Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great (11350 Views)

Mansa: Season 1 (A Ghanaian story) / Village Menace 1 (A Serial Story) / Calling All Greek Mythology Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
SimonAndal: It's not about mkmyers, the bloke's as legit as they come. It's about the others. How long are we gonna wait till the entrys come in? Forever? Forgive me for losing patience and labelling the whole thing a scam.

Oh! The entries have all been reviewed, evaluated and scored.

Here's a list of the top 5------>https://www.nairaland.com/1015826/calling-all-writers-contest-1/3#12053280

The polls for the top 5 will be put up by mkmyers.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by beylinko(m): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
Cuddlemi,i tot u guys are on this 2gether. But wit wat hv seen so far, seems d op is no where 2 be found and u hv no idea abt wat is going on.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
beylinko: Cuddlemi,i tot u guys are on this 2gether. But wit wat hv seen so far, seems d op is no where 2 be found and u hv no idea abt wat is going on.

This project was mkmyers and not mine, this was made clear from the beginning. I only participated to give support just like every other event/procedure/write-up that happens in this section.

When I do my project, its always very transparent and I do not receive people's write-ups, instead all participation is done openly for everyone to witness. In the course of the contest, he asked masterpiecer, firestar and myself to judge the contest which was done and the result was displayed on here.

That been said, I don't think we should panic, he might just be busy or unavailable. Let's give him time, some entries were submitted to the email account I created (Thank God I created an email account for the contest for safety reasons).

If by tomorrow, nothing is heard from him, I would display all the entries here. Let's not get paranoid or worried for nothing, ok!

I have attached links for clarity sake so you can see my involvement. Thank you!

https://www.nairaland.com/1015826/calling-all-writers-contest-1#11776563
https://www.nairaland.com/1003848/literature-writing-sections-chat-central#11777697
https://www.nairaland.com/1015826/calling-all-writers-contest-1#11770100
https://www.nairaland.com/1015826/calling-all-writers-contest-1#11773472
https://www.nairaland.com/1015826/calling-all-writers-contest-1#11773980
https://www.nairaland.com/1015826/calling-all-writers-contest-1/1#11778890
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by beylinko(m): 1:38am On Sep 09, 2012
Wit what i read d guy is legit. We need nt 2 panic. Hope he comes soon.
@thanks 4 dos links. I gues he is busy or smting just as u said.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 1:42am On Sep 09, 2012
beylinko: Wit what i read d guy is legit. We need nt 2 panic. Hope he comes soon.
@thanks 4 dos links. I gues he is busy or smting just as u said.

Yes, he sounds legit and matured.

We shall be patient then! smiley

Btw, congratulations on making the top 5, nice write-up, keep it up! wink
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by beylinko(m): 1:49am On Sep 09, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Yes, he sounds legit and matured.

We shall be patient then! smiley

Btw, congratulations on making the top 5, nice write-up, keep it up! wink
thanks,i was almost nt posting dat piece .
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 1:57am On Sep 09, 2012
beylinko:
thanks,i was almost nt posting dat piece .

Why?

Well, it was a good piece and I enjoyed it.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by mkmyers45(m): 5:07am On Sep 09, 2012
Good Morning All..I'm very sorry for my delayed absence as i had to take a trip out of town and the network here is quite bad so i havent been able to do anything..I apologise again and is hopeful that by end of the week all will be resolved. Thanks for your patience
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 09, 2012
Already knew the bloke's legit.....
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
SimonAndal: Already knew the bloke's legit.....

Look who's turning the wheel now....to be on the same lane with moi cheesy

Ah hah, tell me about it!
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by mkmyers45(m): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
For some odd reasons i can't put up a poll...Will just post the top entries and award the prizes
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by beylinko(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
mkmyers45: For some odd reasons i can't put up a poll...Will just post the top entries and award the prizes
ask cuddle hw it is done na. Posting it just lyk dat wil take d fun out of d whole thing. We waitd long 4 dis so 4get d price lets feel d fun by letin people vote.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Delafruita(m): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2012
beylinko:
ask cuddle hw it is done na. Posting it just lyk dat wil take d fun out of d whole thing. We waitd long 4 dis so 4get d price lets feel d fun by letin people vote.
i totally agree.let people vote
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by sino(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2012
mkmyers45: For some odd reasons i can't put up a poll...Will just post the top entries and award the prizes
Dont go against your initial post bro, it cast doubts on the whole process...please find a way to put up a poll, perhaps start a new thread for that and link this to it.
Waiting anxiously for the top 5's writings, no fall my hand o!
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by mkmyers45(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2012
sino:
Dont go against your initial post bro, it cast doubts on the whole process...please find a way to put up a poll, perhaps start a new thread for that and link this to it.
Waiting anxiously for the top 5's writings, no fall my hand o!
Thanks for the advice
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by illicit(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2012
lets just get over it and move on to d next one ASAP
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by sino(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2012
mkmyers45: Thanks for the advice
You welcome
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 5:20am On Sep 20, 2012
What is happening to this contest?
What is the reason for the delay?
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by vescucci(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Sigh.

I'm interested in this. But a little bit more thought has to be put into it. It all smacks of a hurried plan and counter plans which didn't work. Perhaps, instead of prizes, recognition would be better?
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by sino(m): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
^i dont think it was hurriedly planed, the issue is with pollz. I agree with you on the prize, recognition will do just fine.

@mkmyers whatzup man? I am beginning to lose interest o!
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hmm
what next?
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by mkmyers45(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Cuddlemii: Hmm
what next?
The poll thing has refused to work o..maybe i should put up the entries and ask nairalanders to like and the most like wins abi?
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Cuddlemii: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
mkmyers45: The poll thing has refused to work o..maybe i should put up the entries and ask nairalanders to like and the most like wins abi?

Now you are thinking! wink

Do that or let nairalanders type the name of the contestant they r voting for so we can count or tally them.

But the "like" option u proposed is faster & convenient.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by vescucci(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
Great! Is it too late to enter? ( '-')
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by beylinko(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
mkmyers45: The poll thing has refused to work o..maybe i should put up the entries and ask nairalanders to like and the most like wins abi?
see u. Oya e!
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by safarigirl(f): 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
So a top 5 has emerged before closing date? Interesting.....the e-mail used is nairalandwriterschallenge@yahoo.com, right?
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by mkmyers45(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
safarigirl: So a top 5 has emerged before closing date? Interesting.....the e-mail used is nairalandwriterschallenge@yahoo.com, right?
The competition closed in August..
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by safarigirl(f): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
mkmyers45: The competition closed in August..
but it was slated to close on the 29th of this month...so those who submitted theirs in September were not put into consideration. I sent a message asking the format of submission on the 29th of August, and got a reply early September when this ought to have ended, wasn't informed so, went through some stress to submit, and all efforts are now in vain. Just saying, it's not cool.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by mkmyers45(m): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
safarigirl: but it was slated to close on the 29th of this month...so those who submitted theirs in September were not put into consideration. I sent a message asking the format of submission on the 29th of August, and got a reply early September when this ought to have ended, wasn't informed so, went through some stress to submit, and all efforts are now in vain. Just saying, it's not cool.
Sorry for the misinformation..Let me check your entry
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by safarigirl(f): 9:18am On Sep 29, 2012
mkmyers45: Sorry for the misinformation..Let me check your entry
Thanks for your consideration.
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Caracta(f): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
How did i miss this?
Re: Calling All Writers Contest 1: A Challenge So Great by Kagawa: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2012
so no winner came out of this contest abi un a just let the matter kpef like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nonfiction Books: State Your Preference Here / The Seer...in Your Mind! / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.