Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,958 members, 7,803,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 (2102 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Buhari Decorates 3 Injured Soldiers With Purple Heart Medal (Photos) / Akindele Mary, The Best Teacher In Ekiti State Who Won A Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by 13volts(m): 5:00am On Aug 12, 2012
@elrufai: Even Afghanistan won a medal at the 2012 Olympics......says a lot about where we rank even among terror-challenged nations....sad..
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by comradeoscar(m): 7:05am On Aug 12, 2012
who will tell dis short idiot to shut is buffalo mouth. ,? he shud have join team Nigeria to get us a medal even if it is a "wood" medal. nonsense! our team woeful outy is an embarazment to all Nigerians includy his bloody self.

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by supoade: 8:05am On Aug 12, 2012
who will tell dis short to shut is buffalo mouth. ,? he shud have join team Nigeria to get us a medal even if it is a "wood" medal. nonsense! our team woeful outy is an embarazment to all Nigerians includy his bloody self.

Laptop No 6 Comrade Oscar, it s called freedom of speech.

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 12, 2012
Isnt El Rufai himself part of the problem?
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by ololo12: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2012
Can someone tell this hyprocrite, and Cretin to shut his mouth up. Before I strangle him to death!
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan: Isnt El Rufai himself part of the problem?
how is he part of the problem? Aren't you yourself also part of the problem?

I think Nigeria sports has taken a nosedive because of the unusual obsession with football. Nobody should blame team Nigeria because after now nobody will care about the team activities until next Olympics
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by ACM10: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2012
Singing "Arise o compatriot, Nigeria call obey. To serve our fatherland, with love and strength and faith. . .

2nd Stanza:
Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause. Guide our leaders right. . .

(clears throat. . .)

Fellow Nigerians,

I've heard your cries. I commiserate with u. I failed u. Truly, the 7th most populous country in the world deserves a common bronze medal cheesy Pls wipe off your tears.

To make-up for our very poor performance. I promise you that we will deliver 10 gold medals in the Paralympic games shocked that will follow the Olympics. Even though the preparedness of our physically-challenged athletes is in question. But never mind. We wont fail this time. wink Pls don't ask me how I'm gonna do that? angry This is my solemn pledge to u my countrymen.
cool
Nigeria: Great nation, Good people.

Signed,
disHonourable Minister of Sports
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 12, 2012
El-Rufai has too much mouth. I need to unff him from twitter sef. There are some days he'll be on my timeline when I go to work in the morning. I return home and he's still replying tweets. If tweeting could produce Olympic medals for Nigeria, his tweets alone go give us clean sweep.
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Dondbuzor: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2012
supoade:

Laptop No 6 Comrade Oscar, it s called freedom of speech.

Mr man, if u got nothing to contribute, u better shut d shi.t hole u call ur mouth.

Must every post be attributed to a laptop no.....

1 Like

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2012
^
I tire for that dumbledor o
Anypost now na laptop squad
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Dondbuzor: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:

how is he part of the problem? Aren't you yourself also part of the problem?

I think Nigeria sports has taken a nosedive because of the unusual obsession with football. Nobody should blame team Nigeria because after now nobody will care about the team activities until next Olympics

U mean mr elrufai is not part of the problem.
A man who busy collecting ppls land and reallocating such lands to his wives, girl friends, unborn children. And yet u open ur mouth to tell me the mallan is not part of the problem facing d country.
What is of more problem facing the country bigger than corruption.
We can even trace the poor outing of the nigerian altletes to the corruption in the sports ministry.
Assuming the money allocated for olympics and preparatns were used effectively, we wouldn't have had such a poor outing.
Once again MR globe, think before u type.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Rhino5dm: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2012
My lady, el-rufai is a hypocrite and annoying one for that matter. The trio of Dino Maleye, J-Japhet Omojuwa and El-rufai are persistent irritants.

They'll always run down your battery unexpectedly with their g-force twitter alerts. I couldn't stand them for more than a day.

@ Topic:

All of a sudden this short-man-devil has woken up from his deep slumber after contributing actively to the present mess we are witnessing in Nigeria. He collided with Atiku under BPE to share our national assets like some piece of birthday cake, sold estates to Obj and his cronies after forcefully revoking them from their rightful owners, sold landed properties to his toddler son in the heart of Abuja running into several hundreds of million, recruited his girl friend as his PA and pay her one million naira monthly.

Ejected justice sambo, a retired justice from his house against court orders. The only reason why el-rufai is still running around is because the present government is no way any better than the previous ones. The fresh air mantra was used to deceive people, after contributing their votes to GEJ and not pdp, GEJ abandon them for his friends .

very arrogant Arrow and annoying scorn.

ogugua88: El-Rufai has too much mouth. I need to unff him from twitter sef. There are some days he'll be on my timeline when I go to work in the morning. I return home and he's still replying tweets. If tweeting could produce Olympic medals for Nigeria, his tweets alone go give us clean sweep.

6 Likes

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by RickyRoss1(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2012
CAN SOMEONE TELL THIS OLD HAUSA/FULANI BASTARDD TO SHUT UP FOR ONCE? THIS MALAM IS VERY IRRITATING, HE IS FIGHTING A LOST BATTLE. NIGERIA IS N0T FOR HAUSA FULANI, YOU HAVE RULED NIGERIA FOR OVER 40 YEARS YET U AINT TIRED, AND U WANNA RULE MORE? WHO TOLD U NIGERIA IS YOUR BIRTH RIGHT?

IF YOU LIKE, LET YOUR BOKO HARAM CONTINUE KILLING PEOPLE IN THE NORTH, WHO WILL LOOSE, IT IS YOU DANMED HAUSA MUSLIMS WHO HAS NO BRAINS. AS U ARE THROWING BOMBS EVERYWHERE UP NORTH, U ARE DRIVING AWAY INVESTORS AND EMPLOYMENT FROM YOUR POVERTY STRICKEN REGION, AND U WILL ONLY GET POORER AND DUMBER....

I WILL ONLY BLAME JONATHAN IF HE DOESN'T USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SPLIT THIS HELL HOLE CALLED NIGERIA. WE ARE NOT ONE PEOPLE, WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ONE, WE ARE A FORCED MARRIAGE/UNION. FEW YEARS AGO AMERICA SAID NIGERIA WILL DISINTEGRATE BEFORE 2015, MANY PEOPLE CALLED THEM COWARDS, BUT I CAN SEE IT COMING... I CAN SEE THERE WONT BE ONE NIGERIA BY 2015... WAKE UP MALAM, YOU HAVE LOST, YOU ARE AS CORRUPT AS EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA, YOU ARE A BASTARD, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR POSITION IN OFFICE OTHER THAN REWARD YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES WITH FREE LANDS... BIG FOOOL
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by ebamma(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2012
mallam rufai go pray for mosque,leave politics to the politicians,last time i checked you were not better than the people you criticize
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by luvinhubby(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2012
Where did elrufai get N8 million to close a whole floor of Hyatt Regency Dubai for three days birthday party for his daughter. Bloody Aboki hypocrite.
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by boyendowed(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2012
Dondbuzor:

Mr man, if u got nothing to contribute, u better shut d shi.t hole u call ur mouth.

Must every post be attributed to a laptop no.....

Don't mind them.This their laptop stuff is now stale and dry.
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by boyendowed(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2012
luvinhubby: Where did elrufai get N8 million to close a whole floor of Hyatt Regency Dubai for three days birthday party for his daughter. Bloody Aboki hypocrite.

Please help me ask his amnesia suffering hypocritical supporters.He is suddenly a God sent to them because he is bashing Jonathan.
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 12, 2012
heh

seems el rufais tweets are drawing more readers than gej's facebook posts cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by jmaine: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2012
luvinhubby: Where did elrufai get N8 million to close a whole floor of Hyatt Regency Dubai for three days birthday party for his daughter. Bloody Aboki hypocrite.

Embezzled Money via corrupt practices . . . .He is a crystal example of a stark and vile hypocrite
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by onatisi(m): 10:08am On Aug 12, 2012
ogugua88: El-Rufai has too much mouth. I need to unff him from twitter sef. There are some days he'll be on my timeline when I go to work in the morning. I return home and he's still replying tweets. If tweeting could produce Olympic medals for Nigeria, his tweets alone go give us clean sweep.
the man is simply jobless,an idle mind is the devils workshop.that is why he has so much time to himself yet nothing tangible to do than to be on twitter
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by onatisi(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2012
el rufai has lot all attractiveness which can attract politicians so the only thing to do is to go on social media and lash the goverment i am sure he has an id on nl ,and capitalise on the fact that ppl condemm gej to try and gain popularity by bashing gej.but we havent forgotten all the dirty deals he did when he was fct minister.
even fani kayode doesnt comment so much as rufai,as far as i can percieve he is fighting for political survival by wanting to remain strong vocal opposition voice
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Kobojunkie: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2012
A Thread based on an ordinary tweet abi na twit?
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by ektbear: 10:40am On Aug 12, 2012
nigeria is a bit pathetic when it comes to sports though. Tiny Jamaica with many medals. Huge Nigeria with zero. Giant of Africa, my @ss

1 Like

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by BigBenoski(m): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2012
I think this rufai dude has graduated 4rm 'immature' to 'sick'. Methinks he needs help. His love for anything anti government and by extension, anti nigeria, has driven him nuts. Mr. Elrufai, you are a grown man...a public figure for goodness sake!!!
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by ektbear: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan: Isnt El Rufai himself part of the problem?

How so?
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2012
ekt_bear: nigeria is a bit pathetic when it comes to sports though. Tiny Jamaica with many medals. Huge Nigeria with zero. Giant of Africa, my @ss

nigeria no don dey carry last

if we had been winning the 40 laptops no go let us hear word cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2012
Malam is entitled to his own opinion.

Does that comment offend GEJ and his cabinet?

Only if it is a lie.
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by onatisi(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2012
ekt_bear:

How so?
he was part of the goverment for almost five years,he corruptly enriched himself by allocating land in choice areas of abuja to himself and family,he was also involved in the coja scandal with atiku on jvc matter nd the list goes on
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by onatisi(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Malam is entitled to his own opinion.

Does that comment offend GEJ and his cabinet?

Only if it is a lie.
it offends the intelligence of the nigerian man ,what has he as a person done to uplift sports in nigeria,has he made any notable contribution to the upliftment of sporting facilities?with all the money he has stolen what philantropic activity has he initiated or engaged in apart frpm spending hours on facebook and twitter
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by ektbear: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi:
he was part of the goverment for almost five years,he corruptly enriched himself by allocating land in choice areas of abuja to himself and family,he was also involved in the coja scandal with atiku on jvc matter nd the list goes on

Was he the minister for sports? Did he decide how much money to allocate to fund for athletics?
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi:

the usual empty gossip from team gej

if any of your allegations were true, they would have moved from govt harassment to prosecution
Re: El Rufai; Even Afghanistan Won A Medal At London 2012 by onatisi(m): 11:15am On Aug 12, 2012
Sunday, September 11, 2011 Corruption: WikiLeaks fingers Okonjo-Iweala, el- Rufai, Anenih, govs, others Adeola Balogun The latest US diplomatic cable released on Friday from the whistleblower, WikiLeaks, has made allegations of corruption against some powerful Nigerians. Minister of Finance Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala advertisement Some of those listed in the report are either occupying key positions in the present government or had served in the past as federal ministers and state governors. The list included the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; former Federal Capital Territory Minister, Malam Nasir el-Rufai; Chief Olabode George; former Minister of State for Petroleum,Edmund Dakoru; and a former Minster of Works, Chief Tony Anenih. Also Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa; former governors of Edo, Rivers and Delta states, Chief Lucky Igbinedon, Peter Odili, and James Ibori, who is currently facing trial for alleged fraud in the United Kingdom; were named among corrupt Nigerian leaders in the latest post by WikiLeaks. While Okonjo-Iweala was accused of cornering contracts worth $50m for her brother, the governors were fingered for using state funds as donations for the library project embarked upon by former President, Olusegun Obasanjo. Yet, others were accused of various forms of embezzlement during their tenure. The allegations were contained in a cable, in which the United States was considering a response to the corruption machine in Nigeria, entitled, Corruption: Nigeria 'improves' to sixth-worst in the whole world...What can we do about it? It followed a release published by Transparency International in its 2005 Annual Corruption Perceptions. The content of the cable was written by the then US Ambassador in Nigeria, Mr. John Campbell. The cable, which was posted in 2005, had listed five countries in the whole world that were more corrupt than Nigeria. The countries mentioned were Chad, Bangladesh, Turkmenistan, Myanmar and Haiti. Transparency International, however, noted that the report was an improvement over what it was in the preceding year. The international watchdog had considered as worrisome widespread corruption at all levels of the private and public sector. The cable cast a doubt on the funding of Obasanjo Farm, which was blossoming at the time even though it was nearly bankrupt in the late 1990s. "Some Nigerians think it is unlikely that Obasanjo's military pension and benefits were the sole source of investment for establishing this huge enterprise, valued by a construction engineer involved in the construction at more than $250m," the cable stated. The cable said Daukoru was charged in 1994 for embezzling some $47m as a managing director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. "The charges were abandoned and Daukoru's political career soared when Obasanjo took office in 1999." Ita-Giwa, according to the cable, was indicted for misappropriation of funds by the Idris Kuta panel in 2000, but was pardoned along other indicted senators and she was named a special adviser to Obasanjo when she left the Senate. Anenih, the cable alleged, was indicted by the National Assembly for the sum of N300bn missing from Ministry of Works and Housing while he was the minister. Okonjo- Iweala was said to have steered contracts to her brother named JonJon with the help of el-Rufai. The contracts, said to be about $50m, were paid to him for consulting for the ministry. El-Rufai who was described as "homeless and seeking a loan to import a taxi from the UK," suddenly became a proud owner of seven upscale properties in a posh Abuja neighbourhood. The cable accused the 36 state governors of donating N10m each to the Obasanjo library project. "Following a public outcry, the library organisers stated the donations were from the governors' personal funds, but several governors backpedalled from their commitments, claiming they had made no such pledges. When a Lagos lawyer filed a code of conduct complaint alleging conflict of interest in the president receiving these donations from recipients of government funds, Obasanjo invoked the immunity clause of the constitution, and the complaint died out," the cable said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Guber Election: Powerful Campaign Quotes & Slogans Of PDP Osun Mega Rally / Jonathan Is Not The Right Man For Nigeria - Gov Obiano / Calling The PROGRESSIVES To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.