Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40259 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:34am On Aug 13, 2012
is it just me, or have you noticed that all AA's who come to Niaraland thinking that they love Africans and wish to whats-that-phrase, ah , "connect with their roots" end up cursing & hating us Africans and Nigerians by the time they leave?

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2012
Lmfaooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2012
grin
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2012
Here we go...AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2012
Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is an "Akata"?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2012
SimonAndal: Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is an "Akata"?

it is anyone who practice drugism, rap.ism, po.rnoraphic imagery and crime. wink
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2012
SimonAndal: Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is an "Akata"?

Don't mind him...LOL. Akata means African-American or an African person who has lived in America for too long.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2012
Why would they want to come here?

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2012
Akata means wild cat in yoruba.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2012
SimonAndal: Why would they want to come here?

to create trouble and to get bashed.thats y.

4 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2012
SimonAndal: Why would they want to come here?

Lmao. BuhhahahhahahaahhaHHa.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by kikuyu1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
The so-called akataa simply wants to reconect with the motherland-nothing complicated. Its also why he's at the forefront of true black history,simply searching for his real roots is all.

3 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
jerseyboy: Akata means wild cat in yoruba.

^^^^^^^^^^^ITS MEANS AA^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
The most annoying thing is when the so-called Akata thinks they know more about Africa than Africans. Which tells me that Americans are all the same, ignorant, boastful, not humble, etc.

Maybe I should start saying Africans know more about America than Americans do.

4 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Ybutterfly: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^THEYYY SHOULDDD GOOO TO THEEE AKATA FORUMSS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
I don't mind Americans here as long as they humble themselves. I can't stand arrogant people who feel that they know too much when they don't.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198: I don't mind Americans here as long as they humble themselves. I can't stand arrogant people who feel that they know too much when they don't.

Most like to get into non-sensical arguments with us on nairaland for the sake of it

This forum was not made for them............would I go to a AA forum and talk? never. for what? it is not my place or I even care to

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
Unless any of you are Seun, his relative or a co creator of the site....i suggest you get over it.

Your opinions matter not and you dont decide who comes on here. Maybe if you took the time to REASON and READ/LISTEN more you wouldn't have a problem. I dont care what AKATA means. If it is a slur or a term of endearment it also applies to,you as the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Get over it. And stop crying on a forum smh.

4 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
suyu:

Most like to get into non-sensical arguments with us on nairaland for the sake of it

This forum was not made for them............would I go to a AA forum and talk? never. for what? it is not my place or I even care to

I agree
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by sambos994(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Oh boy...Nigerians vs. AAs, again.....Bring in the Calvary!!!

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by ifyalways(f): 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Confusion don miss road. Yeparipa!
Thread would is on it's way to 3rd world war.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Unless any of you are Seun, his relative or a co creator of the site....i suggest you get over it.

Your opinions matter not and you dont decide who comes on here. Maybe if you took the time to REASON and READ/LISTEN more you wouldn't have a problem. I dont care what AKATA means. If it is a slur or a term of endearment it also applies to,you as the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Get over it. And stop crying on a forum smh.

Your opinions dont matter either..................are you nigerian?

Or did you get lost trying to find the the jamaican or AA forum

No Nigerian needs to get over anything on their own forum.....and we are not AA
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
I never said my opinions matter. Im not the one crying because I got my little feelings hurt. Lmao.

Again you dont own site. Until you do I will remain here and continue to do me. Get over it and grow some nuts lol
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
MsDarkSkin: I never said my opinions matter. Im not the one crying because I got my little feelings hurt. Lmao.

Again you dont own site. Until you do I will remain here and continue to do me. Get over it and grow some nuts lol

I dont need to get over anything.......let the OP continue what he wants to say
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198: I don't mind Americans here as long as they humble themselves. I can't stand arrogant people who feel that they know too much when they don't.

And YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?

And America don't mind Africans as long as they humble themselves. They definitely can't stand arrogant people who feeel that they know too much when they don't.

Don't preach what you aren't willing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

And it should be the same for AFricans.

Don't preach what you aren't willing to do.

I saw you in another post saying that "Americans know more about Africa than Africans living in Africa know about Africa."

That just shows me your lack of respect for African people, who in their right mind would say something so condescending?

3 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
MsDarkSkin: I never said my opinions matter. Im not the one crying because I got my little feelings hurt. Lmao.

Exactly. When they can't retort they use the "this is a Nigerian site" but sure the hell isn't stop trying to LEAVE THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

Only a hit dog holler.

3 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

I saw you in another post saying that "Americans know more about Africa than Africans living in Africa know about Africa."

That just shows me your lack of respect for African people, who in their right mind would say something so condescending?

It shows your lack of comprehension skills. I said NON-AFRICANS know more about African history than many Africans. I also said in the same breath that it is a shame that non-Africans have to correct many of YOUR people when it come to African history and I also listed an example of whom I was referring to.

If it doesn't apply to you...why are you mad

Don't be a biatch.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It shows your lack of comprehension skills. I said NON-AFRICANS know more about African history than many Africans.

If it doesn't apply to you...why are you mad

Don't be a biatch.

What's the difference?

Also, how would you know? Do you live in Africa? Have you been to African schools and sat down first hand with the children to see what they know about African history?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

What's the difference?

Also, how would you know? Do you live in Africa? Have you been to African schools and sat down first hand with the children to see what they know about African history?

The difference is YOU NEED TO QUOTE EXACTLY WHAT I SAID instead of adding shit to it.

MY LAST COMMENT STANDS. NOW WHAT?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

The difference is YOU NEED TO QUOTE EXACTLY WHAT I SAID instead of adding shit to it.

MY LAST COMMENT STANDS. NOW WHAT?

I will leave you be so that other Africans can see this and laugh
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
sambos994: Oh boy...Nigerians vs. AAs, again.....Bring in the Calvary!!!

Hey suga.... kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

Emir Sanusi Visits His Mother With His Mercedes Benz 220S Cabriolet (Photos) / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo) / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.