Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness (22802 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / “human Flesh All Over My Car” -eyewitness Account Of This Morning’s Bombing / LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by geolabious(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
There are indications that the LASTMA official, Hammed Balogun, who was allegedly run over by a female banker, Yinka Johnson, might actually have been hit by a reckless Danfo bus and not the banker as originally portrayed.

The banker, according to the traffic authority, was said to have been driving against traffic along Lekki-Ajah expressway when she was accosted by the now-deceased 33-year-old LASTMA official.

According to the General Manager of the traffic management authority, Mr. Babatunde Edu, “The driver, whose identity was revealed by the auto inspector device as Yinka Johnson, an employee of IBTC, drove in a green LandRover Jeep with registration number CY 276 LSD against traffic from Mega Chicken inward toll plaza two.

“She was intercepted by three officials of LASTMA led by the head of Operations, Mr. Quayum Asafa, for traffic violation. Johnson started driving recklessly in order to escape and in the process ran over the officer.

“The deceased was rushed to Germaine Hospital where he later died as a result of injury sustained from the accident. The corpse was deposited at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital, Ikeja for autopsy.

“Realising what she had done, she ran and escaped from the scene of the incident into Ikota Estate, Ajah with the security men shutting the gate.

“The situation became riotous as the security attached to the gate refused all entreaties to open the gate until the intervention of the area commander in charge of Area J, Mr. Felix Uwamli, who called for backup before access could be gained into the estate.”

Eye-witnesses at the scene of the incident however say that the official was hit by a Danfo driver and not the banker whose car was stationary when the incident happened.

Doyin Akinlade, a Lagos TV producer, who claimed to be privy to the circumstances leading to her arrest, spoke to YNaija saying that “the LASTMA authorities, for some unexplained reasons are trying to pin the alleged crime on Yinka Johnson whose car was not even moving at the time Hammed Balogun was hit. She did not even see the man being hit.”

He agreed that the banker violated the law by driving against traffic but he insisted that it was not true that she hit the official. He also noted that there was no sign of impact on her car but the said Danfo had its windscreen broken.

Yinka Johnson is a of mother three, including a two month old baby who is reported to be held with her in detention.

Source: http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/11/dead-lastma-official-it-bus-banker-killed-eyewitness/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dead-lastma-official-it-bus-banker-killed-eyewitness

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by omosexy1: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

We all need to be careful, respect traffic rules and learn from this.

11 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
If so, I hope she has enough money to buy justice? and if not so,she does have! undecided
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by doctokwus: 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
Though unfortunate,but I smell an attempt 2 quietly absolve dis woman of blame for dis accident by using d most convenient& ready to bliv tool:"d danfo driver",afterall one killed a lastma not too long ago.Evnthough God has bn abandoned by nigerians for sometime wt our badways,pple shd know He still exists o& demands justice.

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by otokx(m): 12:42am On Aug 12, 2012
Always good to hear the 2 sides of a story, but why would any body drive against traffic? Now they are trying to confuse us with 2 month old baby story.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Yeske2(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2012
Driving against traffic is one thing and accusing her of murder is another, eye witnesses reported a bus did and even had its windscreen shattered. I only hope those around will come out and tell the world what they saw and the case properly investigated.

9 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2012
Irrespective of whether she drove the danfo or not, the loss of life was a result of her actions. I pray she gets out of the wahala cos she must be terribly shaken as a result of the incident.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Abali1(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

Oga, if she did not hit the man down with her car, I believe she should be punished for the traffic violation and not murder/manslaughter. She is not the first person driving against traffic and I believe she will not be the last person.
LET S/HE WHO HAVE NO SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

21 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by boyendowed(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2012
Nigerians sef.A witness just said the lastma official was killed by the danfo bus and some people are saying they are trying to cover up for the woman.It seems some people just want the woman to be found guilty

6 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 12, 2012
saxywale: Irrespective of whether she drove the danfo or not, the loss of life was a result of her actions. I pray she gets out of the wahala cos she must be terribly shaken as a result of the incident.

Who cares if she's terribly shaken? Wat about the LASTMA official that is terribly dead.

I wudnt blame her for trying to escape though. Sometimes people don't know which roads are one-way and which is not. And instead of putting up signboards to indicate, the LASTMA guys hide and wait for you to enter their trap.

Just last week, I and my friend entered one of their traps but quickly escaped by putting the car in reverse and speeding away before they got to the car. Thank God we were not caught and no one was hurt.

5 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ebamma(m): 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
whether na danfo kill am or na okada kill the moral of this story is that he is dead
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is a case of the more you look the less you see. I just hope a thourough investigation is done to ascertain the culprit. Btw, what happened to the CCTV introduced by Fashola some time back?
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by SisiKill1: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
Why do they keep harping on the BANKER, The banker did this, the banker did that.

I mean what does it add to the story??

Journalism in Naija is just appalling. undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by gramci: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is a new twist to the case, just hope justice prevails.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by chucky234(m): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
Watching as this drama unfold....
LASTMA + Danfo - woman = death
Equation solved
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Lord have mercy.. The first comments on this topic doubt the story, naija is changing o..
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by chucky234(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
afam4eva: This is a case of the more you look the less you see. I just hope a thourough investigation is done to ascertain the culprit. Btw, what happened to the CCTV introduced by Fashola some time back?
CCTV ke,you have said it all na. The more you look the less you see,this is Naija.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
afam4eva: This is a case of the more you look the less you see. I just hope a thourough investigation is done to ascertain the culprit. Btw, what happened to the CCTV introduced by Fashola some time back?
am not sure it works.abi no be light dem go use power am? All these long grammar on a cold evening! If we had CCTV cameras stationed in every part of lagos it will go a long way to curb crime.now the story is more confusing.the killer shld be arrested and let it serve as a warning to other road users who drive against traffic!
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by iragbijile: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
teminoni:

Who cares if she's terribly shaken? Wat about the LASTMA official that is terribly dead.

I wudnt blame her for trying to escape though. Sometimes people don't know which roads are one-way and which is not. And instead of putting up signboards to indicate, the LASTMA guys hide and wait for you to enter their trap.

Just last week, I and my friend entered one of their traps but quickly escaped by putting the car in reverse and speeding away before they got to the car. Thank God we were not caught and no one was hurt.

Thats what he deserved, he got himself killed. Next time others will use their common sense. My thoughts and prayers are with that innocent 'banker.'
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Gbabe2: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
boyendowed: Nigerians sef.A witness just said the lastma official was killed by the danfo bus and some people are saying they are trying to cover up for the woman.It seems some people just want the woman to be found guilty

See ur life.So what she did was right?She drove against the traffic that led to death a soul while in d line of duty.Let her roast there.Its a signal to others.Obey the law of the land
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by emmatok(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
omosexy1: So what is this suppose to mean? Then why did she flee the scene of incident if her vehicle was stationary and not moving? If she was driving recklessly and they were trying to catch up with her and in the process, the LASTMA officer was hit by a bus, she is then responsible for the death of the LASTMA officer. Actually, that is what driving against traffic (one way) leads to. Because you must be insane to be driving against traffic. It is a suicide mission and also endangers the lives of other drivers. While I still feel sorry for her and her family, I consider that she must be literate enough to know that she had committed an offense/crime, stay cool and get the booking. Rather than flee the crime scene. Running away from a crime scene would only get you to commit another crime. Her actions led to the death of the LASTMA officers whether is was her vehicle or some other person's vehicle.

Traffic offense is a MISDEMEANOR and not felony.
Lagos traffic rules are not the straight forward, at a point you won't even know which law to obey.

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Yinkay: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
Google Earth Pro may help resolve the mystery if CCTV cannot or not available but if you consider the attitude of female bankers behind wheels in Lagos, to give her benefit of doubt will be hard.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by getdayo(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
if she was driving against traffic, was the Danfo driver driving against traffic too?

2 Likes

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nostradamu(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
Abeg no story.......it was ESTABLISHED she was driving against traffic....ehn ehn......so wetin bi say she dey sationary......na physics we dey do ere? if she wasn't driving against the traffic,no wahala den. abeg make she go defend herself jare,if hin lawyer fit prove beyond reasonable doubt that her stupidity didn't lead to the death of the officer den all well and good,she can now face lesser charges (traffic violation). Then to the lastma officials.....wud have loved to abuse them now,buh lemme respect the dead and go straight to the point....PLEASE GET A CAMERA,CAMCORDERS OR GET CCTV'S TO DO THE "DYING"......PLEASE STOP ASSUMING EVERYBODY AT THE BACK OF THE WHEEL IS 'MENTALLY STABLE' PLS.......yeah, we're all going to die someday buh not at the hands of some lunatic. Abeg let her go and face the music joor,after naa that kin bank worker go talk say na GOVERNMENT make am drive thru one way or say govt no good...na all of us go make this country better,we can't let some idiots in the house of reps determine the live's of a 150million ppl (or more)at the same time we all have to do the "right" thing in our places of influence......my condolences to the family of the deceased.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Basic(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
In intricate matters like this, it pays to be silent.
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by ezotik: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
teminoni:

but not in her case. lekki-ajah is an express road so there is no way she wouldn't know. she is probably one of those money miss road 'oga madam' becos for security men to shut down the gates of ikota trying to hide her, she nor go be 'small' person.

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Series22(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
iragbijile:

Thats what he deserved, he got himself killed. Next time others will use their common sense. My thoughts and prayers are with that innocent 'banker.'
thunder fire u; and may u die while carrying out ur legitmate duty... Isee!

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by kamisy: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
why can't these lastman sent out like a slave deliver their duty like a son who has sense. the car now is there, the owner is alive but the catcher is dead. have mercy LORD
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Osama10(m): 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Which one come be the true version of the story now,the banker or the danfo driver?
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by lightheart(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
geolabious:

Yinka Johnson is a of mother three, including a two month old baby who is reported to be held with her in detention.

And dis should prove her innocence or what?

1 Like

Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by boyendowed(m): 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Gbabe 2:

See ur life.So what did was right?She drove against the traffic that led to death a soul while in d line of duty.Let roast there.Its a signal to others.Obey the law of the land

You dey vex o
Re: A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
Series22: thunder fire u; and may u die while carrying out ur legitmate duty... Isee!
na wah 0oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olusegun Agbaje: I Was Offered N500Million To Rig Election By PDP / Abdulraham Abdulrazaq Campaigns In Pakata Kwara. O To Ge / Wike: Mischief Makers Behind Presidential Campaign Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.