Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide (84397 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria / Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by taiwoakin(m): 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
The complete step by step process to help you register your limited liability company with the CAC is available here www.companyregguide.com
You dont need to meet a lawyer to do it for you, you can do it yourself

1 Like

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by NB(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2015
please what is the difference between a company and a business for registration purpose? what are the advantages and disadvantages?
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
You can now register your business online. Read how to do it here.

1 Like

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by bolu(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2015
Hello. Thanks for the information here. I believe it is a great service to knowledge seekers.
I wish to know
1. if it is possible for a not for profit social and community services concern to start operations with a business name registration with plans to upgrade to full incorporation later on.
2. What shall be the implications of such startup (as in 1, if possible)
Thanks
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by bermedaylay: 8:28am On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=omogidi234 post=19590774]
Yes Please.

Good day. Please i want to register a company. For now the idea in my head is selling medical equipment and consumables but i feel with time i might want to expand into other sector like agriculture or agro-allied products. So do you think i should register a name that will be encompassing or just a name that is specific to the healthcare area I am starting with at the moment.
What i mean is that, i want to register a company say ABC Healthcare Ltd. but after few years i intend to go into agro-allied products say ABC foods ltd. so my question is instead of registering ABC Healthcare, cant i just register an encompassing name that is not specific in which other venture/ name can be subsidiary like "ABC COMPANY LTD" or "ABC GLOBAL VENTURES"
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by PearlStreet(m): 6:15am On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=bermedaylay post=34338216][/quote]

Use something generic like XYZ Solutions Limited or XYZ Services Limited.

When preparing the MemArt, you can then insert medical equipment sales as well as agriculture into the Objects clauses. It is very possible as I have helped a client incorporate a single company having tech, energy, Agric, general contracts, etc as its objects.

However, be very careful in crafting your Memo, else you may be asked for a certificate of proficiency in what you intend to undertake.

Cheers!
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=bermedaylay post=34338216][/quote]

Hi apologies, these days I just come read thread and go.

Corporate affairs commission is evolving new rules by and by. Some obvious, some impliedly.

If you want to register a company with health care please go ahead and register solely with medical object.
Later on when you are comfortable, register another one with Agricultural objects.

If you strive to register one company every year with different business for the next five year, In 5 years you will have 5 companies and you would have achieved your dream. In about additional 2 years, you can form group of company with the names i.e. if the first company is Bermedaylay Healthcare Ltd, the second is Bermedaylay Agricultural Company Ltd, etc you can now not put the 5 companies together as Bermedaylay Group Ltd.

Caution, the health care company- CAC may ask you to produce a MBBS.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by Teknireich(m): 12:04am On Sep 03, 2015
Hi,

I want to reduce my share holders from 5 to 2. I feel that many share holders might impact negatively when tax returns must be shown.

Is this possible?

What is the procedure and how much should this cost me?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by laudate: 12:08am On Sep 03, 2015
How does one get tax clearance done for a new company? undecided
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by Alcheringa(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2015
Hello all, Nice to be here.
Please, I have a pressing question;
I wish to transact a business, But I was asked for a registered business name, of which I have non.
But, my Dad suggested I use his, which he registered in 1990, Ministry of Commerce. My challenge is that he has stopped running the business for like 10-12years now. And the document is of "ACT 1961, REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS NAME". Would this document still be valid for my transaction, as the Corporate Affairs Commision(CAC) is of Act 1990??
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by sotimonpe(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
Get a customize website for your company, church, school ETC
features:
customize web address (.com.ng .com .org . net etc)
website Design (6pages)
5 email accounts (your email@yourwebaddress)
etc
FEES N 20, 000
call 08075800577 www.lowosms.com

Get an e-book on how to register your Business name with N11,500 Only in less than 24 hours
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by deolumike(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
I am a legal practitioner.

I'm sure you understand the benefits of registering your business and company among which are the following:
1. It confers on your company a legal personality status, such that you can sue, or
be sued.
2. It also prepares you for professional business lifestyle and,
3. It builds clientele trust.

I can register your business name or company for you at an affordable price.
Please contact me via this medium; deolumike@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by sotimonpe(m): 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
we can help you to register your Business name, Limited Company, School, Church, Mosque etc. if you register any of the above with us, we will design Customize website for you FREE of charge 08075800577 www.lowosms.com and if you need help that is you need someone to guild you on how to register any of the above call 08075800577
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by foxychev(m): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
I get a lot of calls on what is required to register a business with CAC. The truth is, it's very simple. One major thing are required:
1. Valid ID
Driver's license, international passport, national ID or permanent voters card.

Other things (not required in all cases) may include:
* Academic or Professional certificate
Only required if you want to register a specialized company that offers consultancy and expert services in certain fields (e.g. Audit, Engineering, Medical services, ICT). Certificate can be a university degree or HND, or professional certification.

* Passport photographs
Only required if you are registering a Business Name

* An address
You don't have to open a shop or get an office space in advance. Your residential apartment (rented or owned) will do.

Any other requirements apart from the above means you are intending to register a company that is beyond the ordinary.

Two types of registrations exist for a profit oriented business
1. Business Name
This is typically the sole proprietorship or partnership business types that we are all familiar with. Many professional consultants register this type; including chartered accountants and legal practitioners.
This is also the choice for starter low budget businesses; the certificate issued along with its documents can be used to obtain a corporate bank account, TAX Identification Number (TIN), and Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC).
Cummulative Cost of registering is typically below N20,000 if you go to CAC by yourself, which you can do without any agent or lawyer.

2. Limited Company
This is the preferred choice for you if you are ready for a full scale business. This carries more recognition in the Nigerian business environment. It needs at least two people to set up, and a third person to be the secretary (a CAC accredited agent ). It can be public PLC or private LTD. My focus here is the private company.
You need a CAC accredited agent here, that is the policy. Charges are always negotiable with the agent depending on the circumstances and other services but average is between N60,000 and N75,000.

It takes between two to five weeks to complete registration with CAC depending on the the state office and the readiness and accuracy of the required documents. you can visit www.benniesmasterpiece.net/index/company-incorporation for more info.

Call or text my line if you need more information or assistance. Am an accredited agent with CAC

BBM: 58B0A621
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by sotimonpe(m): 3:05am On Jun 06, 2016
Thanks. Good work, but you can now do name search with CAC online platform login to www.cac.gov.ng if you need help on how to go about it 08075800577 www.lowosms.com
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by BabaEleko(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
Contact @Regville for your company registration and related works. They are currently handling my company registration
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by tboyharma(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nice ideal on starting business [url] <a href="http://ydmgist.com/gt-bank-internet-banking/"> learn more about internet banking - GT internet banking </a> [/url]
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by BrickelSmart(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2016
My email is brightokereke@gmail.com i would love to have it.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2017
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. Contact us to enjoy our advantage.
Why not contact us via mail pendoknig@yahoo.com or call us on 08107804290 & 08026103452.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by ademasta(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
Good
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2017
Here are some proficiency certificate needed for company registration in Nigeria
1. Nursery/ Primary School: N.C.E/ B.Ed
2. Secondary School: B.Ed
3. Post-Secondary School: M.Ed, PGD. Ed, Phd (Edu)
4. Investment/ Mutual Fund Company: SEC Authorization
5. Advertising/ Media/ Marketing: APCON
6. Engineering/ Construction: COREN
7. Microfinance Bank/ Bank/ Any Other Financial Services: CBN Authorization.
8. Insurance Company: NAICON Authorisation
9. Consultancy/ Management: Masters Degree in precised field
There are others but will post them later.
If you have inquiries to make, call or Whatsapp us on 08107804290.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2017
There is always an advantage you get with us. We do not just help you register your business name (Enterprise, Ventures or Company), limited liability companies (private limited company, public limited company or unlimited company), NGO/ IT (church, club, foundation), we also help you grow and advance it. After we assist you with the registration process at CAC, we also help with your tax papers and other registration process like EFCC (SCUML), SON, NAFDAC, TRADEMARK, FIRS (VAT, TCC, CIT) e.t.c. We have seasoned professionals who are ready to consult for you and your company at low cost fees. We are proud to say we have registered over 100 companies for clients and promoters in Nigeria and Diaspora. Why not contact us today for an all exclusive corporate package at an affordable fee. Call or Whatsapp us now 08107804290.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by julchi: 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
Let's help your company niche reach as many people as you can imagine through our cogent and diligent 3D animation suite.

We give you short video on a high quality, with human features and sensibilities, good environment with your company logo and vivid descriptions... why not send us a mail of what you want exactly and we will render with perfection...degenius247@gmail.com
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 11:02am On May 01, 2017
Yes that is correct, there are some types of companies that can be registered without share capital.

1. Business name
2. Partnership
2. Limited by Guarantee
3. Sometimes, an unlimited company.
4. NGO or IT

The implication is that, all the insufficiency and debts that the company may carry or as a result in the normal transactions of the company will be borne and indemnify by the parties, directors and people involved. The most important is that all parties in the company will have equal rights to the company. Whether it is voting, meeting, resolutions etc.

Unlike a limited by shares company that has shareholders, where every individual shares determine their rights and privileges in the company. Some have the majority interest and others the minority interest.

You can feel free to call or Whatsapp us on 08107804290.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by sotimonpe(m): 12:03am On May 18, 2017
It is not more news that individual business owners can now register their Company with CAC Without a lawyer, or an accredited agent.
if you need help on how to register your Business name, Private Company Limited, through CAC website Whatsapp or call 08075800577

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 4:29pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, we are proud to tell you that our firm have been able to assist over 10 promoters register their business name and private limited companies via CAC online portal.
Below is the procedure for company registration via CAC ONLINE PORTAL

PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF COMPANY/BUSINESS
NAME/INCORPORATED TRUSTEES ONLINE
Connection to the Company Registration Portal (CRP)
1. Services.cac.gov.ng, or
2. cac.gov.ng
Creation of account
1. Click on create account on the home page of the Portal.
2. Complete the forms displayed
NOTE:
i. ACCREDITED USERS should select ‘’ARE YOU AN ACCREDITED CUSTOMER?’’ and enter
their accreditation number in this format for individual NBA/IND/12345 or
ICAN/IND/12345 or ICSAN/IND/12345, and for firm NBA/FM/12345, or ICAN/FM/12345,
or ICSAN/FM/12345.
ii. Accredited users must ensure that they enter the e-mail address that was used during
their accreditation.
3. Enter the catcher as displayed in the box.
4. Click on submit.
FOR GENERAL USERS, the system will display the pre-entered ‘’USER NAME’’ and the auto generated
‘’PASSWORD’’ immediately. While accredited users will be mailed their ‘’USER NAME’’ and
‘’PASSWORD’’ after approval at the back office.

ACCESSING THE CRP AFTER ACCOUNT CREATION
1. Enter the ‘’USER NAME’’ and ‘’PASSWORD’’.
2. Click on ‘’LOGIN’’
3. Accept terms of use.
4. Change your ‘’PASSWORD’’.
You can thereafter transact business with the commission using your profile without any interruption.

CONDUCT AVAILABILITY
1. Login using your profile details.
2. Select ‘’NAME SEARCH’’.
3. Complete the forms displayed.
NOTE:
1. Always make use of the ‘’CONTINUE’’ button until you get to the end of the form and make
payment.
2. For Incorporated Trustee make sure you provide the main object in the column provided.
3. All fields make asterisks and in red are compulsory and must be populated.
TO VIEW AVAILABILITY APPROVAL
1. Login with your profile.
2. Click on ‘’ACTION’’ button’’ on the name already reserved.
3. Click on DOWNLOAD OF NAME APPROVAL’’.
4. The system will download the document at the base of your computer system.
5. Click on the ‘’OPEN’’ option, the approved availability will be displayed.
NOTE: This is where you see the availability serial number that is required for registration.

REGISTRATION OF COMPANY, BUSINESS NAME, INCORPORATED TRUSTEES
1. Reserve name.
2. Log in with your profile.
3. Select ‘’REGISTRATION’’
4. Select the classification that is ‘’BUSINESS NAME, or COMPANY, or INCORPORATED TRUSTEE’’.
5. Enter the availability serial code.
6. Click on continue.
7. Enter the details of the ‘’PROPRIETOR, DIRECTORS, TRUSTEES, SHAREHOLDERS, SECRETARY
(depending on whether you are registering a BUSINESS NAME, COMPANY, or INCORPORATED
TRUSTEE).
NOTE:
1. Where the director of the company is also a shareholder select the director that has the
dual role enter the number of shares and classification of shares then click on ‘’ADD
SELECTED RECORD’’.
2. For companies and Incorporated Trustees, click on ‘’ADD AN OBJECT’’ or ‘’ADD OBJECTS’’
and type in the nature of Business or objects for which the company or Incorporated trustee
is registered, then click on ‘’ADD’’. Continue to add the object until all the objects have been
added.
3. For companies, either adopt the ‘’ARTICLE’’ or edit by adding or removing the content of the
Article and replacing the same with your own Articles.
8. Select the ‘’DROP OFF and PICK UP STATE’’.
9. Click on continue until payment is made.
10. Select ‘’GET STAMP’’ to stamp the document electronically.
11. Make payment for electronic stamping.
12. The system will automatically affix the electronic stamp duties on the documents (Form CAC1.1,
and Memorandum and Article of Association).

TO DOWNLOAD STAMP DOCUMENT
1. Select ‘’REGISTRATION’’.
2. The system will display all the list of companies registered.
3. Under the ‘’DOCUMENT’’ click on ‘’DOWNLOAD DOCUMENTS’’. Or
4. Click on ‘’ACTION’’ button.
5. Select ‘’DOWNLOAD DOCUMENTS’’.
6. Print the document.

TO UPLOAD DOCUMENT ON DOCUMENT UPLOAD INTERFACE
1. The documents already printed must be signed by the directors/subscribers
2. Go to the commission’s web site ‘’www.cac.gov.ng’’
3. At the middle of the page extreme right select ‘’DOCUMENT UPLOAD’’.
4. Enter the company/Business name/Incorporated Trustee ‘’AVAILABILITY CODE’’.
5. Select the ‘’ORIGINATING OFFICE’’ (THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL PICK UP THE CERTIFICATE).
6. Select ‘’I AM NOT A ROBOT’’ then follow the instruction.
7. Click on ‘’BEGIN’’.
8. Select the type of document to be attached one after the other and attach each one after
properly identifying same.
9. After attaching all the documents click on submit.

AFTER UPLOAD WHAT’S NEXT
1. The Commission will rely on the uploaded documents to treat your application. The certificate
will be generated by the Commission and all relevant documents will be certified.
2. You don’t have to come to the Commission to follow up on the status of your application, you
can check the status of your application on the portal. There is a column that reads ‘’STATUS’’
on your profile. This will show the state or status of the application, it will show ‘’NOT
SUBMITED, or SUBMITTED, or PENDING APPROVAL, or APPROVED depending on stage the
application is.
3. Also note that where the application is approved and certificate generated the Registration
number will be displayed on the column for ‘’REGISTRATION NUMBER’’.
4. When the status reads ‘’APPROVED’’ and Registration number displayed, then you can approach
the office where you had selected as the DROP OFF/PICK UP OFFICE or ‘’ORIGINATING OFFICE’’
with the original copy of the document that you had earlier printed and uploaded. You should
submit the originals in exchange for the certificate and CTC’s.

If you have any difficulty, information or inquiries to make as regards CAC online portal for business name registration, limited company registration and incorporated trustees, do well to contact us on 08107804290 via call or Whatsapps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by abbakin: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
This articles will help all startup business owners and Nigerian entrepreneurs structure their companies for the future growths and avoid any claim base on liability.

How to Choose the Right Business Structure for your Company

1: Understanding Business Organizational Structure

2: 6 Types of Business Organizations every entrepreneur must consider

3: How to Choose the Right Business Name for your Company

4: How to Register a Company in Nigeria: Step by Step Guide

5: The Nigeria Business Permits and Licenses you Need

6: Business Management Case Study with Example

Read more about our business training courses here.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 3:55am On Sep 02, 2017
We will like to felicitate with all our clients, company promoters, workers on the celebration of this season. We wish all our Muslims brothers & sisters Barak de Sallah and Happy New Month. More love, joy, progress and blessings. 4rm Corporeg, your one-stop company registration center.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by DeConsultant: 3:57am On Sep 02, 2017
Why not register with a CAC certified accredited agent. We also assist clients & company promoters with FIRS TIN Application, SCUML, Trademark, Patent, Special Designs, Copyright etc.

For Business Name: 25K for 4 working days.

Limited Companies (One million share capital): 70K for 5 working days.

NGOs (Church, Club, Foundation etc): 120K (30 days, inclusive of mandatory 28 days for public notice.

Contact us via call or WhatsApp us on 08107804290.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest Leaves Cubana Group, Opens His Own Bar, De Angels / Sayyu Dantata Flying His $2m Helicopter To His Office (Photos) / Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.