Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,120 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others (1862 Views)

What U Need to Know About Award Winning M300 Ncomputing Thin Client / Need Info For Shipping Desktops To Nigeria / Hottest/latest Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by ngnetbiz: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
We will no longer support users from Nigeria.

Question: Why?

Because the ratio of legit users versus spammers who just uses our service to send spam/scam mails is very high.

8 of our servers are already taken offline because of those spammers.

You might have noticed that I am not always around here at the forum in the past few days because our time and energy is being wasted in tracking and verifying accounts of suspected spammers instead of monitoring our servers and making our service better.

Our PayPal account was terminated because we received too many chargebacks and disputes coming from hacked PayPal and Credit card accounts used by users from... yes its Nigeria.

Question: Can I still use my account?

We are already blocking Nigerian IPs on our Demo server so that means demo users can no longer use our service.

If you have a premium account and you are still not getting the "bandwidth limit reached" error then good for you because it means that you can still use your account. Just don't let anyone use your account or computer specially if it is your friend who loves to spam.

If you are getting the "bandwidth limit reached" error then you need to look for a new vpn provider. We will no longer restore your account no matter what you do.

Question: Can I still upgrade my account?

Yes, you can still upgrade your account but if you have a spammer friend then it is likely that your account will also be terminated with no refunds. I RECOMMEND TO NOT UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT ANYMORE IF YOU ARE FROM NIGERIA.

Question: Why don't you just block those users found spamming?

That is actually what we are doing. We are checking thousands of accounts everyday. If we found a spammer then we automatically suspend that account. And if that user uses your computer then that means that you know the spammer and you are probably spamming too so it is only logical to also suspend your account. Verifying thousands of accounts is very time consuming that is why we no longer want to support users from Nigeria so we can focus more on making our service better.

Question: Why don't you just block all of Nigerian IPs?

Because adding IPs on the firewall just adds more load to the server. Besides we still have some Nigerian users who are not using our service to spam.

Question: So what is the real point of this post?

This post is made to deter all Nigerian users from using our service. If you still want to use our service then you need to know the risks. If your account was linked to your spammer friend although you are not spamming then your account will be terminated also and we will not restore your account anymore.

Question: I am not a spammer but I really want to use your VPN, what should I do?

Do not risk your money in upgrading your account since it is likely to be suspended anyway. So take my advice find a new vpn provider. There are many VPN providers out there so please move on.
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by chukyjones(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2012
Naija again!!!
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by Funkymallam(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mine have refused to connect, eventhough i subscribed just yesterday.
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by ace4luv69(m): 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Naija no go kill us oooo
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by paleo(m): 2:48am On Aug 15, 2012
Please abeg what is the way forward. Any new tweak. Heard the site is been upgradeded so as to flush out Nigerians IP...i just started using this software myself and I upgraded to the premium account.guess I don enter one chance.
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by Kpimp: 6:04am On Aug 17, 2012
y be say na only naija dey always spoil business.i tire for naija
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by slimming: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2012
Some pple are just so poor that dey can't pay for 3USD per month to use a service rather looking for ways to spam or hack account. This is really bad
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by ikdom(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2012
I pray to see a changed Nigeria soon - When nations will like to envy us because of our blessings
Re: Latest Info For Pdproxy Users/nigerians With Fraud Practices&what U Cause Others by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2012
ikdom: I pray to see a changed Nigeria soon - When nations will like to envy us because of our blessings
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Sim Card Error On Blackberry 8310 / Deleted / UK Used Laptops Computers At A Very Affordable Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.