Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,551 members, 7,770,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song (12764 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by publisher(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
LMFAO cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

10 WAYS TO CREATE A NIGERIAN HIT SONG
1. The Lyrics of your song must not exceed 50 words,where each line must be repeated over and over all through the song.

2. If your song's lyrics must exceed 50 words,simply feature a Rapper,any Rapper would do.

3. Your song's lyrics must also include catch phrases aggressively urging women to shake their behinds, whine their waist or bend down low.

4. Ensure you mention the names of your producer,director,fellow artistes, family members and 'Papa God' in your song.

5. Shoot a music video. Your music video MUST show the almighty US Dollar (or its photocopies) being flashed or thrown up in the air.

6. Clarence A Peters must direct your music video. Even if Clarence did not personally work on your video, just put his name at the end.

7. If you cannot afford Clarence A Peters' fees,simply raise some money and travel to South Africa. South Africa has many affordable music video producers PLUS you get the rare privilege of casting CHEAP white,Indian and Mullato female models. It adds an international feel to your music video.

8. Beg Derenle and one other light skinned girl with gold-dyed low cut hair to do cameos in your music video.

9. Bribe any notjustok.com administrator and have them premier your song on their website.

10.Once your song comes on air,quickly announce your upcoming UK and US tours . No one will bother asking how many people actually attended ur overseas shows.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW #1 HIT SINGLE !!!

Source: http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2012/08/10-ways-to-create-nigerian-hit-song.html

13 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Chanchit: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
Lol...! I agree with ur No1 100% sha...
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
Does that mean Nigeria music is One way traffic?

Same of the same for everyone.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Freiburger(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Does that mean Nigeria music is One way traffic?

Same of the same for everyone.

Nice question.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Clemzy16(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2012
Atleast one should still be loaded. You know what i mean.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 13, 2012
What a coincidence. I'm just listening to a music on the radio with lyrics:
oya make you shake am shake am...
shubilubilubi...
Whine am whine am

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Aizebioje(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2012
Sooo true...the likes of Davido queue into the 50words lyric part...#just saying#
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by canuck(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2012
There's a #11: Organize a film-yourself-and-upload dance competition - Since Nigerians are so competitive (including diasporans), they will dance to any useless song, just to get a chance to win.

Before you know it, your music is being played at the Olympics. And everybody will act like Oliver Twist, asking for more! cheesy

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by ebamma(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2012
get a good herbalist,so that any thing you sing will be sweet in people's ear
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by ebamma(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2012
shout my money and your money no be mate in your every song
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Bella3(f): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2012
You forgot sumtim, you must also .introduce a new kinda dance dat makes people dance like imbecilles! You can call it yahooze, alanta or azonto!

7 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by canuck(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2012
Bélla3: You forgot sumtim, you must also .introduce a new kinda dance dat makes people dance like imbecilles! You can call it yahooze, alanta or azonto!

ROTFL! Soooooo true.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Revolva(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2012
Well that is sure truth and that the way we nigerians get our way in music - you see our music industry have the potentials and its gonnna be big sonner - but this fucking govt don't even wanna put the structures well even the said GEJ entertainment money he gave all na wash - no body knows where the money is or even if it existed- crazy nation

Well all what we do in nigeria aare all personal efforts - you pay for ur studio session, you design ur website or social media pay for air play on radio -promo even ur album disc dubbin in alaba all na the poor strugglin artist do it all- infact you are the manager - ooo lard nigeria see wetin boiz dey go thru in a nation where pple feed less dan 2 dollars-

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Whizkay(m): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2012
Bélla3: You forgot sumtim, you must also .introduce a new kinda dance dat makes people dance like imbecilles! You can call it yahooze, alanta or azonto!
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by ajf(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2012
And don't ever make the mistake of using a slow beat. The must be fast with a lot pangolos sounding underneath.
Your song must be the one drunk people can dance to in clubs...

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by abioila(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2012
I'v noticed that light skinned girl
with gold-dyed low cut
hair too,i heard she is the hottest olosho in town.As for Derenle,i think it's the other way round,he begs to be on music videos.i also heard Princess also begs.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by phraze(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2012
Just be True to Yourself. The Op isn't far from truth tho. E get the way tins day wit Nigerians. Once in Rome they say behave like the Romans.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2012
Lmao, this is so true. Catchy phrase is the way to go to make a Nigerian hit song forget about mimicking American artist. Remember to use girls with big backsides in your music video. Nigerian audience love those especially if the girls can shake it well. hehehe
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Chanchit: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: get a good herbalist,so that any thing you sing will be sweet in people's ear
Wetin u come dey wait for...?
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Afam4eva(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2012
Some new Nigerian musicians will go to london and perform in someone's sitting room and then when they return they will tell you that they went on a tour of europe. Video we no go see.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by slimyem: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2012
yes o..
All hail Nigerian artistes..!!
Getting hits,making a living and remaining relevant legitimately in the face of trial,tribulations and terrible system...
Better than our thieving leaders in every way!
Una do well jor!cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by safarigirl(f): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2012
Don't forget to add that your 'haters' dey 'vex' cos of your 'success'. You MUST have haters, especially when you rap. You need not have vocal prowess, in fact having a nice voice may work against you. Also, you must add that you were once broke and people didn't like you, even if sef na lie, a la Davido. Failure to do this and you won't sell cos as everyone knows, only broke people listen to Nigerian music.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by anicho(m): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2012
9ja music noni....abeg see my signature.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Sagytarius(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2012
...even if your lyrics is BS, just make sure the Beats are good and can vibrate your heart when played on a 'real' sound system.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by finefabby(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=ajf]And don't ever make the mistake of using a slow beat. The must be fast with a lot pangolos sounding underneath.

I swear don't even try it
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by tobssyt(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2012
Lol!!!!!!
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Jyde89: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2012
I'm realy happy at the comment's i'm seeing so far, it show's that the Nigerian music industry is on it's way to the next level. I just hope that our music promoter's are watching.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Sagytarius(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2012
Jyde89: I'm realy happy at the comment's i'm seeing so far, it show's that the Nigerian music industry is on it's way to the next level. I just hope that our music promoter's are watching.
are you sure you read the comments at all?
Dude, those comments are sarcastic.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by DICKtator: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
#11. Come up with non-existent slangs/words/catch phrases like tongolo,lamba,tinko,bunga,shakashiki,fokasibe,sleeping-on-a-bicycle,no long thing, dem mama,dem papa,vavaavoom,bombshakala that even adamu-shikena,obi-chineke meh and ade-Yoruba can relate to n u have a hit!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Jahcares(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
So true. Painfully true
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Afam4eva(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
DICKtator: #11. Come up with non-existent slangs/words/catch phrases like tongolo,lamba,tinko,bunga,shakashiki,fokasibe,sleeping-on-a-bicycle,no long thing, dem mama,dem papa,vavaavoom,bombshakala that even adamu-shikena,obi-chineke meh and ade-Yoruba can relate to n u have a hit!!!!
grin grin grin grin
This one works like magic.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by DAY12(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Laugh won kill me ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chidinma Ft. Tha Suspect & Illbliss - Emi Ni Baller Video / VIDEO: 'Sholala' - Juliet Ibrahim Ft. Amon / Nairaland Artiste Andy Blaze drops Two New Singles " Put Call" And "Pikachu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.