Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30588 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jimmysho(m): 4:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
Responses so show that the laptop guys are not online. they would ve been hailing the govt and giving cock and bull story of how their light has not blink for over one week. am in abuja, we not ve had light for over 4 days. i stay at Trademore estate lugbe abuja

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ziccoit: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Let the government starts by stop telling lies. It is a known fact that whatever premises on lies is bound to fail. This government acts, eats, plays, sleeps and dreams by lies. It is two days now and counting, no light in my town and its surroundings.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by omoredia: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
No light in my area for the past 2mins oh oppps! The light is on again. Pls NEPA D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ take the light again all this light don't feel so normal. UP NEPA!!! We Nigerians must to complain no matter what. GEJ may God help u lead all this senseless animals called Nigerians!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by alaoeri: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ode ni awon people yi pe wa sha. Smh

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Dollarman101: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Make una talk true for once. Light don improve significantly. Here in Uyo, we have light at least an average of 18 hours a day. It doesnt mean there's no occasional power outages, but there's a significant improvement in power supply. Even when I travelled to port harcourt last week, it was still the same testimony. Everyone was saying light don improve.
When person progress small, make we acknowledge am. No be every time be criticism.

5 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sarcasm at its height
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
My village havn't had light 4 d past six years. The poles has bn vanderlized as a result f dat. Let dem distribute light if dy hav gotten su ch megawatts, or is it only 4 cities? Cities? We ration light in my area-3days On, 3days Off. Worse dan last year

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Flameboy26(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
I regret eva bin a nigerian*poised 4 action*
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
You guys saying you don't have light. . .you better pray for forgiveness oh. How can you be lying and on a Sunday too!!! After all the FG has been trying angry angry

Even if it is true that you don't have light, why are you saying it out loud? Do you want the FG to feel bad? Don't you know that regardless of what the situation, we are supposed to celebrate it...this will encourage the FG.

Our main duty as Nigerians. . . to praise the FG so they can give us what is rightfully ours.

3 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by StepG: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
For the past three weeks light has been steady around my place in Kaduna at times upto two days without any interruption.This is a great improvement over what it use to be.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by brightleave(m): 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin Does this guy knows the definition of electricity?
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by email1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
It may be true cos I enjoy electricity more than expected. Sometimes I dey pray make them carry am because to buy card no easy o. Thumbs up, we are stil watching.

Area's Nyanya/Karu, Abuja.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
jimmysho: Responses so show that the laptop guys are not online. they would ve been hailing the govt and giving cock and bull story of how their light has not blink for over one week. am in abuja, we not ve had light for over 4 days. i stay at Trademore estate lugbe abuja
Surely you aren't implying there's no light where they are. . .that's why they aren't online. cheesy

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by belovedaja(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
Let 'nigerians' say there is no more power outage instead of saying 'there will'....
Even my 2 years old nephew says it is a lie
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by soledadd: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
In my area, its better now than before. hope it will continue to improve untill we achieve full power supply.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill: You guys saying you don't have light. . .you better pray for forgiveness oh. How can you be lying and on a Sunday too!!! After all the FG has been trying angry angry

Even if it is true that you don't have light, why are you saying it out loud? Do you want the FG to feel bad? Don't you know that regardless of what the situation, we are supposed to celebrate it...this will encourage the FG.

Our main duty as Nigerians. . . to praise the FG so they can give us what is rightfully ours.
abeg make i hear!! Who gives a Zap if d f.g has feelings,u think they just sit at their tables getting ready 4 responses. . .i give a Zap about improvements and dats wat i wanna
b.s-did u really think d fg gives two sh¡ts about what u think?? Nah didnt think so too
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
Here in my Hood, we do have light for more than 20hrs per day. I must commend PHCN, they are really trying, I can't remember the last time I use light for 5hrs per day here in Ajegunle, but since the last three weeks, my Gen set has being on Strike. Kudos to PHCN.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
e-mail:
It may be true cos I enjoy electricity more than expected. Sometimes I dey pray make them carry am because to buy card no easy o. Thumbs up, we are stil watching.

Area's Nyanya/Karu, Abuja.
Step-G:
For the past three weeks light has been steady around my place in Kaduna at times upto two days without any interruption.This is a great improvement over what it use to be.
. . . . .And there off abi is it on!! cheesy cheesy
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by monex(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
its has improved in my area sha but it is not yet uhuru neither does it apply to some neighbouring areas. Ikotun-Egbe, Lagos
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
Shaw007: abeg make i hear!! Who gives a Zap if d f.g has feelings,u think they just sit at their tables getting ready 4 responses. . .i give a Zap about improvements and dats wat i wanna
b.s-did u really think d fg gives two sh¡ts about what u think?? Nah didnt think so too

With that kinda language. . . NO LIGHT FOR YOU!!! angry

7 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by tpapi: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
. . .and am presently using my generator. Irony!
u beta relocate 2 nigeria

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
Cock and bull stori.....no b 2day we start to d hear dis kind trash talk...
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jimmysho(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2012
Just that they ve all gone out to buy fuel to refil their generator since they are in an apartment feeding us lies
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ubandire(m): 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
I don't know about you, but in my area power is relatively stable. I sleep with light everyday unlike before. But that has translated into more cards. I exhausted 5000 Naira card in just 2 weeks.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by pembisco(m): 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
Dìs culd be true wo! Light has bn in my area,housing estate here in futy road jimeta/yola fo over 28hrs now wtout ceasing! Dis is gud news guys,or wt do u tink?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by fellawales: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
There has been a good improvement in power in my area but the problem is that it flunctuates. Atall atall ma hin bad pass,we dey manage am ijebu ode
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

With that kinda language. . . NO LIGHT FOR YOU!!! angry
0_0,sorry. . .how many megawatts was it again
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by webmastern(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
lwise: No light since thursday oooo
just thursday? Mine is now 10 days and counting....
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by figment232(m): 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
I have never enjoyed power supply like this in a very long time.I am in Warri ekpan axis,both in my house and office i have been enjoying an unprecedented stability of electricity,in fact i dont need to be reminded these days b4 going to pay my Nepa bills.I think this Breath of "Fresh Air" is afterall a reality.2015 is a forgone conclusion for GEJ, KUDOS!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Yerimzo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Na by improving transmission? Ma Transformer still dy blow every 10mins.Dats d problem wit ma country... Isuez never solved by d ''Nip from d bud'' phenomena.mttchew!

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jamace(m): 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Truely, power supply situation in my area has improved. However, there is more room for improvement.

Keep it up Nepa/PHCN/NERC grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Atiku Abubakar Pictured In His Farm / Omoyele Sowore Celebrates His 46th Birthday In Front Of Police Station (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.