013
Polchiz: Thank you for your efforts @ OP.
It should have been better if you have shown us a world-class CV sample so that we can see our mistakes.
I am of the opinion that once someone secures a job, he sees himself as an invincible person and considers others who are unemployed as empty brains.
I just can't see the difficult task in writing a good CV. Moreover, CV will not do the job. If I may ask, will you throw away the CV of an expert in clinical nutrition who applied for a position in a beverage producing company simply because he/she could not write a good CV? The fact still remains that we place much emphasis on unnecessary issues.
An array of good CVs carefully filed in an office contributes nothing to the profit making of the organization. Competent workers do.
Between 1999-2008, most banks usually come to ABU, Zaria to recruit her graduates with minimum of 2-1 who are willing to build a career in the banking industry. NB Plc used to do the same for microbiology, biochemistry and chemical engineering graduates.

And how do you prove you're competent enough to be employed if your CV/cover letter says other wise?
First impression matters; the only way you can get the attention of an employer is via your CV/cover letter

1 Like

Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Polchiz(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
[please could you show us an example of a good CV which you believe is the reason for youth or graduate unemployment?]

And how do you prove you're competent enough to be employed if your CV/cover letter says other wise?
First impression matters; the only way you can get the attention of an employer is via your CV/cover letter[/quote]
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Jobexpert(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
amia: @ OP,can i have your email sir. I have a question i would like to ask you but I don't want to do so on a public forum like this . This is my email address kachimbonu2@yhoo.com thank you

call me on 08033120866
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Jobexpert(m): 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
Polchiz: Thank you for your efforts @ OP.

I agree with you. Pls do not feel that I am claiming to have a monopoly of knowledge. Am just speaking from the number of CVs that I as an employer have simply deleted or ignored, and why. I feel that the application is a first place to start. Others may be able to recognise a good professional from a bad application, I dont doubt their omniscience. i also feel that if you follow this thread, you will see that it is one of a series of solutions.. But generally, there is a problem of job scarcity, so why not put your best foot forward, starting from your email application?

1 Like

Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by Jobexpert(m): 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
Insanity: @OP
What of this;
'To obtain a position in an organization with construction knowledge, high mechanical aptitude and commitment to safety, where i make effective contributions individually or within a team.'
Note- applying to a construction firm.

Why is obtaining a position your objective? Makes you sound a bit desperate. Also watch your grammar. What is "construction knowledge?".

Try dropping the objective completely. This is a construction firm, so I guess you are technical. For this employment type, blowing grammar no go work here, so cut to the chase. Have you got skills, experience? Highlight those instead. Include the machines and projects you have worked on as part of your cv, outlining the core roles you played, and the client's name. Attach a technical drawing to your cv. Do something different but highly relevant..
Re: Why People Dont Get Jobs by DonaldGenes(m): 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
spicy v:

What position actually? Cleaner? Accountant? Business Manager? Your objective should portray how your career goals aligns with the organizations goals.

I would say, " I seek to build a fulfilling career in Administration, by contributing my quota θf innovative professionalism as a team player within a structured organization, focused on proffering specialized construction and safety needs".
you sound so learned' which school did you graduate from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake / FRSC Recruitment Portal Functioning, Applicants Should Use Computer – Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.