Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

East Africa: Prostitution In Juba, The Inside Story – Thunder News 24 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / East Africa: Prostitution In Juba, The Inside Story – Thunder News 24 (1215 Views)

Adultery Legalised In South Korea:- What Is The World Turning Into? NTA NEWS 24 / Girl Kills Her 4-day-Old Son For Prostitution In Katsina / Nigerian Girls Forced Into Prostitution In Cote D’ivoire-pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

East Africa: Prostitution In Juba, The Inside Story – Thunder News 24 by ThunderNews24: 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
Phostine Anyango tossed and turned in her sleep. She was unable to sleep. She agonised the whole night about her future. The mother of four beautiful children was about to make a decision that would dramatically change her life.

Was she willing to abandon her nine-year marriage in search of riches in Juba, South Sudan?

She was jobless. Her husband was a casual labourer. Life in Kibera, one of Africa’s largest slums was unbearable. She recalled almost tearfully the days she used to sell doughnuts. Those were hard and tough times. Today, her children were out of school. She had to end their poverty-stricken life. Her elder sister Auma resides in Juba where she engages in prostitution. She had put up a major argument for Anyango to join her.

For days, Anyango tearfully agonised. But each day she stared at the empty stove and looked into her children’s hungry eyes, she got lured. Eventually she decided to travel to the newfound land of opportunities. Auma, a seasoned prostitute, had perfected the art. She was even constructing a stone house at her rural home in Kisumu from her proceeds. Prostitution in Juba, says Auma, is very lucrative. She is able to target the crème de la crème with absolute ease.

PLEASE NOTE THE STORY IS LONG AND CAN NOT POST ALL HERE PLEASE CHECK SOURCE FOR THE FULL STORY:
http://www.thundernews24.com/2012/08/12/east-africa-prostitution-in-juba-the-inside-story-thunder-news-24/
Re: East Africa: Prostitution In Juba, The Inside Story – Thunder News 24 by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2012
East african, a place where survival is for the fittest. I wonder what their govt is doing to alleviate poverty and improve their living standards.... I remember followin a tv programme 'ready for marriage', so touching and it's a truestory of how ppl live over there.... Why hav children when one can't even fend 4 them?
Re: East Africa: Prostitution In Juba, The Inside Story – Thunder News 24 by pcicero(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2012
nne3870: East african, a place where survival is for the fittest. I wonder what their govt is doing to alleviate poverty and improve their living standards.... I remember followin a tv programme 'ready for marriage', so touching and it's a truestory of how ppl live over there.... Why hav children when one can't even fend 4 them?

I always feel that way too. People who can barely feed themselves just give birth with reckless abandon. I think it's about our culture and lack of proper education. But why prolong the cycle of poverty?

(1) (Reply)

Like It Never Happened. / Just Married / Has Any Of Your Childhood Friends Helped You In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.