Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) (16929 Views)

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? / The Origin Of Hair Extensions-with Pictures / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yeah, I am curious.

I have had this one since September 2007, so almost 5 years now. Will probably keep it the rest of my life as well. I love my hair more and more, some of my locks have gone into bongos, and new ones continue to show.

I started braiding just one year ago, and love it more and more. This is one of the many styles my daughter has had:

So, how is your hair?smiley
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 13, 2012
Beautiful daughter.

Hell you can even braid better than me grin

There's sth about dreadlocks that I dont fancy. It has always looked disgusting and unwashed to me.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by kandiikane(m): 1:54am On Aug 13, 2012
^depends.

Seen some sexy azz dreads. Neat and made up. smiley

Jallow, nakam?

I had my hair cut low. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Beautiful daughter.

Hell you can even braid better than me grin

There's sth about dreadlocks that I dont fancy. It has always looked disgusting and unwashed to me.

Many people say that..wink With white people, some tend t wash it too often, wich makes them rotten up inside. It takes up to 12 hours before my hair dries up, in Norway, that is..in Gambia it took me just about 4hours.

For african people its more easy. The nappy hair makes them dry up more fast, and they can use wax and oils as well, without it fucking up the hair.

And maaany africans have told me I braid better than them..lol. Let me upon up my salon, you`ll see!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
kandiikane: ^depends.

Seen some sexy azz dreads. Neat and made up. smiley

Jallow, nakam?

I had my hair cut low. smiley

Then take a picsmiley

Nakam nak, mange cool?
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by tjskii(f): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
I actually want to styl my hair the dreadlocks way,kinda lik urs,but wayy slimmer,but I nid to be properly educated on Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ to kip it neat,and d effects itl av on my hair wen I decide to undreaadlock

Oh and for now iv got on weave-ons
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
tjskii: I actually want to styl my hair the dreadlocks way,kinda lik urs,but wayy slimmer,but I nid to be properly educated on Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ to kip it neat,and d effects itl av on my hair wen I decide to undreaadlock

Mine has been done halfway the natural-neglecting-way, and half with backcombing..I dont do much with them, sometimes just fix small hairs at the roots with a small crochet-needle.
For africans its quite easy to get locks.
My husband just braid the hair, and it turns into a lock by itself in about 1,5month time. He wash it every day, massages in the shampoo ( all natural shampoo, I might add.. ), and use arabic oil to make it more shiny and healthy.
Other twist the hairs into dreadlocks, but it takes more time. Or they do it all natural; leave it to grow and just divide.

If you want small locks, the twisting-method or the braiding is the easiest ones for you. African locks are easier to maintain than caucasians, the hair is more easy to work with. ( For white people with curles, its easy.. )

To get it out, you have to cut it. Easy as that. The good part for african women there, is the braiding/weave-culture. No need to walk around looking like a dude afterwink
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Many people say that..wink With white people, some tend t wash it too often, wich makes them rotten up inside. It takes up to 12 hours before my hair dries up, in Norway, that is..in Gambia it took me just about 4hours.

For african people its more easy. The nappy hair makes them dry up more fast, and they can use wax and oils as well, without it fucking up the hair.

And maaany africans have told me I braid better than them..lol. Let me upon up my salon, you`ll see!

Please correct "nappy hair" with "natural" or "African" hair. Nappy is a condescending adjective that even some foolish Black ppl use to describe their God-given hair.

I like this tiny dreads tho, not the thick ones. Wait, are you living in Africa? shocked I know that your hubby is a Fulani man.

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Please correct "nappy hair" with "natural" or "African" hair. Nappy is a condescending adjective that even some foolish Black ppl use to describe their God-given hair.

I like this tiny dreads tho, not the thick ones. Wait, are you living in Africa? shocked I know that your hubby is a Fulani man.

Sorry, I know some people take offence from it..comes from my husband and his friendswink

Now I am living in Norway. Was living in Africa last year, going back again next year. Before 3 years from now, I hope to have my own place in Norway, hair, make-up and nails..smiley
Will learn it good next year when I go down, going to school.

And: I love all kind of dreadlocks. Really. My husbands is like mine; mixed of small, big, thick and thin. Others I know have thiiiiiin locks, about 0,5cm thick, others again have 10cm thick bongos. Thats whats fun about locks..
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by hollas2jnr(m): 12:32am On Aug 22, 2012
tjskii: I actually want to styl my hair the dreadlocks way,kinda lik urs,but wayy slimmer,but I nid to be properly educated on Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ to kip it neat,and d effects itl av on my hair wen I decide to undreaadlock

I cannot but tell u ur signature is so funny...
@OP: sorry for derailing ur thread.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Sorry, I know some people take offence from it..comes from my husband and his friendswink

Now I am living in Norway. Was living in Africa last year, going back again next year. Before 3 years from now, I hope to have my own place in Norway, hair, make-up and nails..smiley
Will learn it good next year when I go down, going to school.

And: I love all kind of dreadlocks. Really. My husbands is like mine; mixed of small, big, thick and thin. Others I know have thiiiiiin locks, about 0,5cm thick, others again have 10cm thick bongos. Thats whats fun about locks..

No problem smiley

Ah so dreadlock runs in he family.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

No problem smiley

Ah so dreadlock runs in he family.

No, but he and his friends all call their hair nappysmiley Just a habit I took over, I guess.
He and one more brother have dreadlocks, and one more kinda want it..hehe..
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by JallowBah(f): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2012
hollas2jnr:

If can translate it for me to complete and utter english so I can join the understanding, I`ll forgive youwink
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by megxo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
mohawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
I like that kids hair style. Is this only for gals? Guys hv great hair styles...
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Maxdiamond(m): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
I av a creamy hair!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Emmyk(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
oh, just afro hair cut and I'm good to go
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by slimyem: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
my hair is shaved bald right now...
Its been giving me too much trouble so i made that choice...
I feel so good about it right now...though i hope to grow it back later...
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Duxe(f): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
Bald!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by slimyem: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
hollas2jnr:
i had to check that signature too...
Very funny!
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by casestudy: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
my own na molo
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

If you can translate it for me to complete and utter english so I can join the understanding, I`ll forgive you.
It means; Ijebu Garri sellers do not do much advert but they sell more than Indomie Noodles. The moral of it is you don't need to make too much of noise to create public attention. Please forgive him.

I love ladies with braids. But as a man, wetin I sabi? Na to barb low cut.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by DonaldGenes(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmph! Just passinq....u qo fear front paqe nah
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
You braided your daughter's hair very well, JallowBah.

My hair's natural, 4b/c. I've been for five years.

slimyem: my hair is shaved bald right now...
Its been giving me too much trouble so i made that choice...
I feel so good about it right now...though i hope to grow it back later...

Oh really? You go slimyem! Your hair will grow before you know it.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Andrew3(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
GORIMAKPA
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by MMM2(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
Check out d latest hair cut (2012)

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Andrew3(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
mine angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by ismokeweed1(f): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
My hair grows straight, dark and strong. Just by mixing marijuana ash into your prefered hair product during periodic treatment would aid you to achieve the same/similar result.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by obyikye(f): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
sport waved low cut.
Re: What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) by Sijo01(f): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dreadlocks, over a year now and still counting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Irish Gold Egg Yolk Lotion / Ebube Nwagbo Or Sarah Ofili: Who Wore It Better? / Do You Feel Comfortable Wearing Trunks And Bikini At Beach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.